PDA

View Full Version : Willie Collum

givescotlandfreedom
21-11-2009, 08:18 PM
I'm surprised there's not a thread on this already. How bad was today's referee? Missed about everything and let them away with absolute murder without booking them then booked Hogg for something far lighter than what they'd got away with. An absolutely awful display from a shocking referee who will do well with the GFA :asshole:

forthhibby
21-11-2009, 08:26 PM
easily the worst display from a whistler this season, completely lost charge of the game

California-Hibs
21-11-2009, 08:32 PM
The officals were a disgrace. The Lineman was a JOKE! Never in my life have i seen a worse performance! Wrong decision after wrong decision, he cost us a good few one on ones today!
Anyone know how many times we were flagged for offside this afternoon?

Sir David Gray
21-11-2009, 08:33 PM
How he didn't book their defender when he pulled Riordan back after he had knocked the ball past him and was bearing down on goal, is totally beyond me. :bitchy:

Especially when Hogg did almost exactly the same later on and was shown a yellow card.

forthhibby
21-11-2009, 08:41 PM
what really pissed me off was twice he pulled the play back to award us a freekick when we were on the break and never even spoke to saints player who committed foul.

whereswallace?
21-11-2009, 08:45 PM
Another one was when the linesman flagged for an offside against the st mirren player in the first half,flag still in the air and st mirren player in posession the ref waves play on.Easily the poorest ref iv seen yet

givescotlandfreedom
21-11-2009, 08:46 PM
what really pissed me off was twice he pulled the play back to award us a freekick when we were on the break and never even spoke to saints player who committed foul.

:agree: Benji got smacked by Innes who never even spoke to him.

How he didn't book their defender when he pulled Riordan back after he had knocked the ball past him and was bearing down on goal, is totally beyond me. :bitchy:

Especially when Hogg did almost exactly the same later on and was shown a yellow card.

:agree: I'd say the St Midden player's one was even worse as Deeks was sprinting into the box whilst Hoggy's was miles out :bitchy:

whereswallace?
21-11-2009, 08:46 PM
Oh and there was the free kick deeks had,the ref counted EIGHT yards,yes EIGHT and despite protests told deek to get on with it.!

Baldy
21-11-2009, 09:22 PM

far too many ... when the hell is Nish going to learn the offside rule, its embarrassing:grr:

Sir David Gray
21-11-2009, 09:30 PM
The officals were a disgrace. The Lineman was a JOKE! Never in my life have i seen a worse performance! Wrong decision after wrong decision, he cost us a good few one on ones today!

Going by the BBC live text updates, it looks like 12 or 13 offsides for us today.

hibbybob
21-11-2009, 09:34 PM
Going by the BBC live text updates, it looks like 12 or 13 offsides for us today.

The officials were poor but I think it's Stokes and Nish that need to waken up! They were rightly flagged off side time and time again!!

GB6
21-11-2009, 09:47 PM
and pulling stevenson out of position to have a word with him when st mirren had a free kick then let them take a quick one before stevenson could get back :bitchy:

BigKev
21-11-2009, 10:13 PM
The linesman on the dug out side was the worst official I've probably ever seen - you know he had a stinker when he sprinted to the tunnel at the end of the game without heeding protocol and meeting the ref and felow assistant on the field of play come full time.

He was disgraceful - the ref wasn't that bad. Made a couple of errors in not allowing advantage but in tricky conditions done ok.

We can't blame Collum for our own shortcomings - the linesman yes but ref naw.

CallumLaidlaw
22-11-2009, 12:03 AM
that linesman was an absolute disgrace. just stuck his flag up as soon as hibs played the ball forward, didnt spot the ball going out for a goal kick in the first half. Also, that ref really bottled some decisions. The tackle on Benji (i think) in the 2nd half was an absolute shocker, and he didnt even book him

Sir David Gray
22-11-2009, 12:38 AM
that linesman was an absolute disgrace. just stuck his flag up as soon as hibs played the ball forward, didnt spot the ball going out for a goal kick in the first half. Also, that ref really bottled some decisions. The tackle on Benji (i think) in the 2nd half was an absolute shocker, and he didnt even book him

:agree: It wasn't too dissimilar to the tackle that got Goncalves a straight red card at Tynecastle today.

I was sure that the guy caught Benji's face, although Benji went down holding his nether region.

Still, for the referee not to even bring out a yellow card was unbelievable for that kind of challenge.

Golden Bear
22-11-2009, 09:09 AM
I wasn't at the game so I can't comment on the Ref's performance.

But here's another example of how opinions differ. In one of the Sunday papers his display is described as " Called the major incidents correctly, and wasn't overly fussy, issuing only 2 yellow cards." The paper then gave the guy 7 out of 10.

:confused: :greengrin

givescotlandfreedom
22-11-2009, 12:16 PM
I wasn't at the game so I can't comment on the Ref's performance.

But here's another example of how opinions differ. In one of the Sunday papers his display is described as " Called the major incidents correctly, and wasn't overly fussy, issuing only 2 yellow cards." The paper then gave the guy 7 out of 10.

:confused: :greengrin

I said at the time he'd get a good write up from the braindead erchies in the press. Having a ref who doesn't want to book players means having a ref who doesn't uphold the rules properly. St Midden got away with several yellow card fouls and as there was only one team playing the negative hammer throwing tactics only they benefited from the referee's reluctancy to show cards. So basically the message is if you play dirty and negative you will get away with it; if you try to play football you won't be protected despite the rules of the game.

Greenblood70
22-11-2009, 01:17 PM
The ref today was piss poor. I lost count of the number of times we had an advantage and he blew and brought the play back. The linesman on the main stand side was probably the worst I've ever had the misfortune of seeing as well(other than maybe the one in about 1984/5 against Aberdeen).

A**** day, performance and shocking officiating to round it all off.

kaimendhibs
22-11-2009, 04:47 PM
The ref today was piss poor. I lost count of the number of times we had an advantage and he blew and brought the play back. The linesman on the main stand side was probably the worst I've ever had the misfortune of seeing as well(other than maybe the one in about 1984/5 against Aberdeen).

does anyone know who the linesman is?

stewthehibee
22-11-2009, 06:30 PM
Stevie Wonder me think!:wink:

PaulSmith
22-11-2009, 06:57 PM

I remember that! Did we get gubbed 5-1 at home and the match official was a guy called Ferguson.

PaulSmith
22-11-2009, 06:58 PM
The linesman on the dug out side was the worst official I've probably ever seen - you know he had a stinker when he sprinted to the tunnel at the end of the game without heeding protocol and meeting the ref and felow assistant on the field of play come full time.

He was disgraceful - the ref wasn't that bad. Made a couple of errors in not allowing advantage but in tricky conditions done ok.

We can't blame Collum for our own shortcomings - the linesman yes but ref naw.

That's actually what the stand side asst ref should do, he goes up the tunnel to make sure that there's no nonsense and the other 2 meet in the middle and walk in behind.

Asst refs were Graham Chambers and Charlie Smith yesterday