PDA

View Full Version : Yams Cheap tickets

Ozyhibby
19-11-2009, 08:20 PM
Only £10 entry to the PBS at the end of December V Motherwell.
Anyone tempted? Thought not.:greengrin
Nice to see them rewarding the loyalty of their season ticket holders.

Col2
19-11-2009, 08:45 PM

Incredible even by yams standards. Less than a third of the way through current season and they are discounting home games. And.... not just any game, a semi attractive game against Well and at a time when traditionally attendances are strong due to festive period. They must be desperate for cash, really desperate.

Last week they were offering two free tickets for sat St Johnstone game if you bought a home strip.

matty_f
19-11-2009, 09:17 PM
Incredible even by yams standards. Less than a third of the way through current season and they are discounting home games. And.... not just any game, a semi attractive game against Well and at a time when traditionally attendances are strong due to festive period. They must be desperate for cash, really desperate.

Last week they were offering two free tickets for sat St Johnstone game if you bought a home strip.

On the one hand I'm thinking it's a cracking gesture from the Yams - football's really expensive these days, so it's good that they're taking the initiative and dropping prices.

However, they're clearly not doing it for the good of the paying public, they're desperate to scrape any cash that they can together and it's yet another sign that they are in soapy bubble.:thumbsup:

poolman
20-11-2009, 07:24 AM
On the one hand I'm thinking it's a cracking gesture from the Yams - football's really expensive these days, so it's good that they're taking the initiative and dropping prices.

However, they're clearly not doing it for the good of the paying public, they're desperate to scrape any cash that they can together and it's yet another sign that they are in soapy bubble.:thumbsup:

Canny wait to see what this pile o keek is :greengrin

http://www.heartsfc.premiumtv.co.uk/articles/erm-lets-just-call-this-a-tip-off-20091119_2241384_1880133

Leithenhibby
20-11-2009, 07:42 AM

It's a fair point that you make, but I've just purchased a half season ticket for myself and my boys..and it works out around £9.55 per game for the three of us.

We are all trying to generate cash and the Yams are no different from any other business :wink: Well perhaps a wee bit...:cool2:

Barney McGrew
20-11-2009, 08:05 AM

It'll no doubt be another cash only jumble sale at the church on Gorgie Road

robinp
20-11-2009, 08:11 AM
It'll no doubt be another cash only jumble sale at the church on Gorgie Road

They say that "And when we mean special, we mean very special!", if you can't trust them after that statement then you'll never trust them. This is the Hearts who once said "this is what a proper planning application looks like" and we know how that turned........... oh wait .......... Jumble sale it is. :dizzy:

gilliecabbage
20-11-2009, 08:15 AM
i think thats a great price for a football game.maybe a drop in a few pound will get an extra couple of hundred through the gate.were pretty lucky our seasons going well but it will go tits up soon.its the hibs way:rolleyes:

marinello59
20-11-2009, 08:17 AM
i think thats a great price for a football game.maybe a drop in a few pound will get an extra couple of hundred through the gate.were pretty lucky our seasons going well but it will go tits up soon.its the hibs way:rolleyes:

If you dropped the prices across the board by a few pound you would have to attract more much more than a few hundred to make it pay. Hearts action just doesn't make sense on any level whatsoever.

Dashing Bob S
20-11-2009, 08:21 AM
Good move by Hearts and sensible economics. If they can temp back just 10% of the missing 388,000, that's £10 x 38,800, which is £388,000 for one game.

If Nade and Kingston are on £15,000 per week, that means at £360,000 they'd be able to pay both those superstar's wages FOR A YEAR FROM ONE GAMES GATE RECEIPTS!! And still have twenty odd grand for Christmas party booze and be able to chuck a few quid at those scabby, ungrateful den mothers, who should be honoured to serve such a fine institution as Heart of Midlothian FC.

In fact, given HMFC's exemplary war record, there might be a case for trying those complaining den vixens (sounds like a Russ Mayer film) with treason, but that's beyond the scope of this thread.

poolman
23-11-2009, 01:16 PM

http://www.heartsfc.premiumtv.co.uk/articles/erm-lets-just-call-this-a-tip-off-20091119_2241384_1880133

I'ts astonishing they say :greengrin

http://www.heartsfc.premiumtv.co.uk/articles/best-ever-pre-christmas-retail-offer-20091122_2242484_1878795

robinp
23-11-2009, 01:28 PM

http://www.heartsfc.premiumtv.co.uk/articles/best-ever-pre-christmas-retail-offer-20091122_2242484_1878795

Hearts are now a club with it roots firmly on the streets of Brixton:

Let's just call it ultra generous but Hearts is offering supporters the opportunity to enjoy the happiest of Christmases with another winter-warming offer!

:faf:

Part/Time Supporter
23-11-2009, 01:32 PM
Hearts are now a club with it roots firmly on the streets of Brixton:

Let's just call it ultra generous but Hearts is offering supporters the opportunity to enjoy the happiest of Christmases with another winter-warming offer!

:faf:

Hearts is a singular entity (HOMFC), therefore the use of "is" is more appropriate than the use of "are". If it was a joint Hibs/Hearts offer then are would be appropriate, ie "Hibs and Hearts are offering", rather than "Hibs and Hearts is offering"

:dizzy:

HibeeB
23-11-2009, 02:15 PM

Wot.

No free tickets to the PBS :yawn:

CorrieHibs
23-11-2009, 02:22 PM

I wondered how they had a good attendance on sat with nearly 14k. They'll do anything.

Hibbyradge
23-11-2009, 02:48 PM
Vlad is squeezing every last penny he can out of them before he finally performs the coup de grace.

EskbankHibby
23-11-2009, 03:11 PM

Christophe Berra still on their website modelling those tops in a 'new' tv ad in that link, when did he leave again? Last January was it?

Can't even afford to update the website, paupers.

Golden Bear
23-11-2009, 04:29 PM
I could be wrong - but did Motherwell not drop their prices for the visit of the huge mighty really ginormous big team last season?

I think that this could be some sort of reciprocal ageement which the hawrts are duty bound to offer.

oregonhibby
23-11-2009, 06:23 PM
Sign of desperation and cash flow problems. Cash at all costs to keep the wolves at bay.

Dashing Bob S
23-11-2009, 06:40 PM
Fair to say the Yams are providing a decent chuckle tonight.

matty_f
23-11-2009, 06:46 PM
Fair to say the Yams are providing a decent chuckle this season, again.

Amended that a wee bit, DBS. Hope you don't mind.:greengrin

Dashing Bob S
23-11-2009, 06:50 PM
Amended that a wee bit, DBS. Hope you don't mind.:greengrin

Not at all, far more accurate. What would we do without them?

Sadly, doubt it'll be that long before we find out.