PDA

View Full Version : Hibs support today

lucky
22-11-2009, 12:03 AM
Thought the support was as poor as the team today. We never really got behind the team. Also it was disappointing to see only 1500 travel through. we criticise the teams performance but as supporters we really should be giving more. This season we have a chance to do something. The board are backing the manager its about time the fans did the same

CallumLaidlaw
22-11-2009, 12:18 AM
bit harsh. The atmosphere wasnt great, but regarding the volume of fans, it was a horrible day, some people thought it might be called off, its an expensive time of year with christmas coming up, just had a expensive day out for the tynie match 2 weeks ago, people that get paid monthly dont get paid till next week.
Plenty reasons. We know we can take a good away support at times, especially when we are doing well (will always remember a game at tannadice 5 years ago just after christmas when we took around 5,500 fans to the game and won 4-1. tremendous day) so there will be reasons. The main core of fans went today. If people dont go tho, they will have their reasons.
More concerned about us filling the stands at home games anyway :wink:

Sir David Gray
22-11-2009, 12:34 AM
I think the monsoon conditions put paid to any decent atmosphere today, particularly in the second half. The quality of play on the pitch wasn't exactly encouraging people to get animated either.

I thought the size of the Hibs support was fine today considering the fact that it's a month before Christmas and also that it was an awful day. As Callum Laidlaw says above, people will be choosing their games carefully at this time of year.

Alex Trager
22-11-2009, 01:33 AM
well all i can say is it was a waste of twenty two pound for me

.Sean.
22-11-2009, 09:32 AM
I just don't get why 90% of our travelling support sit on there hands for 90 minutes and only sing when we score. Me and my mates stood up the back corner and tried to create a bit of an atmosphere but it just wouldn't happen as nobody else was interested.

Keith_M
22-11-2009, 09:55 AM
Hibs supporters could learn a lot from the travelling Aberdeen support. Despite the performance of their team, they were tremendous from start to (almost) finish at the last game at ER. This is something they do regularly.

Any attempts to suggest that the Hibs support do something a bit more to get behind the team, whether in the area of Singing Sections or even the attempt at starting Hibs 'Ultras', justs get met with a mixture of ridicule and apathy.

Maybe we could start a version of Hibees Reunited, like Singers Reunited....

:wink:

Alex B
22-11-2009, 10:35 AM
The size of the support was fine, but as is usually the case the vocal support we gave the team was sub-standard. I've never understood why things have got like this. When I first started going to away games there was still terracing and I recall there being a lot more singing from the travelling fans. These days, unless it's a derby or a pre-season friendly the atmosphere is more often than not completely flat.

Jack
22-11-2009, 10:51 AM
With none of the £22/27 going to Hibs is anyone else put off by this?

Apart from sheer laziness I’m not that fussy on ‘bankrolling / financially supporting’ other clubs. If there was a share coming to Hibs, as it once did, even if it wasn’t very much I’d feel a bit better about it and I might reconsider.

If we had doubled our support yesterday StM would be £33k better off today. On the other hand when StM come to ER we would be £considerably more worse off than £33k!

Maybe we should just make the likes of StM pay a 5% levy on the tickets we sell for them :duck:

Steve20
22-11-2009, 11:24 AM
**** sake. Getting on the back of people who have made the effort to go in those weather conditions, plus the price of a football match so close to xmas.

Have a word OP. You wouldn't say it to peoples faces, so why do it here.

blackpoolhibs
22-11-2009, 12:09 PM
Our support bar the odd occasion has been very quiet for a long time. I'm quite sure thats the case for most clubs these days.:boo hoo:

ArabHibee
22-11-2009, 12:12 PM
Our support bar the odd occasion has been very quiet for a long time. I'm quite sure thats the case for most clubs these days.:boo hoo:

Didn't appear to be the case with the Aberdeen support.

blackpoolhibs
22-11-2009, 12:16 PM
Didn't appear to be the case with the Aberdeen support.

Thats why i said most clubs.:confused: The away support at easter road is hardly rocking these days. Even the old firm dont really get behind their clubs like they used to. I dont know the answer?

ArabHibee
22-11-2009, 12:24 PM
Thats why i said most clubs.:confused: The away support at easter road is hardly rocking these days. Even the old firm dont really get behind their clubs like they used to. I dont know the answer?

Sorry BH, didn't read your original post correctly. Typical woman eh, read what they want to read and make the rest up! :wink:

blackpoolhibs
22-11-2009, 12:43 PM
Sorry BH, didn't read your original post correctly. Typical woman eh, read what they want to read and make the rest up! :wink:

No probs.:greengrin It is a problem though, the atmosphere has virtually dissapeared from football these days. Gone are the days of supporters getting right behind the team. Most people want to actually watch whats happening on the pitch now.:wink: Seating has not helped, over zealous policing and stewarding too. I cant see it getting any better.:boo hoo:

Antifa Hibs
22-11-2009, 01:03 PM
Hibs supporters could learn a lot from the travelling Aberdeen support. Despite the performance of their team, they were tremendous from start to (almost) finish at the last game at ER. This is something they do regularly.

Any attempts to suggest that the Hibs support do something a bit more to get behind the team, whether in the area of Singing Sections or even the attempt at starting Hibs 'Ultras', justs get met with a mixture of ridicule and apathy.

Maybe we could start a version of Hibees Reunited, like Singers Reunited....

:wink:

Like the 500 they took to Motherwell yesterday :confused:

Hibs support is dire these days. Absulute pesh. It's not just us though, its the same for everyone, the old firm and sheep included.

Keith_M
22-11-2009, 02:15 PM
The thing is, we all know that it's true, but what are we going to do about it?

We have the perfect tool to use, the Internet, with loads of forums like this. IMHO, we should be doing something similar to the 'Hibees Reunited' thing, which most of us seem to be really behind. We need to think up some catchy name first though. How about 'Back the Boys' (maybe a bit too Celtc minded) or 'Raise the Roof'.

Any suggestions?

Ed De Gramo
22-11-2009, 02:17 PM
I just don't get why 90% of our travelling support sit on there hands for 90 minutes and only sing when we score. Me and my mates stood up the back corner and tried to create a bit of an atmosphere but it just wouldn't happen as nobody else was interested.

You guys weren't responsible for the "Green Army" chants per chance :greengrin

James.
22-11-2009, 02:30 PM
We got absolutely drenched heading to the park and spent the whole match wet and miserable and in no mood to sing. The green army chant did cheer us up though especially in the west country accent. Also kudos to the two lads standing right at the back (not blocking anyones view) who told the steward where to go when he came up to you, dunno what that guys problem was.

lucky
22-11-2009, 02:38 PM
**** sake. Getting on the back of people who have made the effort to go in those weather conditions, plus the price of a football match so close to xmas.

What are you on about? why would I randomly walk up to hibs supporters and question there support of the club. Your post is just weird. The reality the support was as big as many thought and as usual very few got behind the team

Ed De Gramo
22-11-2009, 02:40 PM
What are you on about? why would I randomly walk up to hibs supporters and question there support of the club. Your post is just weird. The reality the support was as big as many thought and as usual very few got behind the team

Ehhhhhh?

Our away support is always very vocal (well it has been every Away match i've been at this season)

CallumLaidlaw
22-11-2009, 02:41 PM
The thing is, we all know that it's true, but what are we going to do about it?

We have the perfect tool to use, the Internet, with loads of forums like this. IMHO, we should be doing something similar to the 'Hibees Reunited' thing, which most of us seem to be really behind. We need to think up some catchy name first though. How about 'Back the Boys' (maybe a bit too Celtc minded) or 'Raise the Roof'.

Any suggestions?

:agree:
Good idea. Maybe get in with the guys trying to launch the "ultras".
"Raise the Roof" is decent. I was trying to think of something to incorporate Easter Road/Hibs/Hibees, but the best I can come up with is something like -
See the Hibees, Hear/cheer the Hibees

Phil MaGlass
22-11-2009, 02:44 PM
Have the Hibs support turned into the prawn sandwich ManU equivelant,were getting used to not losing and taking it for granted we wont be beaten:greengrin,have to agree though the vocal support is pi5h.I do mean the home support.

.Sean.
22-11-2009, 03:05 PM
You guys weren't responsible for the "Green Army" chants per chance :greengrin
Yup, that was us :thumbsup:

Just tried to create a bit of atmosphere, nobody else seemed interested...

CorrieHibs
22-11-2009, 03:22 PM
The atmosphere at easter road is terrible except from the east stand.I never hear the other stands singing even against the old firm and hearts.The last game were the whole stadium was jumping was probably against AEK. To take 1500 to St mirren yesterday I think is good not to many teams will take that as an away support especially at this time of year and current climate.

Tam1875
22-11-2009, 03:26 PM
lol sitting here pmsl go back a few years when the away support numbers where shall we say small ie tannidice in the 80s there were about 200 hibs supporters their and traveling threw to the dark side was the same lets face it people have more things to do now and the cost of an away day isnt cheap so lets not start getting on the backs of the people who do travel away from home.

Keith_M
22-11-2009, 05:59 PM
lol sitting here pmsl go back a few years when the away support numbers where shall we say small ie tannidice in the 80s there were about 200 hibs supporters their and traveling threw to the dark side was the same lets face it people have more things to do now and the cost of an away day isnt cheap so lets not start getting on the backs of the people who do travel away from home.

:agree:

As far as the numbers traveling are concerned, I think we've mostly got a reasonably sized traveling support. Anyone criticizing taking 1500 to St Mirren on a horrendous day obviously thinks we're now on a level of support of the OF. We're not. To those who went, well done!

I made a couple of comments earlier about doing something about the atmosphere at games but I'd like to point out that was a comment about the atmosphere in general, not specifically the game yesterday. Sometimes the weather and the poor standard of play can affect the fans mood, so that may apply to yesterday.

Bostonhibby
22-11-2009, 07:25 PM

:agree: I drove 720 mile round trip, made some supportive noises but wasn't the best day or most inspiring performance, we all have our different ways of showing our support / expressing our views on what we are seeing in front of us..........

Dashing Bob S
22-11-2009, 07:36 PM
:agree: I drove 720 mile round trip, made some supportive noises but wasn't the best day or most inspiring performance, we all have our different ways of showing our support / expressing our views on what we are seeing in front of us..........

Yes. I'm a bit past the all-singing all-dancing stage unless its a derby and/or i've had a few before the game.

I don't like drinking too much before a game, I like to watch the match clear-headed these days, not through a distracted haze. It makes me less vocal, but as you say, we all have different ways of showing our support.