PDA

View Full Version : Greggs Callum booth

hibby4ever
20-11-2009, 11:21 AM
JUST BEEN SPEAKING TO CALLUM BOOTHS MUM AND SHE SAID CALLUM IS GOING TO BE ASKING TO GO OUT ON LOAN AT XMAS AS HE IS VERY FRUSTRATED AT BEING STUCK WITH THE YOUNG ONES

ALSO GOT TOLD THAT HE HATES JOHN FLECK AS HE STRUTS ABOUT LIKE HE OWNS THE PLACE AND GLOATS ABOUT GETTING £5000 A WEEK :grr:(NO WONDER RANGERS ARE IN TROUBLE PAYING A WEE MUPPET LIKE THAT £5000 A WEEK)

ALSO CRAIG THOMSON OF HEARTS IS ON £1200 A WEEK

I DO REALLY HOPE THAT CALLUM MAKES IT AT HIBS

matty_f
20-11-2009, 11:28 AM
JUST BEEN SPEAKING TO CALLUM BOOTHS MUM AND SHE SAID CALLUM IS GOING TO BE ASKING TO GO OUT ON LOAN AT XMAS AS HE IS VERY FRUSTRATED AT BEING STUCK WITH THE YOUNG ONES

ALSO GOT TOLD THAT HE HATES JOHN FLECK AS HE STRUTS ABOUT LIKE HE OWNS THE PLACE AND GLOATS ABOUT GETTING £5000 A WEEK :grr:(NO WONDER RANGERS ARE IN TROUBLE PAYING A WEE MUPPET LIKE THAT £5000 A WEEK)

I'd say that there's a 99-100% chance of this entire post being pish.

scoopyboy
20-11-2009, 11:29 AM

At least he is getting competative football.

Sean Welsh and Lee Currie to name but two are having to make do with occasional bounce games.

Callum has a great chance of making it but like the under 19 team is not playing as well as last season.

Craig_in_Prague
20-11-2009, 11:35 AM
Stuck with the young ones? Is he not like 16, max 17?

His time will come. Yogi is well aware of him, he mentioned Booth in one of his very 1st interviews.

Ed De Gramo
20-11-2009, 11:40 AM

The button on the left hand side of your keyboard is Caps lock :wink:

NRW_Hibbie
20-11-2009, 11:48 AM
Saw him play against Germany U19s on Wednesday night. He looked excellent - a real prospect.

matty_f
20-11-2009, 12:09 PM
Saw him play against Germany U19s on Wednesday night. He looked excellent - a real prospect.

:agree: He's a cracking player.

Danderhall Hibs
20-11-2009, 12:17 PM

Including Fleck being paid £5k per week.

matty_f
20-11-2009, 12:18 PM
Including Fleck being paid £5k per week.

The only bit of doubt I had was whether or not the boy wants Booth to be a success at Hibs. Take that sentence out and I'm putting it down as 100% pish.

PISTOL1875
20-11-2009, 12:47 PM

I feel like I am being shouted at for some reason....

Tricla
20-11-2009, 01:10 PM
The only bit of doubt I had was whether or not the boy wants Booth to be a success at Hibs. Take that sentence out and I'm putting it down as 100% pish.

:greengrin

IWasThere2016
20-11-2009, 01:11 PM

:agree: He's a cracking player.

:agree:

millarco
20-11-2009, 01:29 PM

It's not that improbable. Booth wants to progress having been a stand-out at u19s last season, and the best way to do that at the moment is out on loan. IIRC Hanlon was in the first team at 17/18, and by the sound of things Booth is a better prospect, at least at left-back.

Fleck had a good few clubs after him when he signed for Rangers; think they provided housing arrangements and things for him. It wouldn't surprise me if he was on something near that, especially as the contract was probably signed a year or two ago and could have included a periodical wage-rise. He also strikes me as a bit of a ned, so the gloating etc doesn't seem out of character.

Same with Hearts, Thompson was probably too young when they handed out the large long-term contracts to the likes of Pelosi and Sives, but is it that surprising that Hearts are paying big wages?

matty_f
20-11-2009, 01:34 PM
It's not that improbable. Booth wants to progress having been a stand-out at u19s last season, and the best way to do that at the moment is out on loan. IIRC Hanlon was in the first team at 17/18, and by the sound of things Booth is a better prospect, at least at left-back.

Fleck had a good few clubs after him when he signed for Rangers; think they provided housing arrangements and things for him. It wouldn't surprise me if he was on something near that, especially as the contract was probably signed a year or two ago and could have included a periodical wage-rise. He also strikes me as a bit of a ned, so the gloating etc doesn't seem out of character.

Same with Hearts, Thompson was probably too young when they handed out the large long-term contracts to the likes of Pelosi and Sives, but is it that surprising that Hearts are paying big wages?

First point - I don't know about you, but I see a wee bit of the 19s, and have done since the start of last season. Callum's attitude is first rate, he conducts himself fantastically well, and is getting all the development he needs exactly where he is. Callum knows this as much as anyone.

Fleck is a youth player that's at the fringes of the first team at Ibrox. Rangers are skint and there is no way they are offering wages as big as that to their young fringe players, IMHO.

As for Thomson, the Yams are more skint than Tam Skint, from number 1 Skint Avenue, Skintsville. Their youth players will likely be on less than ours.

hibees59
20-11-2009, 01:42 PM
First point - I don't know about you, but I see a wee bit of the 19s, and have done since the start of last season. Callum's attitude is first rate, he conducts himself fantastically well, and is getting all the development he needs exactly where he is. Callum knows this as much as anyone.

Fleck is a youth player that's at the fringes of the first team at Ibrox. Rangers are skint and there is no way they are offering wages as big as that to their young fringe players, IMHO.

As for Thomson, the Yams are more skint than Tam Skint, from number 1 Skint Avenue, Skintsville. Their youth players will likely be on less than ours.

Tam's a good Hibby :wink:

matty_f
20-11-2009, 01:43 PM
[/B]

Tam's a good Hibby :wink:

:agree: Know him well.:greengrin

scoopyboy
20-11-2009, 01:56 PM

Disagree with you on that one Matty.

My info is that they are on considerably more than our equivalents.

They can't afford to pay their laddies that but they do nevertheless.

Thomson and Glen between them will be around £3k a week.

millarco
20-11-2009, 02:01 PM

I know you catch a lot of the 19s, definately more than me. And I certainly wasn't calling into question Booth's attitude, if anything I'd be pleased that he was wanting to develop further. I don't doubt that he'll be well looked after with the 19s, especially if he's one of the ones that Yogi was including in his increased training programme, but maybe a bit of first-team exposure would be good for his progression. If he waits then I'm sure he'll be happy enough, but it certainly wouldn't be a concern if he was wanting to get a bit of experience in the lower leagues.

Rangers are obviously in financial difficulty, but it wasn't quite so bad a year or two ago when Fleck signed his contract. Rangers were fighting off some of the biggest clubs in Europe apparently, and probably saw him as a potential profit-maker. Besides, it's one thing for Fleck to say he's on that, and another for it to be the truth.

Same with Thompson; Hearts were paying their youngsters the likes of £1200+ not long after Romanov came in. Their skint without a doubt, but it's not like they take much notice of it.

Either way, it would be quite a random one for the OP to make up.

IWasThere2016
20-11-2009, 02:23 PM
Disagree with you on that one Matty.

My info is that they are on considerably more than our equivalents.

They can't afford to pay their laddies that but they do nevertheless.

Thomson and Glen between them will be around £3k a week.

Yup - silly money fae top tae bottom! :greengrin

aljo7-0
20-11-2009, 02:47 PM
Yup - silly fae top tae bottom! :greengrin
Corrected that for you :greengrin

hibby4ever
20-11-2009, 04:30 PM
you can all say it is s***e if you want but why the hell would i lie about this you all carry on like i have said that ronaldo is going to sign most of you on here really need to get a life ****** you are not allowed to say anything but all the muppets on here need to fu****g vet it and then say its crap

i dont post sh**e or make up storys

Petrie's Tache
20-11-2009, 04:38 PM
:bye:

matty_f
20-11-2009, 04:49 PM
you can all say it is s***e if you want but why the hell would i lie about this you all carry on like i have said that ronaldo is going to sign most of you on here really need to get a life ****** you are not allowed to say anything but all the muppets on here need to fu****g vet it and then say its crap

If I was wrong the last time, I'm sorry.

I would say that there's a good chance that between 99 and 100% of this post is pure rage, though.:greengrin

CropleyWasGod
20-11-2009, 04:51 PM

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand punctuate.

NORTHERNHIBBY
20-11-2009, 05:11 PM
If I was wrong the last time, I'm sorry.

I would say that there's a good chance that between 99 and 100% of this post is pure rage, though.:greengrin

I'll see that 100% and raise it to 110% pish. In fact, it has sent the pish-o-meter into meltown.:agree:

MSK
20-11-2009, 05:27 PM

i dont post sh**e or make up storysHere ..5216..

1987green
20-11-2009, 05:33 PM
Booths problem is he can't header a ball a basic need in defending. He is only 17 but Hanlon is much better prospect. As for the rat Fleck I have heard a lot of stories about him swanning around Scotland training camps giving it the big I am and I'm on this a week much the same as Sparky is doing at Dundee Am on a grand a week and all that ******. Theese young players get far too much money to quickly and hink they have made it loose the huger and desire then blow it. Rankgers pay their youth players a bsic of £800 a week so the money being touted for Fleck being on will not be far from the truth. The **** in *********** do pay a lot more than us that's why they're *****ed and we are going from strength to strength

:notworthy:

Toaods
20-11-2009, 05:33 PM
I've no reason to doubt the OP.

nothing wrong if the laddie is a bit fed up and itching for a taste of the big time, so with no likelyhood of him getting in to the current first team here and he wants to ask to go out on loan, he's quite entitled to do so.

That's not the green light to assume he will be allowed to do so but either way, it's up to us.....:cool2:

scoopyboy
20-11-2009, 06:08 PM

inothing wrong if the laddie is a bit fed up and itching for a taste of the big time, so with no likelyhood of him getting in to the current first team here and he wants to ask to go out on loan, he's quite entitled to do so.

That's not the green light to assume he will be allowed to do so but either way, it's up to us.....:cool2:

He isn't ready to go on loan and I doubt very much whether Hibs will let him go. He still has plenty of scope to improve within the 19s, especially the defensive side of his game.

I think Currie, Welsh, Flynn and maybe one or two fringe players may however want to go on loan .

WindyMiller
20-11-2009, 06:11 PM

inothing wrong if the laddie is a bit fed up and itching for a taste of the big time, so with no likelyhood of him getting in to the current first team here and he wants to ask to go out on loan, he's quite entitled to do so.

As he's still U19 should he not stay till the end of the season?
I haven't seen too much of him this season, but in the games I saw he wasn't exactly standing out from the rest.

.Sean.
20-11-2009, 06:28 PM
I'll have a chat with Callum as he's a friend of mine. I'd be very surprised if the OP's claims of Boothy getting itchy feet are true, he is enjoying his time playing for the team he supports, albeit at U19 level at this particular momen. He's in the best of hands and i'm positive he knows it.

He certainly has the utmost respect for Yogi, and there is not a chance he will be knocking at his door looking for a loan.

Badge
20-11-2009, 06:33 PM
I'll have a chat with Callum as he's a friend of mine. I'd be very surprised if the OP's claims of Boothy getting itchy feet are true, he is enjoying his time playing for the team he supports, albeit at U19 level at this particular momen. He's in the best of hands and i'm positive he knows it.

He certainly has the utmost respect for Yogi, and there is not a chance he will be knocking at his door looking for a loan.

That's good to hear. Saw about a dozen of the 19s games last season and was impressed with him. Think he has a bright future.

.Sean.
20-11-2009, 06:35 PM
That's good to hear. Saw about a dozen of the 19s games last season and was impressed with him. Think he has a bright future.
He'll certainly make it, and i know he'd love to play first tam football for us.

Given a run of games, he wouldn't dissapoint.

.Sean.
21-11-2009, 09:45 AM
I now know the OP's claims to be complete pish.

LTYF :greengrin

steakbake
21-11-2009, 09:54 AM

One of the best rants I've seen posted on h.net for ages.

I particularly liked the "i dont post sh**e" bit. It was a really good twist right at the end. :top marks

.Sean.
21-11-2009, 09:58 AM
One of the best rants I've seen posted on h.net for ages.

I particularly liked the "i dont post sh**e" bit. It was a really good twist right at the end. :top marks
He quite clearly does post pish.

:top marksfor trying.

Not

the_ginger_hibee
01-02-2010, 06:32 PM
:greengrin:greengrin

Just like the fishman!