PDA

View Full Version : Paisley on a Wet Saturday.

Dashing Bob S
20-11-2009, 11:50 AM
...If you're watching the Hibees.

May be stopping over with some friends in Renfrewshire.

Bars? Restaurants? Culture?

Do tell.

WindyMiller
20-11-2009, 12:12 PM

Do tell.

In Paisley?
Try the local yoghurt factory.

Sergey
20-11-2009, 12:28 PM
There's some pretty fine tucker to be had here, Bob.

Uplawmoor Hotel (http://www.uplawmoor.co.uk/home.asp)

hibeemarley
20-11-2009, 12:54 PM
In Paisley?
Try the local yoghurt factory.

Haha Classic, :faf: sounds like something frankie boyle would say

wandering_hibby
20-11-2009, 12:57 PM
Have been born and raised in Paisley there are very few redeeming qualities to it.

Uplawmoor hotel is a good shout but a bit out the way. In the centre Last Post and The Wallace have cheap meals but they're a bit minging, Hamish's Hoose is nice wee pub, Wig and Pen is probably nearest pub to the ground now. Kilty Kilty and the bull inn on New street are fine establishments. Cafuffles is Paisley's answer to Buffallo Joes and is rather horiffic.

The christmas lights look nice and there are plenty of bookies and pound shops...

Keith_M
20-11-2009, 01:25 PM
The last time I was in Paisley, there were some rather nice young ladies wandering around the pedestrian precinct advertising a lingerie shop, while (un?)dressed in some of it's finest attire.

In light of that, I won't have a word said against the town.. :wink:

p.s. If my girlfriend's reading this, I hardly noticed them at all, honestly.....

.....ouch.

p.p.s. La Senza, that's what it was called. Ouch, ouch, honestly dear, I hardly noticed! Ouch......

Spike Mandela
20-11-2009, 02:45 PM
Any chance of the new pitch being waterlogged on Saturday?

lobster
20-11-2009, 02:53 PM

Do tell.

In a cluster in New Street Paisley are Raeburns for quality scran, Paddy Malarkeys, or the Bull Inn for really good pints.
Otherwise abandon hope all ye who enter...:wink:

Dashing Bob S
20-11-2009, 03:20 PM

Liking the cut of your jib, Sergey. Could be worth a diversion.

Thank you to all for the 'heads-up'. (Apos to Corrie Greens - see thread on Dug Out.)

Col2
20-11-2009, 03:29 PM

Quality place, food is excellent. A little out the way in terms of bring near the ground. We recently tried to get the hotel for wedding but it's a bit small and they won't give us exclusive.

Col2
20-11-2009, 03:31 PM
Any chance of the new pitch being waterlogged on Saturday?

Not sure but 30 mph winds expected. Add in driving rain and it might not be a fun afternoon.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
20-11-2009, 09:04 PM

Do tell.

Park the Bristol in Bearsden Bob, Lunch at La Brevard? (if it's still there) and hail a Joe Baxi. Best to avoid those unseemly coves. :agree:

Phil D. Rolls
21-11-2009, 12:47 PM
The last time I was in Paisley, there were some rather nice young ladies wandering around the pedestrian precinct advertising a lingerie shop, while (un?)dressed in some of it's finest attire.

In light of that, I won't have a word said against the town.. :wink:

p.s. If my girlfriend's reading this, I hardly noticed them at all, honestly.....

.....ouch.

p.p.s. La Senza, that's what it was called. Ouch, ouch, honestly dear, I hardly noticed! Ouch......

What time of night were these ladies wandering around the precinct? I am concerned that you might have misunderstood what they were selling (as is your girlfriend).

erskine-hibby
21-11-2009, 01:08 PM
It's pishin it doon at the mo:rolleyes:

VegasHibby
21-11-2009, 06:14 PM

Do tell.

Culture ? in Paisley ?.........

Russian Hibs Fan
21-11-2009, 08:25 PM
I watched Hibs in the January of 2008 in a wet and freezing conditions. It wasn`t so good, especially because we have lost. It looked from the bus that it wasn`t Paisley (different town), it looked like it was Glasgow. :confused: