PDA

View Full Version : 8 league games undefeated

The Harp Awakes
21-11-2009, 04:19 PM
That's 8 undefeated in the league now.

We're far from the finished article but a good point today against a decent St Mirren team. 2 home games to come and a couple of wins will put us in a great position in the league in the run up to Christmas.

Mon the Hibees!

Keith_M
21-11-2009, 04:56 PM
Maybe, but as 'Mikey the Captain' said, Hibs are just lucky!

Our luck will run out, Hearts will come good, and by the end of the season, they'll be 20 points above us.

Trust me, that guy Roland that posts on the Scotsman website said so :wink:

--------
21-11-2009, 05:47 PM
Maybe, but as 'Mikey the Captain' said, Hibs are just lucky!

Our luck will run out, Hearts will come good, and by the end of the season, they'll be 20 points above us.

Trust me, that guy Roland that posts on the Scotsman website said so :wink:

I fear you're right, keekaboo. You can't really argue with such astute observers of all things football as Jambo Mick and Roland the Rat.

And did not Lord Georgie the Foul of Morbid-Obesity himself say recently on one of their websites that the St Johnstone game was the first in a run of fixtures the Yams could reasonably expect to win?

truehibernian
21-11-2009, 06:22 PM
Being realsitic, last season we would have went to St Mirren, Ibrox, Brockville etc and not come away with the points we have this season. We seem to have found a keeper who is confident and in turn makes the defence play with confidence (home and away), we dig out points when our creative players are injured or carrying injuries, and the squad is happy (dare I use our neighbours word "together"). Two performances which have hardly been of the footballing variety, but at Easter Road we play with a bit more freedom and pace. These next two home games will be the defining moment of the season for me. Win them both and we will carry that on after Christmas. Play poorly and the team will maybe go into a slight malaise. At least Yogi knows he has a team that can graft and grind out points away from home. Very very happy to still be unbeaten, sitting third, and in touch of all the top spots.

Sir David Gray
21-11-2009, 08:25 PM
Whilst it's great that we have now gone eight games unbeaten, I think we need to start scoring more goals.

We have only scored six goals in our last six matches.

I think we also need to try and find a way of playing effectively when we don't have Zemmama available. We missed him a lot today and I don't think we are very creative without him.

We now have two home games coming up, against a team that has only lost once this season (against us) and a team that is fighting for their lives. We need to take six points from these matches as Dundee Utd and Motherwell are breathing down our necks.

sahib
21-11-2009, 09:24 PM
I wasn't at the game today so can't comment. I am worried that we are riding our luck a bit. I think FalkirkHibbee is spot on about our lack of creativity without Zemmama. Were there any playmakers retained from last years u19s?

The Harp Awakes
21-11-2009, 10:40 PM
I wasn't at the game today so can't comment. I am worried that we are riding our luck a bit. I think FalkirkHibbee is spot on about our lack of creativity without Zemmama. Were there any playmakers retained from last years u19s?

Couldn't agree more - when Zouma's out we struggle to have a cutting edge. We definitely need a decent wide player who can get behind defences and Zouma is never the same player in the 2nd half of the season.

That's why the next 2 games are crucial. We need as many points in the bag as we can before the transfer window opens. Hopefully we can strengthen when other Clubs are unable to.

ronaldo7
22-11-2009, 04:50 AM
Couldn't agree more - when Zouma's out we struggle to have a cutting edge. We definitely need a decent wide player who can get behind defences and Zouma is never the same player in the 2nd half of the season.

That's why the next 2 games are crucial. We need as many points in the bag as we can before the transfer window opens. Hopefully we can strengthen when other Clubs are unable to.

Danny Galbraith showed in his couple of fleeting appearances that he can get the ball over from the wings. Should be given a chance in the next couple of games.

Dibben
22-11-2009, 07:51 AM
Danny Galbraith showed in his couple of fleeting appearances that he can get the ball over from the wings. Should be given a chance in the next couple of games.

:agree:

If Zouma misses another game, I like to see Galbraith given the nod.

BH.