PDA

View Full Version : NHC Robertson - ??

hibs0666
18-11-2009, 11:46 PM
Looks like the bevvy is taking it's toll on the wee fat turd...

Geeza pound for a bevvy son... (http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/2736264/Robbos-mid-term-report.html?)

monktonharp
18-11-2009, 11:54 PM
christ,he looks as if he works on a coal lorry now

--------
19-11-2009, 12:30 AM
He don't look well....

Owain_1987
19-11-2009, 12:58 AM
He don't look well....

That's wishful thinking there :greengrin

IWasThere2016
19-11-2009, 06:15 AM
What a state!

AK86
19-11-2009, 07:09 AM
has always been fond of the bevvy has the wee fat man
seems to getaway with it media wise
He would just be the man to lead the ****s to their final destiny

LancsHibs
19-11-2009, 07:20 AM
Photo looks like it was taken in the queue for soup...but a fair assessment :cool2: (that's if he wrote it!)

EskbankHibby
19-11-2009, 07:27 AM
Quite like wee Robbo actually, met him a few times and always happy to blether about the football.

Clearly no stranger to a pie and a pint but a decent guy.

Dashing Bob S
19-11-2009, 07:41 AM
Quite like wee Robbo actually, met him a few times and always happy to blether about the football.

Clearly no stranger to a pie and a pint but a decent guy.

Yes, a lovely little chap. Courageous too, remember how he went against his employer, Mercer, to both say and do the right thing at the takeover bid? Very few people, in any walk of life and especially not football, show that kind of integrity. Whatever they feel personally, they keep things to themselves for fear of rocking the boat.

If he's enjoying his life and perhaps drinking and eating too much, well good on him, each to their own. If he's not having a good time and drinking too much to avoid coping with that fact, I hope he knocks it on the head and sorts things out.

Fortunately, my money is on the former, as he seems a contented wee soul.

EskbankHibby
19-11-2009, 07:52 AM
Yes, a lovely little chap. Courageous too, remember how he went against his employer, Mercer, to both say and do the right thing at the takeover bid? Very few people, in any walk of life and especially not football, show that kind of integrity. Whatever they feel personally, they keep things to themselves for fear of rocking the boat.

If he's enjoying his life and perhaps drinking and eating too much, well good on him, each to their own. If he's not having a good time and drinking too much to avoid coping with that fact, I hope he knocks it on the head and sorts things out.

Indeed i do Bob, one of the main reasons i have a wee soft spot for him.

Briefly worked with him at Livingston in the late 90's and on meeting him for the first time mentioned i was a Hibby and that i was therefore desperate to hate him for ruining my teenage years, all taken in the good spirit intended.

Good company and an enthusiastic football man....even though he's a jambo.

RIP
19-11-2009, 08:13 AM
He's a intelligent guy, good writer who has perceptive insight into the pro game as both player and manager. His views are well-respected. He didn't really cut it as a coach but that's OK for me - he's my no means the only fans favourite who wasn't a great success in the managers chair.

Kinda sad that all the beauty queens on here don't find him that attractive - ah well, ho hum!:yawn:

--------
19-11-2009, 08:18 AM
He don't look well....

That's wishful thinking there :greengrin

Actually, no. I just think he doesn't look well. I tend to agree with Eskbank and Dashing Bob - Robbo's one of the more decent Yams around.

Originally Posted by Dashing Bob S http://www.hibs.net/message/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.hibs.net/message/showthread.php?p=2246185#post2246185)

Indeed i do Bob, one of the main reasons i have a wee soft spot for him.

Briefly worked with him at Livingston in the late 90's and on meeting him for the first time mentioned i was a Hibby and that i was therefore desperate to hate him for ruining my teenage years, all taken in the good spirit intended.

Good company and an enthusiastic football man....even though he's a jambo.

As you say, guys. :agree:

Killiehibbie
19-11-2009, 09:43 AM
I think he spoke out against mercer and comes across as a decent enough guy because deep down he's still a Hibs Supporter.

Kaiser_Sauzee
19-11-2009, 10:03 AM
He put us to the sword many a time, but I don't mind him that much as a person. He's good on the radio. :agree:

HibbyAndy
19-11-2009, 10:08 AM
Dont mind him TBH.

Never says a bad word about Hibs.

JimBHibees
19-11-2009, 10:10 AM
Met him a couple of times years ago in social settings and he seemed a pleasant and friendly guy.

1two
19-11-2009, 03:29 PM
I think he spoke out against mercer and comes across as a decent enough guy because deep down he's still a Hibs Supporter.

As much as its good to be a hibby, I doubt he considers himself a hibs man :greengrin

I've always had respect for JR as a player/guy even though he did shaft us a few times to many. He has alot more class than some from that hearts era - Gary Mc, John C etc.

Killiehibbie
19-11-2009, 03:48 PM
As much as its good to be a hibby, I doubt he considers himself a hibs man :greengrin

I've always had respect for JR as a player/guy even though he did shaft us a few times to many. He has alot more class than some from that hearts era - Gary Mc, John C etc.

He was a Hibbie until he went and played for hearts. I suppose over the years it must've changed his outlook a bit but the Hibs must still be in there somewhere or he'd probably be a fanny like mackay.

ginger_rice
19-11-2009, 05:13 PM
He was a Hibbie until he went and played for hearts. I suppose over the years it must've changed his outlook a bit but the Hibs must still be in there somewhere or he'd probably be a fanny like mackay.

I seem to recall that his family are hibbies still though?

Defo one that got away there I reckon.

Auckland Hibs
19-11-2009, 06:28 PM

TBH, I've always found Robbo to be a very decent bloke. His football knowledge is outstanding and he's very down to earth, he also has a wee soft spot for the hibees (His brother George is a massive Hibee).

He once told me that he was due to make the switch across the city a few years ago, terms had been agreed and a medical set for the Monday morning. The weekend prior to the medical/signing, the ****bos got pumped at Ibrox and had 3/4 players sent off and due to the suspensions arising from the game, the ****bos wouldn't let him leave.

I recall he came off the bench and scored against us not long afterwards.

_hucks_
19-11-2009, 06:33 PM

I'm good mates with his nephew, and if the nephew is to be believed (as it happens i dont even know for sure that he is his nephew, but he's a good friend and i have little reason to doubt it), robbo still is a hibbie.

McD
19-11-2009, 08:13 PM

Straight from the man himself, he has 3 sons, ones rangers, one is celtic, one is hibs.

Always thot it was a bit of a skelp in the face for the yams that even their record scorer's offspring couldnae bring themselves to be associated with them :greengrin

NAE NOOKIE
19-11-2009, 09:41 PM
Dead ringer for my big brother, nae kiddin'

:devil:

monktonharp
19-11-2009, 10:08 PM
I'm good mates with his nephew, and if the nephew is to be believed (as it happens i dont even know for sure that he is his nephew, but he's a good friend and i have little reason to doubt it), robbo still is a hibbie.a nephewof his is a dyed in the wool Hibby(he is in ma hoose regularly:wink:)and Robbo's bro stays roond the corner frae me...........massive Hibernian fanatic (George,aka sponge) but never ever heard of him being Hibsminded

Forza Fred
20-11-2009, 08:30 AM
Robbo's a top bloke!

When we were having a fund raiser here in Oz to bring a former hibs player out, he was the FIRST to donate an autographed jersey for auction.

His sense of humour meant that he sent a hearts jersey of course, and had the number 27 put on the back, with his name - 27 being the number of goals he scored against Hibs.

He paid for the jersey himself as far as I know, and the postage.

This happened at the time meh was sacked from Livingston, and it would have been easy for him to have forgotten about us, but he didn't.

He may have put us to the sword on the park, and had us cursing him, but still a top bloke in my opinion.

JimBHibees
20-11-2009, 08:45 AM
Robbo's a top bloke!

When we were having a fund raiser here in Oz to bring a former hibs player out, he was the FIRST to donate an autographed jersey for auction.

His sense of humour meant that he sent a hearts jersey of course, and had the number 27 put on the back, with his name - 27 being the number of goals he scored against Hibs.

He paid for the jersey himself as far as I know, and the postage.

This happened at the time meh was sacked from Livingston, and it would have been easy for him to have forgotten about us, but he didn't.

He may have put us to the sword on the park, and had us cursing him, but still a top bloke in my opinion.

Classy story as you say he didnt need to make the effort and did especially at a time it would have been easy to ignore it.