PDA

View Full Version : Greggs Danny Swanson

CorrieHibs
20-11-2009, 03:03 PM
Heard a rumour that Danny Swanson is signing in January. Anyone else heard this? And thoughts?

ahibby
20-11-2009, 03:06 PM
Heard a rumour that Danny Swanson is signing in January. Anyone else heard this? And thoughts?

I heard he was signing for you know who.

HIBERNIAN-0762
20-11-2009, 03:21 PM
who's Danny Swanson?? :confused:

CorrieHibs
20-11-2009, 03:22 PM
Left winger for Dundee United. He's a mad Hibs fan as well.

JimBHibees
20-11-2009, 03:23 PM
who's Danny Swanson?? :confused:

Dundee Utd skilful wee guy good Hibby apparently

Mon Dieu4
20-11-2009, 03:24 PM
Dont think Levein would let him go on the cheap, he has said in a couple of interviews that he is one of the most talented players he has worked with :agree:

Petrie's Tache
20-11-2009, 03:26 PM
Why, when we have Galbraith?

mentalhibee
20-11-2009, 03:40 PM
Would be delighted if this happened.

Billychaotic182
20-11-2009, 04:40 PM
Would be delighted if this happened.

Galbraith is better

Marabou Stork
20-11-2009, 04:52 PM
Swanson is a far better player than Galbraith.

I've heard a couple of people mentioning that Swanson feels as if he's being he;d back by Levein at United, and that he'd like to move on.

Billychaotic182
20-11-2009, 04:56 PM

I've heard a couple of people mentioning that Swanson feels as if he's being he;d back by Levein at United, and that he'd like to move on.

I would pick Galbraith Over him every time!

Cool_Hand_Luke
20-11-2009, 04:58 PM
From what i've seen, I think i would prefer him to Arfield :agree:

jabis
20-11-2009, 05:04 PM

I'd be ;ivid if I was being he;d back too :agree:

NORTHERNHIBBY
20-11-2009, 05:26 PM

would be he;;ish.:wink:

Marabou Stork
20-11-2009, 05:34 PM

Oh f***ing he;;. Get over it. I've only misspe;;ed a word.

MSK
20-11-2009, 05:44 PM
Oh f***ing he;;. Get over it. I've only misspe;;ed a word.Jeez ..calm ;t man ...:rolleyes:

CorrieHibs
20-11-2009, 06:05 PM
Jeez ..calm ;t man ...:rolleyes:

Don't think arfield will sign anyway. Doesn't look like barr is signing if he is looking at that icelandic defender.

Hakim Sar
20-11-2009, 06:19 PM
We can't tell if Galbraith is better as we haven't seen enough of him.

.Sean.
20-11-2009, 06:22 PM
:agree:

All the same, i'd be delighted to see Swanson at the Hibs. Cracking wee player.

Dibben
20-11-2009, 06:41 PM
Haven't seen alot of Swanson, but by all accounts a cracking player. Although, i reckon his signing might have more of an impact on Benji's appearances. As Danny would be more likely to play in Deeks position, moving him back up front with Stokes. If that was the case, Galbraith would still remain on the bench, along with Benji!

Would by all accounts be a great signing and exactly the type of signing we should be making...

Plus Utd are skint...

BH.

CorrieHibs
20-11-2009, 06:48 PM
I'm not a big fan of stokes and deek up front together. Their too similar. Who would u rather have if u could only play 1 of them up front with someone else.

gackohibs
20-11-2009, 06:52 PM
Left winger for Dundee United. He's a mad Hibs fan as well.

went to school with my mate. hes a defo hibby.
fwiw, hibs actually let him go a few years ago....

jabis
20-11-2009, 06:55 PM
Oh f***ing he;;. Get over it. I've only misspe;;ed a word.

Ga;braith it is then :thumbsup:

JimBHibees
20-11-2009, 06:59 PM
From what i've seen, I think i would prefer him to Arfield :agree:

Absolutely no way is he better than Arfield IMO. Arfield is IMO a sure fire future internationalist. Swanson an impact player and not that similar to Danny G imo who is a wide player.

Hibeescott
20-11-2009, 07:04 PM

Are you sure? Im convinced Hibs have never had him. There was a report in the evening news a year or so ago about Danny saying that he had been playing for Leith and under the noses of Hibs for years but we never ever signed him cause we thought he was too small. It was levein who saw his potential

jabis
20-11-2009, 07:05 PM
Jeez ..ca;m it man ...:rolleyes:

sorted !

Ozyhibby
20-11-2009, 07:19 PM
is he out of contract or would a fee be involved? Don't think he is worth paying a fee for.

brydekirk
20-11-2009, 07:50 PM
swanson is very hard working player and would fit in to the team,442. would still like to see galbraith get more time.:thumbsup:

IWasThere2016
20-11-2009, 08:32 PM
Danny is a Hibby.

He stays near me - been in his hoose and I've met him a couple of times.

My brother and I were also sitting besides his mum and gran at 2-1 Deeks debut last season. His mum told us she used to take him to ER to see Deeks first time around.

He's not left winger. More right or in hole behind strikers in attacking mid role.

Would be a great signing IMHO and I believe the Arabs will sell a player(s) at XMas. They have £6M+ debt and with their poor crowds - and no more Thompson family funds - they can only re-pay their debts via player sales.

Dibben
20-11-2009, 08:32 PM
is he out of contract or would a fee be involved? Don't think he is worth paying a fee for.

According to this link (http://http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/d/dundee_utd/7018069.stm) he's signed to 2011 - although he appeared to sign a 3 year deal in January 2008, so he will only have 1 year left in January!!!

Potential pre-contract in the summer?

BH.

tooley
20-11-2009, 08:47 PM

:thumbsup:

silverhibee
20-11-2009, 08:48 PM
Danny is a Hibby.

My brother and I were also sitting besides his mum and gran at 2-1 Deeks debut last season. His mum told us she used to take him to ER to see Deeks first time around.

He's not left winger. More right or in hole behind strikers in attacking mid role.

Would be a great signing IMHO and I believe the Arabs will sell a player(s) at XMas. They have £6M+ debt and with their poor crowds - and no more Thompson family funds - they can only re-pay their debts via player sales.

Derek Riordan. Hibs role model. Great.:thumbsup::greengrin:notworthy:

The Harp Awakes
20-11-2009, 08:49 PM
I heard from a family friend that Danny was liklely to sign for Hibs in the Summer but it never materialised. Wouldn't be surprised to see this happen in January.

IWasThere2016
20-11-2009, 09:48 PM
Derek Riordan. Hibs role model. Great.:thumbsup::greengrin:notworthy:

Move along you :greengrin

...WentToMowAnSPL
20-11-2009, 09:57 PM
Jeez ..calm ;t man ...:rolleyes:

it's not ;ike he's going to be signed by ;iverpo;; ffs !:greengrin

18/03/07
20-11-2009, 10:42 PM
Danny is a Hibby.

I know the bits in bold are correct tqm,also know that he would jump at the chance to come to er,don't know if it would help matters that yogi knows his dad John,also i'm sure Dannys younger brother is now at DU.
He was never at hibs but i think when he was 17/18 years old we had him watched at Berwick but no move was made for him

Petrie's Tache
21-11-2009, 06:09 AM
Danny is a Hibby.

So who drops then? Zemmama? Or do we hamper Wootherspoons development in a midfiled role?

Or is Yogi anticipating people going and building for th furture with a team of young guys with a few old heads.

PS I think it is the latter.:greengrin:notworthy:

IWasThere2016
21-11-2009, 07:23 AM
I know the bits in bold are correct tqm,also know that he would jump at the chance to come to er,don't know if it would help matters that yogi knows his dad John,also i'm sure Dannys younger brother is now at DU.
He was never at hibs but i think when he was 17/18 years old we had him watched at Berwick but no move was made for him

Danny's wee bro is at the Arabs also :agree:

Danny was watched by Huns, Spurs, Man C whilst at Berwick - and although some thought him too wee - it was seen at the time as a bit of a coup for Arabs to get him.

Mikeystewart
21-11-2009, 07:25 AM

Yeah heard it was something to do with his hight, quite cheeky considering now he is probubly taller than mcann stevenson chisolm etc.

IWasThere2016
21-11-2009, 07:27 AM
Should add that I think we could get him for £50-£75k. Arabs skint and will sell player(s) come January IMHO.

Mikeystewart
21-11-2009, 07:28 AM
So who drops then? Zemmama? Or do we hamper Wootherspoons development in a midfiled role?

Or is Yogi anticipating people going and building for th furture with a team of young guys with a few old heads.

PS I think it is the latter.:greengrin:notworthy:

Why is it as soon as a potencial target is mentioned people start talking about who we drop, is it not possible for a player to come in initialy as backup and then see if he performs well enough to merit a start?

Petrie's Tache
21-11-2009, 07:30 AM
Why is it as soon as a potencial target is mentioned people start talking about who we drop, is it not possible for a player to come in initialy as backup and then see if he performs well enough to merit a start?

Hence my second line and confirmation of my view in th PS.:wink:

Petrie's Tache
21-11-2009, 07:31 AM
Should add that I think we could get him for £50-£75k. Arabs skint and will sell player(s) come January IMHO.

I'll take 2 please.:greengrin

Mikeystewart
21-11-2009, 07:43 AM
Hence my second line and confirmation of my view in th PS.:wink:

haha sorry just woke up paying to much attension to my typing and not enough to everyone elses.:dummytit:

Dashing Bob S
21-11-2009, 07:49 AM
Swanson is a great young talent, who needs games to fulfill his potential. No way is he currently in the same league as Arfield, who is already one of the best midfielders in the country.

We have quite a few Swansons of our own right now, though.

500miles
21-11-2009, 07:54 AM
I would imagine that Yogi wants someone who can inject a bit of pace into the game, probably from off the bench. While we already have Galbraith, no one else is all that quick, so Swanson may have a place in the team as that impact player.

NAE NOOKIE
21-11-2009, 09:13 AM
Would be a great signing IMO tore us to bits in a game last season.

Was chuffed when he was injured / suspended and out for their visit this season.

Tell you what. That CH they have, think his surname is Kenny or Kenneth looks a bit of a prospect. Sure he was MOM in their League Cup final against the Huns a couple of seasons ago. Gave away a daft goal but was excellent before and after that. Big lad too.

Apart from that the best thing that could happen at Utd from our point of view is if Levin takes the Scotland job :greengrin

Franck is God
21-11-2009, 10:07 AM
I could see him being the type of player Yogi would be interested in, young quick and skillful on the ball much like Zouma. Not really a winger but drifts wide on either side to get a bit of space to run at defenders.

Pretty sure I read an interview with Zemmama earlier this season where he suggested that he wants to have a really good season with Hibs so we can get a big fee for him next summer, maybe Yogi is already looking for his replacement?

Ken
21-11-2009, 11:51 AM
I hope this is true!

As I've said before, cracking player who would jump at the chance of signing for Hibs if the 2 clubs could agree it.

We're crying out for more creative players that can play off the front 2, just what we missed at Tynie when Zemmama was out.:agree:

renato
21-11-2009, 07:33 PM

Swanson would be a cracking signing, especially if we could get him for this kind of price :agree:

I'd be surprised if Zouma is still with us after the summer, and Danny would be the ideal player to replace him. Young, skillful, pacey and great potential to develop.

Shrekko
21-11-2009, 07:41 PM
I'd love to see him at ER. Kind of player you like to see in a Hibs jersey- particularly a boy that will be playing for the shirt as well.

Petrie's Tache
22-11-2009, 01:48 PM
Were both corners from him today?

Get him tapped up and signed in Jan:thumbsup::greengrin:devil:

CorrieHibs
22-11-2009, 02:07 PM
Yeh both corners from him. Excellent deliveries something we've missed this season.

Petrie's Tache
22-11-2009, 02:12 PM
That you Danny?:greengrin

CorrieHibs
22-11-2009, 02:28 PM
Lol. How did u guess just on the bus coming home.

ancient hibee
22-11-2009, 02:43 PM
Because first the club doesn't have the money to bring in many spec players and second if someone doesn't perform in the first team there's nowhere else for him to perform.

Hibs On Tour
22-11-2009, 02:55 PM
Would be a great signing IMO tore us to bits in a game last season.

Was chuffed when he was injured / suspended and out for their visit this season.

Tell you what. That CH they have, think his surname is Kenny or Kenneth looks a bit of a prospect. Sure he was MOM in their League Cup final against the Huns a couple of seasons ago. Gave away a daft goal but was excellent before and after that. Big lad too.

Apart from that the best thing that could happen at Utd from our point of view is if Levin takes the Scotland job :greengrin

Yip. He was outstanding that day, although - from memory - we were absolutely awful that day in equal measures. Had a far more entertaining time in the hospitality sitting with Lawrie Reilly [:not worth] than we did watching the actual game! Typical Mixu fare unfortunately...

We were match ball sponsors that day and I genuinely tried to have the man of the match award given to LR as I felt none of ours deserved the honour! No dice though so had to opt for Deek as he was the one out of our lot who at least looked like he was trying to create something...

From what I've seen, Swanson would be a good addition. Whether he's better than Galbraith is hard to say as Galbraith hasn't had that much game-time. As others have said though, its not just about a starting 11 - its about us growing a decent squad to cater for slotting players in and out without weakening the team...