PDA

View Full Version : are hibs now being noticed in europe by other teams supporters!

Lmc2105
20-11-2009, 11:05 AM
Hi, Guys

i thought i would bring this up as i think it could be very good for the club,

i have had 2 recent emails over the last few month's from 2 men that support european club's
1 from Germany who supports Borrusia Dortmund
1 from Italy who supports Bologna

they have asked about the history of the club and what we have achived and how the team are playing, they are both Presidents at there own supporters clubs and have recently been over to see the hibs in action

they have invited us well our supporters clubs with an affilitaion with there's which i think is great and they have said there members are very intrested in sharing links from edinburgh to Dortmund and Bologna
so i would like to see any other supporters club like (milton mowbray Carlton East Lothian Leith Bus or any other person who would maybe be up with bring these supporters clubs closer )

just wanted to see what your thought's were or any ideas we could have to make this succesful :thumbsup:

Hibees reunited but european style!! :notworthy::wink:

hibbie02
20-11-2009, 11:19 AM
Eh? :confused:

poolman
20-11-2009, 11:43 AM
Hi, Guys

i have had 2 recent emails over the last few month's from 2 men that support european club's

they have asked about the history of the club and what we have achived and how the team are playing, they are both Presidents at there own supporters clubs and have recently been over to see the hibs in action

they have invited us well our supporters clubs with an affilitaion with there's which i think is great and they have said there members are very intrested in sharing links from edinburgh to Dortmund and Bologna
so i would like to see any other supporters club like (milton mowbray Carlton East Lothian Leith Bus or any other person who would maybe be up with bring these supporters clubs closer )

just wanted to see what your thought's were or any ideas we could have to make this succesful :thumbsup:

English please :wink:

Lmc2105
20-11-2009, 11:51 AM
English please :wink:

Basically ...

they have asked us if there could be more ways in which we can get involved with there club and them threw our club like a link up, the lad from Bologna Already has a joint flag he takes to the games with our crest on it,

just looking for ways that maybe be can bring the supporters club closer and also get our supporters and Supporters club's involved with this

hope that makes sense probably won't though :wink:

Billy
20-11-2009, 11:57 AM
Hi, Guys

During the summer when we were conducting the stadium tours, we had numerous people from The Netherlands, Germany, England, Canada, USA and Italy.

The latter was an Italian sports writer who also fronts a TV show in his country...so is well known. During the tour he wrote loads down about Hibernian and asked loads of questions about our youth system.

On a side note, whilst a Celtic Park a few years ago, I was talking to a Japanese newspaper reporter who was over covering Nakamura's time in Scotland. When I started to talk about Hibernian's involvement with Celtic at the start, she took notes from what I was saying and I'm lead to believe that she wrote about Hibernian and added my comments and name in her national newspaper.

It's always worth spreading the name Hibernian...worldwide :notworthy:

Lmc2105
20-11-2009, 12:05 PM
During the summer when we were conducting the stadium tours, we had numerous people from The Netherlands, Germany, England, Canada, USA and Italy.

The latter was an Italian sports writer who also fronts a TV show in his country...so is well known. During the tour he wrote loads down about Hibernian and asked loads of questions about our youth system.

On a side note, whilst a Celtic Park a few years ago, I was talking to a Japanese newspaper reporter who was over covering Nakamura's time in Scotland. When I started to talk about Hibernian's involvement with Celtic at the start, she took notes from what I was saying and I'm lead to believe that she wrote about Hibernian and added my comments and name in her national newspaper.

It's always worth spreading the name Hibernian...worldwide :notworthy:

they did mention about being on the Stadium tours and yes like you said asked a lot about our youth system,

ino they both also went to watch hearts and they both said there was no comparison on which team made them feel most welcome,

they said that the east stand is fantastic for atmosphere and when people noticed that they didn't come from here they were welcomed and it felt like a family enviroment

while over at doom and gloom
they said they felt like an outsider and they stadium was just a shallow pit :faf: owell proves to me that we are a club that people like from overseas and now want to be apart of

as you said spreading the name of Hibernian fc :thumbsup:

Big_D
20-11-2009, 12:08 PM
Do the stadium tours still happen ?

Billy
20-11-2009, 12:12 PM
Do the stadium tours still happen ?

There are no stadium tours at present. Hopefully there will be more at a later date.

matty_f
20-11-2009, 12:17 PM
Hi, Guys

Tell them to get their foreign fingers oot and get tickets for the Falkirk game next week :notworthy: then get them added to the :notworthy: facebook page.

:greengrin

Lmc2105
20-11-2009, 01:47 PM
Tell them to get their foreign fingers oot and get tickets for the Falkirk game next week :notworthy: then get them added to the :notworthy: facebook page.

haha good shout!!!

i will see if they are both up for it!:thumbsup:

Barney McGrew
20-11-2009, 04:08 PM
I met up (along with some other posters on here) with a group of Norwegians after one of the derbies last year. They travel around europe when they have a spare weekend and visit different countries to take in matches, and have been over here a few times to watch Hibs.

They were good lads and planned to come back over again this season.

Phil D. Rolls
20-11-2009, 04:17 PM
Whatever happened to our contact with the Gromingen supporters?

Billy
20-11-2009, 07:02 PM
Whatever happened to our contact with the Gromingen supporters?

Saw a couple of lads with a Gronnigen flag behind me at Tynecastle the other week. :thumbsup:

Sloppy
20-11-2009, 07:11 PM

link?

SmithyHibee
20-11-2009, 07:46 PM
Was in Dortmund this Easter and was sporting my Hibs top, some fans they've got by the way! :top marks

Lmc2105
20-11-2009, 07:54 PM
Was in Dortmund this Easter and was sporting my Hibs top, some fans they've got by the way! :top marks

yeah the guy said that Dortmund supporters liked hibs but he wasn't 100% sure why he just liked us by visiting edinburgh and finding out for himself

av been invited over to both italy and germany so defo going to do that at some point :thumbsup:

ancient hibee
20-11-2009, 07:57 PM
Does anyone else feel that when you read some of these posts that life as we know it has come to an end or is one just feeling slightly jaded after a Friday afternoon in the pub?

givescotlandfreedom
20-11-2009, 09:00 PM
It's nice to see us get some interest from abroad. I'll be bringing 5 Cologne supporters next week, I'm sure they could get on well with the Dortmunders passing on their mutual love for Schalke :greengrin :wink:

hibs0666
20-11-2009, 09:22 PM
Does anyone else feel that when you read some of these posts that life as we know it has come to an end or is one just feeling slightly jaded after a Friday afternoon in the pub?

nope.

GC
20-11-2009, 11:51 PM

I feel the jadedness, I really do.

CalgaryHibs
21-11-2009, 04:08 AM
Hi, Guys

EH ??:confused:

Shirley this is wind up ???:confused:

Septimus
21-11-2009, 07:25 AM

Education as we knew it certainly appears to have come to an end. On the other hand there is hope for Esperanto after all.

Lmc2105
21-11-2009, 09:11 AM
EH ??:confused:

Shirley this is wind up ???:confused:

and how's it a wind up likes?:confused:

BT58
21-11-2009, 10:06 AM
did we not sign murdo macleod from dortmund????
maybe theres a link there??????
might be wrong tho
hb

vein
21-11-2009, 10:11 AM
I met up (along with some other posters on here) with a group of Norwegians after one of the derbies last year. They travel around europe when they have a spare weekend and visit different countries to take in matches, and have been over here a few times to watch Hibs.

They were good lads and planned to come back over again this season.

:agree: They were good lads.

I sent one of them on details of the Scandinavian Hibs Supporters club. His reply in his words was, "We had an insane night out, and Hibs and their supporters is definetly a part of our life now. CanŽt wait to come back. In the meantime, IŽll check out the Scandinavian supporters club."

Mon the Hibs :thumbsup:

NAE NOOKIE
21-11-2009, 10:16 AM
The best way for Hibs to get noticed in Europe is to qualify for the Europa League though eh ?

:cool2:

jakki
21-11-2009, 11:10 AM
It's nice to see us get some interest from abroad. I'll be bringing 5 Cologne supporters next week, I'm sure they could get on well with the Dortmunders passing on their mutual love for Schalke :greengrin :wink:

When I lived in Cologne '69 & '70 I went to their games wearing my Hibs scarf. It caused a wee bit of interest.

Phil D. Rolls
21-11-2009, 12:08 PM
Education as we knew it certainly appears to have come to an end. On the other hand there is hope for Esperanto after all.

LOL! Its easy for use old 1's 2 slag the kid's off, but use cant al-ways be right with the thing's u spel. Az long as other dude's no wot wear say-ing it is not an iss-ue!! :grr:

Wen do I get my 15 minute's??? :confused::greengrin LOL!

givescotlandfreedom
21-11-2009, 07:25 PM
When I lived in Cologne '69 & '70 I went to their games wearing my Hibs scarf. It caused a wee bit of interest.

One of them already was a Hibee, he went to see us when visiting Edinburgh and became a fan. I met him watching Hibs games in a pub in Cologne when I lived in Germany. Koelle Alaaf! :thumbsup:

Russian Hibs Fan
21-11-2009, 07:27 PM
:notworthy:

Sweep
21-11-2009, 11:14 PM
I met some guys from sweden (gothenburg) at the derby, they said it was their 5th time over watching hibs. They were really cool hope i bump into them again.