PDA

View Full Version : Players pairs

down-the-slope
21-11-2009, 08:06 PM
No this is not an X rated thread about footballers nuts....

I was thinking about the Moroccans and why they seem to be fantastic when both are on the pitch together, but look half the players when one is out.

What other player partnerships showed that the sum of the duo was greater than the parts....

Deeks and GOC :agree:

Miller and McLeish

Shrekko
21-11-2009, 08:08 PM

I was thinking about the Moroccans and why they seem to be fantastic when both are on the pitch together, but look half the players when one is out.

What other player partnerships showed that the sum of the duo was greater than the parts....

Miller and McLeish

Liam Miller and Kevin McBride are also good tandem IMO- Miller I dont think was as effective today when McBride went off.

Badge
21-11-2009, 08:11 PM

Miller and McLeish

Brownlie and Edwards

gackohibs
21-11-2009, 08:16 PM
Nade and witteween?
Calum elliot and the dancing queen?

il get my coat...

bigwheel
21-11-2009, 10:37 PM
For the slightly older crowd..how about Steve Cowan and Willie Irvine??

lapsedhibee
21-11-2009, 10:38 PM
The Twins.

James70
21-11-2009, 10:43 PM
For the slightly older crowd..how about Steve Cowan and Willie Irvine??

I recall Steve Cowan partnering Gordon Durie and IIRC Cowan was the more prolific scorer.

AugustaHibs
22-11-2009, 07:57 AM
jedward.....

I think i will leave now:offski:

Billychaotic182
22-11-2009, 10:59 AM
Brown and Thomson
Fletcher and Deano

ArabHibee
22-11-2009, 11:15 AM

Miller and McLeish

Sorry to spoil the party but I don't think the Moroccans have been "fantastic" when both on the pitch together. Think Benji has been pretty mediocre TBH.

Petrie's Tache
22-11-2009, 11:21 AM
Beck n Baur

Leitherhibs
22-11-2009, 11:54 AM
marco and flavio paixao

down-the-slope
22-11-2009, 03:23 PM
I recall Steve Cowan partnering Gordon Durie and IIRC Cowan was the more prolific scorer.

:agree: yup really knew each others play

down-the-slope
22-11-2009, 03:26 PM
Sorry to spoil the party but I don't think the Moroccans have been "fantastic" when both on the pitch together. Think Benji has been pretty mediocre TBH.

All about opinions (by the way JH agrees:cool2:)

He has been very disciplined playing in a different role as asked by the management - he retains the ball better than Stokes / Nish / Deeks....but when no Zemamma then his passing seems to go to pot

CraigK
22-11-2009, 03:54 PM
From the Miller years:
Keith Wright and Darren Jackson
Michael O'Neill and Kevin McAllister

500miles
22-11-2009, 04:45 PM
One of the first partnerships mentioned was GO'C and Deek. However, when Riordan was dropped, I though O'Connor played very well with Killen.

These days Riordan seems more capable of producing on his own though.

NOLA
22-11-2009, 06:57 PM
cowan and durie were an awesome partnership, don't remember cowan doing much when durie went to chelsea though

down-the-slope
22-11-2009, 07:28 PM
cowan and durie were an awesome partnership, don't remember cowan doing much when durie went to chelsea though

:agree: a great example