PDA

View Full Version : Hall of Fame

ancient hibee
20-11-2009, 09:11 PM
After the latest additions to the Scottish Hall of Fame does anyone else wonder about a couple of omissions-

first a player who is in the select band of players to score 100 goals in Scotland and England-the first player to score in successive Wembley cup finals-scorer of 6 goals in 17 internationals and a member of the best club forward line ever seen in Scotland

second a player who also scored 100 goals both sides of the border-is a legend at every club he played for(including Raith!)-and had the totally astonishing record of being selected for England while playing for Hibs at the age of 19.

The fact that Bobby and Joe are not in the Hall is a disgrace-how do we get this sorted?

hibs7062footbal
20-11-2009, 09:32 PM
e mail the s.f.a.and ask them why they have been ommitted , i would think that would be the starting point.

monktonharp
21-11-2009, 01:47 AM
I also wonder why Jimmy McMullen,was never in the hall of fame. captain of Partick Thistle when they won the Scottish cup in 1927 and went on to be captain (I think) of the Wembley Wizards a couple of years later. Statos please correct me if wrong.:cool2:

jgl07
21-11-2009, 01:56 AM
After the latest additions to the Scottish Hall of Fame does anyone else wonder about a couple of omissions-

first a player who is in the select band of players to score 100 goals in Scotland and England-the first player to score in successive Wembley cup finals-scorer of 6 goals in 17 internationals and a member of the best club forward line ever seen in Scotland

second a player who also scored 100 goals both sides of the border-is a legend at every club he played for(including Raith!)-and had the totally astonishing record of being selected for England while playing for Hibs at the age of 19.

Neither played fpor Rangers or Celtic?

NAE NOOKIE
21-11-2009, 11:21 AM
Neither played fpor Rangers or Celtic?

Thats it