PDA

View Full Version : NHC Jim Gannon slams McGhee

Golden Bear
20-11-2009, 12:50 PM
There's a hardly a week passes without motormouth McGhee upsetting someone. It seems to me that Mcghee is trying to divert attention away from his current lack of success by either winding up all and sundry or inventing feeble excuses for the poor performances of his own team.

In this instance, I entirely agree with Jim Gannon.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/a/aberdeen/8358844.stm

GreenPJ
20-11-2009, 12:59 PM
I think Gannon has been very impressive since he came to Scotland. He had a squad that was decimated and a very bad first result but has come through that made some good signings and encouraged good football.

His response here is also very dignified really, he is not accusing McGhee outright but making it clear that he won't tolerate undercover shenanigans.

Can only be good for Scottish football to have someone like this managing one of the SPL clubs.

Keith_M
20-11-2009, 01:32 PM
I have to admit, after reading his comments, he comes across as a sound guy.

Especially as he condemned the (apparently) over the top abuse of McGhee by 'Well fans at their last game.

_hucks_
20-11-2009, 01:35 PM
Whilst absolutely delighted we got yogi (and even moreso looking at what he's done since he came to the club), I've always said I'd have been happy if we'd got Gannon - never heard an unreasonable comment from him.

IWasThere2016
20-11-2009, 01:36 PM
Well said Gannon .. McGhee's a tit :agree:

sambajustice
20-11-2009, 01:38 PM
I wish Stone Cold Steve Austin would slam McGhee as well! Dour faced pr1ck!

Craig_in_Prague
20-11-2009, 01:50 PM
He's on BBC Radio Scotland quite a lot too, and always comes across very well and is very fair, though honest as well.

As others said, a welcome addition to the SPL (even though we missed the boat on that one)

O'Rourke3
20-11-2009, 04:48 PM
I didn't bother to read or listen to the article but any thread that suggests McGhee is an erse, I'm in full agreement :greengrin

Hibbyradge
20-11-2009, 04:54 PM
"It's no big issue, hopefully it's a good game and hopefully we can share a drink and talk about the positives."

If that's Gannon slamming McGhee...

NORTHERNHIBBY
20-11-2009, 06:23 PM
I think that McEgo is trying everything he can just now to try and get his side an advantage. Jimmy Sunbed was very publicly emptied as he was deemed to have underachieved with the resources at hand, but MM has them nose-diving with much the same. If they get stuffed by 'Well, you won't need a crystal ball to see his future.:bye:

sunshine1875
21-11-2009, 08:22 AM
From the Scotsman's website:

"When I was asked about Jim O'Brien I was very, very careful not to transgress any rules," he said. "I have certainly done nothing that I have to be embarrassed about or answer for."

http://sport.scotsman.com/sport/McGhee-not-sorry-over-his.5845806.jp

What a :asshole:

johnrebus
21-11-2009, 11:05 AM
Still waiting for the Sheep to be investigated following Miller and McGhoo's comments after the game at ER three weeks ago.

Or have they got away with it ?

:dunno:

MountcastleHibs
21-11-2009, 11:18 AM
Welll said Jim Gannon. Hopefully that shuts the t*** up for a while. No doubt he'll be spouting his mouth on the radio today though.

Hakim Sar
21-11-2009, 11:23 AM
Let's face it Aberdeen were only ever going to hold mcghee and calderwood back from getting the man u job from ferguson....

yeah right

Silly weegie sheep converts

blackhibee
21-11-2009, 02:37 PM
I think Gannon has been very impressive since he came to Scotland. He had a squad that was decimated and a very bad first result but has come through that made some good signings and encouraged good football.

His response here is also very dignified really, he is not accusing McGhee outright but making it clear that he won't tolerate undercover shenanigans.

Can only be good for Scottish football to have someone like this managing one of the SPL clubs.

Totally agree with this. Even though Yogi is doing a great job at Hibs, and like others I'm glad we got him, Gannon, to me, is a thorough professional who researches everything in detail and most of the time has his team well prepared, considering the limitations he has to work with. He also comes across as a very honest man, and calls a game as he sees it. Good manager.