PDA

View Full Version : Yams Plan F throws his hat into the Scotland ring (merged)

rubber mal
19-11-2009, 11:57 AM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/h/heart_of_midlothian/8368005.stm

:greengrin

the_ginger_hibee
19-11-2009, 12:00 PM
Haha

:faf:

Hibercelona
19-11-2009, 12:01 PM
Never seen this posted anywhere else.

http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/Csaba-Laszlo-throws-hat-into.5839082.jp

That will be him getting sacked then. :agree:

Gerrintaethem
19-11-2009, 12:03 PM
One thread below this :greengrin

Hibercelona
19-11-2009, 12:04 PM
One thread below this :greengrin

Just got beaten to it! :grr:

:wink:

Woody1985
19-11-2009, 12:08 PM
Throwing his ring into the hat more like.

This guy is deluded. In some other dimension if he did get the job it would be filled with Hearts youths to increase their value to try and sell on.

A bit like in champ man when you'd take over a national team and put all your club players in even if they were gash. :faf:

SmashinGlass
19-11-2009, 12:09 PM
Absolutely PMSL at the comment below the article:

SAME RULES APPLY !!!,
19/11/2009 12:11:19
Headline should read
"Laszlo kicks hat into ring for Scotland job"

:faf::faf:

Phil D. Rolls
19-11-2009, 12:13 PM
Never seen this posted anywhere else.

http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/Csaba-Laszlo-throws-hat-into.5839082.jp

That will be him getting sacked then. :agree:

Without being to peek over the fence at KB anymore, the Scotsman board is the closest I can get to hearing the opinion of the Yam on the street. Good to see there is still a fair number of believers doing the rounds, such as:

Why dont all you Hobo's read the ficticious story someone phoned him probably a journalist and said he was being touted for the scotland job. he said it would be an honour and if offered mad vlad would probably release him no problem.

Q. how many times has this been sanitised to make some sort of story for this rag.

Read on, he talks more about the team and the progress of players.

Just read what you want to believe.
Hibs stars
Flair football
splitting the old firm
Winning the Scottish Cup "ok went a bit far there"

When the argument is lost, kick a Hobo. It's the Yam way.

Hibbyradge
19-11-2009, 12:13 PM
He's trying to get sacked, but he's in for a disappointment.

Vlad can't afford to sack him.

Even without paying for a confidentiality clause (remember them?).

Hibercelona
19-11-2009, 12:28 PM
He's trying to get sacked, but he's in for a disappointment.

Vlad can't afford to sack him.

Even without paying for a confidentiality clause (remember them?).

Of course he can.

They owe the money to themselves mind... :agree:

Anyway... Reading some of the comments below... its a total non story.

Well thats me convinced... move along now. :whistle:

Phil D. Rolls
19-11-2009, 12:35 PM
Tick.....:yawn:

lyonhibs
19-11-2009, 12:44 PM
Csaba Lazlo says: "If somebody comes to the club and asks for permission to discuss with me, we can discuss, definitely,"

Meanwhile, Laszlo's Edinburgh counterpartHibs manager John Hughes says:

His job is the "best in the world" and so he's not interested in the job.

The contrast between those two statements, and the underlying reality about the state of both clubs expresses, more lucidly than I ever could, how good it is to be a Hibs fan at this moment in time :agree: :agree:

GGTTH

mjhibby
19-11-2009, 12:56 PM
Without being to peek over the fence at KB anymore, the Scotsman board is the closest I can get to hearing the opinion of the Yam on the street. Good to see there is still a fair number of believers doing the rounds, such as:

When the argument is lost, kick a Hobo. It's the Yam way.

Their paranoia knows no bounds and they see hobo conspirators everywhere.Why dont just admit what everybody else can see that at a time where scottish football it is at its poorest for a generation they are an
awful team who play for 0-0 and hope for a break.Oh they cant of course because in their wee world they are a big team.So sad to see their delusion but funny for everybody else.Its the nobody likes us we dont care syndrome.At least their right on one thing.:thumbsup:

Phil D. Rolls
19-11-2009, 01:20 PM
Their paranoia knows no bounds and they see hobo conspirators everywhere.Why dont just admit what everybody else can see that at a time where scottish football it is at its poorest for a generation they are an
awful team who play for 0-0 and hope for a break.Oh they cant of course because in their wee world they are a big team.So sad to see their delusion but funny for everybody else.Its the nobody likes us we dont care syndrome.At least their right on one thing.:thumbsup:

I suppose they have a lot to be paranoid about. This isn't a case of big bad businessmen taking over a club and running it into the ground, without any regard for the fans.

THEY are the people who are responsible. It is them who are unable to take a reality check on their clubs' true position in the world order. That is what has allowed a succession of chancers to take the reins of HOMOFC.

To turn on Romanov, they way they turned on that nice Mr. Robinson, is not only impossible, it would be hypocrisy of a level that wouldn't go unnoticed. Not even in the world of the Yam.

--------
19-11-2009, 01:38 PM
Former Hearts chairman George Foulkes today said Laszlo should stop touting himself for other jobs and concentrate on getting Hearts up the SPL table. He said: "Csaba is someone I have praised highly in the past but it's insulting that he keeps linking himself to every job going. I think the Hearts fans are getting a bit fed up. He needs to knuckle down and get the best out of the players at his disposal."

How on earth do you 'insult' Hearts fans?

I've been trying for years. It's impossible.... :rolleyes:

HibbyAndy
19-11-2009, 01:46 PM
Romanov will be raging at Shabba :tee hee:

Hank Schrader
19-11-2009, 01:49 PM
Romanov will be raging at Shabba :tee hee:

:agree:

Especially the day after being quoted in the paper saying "Burley only got the Scotland job as a reward for ruining Hearts bid to overtake the Old Firm". :tee hee:

GreenCastle
19-11-2009, 01:56 PM
"Meanwhile, Laszlo's Edinburgh counterpart, Hibs manager John Hughes says his job is the "best in the world" and he does not want to succeed Burley."

:thumbsup:

:notworthy: :notworthy:

Phil D. Rolls
19-11-2009, 02:01 PM
Former Hearts chairman George Foulkes today said Laszlo should stop touting himself for other jobs and concentrate on getting Hearts up the SPL table. He said: "Csaba is someone I have praised highly in the past but it's insulting that he keeps linking himself to every job going. I think the Hearts fans are getting a bit fed up. He needs to knuckle down and get the best out of the players at his disposal."

Is Fatty not the guy who had jobs at the EEN, the Scottish Parliament and the House of Lords at the same time? If so, it's ironic that he is slagging Shabby for wanting to change from one job to another.

Barney McGrew
19-11-2009, 03:03 PM
He said: "Csaba is someone I have praised highly in the past but it's insulting that he keeps linking himself to every job going. I think the Hearts fans are getting a bit fed up. He needs to knuckle down and get the best out of the players at his disposal."

Maybe the fuddleys should be asking themselves why he keeps linking himself to every job going?

Rats, sinking ships etc. etc.

.Sean.
19-11-2009, 03:13 PM
Shabba for Scotland? :blah:

Doesny half talk some pash eh :faf:

Hibercelona
19-11-2009, 03:19 PM
Is Fatty not the guy who had jobs at the EEN, the Scottish Parliament and the House of Lords at the same time? If so, it's ironic that he is slagging Shabby for wanting to change from one job to another.

But have yams ever grasped the concept of irony? :dunno:

They still call us a "wee team"... Yet, they are currently trapped in the bottom six, and look nowhere near escaping it. Also keeping in mind that their hand full of decent players (if that) will be away in January.

But we are still the "wee team"?

Also the fact that they call our owner "money hungry" who takes no interest in Hibs what so ever... and only wants to profit from it.

Of course... Mad Vlad takes full interest in Hearts and pumps plenty into them for their world class signings... :rolleyes:

They also like to accuse us of bringing sex offenders into the club...

"Rix" or "Wee Airdrie Jambo" anyone?

hibs7062footbal
19-11-2009, 03:24 PM
would he be any worse than what the last two have been :idiot:

soupy
19-11-2009, 03:43 PM
would he be any worse than what the last two have been :idiot:
Why the last two, Mcleish did well with Scotland..:confused:

matty_f
19-11-2009, 05:05 PM
Plan F shouldn't get anywhere near the Scotland job - he moans enough about strikers as it is, imagine what he'd be like left to work with Kenny f***ing Miller!!:grr:

ballengeich
19-11-2009, 05:08 PM
If he's invited for an interview the 2012 Euro finals will be over before he's finished answering the first question.

Horse
19-11-2009, 05:18 PM
I don't actually mind Laszlo and we could do far worse for a Scotland manager. I doubt he'll get it but he is obviously a bit more intelligent the some give him credit for. He realises that finishing third last season (which wasn't overly difficult given the wage bill Hearts had last year) has given him a fair degree of credibility in Scotland so he is now planning his escape route before his stock falls as Hearts slowly drift into oblivion under Romanov. By continually touting himself to other jobs he know that either a) He'll get offered another job and take it OR b) Romanov will sack him but he'll pick up another job anyway based on last seasons performance. I'd say b) is the most likely option but either way Laszlo cannae lose. The only way he'll lose is if he stays at Hearts for much longer!

Anyone with any shred of intelligence would be trying to desert the sinking ship a Tynie - you can dress up a shoddy old rowing boat up as the QE2 but at the end of the day its still a shoddy old rowing boat! Hearts fans still believe they have a QE2 though!

Foulkes again epitomises them by slagging Laszo and not seeing (or not wanting to see) the bigger picture - i.e Romanov is a nutter and is succeeding in driving another manager out of the revolving door. I suppose if Foulkes admitted that Romanov was a crook then he would also be admitting that he was wrong to encourage all the Jambos to blindly follow Romanov and sell him all their shares. The day a spineless, disgusting moron like Foulkes admits he was wrong is the day that hell freezes over (or the day we win the Scottish Cup).

Dashing Bob S
19-11-2009, 05:35 PM

You show them a picture of a BMW and say "this is a BMW." Then you point to their vehicle and say: "That is your beat-up white Ford van with surveilence equipment installed in order to spy upon schoolchildren."

You show them a picture of a villa in Barnton and say "this is what a villa in Barnton looks like." Then you point at their home and say: "this is a two apartment flat in Wester Hailes and you are in rent arrears."

You draw the figure 400,000 on a blackboard and say "this is not the amount of supporters you have" and point to the 12,462 in the back page newspaper columns and say "this is."

You show them pictures of Fernando Torres and Wayne Rooney and say: "these are World Cup stars" then another two feature featuring Christian Nade and Suso and say "these are your players. They are not World Cup stars."

You show them a photograph of the European Cup and you tell them what it is. Then show show them a copy of the Scottish Premier League tables and point out their lowly position.

If you can convince them that the two are not the same, then you've managed, finally, to insult them.

Toaods
19-11-2009, 05:46 PM
You show them a picture of a grown man sitting greeting like a twat at Dens Park and say : - and this was your best team in 40 years?

Betty Boop
19-11-2009, 06:15 PM
Argentina legend Ossie Ardiles has become the latest manager to throw his hat into the ring for the Scotland job.

The World Cup winner, who also applied for the Aberdeen job in the summer, told eveningexpress.co.uk: "I would love to manage Scotland and I could turn them around.

"Scotland's squad has lost their fight and unity.

"That was obvious in the 3-0 loss to Wales because they looked lost in that game.

"If I was Scotland manager I could get that back, and have them fighting for the cause again."

HibbyAndy
19-11-2009, 06:23 PM
I don't actually mind Laszlo and we could do far worse for a Scotland manager. I doubt he'll get it but he is obviously a bit more intelligent the some give him credit for. He realises that finishing third last season (which wasn't overly difficult given the wage bill Hearts had last year) has given him a fair degree of credibility in Scotland so he is now planning his escape route before his stock falls as Hearts slowly drift into oblivion under Romanov. By continually touting himself to other jobs he know that either a) He'll get offered another job and take it OR b) Romanov will sack him but he'll pick up another job anyway based on last seasons performance. I'd say b) is the most likely option but either way Laszlo cannae lose. The only way he'll lose is if he stays at Hearts for much longer!

Anyone with any shred of intelligence would be trying to desert the sinking ship a Tynie - you can dress up a shoddy old rowing boat up as the QE2 but at the end of the day its still a shoddy old rowing boat! Hearts fans still believe they have a QE2 though!

Foulkes again epitomises them by slagging Laszo and not seeing (or not wanting to see) the bigger picture - i.e Romanov is a nutter and is succeeding in driving another manager out of the revolving door. I suppose if Foulkes admitted that Romanov was a crook then he would also be admitting that he was wrong to encourage all the Jambos to blindly follow Romanov and sell him all their shares. The day a spineless, disgusting moron like Foulkes admits he was wrong is the day that hell freezes over (or the day we win the Scottish Cup).

Straight from the horses mouth :agree:

lyonhibs
19-11-2009, 06:52 PM

:agree:

Absolutely - if I was in Laslo's position - i.e. hamstrung by a distant and disinterested owner and saddled with a deluded supporter base - I'd be whoring myself out to any and every job that I felt I was even remotely in with a shout of.

Not that I think he should get it, but when you consider that sompe people's "preferred choice" for the job was Graeme F****** Souness, we could do a whole lot worse that Csaba

3pm
20-11-2009, 12:36 PM
I hope Csaba stays.

SPL Manager of the Year? :bye: Someone was having a laugh. Gubbed in both cups and finished 3rd even though he easily had the 3rd biggest budget in the League. Surely that was his remit? If we had the 3rd biggest budget, I'd expect us to finish 3rd.

Now he has to rein it in he's getting found out. :agree:

Also, who was the last Hearts manager not to score in 3 games against us at Tynecastle?! His teams have only scored in 2 out of 6 games against us (2 of the 3 goals scored against us since he joined were in the Scottish Cup in what must be one of the worst Hibs performances in recent times).

You hang in at the PBS Csaba - yer doing a grand job. :notworthy:

Liberal Hibby
20-11-2009, 12:50 PM

Well said - Lazlo is a far better choice than many of the names being touted around and with solid international experience.

I'm actually not that bothered who gets the Scotland job. I'm far more bothered by what targets the SFA set for them. If it is simply to qualify for 2012, then we'll see the crab and McGregor sneak back and the parade of useless old OF geriatrics and bit part championship journeyment being wheeled out. All justified by the fact these are the best and most experienced players available to the manager at the time.

I'd far rather see the SFA come out and say, 'we don't care about 2012. What we want is a manager to work with younger players, to build a squad for 2014 and beyond and we won't judge success or failure in terms of tournament qualifying for at least five years.'

But we all know what's going to happen don't we...

Horse
20-11-2009, 02:53 PM
Well said - Lazlo is a far better choice than many of the names being touted around and with solid international experience.

I'm actually not that bothered who gets the Scotland job. I'm far more bothered by what targets the SFA set for them. If it is simply to qualify for 2012, then we'll see the crab and McGregor sneak back and the parade of useless old OF geriatrics and bit part championship journeyment being wheeled out. All justified by the fact these are the best and most experienced players available to the manager at the time.

I'd far rather see the SFA come out and say, 'we don't care about 2012. What we want is a manager to work with younger players, to build a squad for 2014 and beyond and we won't judge success or failure in terms of tournament qualifying for at least five years.'

But we all know what's going to happen don't we...

Good post. That has been the problem with the Scotland team for years - focusing on the short term and not looking at the medium to long term picture. Craig Brown was the worst culprit, he stuck with an ageing team to protect his own reputation, he occasionally picked whatever young player was the OF flavour of the month i.e Mark Burchill who anyone could see was useless, whilst overlooking young players with genuine potential at non OF teams. He left just as the backbone of his team were retiring and he left absolutely nothing in the pipeline to replace them with. The damage Brown did to the national team should not be underestimated. Vogts was left with nothing, he was critisised heavily for capping so many different players but what else was he supposed to do? He needed to experiment with players which cost us results in the short term but it was a good indication of which players could cut it at international level and which ones can't. Because there was no short term success the media sold a few extra papers with their campaigns to hound him out.

As you say, I'd be happy to sacrifice 2012 to build some solid foundations for the future. As you also say, it will never happen under the current useless SFA set up.

CorrieHibs
20-11-2009, 02:58 PM
I thought he was getting the liverpool job as he wants to move to a big club. :faf:

Spike Mandela
20-11-2009, 04:56 PM
Didn't think it would be possible to get more disillusioned with Scotland but if that slavering git got the job I don't think I could open my curtains if Scotland were playing in the garden!:bitchy: