PDA

View Full Version : Greggs New Icelandic Centre Half for Hibs?

Future17
19-11-2009, 01:57 PM
Sorry if posted before, Yogi apparently gave this guy a trial in the closed-door game against Hamilton at East Mains.

http://www.hibernian-mad.co.uk/news/loadnews.asp?cid=TMNW&id=473088

MacBean
19-11-2009, 02:02 PM
posted earlier on here to but OP was told pretty politely that it was to be "kept quiet" because hibs don't want it getting out and he deleted the thread. Not saying you have to or should but it has been mentioned.

If the is news abroad then it will be picked up eventually over here!

mjhibby
19-11-2009, 02:05 PM
Is that us presuming bamba is away there.Or maybe hogg to doncaster as i heard in the pub last weekend.Dont you just love rumours.

Hibs7
19-11-2009, 03:12 PM
Not Hibs Class :wink:

greenlex
19-11-2009, 03:18 PM
Shuggie Edvalson?

hibeeleicester
19-11-2009, 03:20 PM
ONLY 2 CAPS!!!

Not hibs class :greengrin

hibbie02
19-11-2009, 03:22 PM
posted earlier on here to but OP was told pretty politely that it was to be "kept quiet" because hibs don't want it getting out and he deleted the thread. Not saying you have to or should but it has been mentioned.

If it is the news abroad then it will be picked up eventually over here!

I don't think he took the hint...................:rolleyes:

Hibee87
19-11-2009, 04:01 PM
I don't think he took the hint...................:rolleyes:

Dont think it matters now if Hibee-Mad and icelandic newpapers are reporting this :notworthy:

.Sean.
19-11-2009, 04:18 PM
Sounds lkie exactly what we need, a big, commanding centre half, but I hope it's to compliment the current squad and not a sign that the Sol man is away in January:worried:

ahibby
19-11-2009, 04:24 PM
We will probably need cover for Sol when he is away in the Africa cup no? Also we might have to rest that knee of his at times and cover would be useful. Or maybe the bust up story tween him and Yogi is more potent than I thought.

Baldy Foghorn
19-11-2009, 04:55 PM
My understanding of this is that Hibs are very very angry that this has been leaked and furthermore being openly spoken about on a public forum......

It may even jeopardise negotiations

RyeSloan
19-11-2009, 05:01 PM
My understanding of this is that Hibs are very very angry that this has been leaked and furthermore being openly spoken about on a public forum......

Really, what do they expect playing him in a 'closed doors' game is hardly keeping their interest under wraps is it!

lucky
19-11-2009, 05:28 PM
Haraldur Freyr Guðmundsson---Petrie will love him, how much will cost to have his name on a shirt :thumbsup:

NORTHERNHIBBY
19-11-2009, 06:44 PM

To me that is just nonsense. If this boy is a decent player then there will be a few teams sniffing, especially if he is a freezer. But if we are the only team interested then it doesn't say much.

blackpoolhibs
19-11-2009, 06:45 PM
To me that is just nonsense. If this boy is a decent player then there will be a few teams sniffing, especially if he is a freezer. But if we are the only team interested then it doesn't say much.

:agree: I don't suppose Hamilton signed the officials secrets act, when agreeing to play the friendly.:greengrin

Baldy Foghorn
19-11-2009, 07:42 PM

Maybe Hibs did not want to bring attention to the boy??

How often do Hibs let us know who they are after?? Hardly ever, only telling us when the deal is concluded.

Hibs are going about their business in a professional manner, but some supporters would rather they knew every single detail.............

nonshinyfinish
19-11-2009, 08:02 PM
Haraldur Freyr Guðmundsson---Petrie will love him, how much will cost to have his name on a shirt :thumbsup:

:singing: One Haraldur Freyr Guðmundsson!
There's only one Haraldur Freyr Guðmundsson! :singing:

Jim Herriot
19-11-2009, 08:05 PM

I don't þink ðat ðe club shop has a vast supply of ð's.

Perspective
19-11-2009, 08:19 PM

How often do Hibs let us know who they are after?? Hardly ever, only telling us when the deal is concluded.

Hibs are going about their business in a professional manner, but some supporters would rather they knew every single detail.............

I've posted this before, but there are a select few who clamour to appear to be 'in the know'. And I've lost count of the number of players we have 'definitely' agreed to sign, often followed by a nodding smiley or the word 'FACT',and then there is no mention of them again.

It really wouldn't make a difference if we didn't hear about these players til they are signed. If anything it adds to the excitement.

Hibs go about things the right way. Maybe club insiders should be more careful about who they trust with information.

NAE NOOKIE
19-11-2009, 10:46 PM

:faf:

SouthamptonHibs
19-11-2009, 11:01 PM
hopefully if he signs he'll turn out to be good as we'll be short in that position when Bamba leaves for the AN in Jan.
If the stats are correcton on Hibs mad he doesn't seem to play alot of games does anyone no why this is? injury prone, lots of suspensions, late break through, career break, those leagues don't play many games or is he pash and he finds it hard to get in a team.......

5 years = 65 games
last 5 years = 50 games + 15 in Cyprus

Total 130 games in 10+ years

Hail Hail

Toaods
19-11-2009, 11:34 PM

or he's wanting too much money already then...:greengrin

Steve20
20-11-2009, 07:47 AM

What a disgrace that we would like to know what is going on at the club. :rolleyes:

NGP
20-11-2009, 08:37 AM

Harry the Hibby sounds better

Speedway
20-11-2009, 09:02 AM
Hibs.Mad quotes an Icelandic paper with the boy talking about the move.

It's hardly breaking club confidences to hyperlink a website which quotes a media report is it?

O'Rourke3
20-11-2009, 09:08 AM
hopefully if he signs he'll turn out to be good as we'll be short in that position when Bamba leaves for the AN in Jan.
If the stats are correcton on Hibs mad he doesn't seem to play alot of games does anyone no why this is? injury prone, lots of suspensions, late break through, career break, those leagues don't play many games or is he pash and he finds it hard to get in a team.......

5 years = 65 games

Hail Hail
Our own Chriatian Nade then ?:hmmm:

:duck:

The Big No.9
20-11-2009, 01:07 PM
A-ha but.............

He joined them at 16/17 so wouldnt play many games say until he was 20/21, so lets call it 5/6 years.

Then they only have small leagues plus a winter break so lets go for 24 games a season plus the move turned sour in cyprus so half a season there.

So 5.5 years x 24 games a season = 132

In conclusion he has only missed 2 games.......:wink:

bawheid
20-11-2009, 01:24 PM
I've posted this before, but there are a select few who clamour to appear to be 'in the know'. And I've lost count of the number of players we have 'definitely' agreed to sign, often followed by a nodding smiley or the word 'FACT',and then there is no mention of them again.

I'm almost always never correct with my scoops.

More on this one once it's happened and I've read about it on the official site. :wink:

IWasThere2016
20-11-2009, 01:31 PM

:thumbsup:

Baldy Foghorn
20-11-2009, 01:36 PM

The secrecy has now vanished as back page of Evening News has told of the story............

3pm
20-11-2009, 01:42 PM
Getting away fae whether it should have been a secret or not, Hughes seemed quite positive about him. :agree: Looks good...

Craig_in_Prague
20-11-2009, 01:47 PM
If we can attract the likes of Liam Miller,

not going to get knickers in a twist about some icelandic centre half.

The last icelandic we had; was "supposed" to have been a goalkeeper. :faf:

hibbie02
20-11-2009, 01:56 PM
Surprise Surprise

Wiki now has him shown as on trial at Hibernian......:cool2:

NOLA
20-11-2009, 02:32 PM
the main question is can he play basketball? :wink:

sundo1875
20-11-2009, 06:21 PM
just been confirmed on stv hes on a weeks trial

--------
20-11-2009, 07:08 PM
:singing: One Haraldur Freyr Guðmundsson!
There's only one Haraldur Freyr Guðmundsson! :singing:

Six foot two, eyes of blue,
Big Haraldur's after you!
Na-na-na-na na-na-na na-na.....

THAT's the song for him - if he signs. :devil:

ancient hibee
20-11-2009, 08:54 PM
Six foot two, eyes of blue,
Big Haraldur's after you!
Na-na-na-na na-na-na na-na.....

THAT's the song for him - if he signs. :devil:
Holt on a minute there.

VegasHibby
20-11-2009, 09:10 PM

5 years = 65 games

Hail Hail

The stats do look terrible though I trust Yogi's judgement. He knows what type of player we need......

sadtom
20-11-2009, 10:38 PM
Harry the Hibby sounds better

If he's abig hard geezer its got to be Dirty Harry!
"did i kick you 6 times, or only five..."

Toaods
20-11-2009, 11:09 PM
He is Haraldafur F-G takes no prisoners + hes 6 foot 3 was going to the Herts but they couldnae raise the fee coz they are heading into bankruptcy

Hibs07p
21-11-2009, 04:55 AM
If he's abig hard geezer its got to be Dirty Harry!
"did i kick you 6 times, or only five..."

Go on punk, make my day! :thumbsup: