PDA

View Full Version : We need a big target man

GC
21-11-2009, 10:03 PM
You no think?

Someone like Killen. Nish is nae good when it comes to bringing the others into the game and Stokes, Deeko and Benji would in my opinion benifit no end from having a big laddie up front who can hold the ball up and bring them into the game more.

We don't need to compromise the passing game either for this to happen but when we're adding to the squad in the next window this has to be an area looked at.

Agree?, Thoughts.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
21-11-2009, 10:07 PM
You no think?

Someone like Killen. Nish is nae good when it comes to bringing the others into the game and Stokes, Deeko and Benji would in my opinion benifit no end from having a big laddie up front who can hold the ball up and bring them into the game more.

We don't need to compromise the passing game either for this to happen but when we're adding to the squad in the next window this has to be an area looked at.

Agree?, Thoughts.

Agree.

blackpoolhibs
21-11-2009, 10:07 PM
You no think?

Agree?, Thoughts.

I agree, unless we create something from nothing, like todays goal, the ball is not retained for long up top. We need someone who can bring the ball down, keep it and bring others into the game. Far too many times we give the ball away very cheaply.

Judas Iscariot
21-11-2009, 10:10 PM
Kevin Kyle anyone :hmmm:

Nish to Killie plus 50k with Kyle to us in January..

Cool_Hand_Luke
21-11-2009, 10:13 PM
You no think?

Someone like Killen. Nish is nae good

Agree?, Thoughts.

Fixed that for you...

truehibernian
21-11-2009, 10:14 PM
Bit of width on both flanks would be nice too. We always seem to play through the middle of teams, where a good out ball would be pacey wingers. Yogi never seems to give young Galbraith more than 10 minutes. The times I have seen him come on he injects urgency and pace, and tracks back too. Him on one flank, with Wotherspoon on the other when teams tire would be better than an out and out target man IMO.

Chuckie
21-11-2009, 10:14 PM
Who was yon big half caste lad playing up front for Saint Mirren today?

He looked quite handy.

Cool_Hand_Luke
21-11-2009, 10:16 PM
Who was yon big half caste lad playing up front for Saint Mirren today?

He looked quite handy.

Billy Memhet?

Hibercelona
21-11-2009, 10:16 PM
Killen... No thanks. :yawn:

Curier please. :agree:

Chuckie
21-11-2009, 10:19 PM
Billy Memhet?

Dey ken.

He was giving big Sol a right hard time in the first half though.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
21-11-2009, 10:24 PM
Killen... No thanks. :yawn:

Curier please. :agree:

You'll get slated for that... :greengrin

Right on the mark though. The big felly wasn't a goal scorer at Hibs but knew how to hold the ball up (and did that very well against us at New Douglas Park a few weeks ago...). Was on peanuts at Hibs, knew he wisnae guaranteed a start every game but got on with it without too much mumping.
Useful to have in the squad :agree:

Cool_Hand_Luke
21-11-2009, 10:25 PM
Dey ken.

He was giving big Sol a right hard time in the first half though.

Think it was him. He's no too bad, got a decent strike rate (8 in total this season but only 2 in the league)
IMO quite similar to Curier...

GC
21-11-2009, 10:30 PM
Well if we've spotted it then Yogi surely has.

Honestly Nish stands out like the proverbial amongst our strikers, we need a big striker who can hold his own, play with his back to goal and chip in with a few but his main job must be to bring the other 3 into play.

No sure about Kyle although he was scoring for fun with Killie.

I would take Killen back straight away, if no him then hopefully Yogi can unearth a wee bargain like TM did with Killen.

Curier's a no bad shout by the way, he's got a good scoring record and did well up here, with the right players around him he's do awrite.