PDA

View Full Version : Scotland beat Australia at Rugby

NaeTechnoHibby
21-11-2009, 05:12 PM
They're playing "Loch Lomond" at Murrayfield and ther's no reaction :agree:

Maybe Opera would have been more appropriate :rolleyes:

Houchy
21-11-2009, 06:12 PM
I know it's egg chasing but what a great performance.

Australia could have sneaked it by a point at the end but missed their conversion.

Have we finally got a rugby team to make Scotland a proud rugby nation again.

cabbageandribs1875
21-11-2009, 06:12 PM
9-8 scotland :thumbsup: first win against australia in 27 years, superb defending :cool2:

AFKA5814_Hibs
21-11-2009, 06:14 PM
Thought the Aussies had won it right at the death. Should have converted the try. Not a big rugger fan but quite enjoyed that 2nd half. :thumbsup:

Hiber-nation
21-11-2009, 06:14 PM
I've never watched a Scotland rugby match for ages but that was unbelievable. You could say we were lucky but it was an amazing display of guts and determination.

CropleyWasGod
21-11-2009, 06:20 PM

Away with your class prejudices. The backing they gave them in the second half was superb.

Brilliant performances all round.... or should it be oval?

Jim44
21-11-2009, 06:28 PM
Superb defensive display by the Scotland Rugby team to beat Australia 9-8. :thumbsup:

McSwanky
21-11-2009, 06:29 PM

Live and let live, eh?

Inverse snobbery is as bad as the original kind.

Jim44
21-11-2009, 06:48 PM
A great effort from all concerned and streets ahead of the mess that is our national football team. What with fake call-offs, weak management and coaching and sickening conspiracies to bring back unwanted trouble-makers we could learn a lot from the egg-chasers and their setup.

--------
21-11-2009, 07:12 PM

They can play the Birdie Song every game if it gets the team playing like that.

I prefer 'Loch Lomond' to that dirge 'Flowery Scotland'.

--------
21-11-2009, 07:15 PM
A great effort from all concerned and streets ahead of the mess that is our national football team. What with fake call-offs, weak management and coaching and sickening conspiracies to bring back unwanted trouble-makers we could learn a lot from the egg-chasers and their setup.

:agree: If Carlsberg made Englishmen, they'd probably all be called Andy Robinson.....

I'm not a fan of rugby football, but that was a rivetting performance. NOT lucky - if you don't kick your goals you don't deserve to win the match. :thumbsup:

AndyP
21-11-2009, 07:19 PM

Perhaps it would have been, especially if it is the Toreadors Song from Carmen (listen to the Munster crowd sing it before their home games really stirring stuff)

But then again as a mere rugby loving commoner, I quite like certain operas and classical music, sorry to burst your prejudices.

PapillonVert
21-11-2009, 07:26 PM
What a brilliant performance from Scotland. Epic defence. What a hammering they took but you just had to admire how they refused to crumble.

When the Aussies got the try in the last minute to make it 9 - 8 with the last-kick-of-the-game conversion to follow, I thought "Nooooooo, just our flaming luck, they're bound to get the conversion".

Then the Australian guy missed the conversion and I was jumping around like an eejit shouting "He's missed, he's missed!!!"

Great stuff. Well done, Scotland.

fife hfc
21-11-2009, 08:21 PM
was at the game with my son and what a great win:thumbsup: but I must admit when Gitteau was getting ready to take the kick I told him were leaving as I thought they would sneak it. :brickwall Hurt him as I lifted him to celebrate. great win though back to the wall stuff but brilliant win and hopefully now we can get a bit more attacking.

fife hfc
21-11-2009, 08:24 PM
Played it at half time but never really noticed it. great backing today and away you :trumpet: I love Hibs and I enjoy rugby and I can say it was a great support for Scotland

thekaratekid
21-11-2009, 08:52 PM
The 6 nations will be pretty interesting :agree:

Frazerbob
28-11-2009, 04:54 PM

Hmm, normal service resumed today. Yet another try-less 80 minutes. :yawn:

Steve-O
05-12-2009, 01:09 AM
So who is coming over to the Rugby World Cup in 2011?