PDA

View Full Version : Colin Nish (yes again)

Aldo
21-11-2009, 04:03 PM
Sorry but i think the time has come for Nish to move on...he's either on his arse or offside.

I am however one of Nish's fans and thinks he can bring something to a team but not to us.

If a team was to come in for him in the Jan window I would sell him and use the money to get Killen back in....yes Killen.

A few years ago, before he snapped is achilles he scored 15 goals by the new year and he does gives us something else. It would be him or Kyle at Killie, maybe a swap with Nish but we defo need a striker that can hold the ball up and put himself about a bit.

Wot do we all think?

O and tin hat at the ready.

HIBERNIAN-0762
21-11-2009, 04:08 PM
A quite remarkable record he has for doing this but the whole point here is Yogi has told him about it and yet he was caught offside 2 or 3 times in the space of 15 minutes

Nish=Pish

The Green Goblin
I agree with your Nish frustrations, but Killen? Seriously? The same Killen who spent half a year on the physio`s table then went to Celtic, claiming that Hibs were merely a stepping stone? Hibs can`t afford to pay a player who scores a few goals then takes the rest of the year off.

GG

O'Rourke3
Killen will be desperate for a game at Celtic with the WC coming up. If he came back, you'd get the half season and then back to the treatment room to do a Kingston and get wages for nought.

Get crosses into the box, like Aberdeen and CN will score goals. Get him playing with his back to goal and he looks like rhying slang.

lumbo_hfc
21-11-2009, 04:10 PM
Sorry but i think the time has come for Nish to move on...he's either on his arse or offside.

I am however one of Nish's fans and thinks he can bring something to a team but not to us.

If a team was to come in for him in the Jan window I would sell him and use the money to get Killen back in....yes Killen.

A few years ago, before he snapped is achilles he scored 15 goals by the new year and he does gives us something else. It would be him or Kyle at Killie, maybe a swap with Nish but we defo need a striker that can hold the ball up and put himself about a bit.

Wot do we all think?

O and tin hat at the ready.

Agree it's time for him to go as he is not hibs class and also agree with the 2 names u mentioned could do a better job but i'm not too sure what sort of wages killen would be on at celtic! but would love to see him back at easter rd, if we could keep him fit!

Hibercelona
21-11-2009, 04:11 PM
We need rid of Nish and Benji I think.

I think we're just wasting our time on Benji to "Get good again"... He just doesn't seem interested at all.

Its a shame. I had high hopes for the both of them. But they just aren't doing much (if anything) at all.

Lets get rid in January and bring in something fresh. :agree:

MUSSI LEE
21-11-2009, 04:32 PM

I think we're just wasting our time on Benji to "Get good again"... He just doesn't seem interested at all.

Its a shame. I had high hopes for the both of them. But they just aren't doing much (if anything) at all.

Lets get rid in January and bring in something fresh. :agree::thumbsup::top marks

Wotherspiniesta
21-11-2009, 04:43 PM

I don't agree about Benji, when he can be interested he is one of our best players. I wasn't at the game today, but from the commentary, it seemed like he really stepped it up after we went 1 up and at one point I heard a St Mirren fan shouting " Just take him out" that was aimed at Benji. He wins us a lot of free kicks with his hold up play and has a great strike on him.

I agree with people's frustrations about him as he can seemingly disappear during games and I just hope Yogi can keep him interested, because on his day, he is a superb player IMO.

Also, I think his confidence has dipped a little since his Moroccan teammate has been out.:fez::fez:

millarco
21-11-2009, 05:32 PM

Benji was one of our best players today; for most of the second half he looked like the only player who was comfortable on the ball. He needs to release the ball a bit quicker, but I'd like to see him further up the park. If Zemmama's fit next week I'd like to see a front 4 of Wotherspoon, Zemmama, Riordan and Benji.

It's a bit harsh apportioning any blame towards Nish for today, but he showed in his short spell on the field exactly why he isn't good enough for us. Nothing was sticking to him, he wasn't able to win much and the number of offsides given against him was rediculous. At this level there should be no excuse for being offside from a keeper's kick-out. Somebody like Kyle or Killen would be perfect; strong, mobile and able to bring others into the game. However Kyle is wanting back down south and Killen is probably not worth the gamble given his injury record, so we might have to think outside the box.

Can't see Nish wanting to move either; he's at his favourite club and getting a semi-regular game, so why would he?

HFC 0-7
21-11-2009, 05:42 PM

Agree on the Nish part but not the Benji part. Benji is basically playing in midfield, which to a player that is used to playing on the last defender must be a difficult change, I think yogi is having problems because he has too many good players for the same position and doesnt want to drop any of them.

An average midfielder is better playing in midfield than a good forward is at playing in midfield, and this is why benji is looking a bit iffy, what is surprising me is that benji is still plugging away playing in that position when previously the toys would have been out the pram.

Yogi needs to start dropping players that arent performing, ie, Stokes and letting other players have a chance, I am all for keeping a settled side but what motivation is there if you play bad and still get picked. Yogi has his favourites and wont drop them.

Dont take this as me having a pop at Yogi, as i think he is doing a great job, its just that the way he manages people it seems that he allows people to talk back etc, and dropping players like stokes could mean that he takes the huff.

PISTOL1875
21-11-2009, 05:49 PM

Not Benji.. He is playing in midfield where he should be playing further up and on the shoulder of the last defender..

As for Nish , I like the big man but he isn't a player who plays up top on his own.. He should be played facing the goal not facing away form it....

Hibercelona
21-11-2009, 05:55 PM
I only heard the game on the radio.

But going by what the commentators were saying. Benji was the poorest player on the pitch and totally non existent.

Is it just the commentators spouting p!sh? :dunno:

I've seen Benji play a few times this season. But I'm just not impressed by the lad at all. I know he has the talent to do great things, but whenever i've seen him play this season, he looks like a headless chicken that just couldn't care less.

Perhaps i've just been unfortunate enough not to see any of the games he's played well in.

PISTOL1875
21-11-2009, 05:57 PM
I only heard the game on the radio.

But going by what the commentators were saying. Benji was the poorest player on the pitch and totally non existent.

Is it just the commentators spouting p!sh? :dunno:

I've seen Benji play a few times this season. But I'm just not impressed by the lad at all. I know he has the talent to do great things, but whenever i've seen him play this season, he looks like a headless chicken that just couldn't care less.

Perhaps i've just been unfortunate enough not to see any of the games he's played well in.

Benji is a forward not a midfielder... If anything Benji is playing where Zemmama should be... Benji should be playing up top ....

Cabbage1875
21-11-2009, 06:07 PM
What a load of tosh.

Same comments and vitriol towards the imposter that is Anthony Stokes then aye?

millarco
21-11-2009, 06:20 PM
What a load of tosh.

Same comments and vitriol towards the imposter that is Anthony Stokes then aye?

I don't see anything above which I would call vitriol, just fair, honest opinions. Stokes has been a poor signing thus far, and today he was our worst player-a waste of a jersey. As I said before I'd drop him for the Falkirk game; hopefully that would act as a wake-up call. I think though that there's a lot more to come from Stokes, and time will tell as to whether he'll fulfill his potential. Since last January I haven't seen anything from Nish to suggest that he's good enough to be a regular starter for us.

Thegreenside
21-11-2009, 06:27 PM
dont understand why people continue to defend benji - just doesnt look intrested at all

Cabbage1875
21-11-2009, 06:28 PM
I don't see anything above which I would call vitriol, just fair, honest opinions. Stokes has been a poor signing thus far, and today he was our worst player-a waste of a jersey. As I said before I'd drop him for the Falkirk game; hopefully that would act as a wake-up call. I think though that there's a lot more to come from Stokes, and time will tell as to whether he'll fulfill his potential. Since last January I haven't seen anything from Nish to suggest that he's good enough to be a regular starter for us.
Not necessarily aimed at you, but I'm sure you've heard all the abuse that Nish gets at the games, and it's completely unjust. The big man puts in absolutely everything and wins his fair share of the ball. He gets absolutely no help from referees in my view as well which obviously doesnt help his cause. Also, the system we play at the moment doesnt help the lone striker, as whenever the ball gets fired up to them there is no support around them due to a distinct lack of pace and legs in the squad.

Just seems to me that some players can do no wrong (Riordan, Stokes, Bamba) and others are jumped upon at the very first thing (Rankin, Nish, Hogg). There was absolutely no justification in starting this thread after today's game, none whatsoever.

PISTOL1875
21-11-2009, 06:32 PM
Not necessarily aimed at you, but I'm sure you've heard all the abuse that Nish gets at the games, and it's completely unjust. The big man puts in absolutely everything and wins his fair share of the ball. He gets absolutely no help from referees in my view as well which obviously doesnt help his cause. Also, the system we play at the moment doesnt help the lone striker, as whenever the ball gets fired up to them there is no support around them due to a distinct lack of pace and legs in the squad.

Just seems to me that some players can do no wrong (Riordan, Stokes, Bamba) and others are jumped upon at the very first thing (Rankin, Nish, Hogg). There was absolutely no justification in starting this thread after today's game, none whatsoever.

Those 3 do a lot wrong.. Riordan hardly tracks back and leaves his full back exposed... Stokes is a individual who looks like he doesn't want to play for the team most of the time.. Bamba tries his best to win every challenge even when he has no chance of winning the ball thus making it more likely hewill get booked.....

Bishop Hibee
21-11-2009, 06:32 PM
Benji is not a midfielder and Nish came on to a Hibs XI on the back foot. I didn't read too many moaning on here when he headed in against Aberdeen.

Once Zemmama is fit I'd drop Benji and play him in the role behind Stokes keeping Wotherspoon on the right of midfield.

truehibernian
21-11-2009, 06:35 PM
Nish = good team player, but a very unintelligent striker. A top striker does not get cauight offside 5-6 times in a ten minute spell, especially when playing up top on his own. Yogi is right about his tendancy to fall over too easily too. For those at the game, were any of the offside decisions close, or was it Nish's lack of vision/pace that caught him out so many times ?

ancient hibee
21-11-2009, 06:36 PM
I'm concerned that Stokes has let his fitness go to the dogs over the last 2 seasons which doesn't say much for his ambition. Kyle is an imposter-if the ball doesn't come to his head he's not interested-against us he was like Nish but without his pace and mobility.

millarco
21-11-2009, 06:36 PM

Totally agree with your sentiment. Heard plenty abuse aimed at Hogg, Rankin and Benji today which was totally out of order, and I don't see how it helps any. Sometimes I wonder whether Nish deliberately fires the ball into the stand in the warm-up just to get a bit of revenge.:wink:

Hibercelona
21-11-2009, 06:37 PM
dont understand why people continue to defend benji - just doesnt look intrested at all

I can't help feeling that he doesn't look interested either.

Even if he did play in midfield today... The old Benji would still have shined through.

He just doesn't look anything like the player he did when he came to Hibs.

Although... I'm not just picking him out. Nish is extremely poor. And for a Striker of Nishes type, his goal scoring ratio really isn't that impressive. (It wasn't that impressive at Kilmarnock either)

Stokes... I don't know what to expect from this lad. Everybody knows he has more to offer. So he better start to deliver soon, or I can see Hughes beginning to lose patience with him.

Deek is a lazy git. But he just does enough IMO. We all know he can strike a ball (as he proved again today). So he deserves his place in the team.

I don't have too much complaint about anyone else in the squad. They all seem to be pulling together and working hard. (especially in defence).

So well done to these lads. Our defenders/goalie got us a point today. :agree:

scoopyboy
21-11-2009, 06:51 PM
To try and summarise IMO (and I was at the game unlike others who have posted on this thread)

Benji - Can't see him at Hibs at the start of next season but he was ok today, by no means the worst Hibs player on the park

Rankin - Time he was moved on, by no means a bad signing but he is holding back Lee Currie, Lewis Stevenson etc.

Nish - I wanted Hibs to sign him and I don't think he has been a complete failure but like Rankin its time he was away.

Stokes - He has to be better than what he has shown so far. Please tell me I'm right .

marinello59
21-11-2009, 06:55 PM

Give me a commited to the cause Nish over that mercenary git any day.
He aint perfect but he does do a decent job for us.

woodythehibee
21-11-2009, 06:56 PM
Can't see how people think Benji didn't play well today, i thought he was one of our best players on the park.

His wee bit of skill in the first half was like the Benji of old with the drop of the shoulder. he had a few good runs and won us a lot of free kicks with his general play.

Nish really needs to use his brain when it comes to offsides, it is so frustrating!

As for Stokes, he was poor today, a wee spell on the bench is required i think. Deeks and Benji upfront next week please!

HFC 0-7
21-11-2009, 07:06 PM
To try and summarise IMO (and I was at the game unlike others who have posted on this thread)

Benji - Can't see him at Hibs at the start of next season but he was ok today, by no means the worst Hibs player on the park

Rankin - Time he was moved on, by no means a bad signing but he is holding back Lee Currie, Lewis Stevenson etc.

Nish - I wanted Hibs to sign him and I don't think he has been a complete failure but like Rankin its time he was away.

Stokes - He has to be better than what he has shown so far. Please tell me I'm right .

Spot on!

If hibs want to improve we need lose players like Nish and Rankin. Many people still prefer a hibs player that says the right things and always puts 100% in, but if you look at the top players at big clubs, often they look to not put in 100% every game and do a lot of moaning. Yogi has started bringing in these players, he is looking for quality. Stokes looks like he has a moan and defo doesnt put in 100% every game, Millers past would suggest the same and look at Deek he is one of the biggest offenders.

Often the players that give everything in the game look very average or under perform in big games as they run about like a headless chicken, where the more lazy players look a bit more composed.

I am not saying that we should have a full team of players that done give a damn, but I think we should be looking at skill and quality over someone that is average but will give everything.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
21-11-2009, 07:30 PM
Can't see how people think Benji didn't play well today, i thought he was one of our best players on the park.

His wee bit of skill in the first half was like the Benji of old with the drop of the shoulder. he had a few good runs and won us a lot of free kicks with his general play.

Nish really needs to use his brain when it comes to offsides, it is so frustrating!

As for Stokes, he was poor today, a wee spell on the bench is required i think. Deeks and Benji upfront next week please!

:agree:

Stokes was caught offside umpteen times in the 2nd half as well. Maybe the linesman was a bit overly trigger-happy.

BTW, Stacy Soloman fae X Factor's interviews are as hilarious as Shabbys.....

blackpoolhibs
21-11-2009, 08:03 PM
Nish was a boxer before he took up football full time. He had to retire early though with a cauliflower arse.

Expecting Rain
21-11-2009, 08:31 PM

Not based on the evidence of today but i`d like to see Nish, Benji, Rankin and Hogg moved on asap.

blackpoolhibs
21-11-2009, 08:38 PM
Not based on the evidence of today but i`d like to see Nish, Benji, Rankin and Hogg moved on asap.

Give Yogi time, and he will deliver. :thumbsup:

Shrekko
21-11-2009, 08:49 PM

I think you're right- he's been ok but we need a wee bit better at the moment. Dont think he's holding anyone back though- I'm sure Yogi picks the team on merit and if a player isnt as good as Rankin they should go too unless they're 18/19.

As for Benji, I think there are a number of fans who are always going to give this "he's no interested" comment no matter what. I think he's playing very well (bar the Hearts game), and was certainly one of our better players today on a horrible day.

renato
21-11-2009, 08:51 PM
Stokes will be an important player for us but he does need dropped from the team, firstly to give him a kick up the arse and secondly to show the players that if your standard drops, you won't get picked.

I'd like to see Wotherspoon on the right, Riordan on the left with Zouma playing behind Benji. I think this is our strongest attack at the moment.

Nish still offers us something but at the moment it ain't very much. He seriously needs to get his offsides and diving sorted out asap or Yogi will punt him.

Prof. Shaggy
21-11-2009, 09:04 PM
Stokes will be an important player for us but he does need dropped from the team, firstly to give him a kick up the arse and secondly to show the players that if your standard drops, you won't get picked.

I'd like to see Wotherspoon on the right, Riordan on the left with Zouma playing behind Benji. I think this is our strongest attack at the moment.

Nish still offers us something but at the moment it ain't very much. He seriously needs to get his offsides and diving sorted out asap or Yogi will punt him.

I'd like to see Nish and Benji swap places....

Cameron1875
21-11-2009, 09:18 PM
Cant fault rankin for effort.

HOWEVER there was a time in the 2nd half where we won ball back deep in our own half and he had players around him to pass to. He didnt do this though. He hoofed the ball 60 yards to st mirren goalie without even looking, when our nearest player (nish?) was at half way line.

thats unacceptable imo and completely NOT the way yogi wants hibs to play.

blackpoolhibs
21-11-2009, 09:30 PM
I'd like to see Nish and Benji swap places....

I'd like to see nish and someone better swap places.

Expecting Rain
21-11-2009, 10:30 PM
Give Yogi time, and he will deliver. :thumbsup:

:agree:

IWasThere2016
22-11-2009, 01:08 AM
Never been a Nish fan and never will be. Simply not near good enough. The comparisons to Killen are laughable! Killen is/was twice the player Nish can ever dream to be IMHO

sixtwo
22-11-2009, 07:26 AM
Nish is an honest player. He loves the club and he tries but sadly, the ability is just not there. I can see him getting moved onto a club like Hamilton or Falkirk in the January window.

A player who has been linked with us several times (and who has recently been told he can leave plymouth) is Steven MacLean. He is a hibby so he would be interested in talking to us.

He was a cracking player a few years ago but has lost his way a wee bit. Sounds like the kind of player Yogi likes to go for.

bighairyfaeleith
22-11-2009, 08:35 AM

:faf:

Every fan has the right to applaud or criticise as they see fit, just because nish is a hibby doesn't mean he shouldn't be criticised when he plays crap. Unfortunately for nish he has been playing crap for quite some time now. Giving your all is all well and good but I'd be happy if he would just jump and get more than an inch off the ground and not fall down the first time a defender gets within ten feet of him then he might be a good player.

As for benji, I think we will see more of him once zemmama is back, stokes I think needs us to be playing a more settled formation. By that I mean lets get the midfield settled again and see how he does because the biggest issue at the moment and against hearts as well is that the midfield are not controlling the game the way they did previously.

Hibs90
22-11-2009, 08:43 AM
Referees give the big man no help what so ever, he'd be better if he had a pacey striker playing off him (e.g Naismith when he was at Killie) because he does win headers but nobody moves for him.

Benji though, after the goal was superb I thought and looked one of our best players. I like where Yogi is playing him at the moment and I just think if he was played upfront we would see Benji of old. If he keeps up form and grabs a goal or two then I think he deserves a new contract if he wants one.

Cabbage1875
22-11-2009, 11:41 AM
:faf:

Every fan has the right to applaud or criticise as they see fit, just because nish is a hibby doesn't mean he shouldn't be criticised when he plays crap. Unfortunately for nish he has been playing crap for quite some time now. Giving your all is all well and good but I'd be happy if he would just jump and get more than an inch off the ground and not fall down the first time a defender gets within ten feet of him then he might be a good player.

As for benji, I think we will see more of him once zemmama is back, stokes I think needs us to be playing a more settled formation. By that I mean lets get the midfield settled again and see how he does because the biggest issue at the moment and against hearts as well is that the midfield are not controlling the game the way they did previously.
I don't really see what was so hilarious with what I posted?

The big man doesnt even start the game; comes onto the park for a short period; works about 10 times harder and does more in his short spell than Stokes did in the entire match. And someone starts a thread slating Nish ffs. Scapegoat or what.

Thegreenside
22-11-2009, 11:49 AM
obviously you where all ripping in to him after the aberdeen game:rolleyes:

blackpoolhibs
22-11-2009, 11:56 AM

Throw enough darts at a dart board, and eventually you will hit the bulls eye.

bighairyfaeleith
22-11-2009, 12:04 PM
I don't really see what was so hilarious with what I posted?

The big man doesnt even start the game; comes onto the park for a short period; works about 10 times harder and does more in his short spell than Stokes did in the entire match. And someone starts a thread slating Nish ffs. Scapegoat or what.

There was absolutely no justification in starting this thread after today's game, none whatsoever.

Thats the bit that tickled me, given nish's performances in the last 12 months there is plenty of justification for this thread. He is simply not good enough. If I got the chance to play for hibs I'd work bloody hard as well, doesn't mean I wouldn't expect to be criticised for being **** though, which I would be.

Don't think nish is being made a scapegoat at all, I just think people are acknowledging that he's not good enough. Haven't heard anyone yet say that stokes is playing well etc etc, have you??

bighairyfaeleith
22-11-2009, 12:05 PM

actually yeah i did :greengrin

millarco
22-11-2009, 12:22 PM

I didn't, IMO that would be a little bit silly. But I still said after the Aberdeen game that he wasn't good enough for us.

Cameron1875
22-11-2009, 12:30 PM
those of you who get so excited and try to back nish just because of his goal against aberdeen should release one goal doesnt make someone a good player. Look at NADE. :wink:

forthhibby
22-11-2009, 02:09 PM
When nish plays, hibs fall into the trap of lumping high balls up to him all the time, missing out the midfield and yesterday with the conditions the ball was flying through to their keeper or out of play, nish is a better player when short passes are played in to him and he can lay them off.