Part/Time Supporter
21-11-2009, 07:56 AM
Oh dear

http://www.sporting-charleroi.be/code/fr/hp_news_plus.asp?pk_id_news=6530#

Dashing Bob S
21-11-2009, 08:03 AM
Oh dear

http://www.sporting-charleroi.be/code/fr/hp_news_plus.asp?pk_id_news=6530#

Bad blow. I was hoping TC would be the next to pick up the reigns at the PBS when Plan F wraps up.

millarco
21-11-2009, 08:13 AM
Good luck to him, hope he does well.

matty_f
21-11-2009, 08:15 AM
Good luck to him, hope he does well.

:agree: Same here. He tried his best at Hibs, and while I wouldn't be mad keen on him coming back at all, I certainly wish him well.

H18sry
21-11-2009, 08:22 AM
Translation
The Directorate of Sporting Charleroi and Mr. Tommy Craig have reached an agreement so that it resume for the core pro sports this Saturday.

After several days of discussions and reflections, Tommy agreed to initial an agreement of 1.5 years as coach of the main RCSC.

Tommy advantage to know our club, our players and our league and that had left good memories in our structure.

His professionalism, his coaching career at top level his willingness to meet this challenge, his wisdom and vast experience are major assets for our sport and challenge the rest of our season.

Tommy was in Aberdeen player, Sheffield Wednesday, Newcastle, Aston Villa, Swansea City, Carlisle United and Hibernian.

He was later coach at Hibernian, Celtic, Aberdeen, Scottish U21 national team and Newcastle United.

First impressions of Tommy at RCSC.be :

"I'm very glad I saw offered the post of coach of the RCSC.

I thank the Directorate club my confidence and hopefully we'll have better sports results quickly.

I have the advantage of well-known strength and I think I can improve outcomes with this group by working hard.

I will do my best to bring in Charleroi taste of victory.

The players know what to expect with me work and work and that with the pleasure of coming to training every day. "

.Sean.
21-11-2009, 09:21 AM
Was it Katie or Simon Brown that said Tommy Craig was basically 'in charge' at Hibs when JC was boss?

GordonR
21-11-2009, 10:31 AM
Was it Katie or Simon Brown that said Tommy Craig was basically 'in charge' at Hibs when JC was boss?

So you're saying that Collins only won the CIS cup with a Mowbray team that was managed by Tommy Craig? :devil:

--------
21-11-2009, 12:14 PM
So you're saying that Collins only won the CIS cup with a Mowbray team that was managed by Tommy Craig? :devil:

It's an arguable position to hold. :devil:

Just remember - whatever was going on at ER while Six-Pack was around, Mixu was reckoned to be a mjor improvement....

.... for a while, anyway. :rolleyes:

"I'm very glad I saw offered the post of coach of the RCSC. I thank the Directorate club my confidence and hopefully we'll have better sports results quickly. I have the advantage of well-known strength and I think I can improve outcomes with this group by working hard. I will do my best to bring in Charleroi taste of victory. The players know what to expect with me work and work and that with the pleasure of coming to training every day. "

I see his command of the English language doesnae get any better. Maybe he was eating an apple during that interview.

zlatan
21-11-2009, 01:52 PM
Unbeaten as Hibs manager was he not? Got a good result at Parkhead that day.

--------
21-11-2009, 01:56 PM

Sorry - you're right enough about the Celtic result, but I don't reckon Toamy as a coach. Charleroi are going to need all the luck going with him in charge.

IIRC Six-Pack bailed on the 20th December, we drew 1-1 with Celtic on the 22nd, then we lost 3 in a row - Kilmarnock, Rangers and St Mirren, all 1-2. Mixu came in for the Scottish Cup tie against ICT, which we won 3-0.

At least, that's my recollection. Toamy never won us a game.

Part/Time Supporter
21-11-2009, 02:34 PM

uh uh

drew that game but then lost the next three before Mixu was appointed

zlatan
21-11-2009, 02:58 PM
uh uh

drew that game but then lost the next three before Mixu was appointed

ahh, must of blissfully blocked those games from my memory.