PDA

View Full Version : Bamba playing for Ivory Coast (merged)

Jaz
18-11-2009, 08:59 PM
Didn't realise just how many fantastic players play for the Ivory Coast.

It's no wonder Bamba is so worried about missing a game. Might never get back in:

Emmanuel Eboué (Arsenal)
Arthur Boka (Stuttgart)
Sol Bamba (Hibernian)
Benjamin Angoua (Budapest Honvéd)
Guy Demel (Hamburg)
Kolo Touré (Manchester City)
Didier Zokora (Sevilla)
Yaya Touré (Barcelona)
Jean-Jacques Gosso (Monaco)
Romaric (Sevilla)
Gervinho (Lille)
Sekou Cissé (Feyenoord)
Salomon Kalou (Chelsea)
Didier Drogba (Chelsea)
Arouna Koné (Sevilla)

Hibbyradge
18-11-2009, 09:07 PM
Exactly. :agree:

Storar
18-11-2009, 09:07 PM
Exactly. :agree:

MTE:agree:

sixtwo
18-11-2009, 09:26 PM
Good point! It's a credit to the player that he is involved with such a good team (or two good teams).:wink:

I've got a feeling he will generate a bit of interest from down south, especially if he has a good ANC & or WC. He is young, very talented and a recognised player in a top international team! Rod will be thinking he has found a way of funding the new east stand!:greengrin

...WentToMowAnSPL
18-11-2009, 09:31 PM
Benjamin Angoua (Budapest Honvéd)

Who are you ?
Who are you ?

:greengrin

Part/Time Supporter
18-11-2009, 09:31 PM
:agree:

They're beating Germany 2-1 in a friendly tonight

Bamba playing at centre half alongside Kolo Toure

Part/Time Supporter
18-11-2009, 09:39 PM
last minute equaliser for the Germans

zlatan
18-11-2009, 09:44 PM
Forgot all about this game, meant to watch it online.

Did Bamba play the full 90?

fife hfc
18-11-2009, 09:45 PM
Watched the second half and the Ivory Coast could have scored on another 3 or 4 occasions and looked the better team. Bamba played well and did not look injured:greengrin

Jaz
18-11-2009, 09:46 PM
Bamba 1 of only 4 outfield players NOT substituted.

The starting back 4 played the 90 mins:

Emmanuel Eboué (Arsenal)
Sol Bamba (Hibernian)
Arthur Boka (Stuttgart)

Part/Time Supporter
18-11-2009, 09:51 PM
Forgot all about this game, meant to watch it online.

Did Bamba play the full 90?

yes

http://www.kicker.de/news/fussball/intligen/intwettbewerbe/fussball-nationalteams-freundschaftsspiele/2009/6/992618/livematch_deutschland_elfenbeinkueste.html

Emmanuel Eboué (Arsenal)
Sol Bamba (Hibernian)
Arthur Boka (Stuttgart)

Guy Demel started at right back; he gave away the penalty for the opening goal with a very poor mistake. Demel was hooked after about an hour and Eboue went back there from right mid. The second German goal came from an overload in Kolo Toure's area, which gave Podolski half a yard in the inside left channel.

Watched the second half and the Ivory Coast could have scored on another 3 or 4 occasions and looked the better team. Bamba played well and did not look injured:greengrin

:agree:

Without Drogba as well, very impressive.

They should have had at least two penalties. Very strange refereeing.

500miles
18-11-2009, 09:51 PM
£5million pound price tag. He's proving himself, not only at SPL level, but at international level, so we should be looking for that at least.

fife hfc
18-11-2009, 09:53 PM
£5million pound price tag. He's proving himself, not only at SPL level, but at international level, so we should be looking for that at least.

the yams wanted that for driver after playing under 21 football so why not?

zlatan
18-11-2009, 10:03 PM

Emmanuel Eboué (Arsenal)
Sol Bamba (Hibernian)
Arthur Boka (Stuttgart)

Bamba must of played every seconds of the Ivory Coasts last 6 or 7 games, understandable when you see the players he's competing for a place with.

jakedance
18-11-2009, 10:40 PM
Bamba is going to make us a fortune.

I think someone was quoting 30-1 for the Ivory Coast to win the World Cup which looks great value. I reckon Rod should gamble a million of the fee we'll get for Bamba on them.

silverhibee
18-11-2009, 10:59 PM
Bamba is going to make us a fortune.

I think someone was quoting 30-1 for the Ivory Coast to win the World Cup which looks great value. I reckon Rod should gamble a million of the fee we'll get for Bamba on them.

I dont know about this, i have heard that the pars have a 30% sell on clause regarding Bamba moving from Hibs, so if true then Dunfermline are looking at a good fee coming there way.
And Bamba i have heard will get a percentage of the sell on fee that Hibs get for him, and just say he is due 20% of that, then Hibs will get half the fee.
If Hibs get £3m for Bamba, once Hibs pay Pars and Bamba it will only be £1.5m they get.
Still a good bit of buisness by RP and SL.:agree:

gilliecabbage
18-11-2009, 11:02 PM
I dont know about this, i have heard that the pars have a 30% sell on clause regarding Bamba moving from Hibs, so if true then Dunfermline are looking at a good fee coming there way.
And Bamba i have heard will get a percentage of the sell on fee that Hibs get for him, and just say he is due 20% of that, then Hibs will get half the fee.
If Hibs get £3m for Bamba, once Hibs pay Pars and Bamba it will only be £1.5m they get.
Still a good bit of buisness by RP and SL.:agree:

and rod will do the same when/if the next club he goes to sell him:agree:

Billychaotic182
18-11-2009, 11:07 PM
Rather than talking about how much we will make off him lets try and keep him!

Peevemor
18-11-2009, 11:08 PM
It wouldn't surprise me if he ended up playing in France.

Hibbyradge
18-11-2009, 11:09 PM
Rather than talking about how much we will make off him lets try and keep him!

How do we do that?

Offer him £20k a week? :dunno:

Peevemor
18-11-2009, 11:09 PM
How do we do that?

:agree: At least.

Billychaotic182
18-11-2009, 11:12 PM
How do we do that?

Come on he could be world cup player. 20k a week is pennys.:devil:

blackpoolhibs
18-11-2009, 11:44 PM
I'm worried he could be one of the two world cup stars hearts will sign.:worried:

Owain_1987
18-11-2009, 11:52 PM
Well done Bamba hope you back for Saturday! Stay till the end of the season please :greengrin Just realised how good a back four he is in! Good luck at the World Cup only man I have to follow there now! Met him in Ireland and he was a top guy a good laugh!

--------
19-11-2009, 12:02 AM
I'm worried he could be one of the two world cup stars hearts will sign.:worried:

Sol isn't nearly in the same class as the Hearts players, BH. They'll be looking at the likes of Robinho and Lampard for sure.

BTW - is Sol the only SPL player with a chance of playing in the World Cup?

Does Kingston qualify as an SPL player, or is he just a highly-salaried non-playing bystander who just happens to be registered with an SPL team?

That's seriously good company he's keeping, though. Barca, Sevilla, Arsenal, Chelsea.... and the Cabbage. Only the best for the Ivorians, hm? :devil:

Allant1981
19-11-2009, 12:04 AM
Sol isn't nearly in the same class as the Hearts players, BH. They'll be looking at the likes of Robinho and Lampard for sure.

Does Kingston qualify as an SPL player, or is he just a highly-salaried non-playing bystander who just happens to be registered with an SPL team?

Killen if he is still with Celtic at the time

--------
19-11-2009, 12:05 AM
Killen if he is still with Celtic at the time

Do professional invalids count? :rolleyes:

FraserHFC
19-11-2009, 12:10 AM
Bougherra aswell although I doubt he'll be at Rangers by the time the World Cup comes round

hibeeleicester
19-11-2009, 01:06 AM
samaras :grr::grr:

Craig_in_Prague
19-11-2009, 07:47 AM
I watched the Germany v IC game last night; Sol played full game and looked superb.

They had a very bizzare equaliser (german keeper booted it into an IC player and it went in), though they looked a very good side indeed.

Steve-O
19-11-2009, 07:55 AM
20/1 for Ivory Coast to win it on William Hill :agree:

Barney McGrew
19-11-2009, 07:56 AM

No, there's quite a few. Killen, McDonald and Samaras will all be there, which is pretty amazing seeing that Celtc can't buy goals just now.

As someone's already mentioned, Bougherra will be there with Algeria.

There's also Kingston at the Yams, but since he's not actually playing for them then he probably doesn't count :greengrin

Steve-O
19-11-2009, 07:58 AM
If only Hibs had listened to me and signed Shane Smeltz we'd have had TWO players going to the World Cup...:devil:

Barney McGrew
19-11-2009, 08:13 AM
If only Hibs had listened to me and signed Shane Smeltz we'd have had TWO players going to the World Cup...:devil:

:tee hee:

If Damien Duff could finish a one on one with a keeper, we'd have three :wink:

CallumLaidlaw
19-11-2009, 08:31 AM
20/1 for Ivory Coast to win it on William Hill :agree:

33/1 on totesport, betfred, victor chandler, bluesquare & Corals :thumbsup:

Hibby Bairn
19-11-2009, 09:21 AM
samaras :grr::grr:

Fabulous pass for the Greece qualifying goal though.

--------
19-11-2009, 09:24 AM
No, there's quite a few. Killen, McDonald and Samaras will all be there, which is pretty amazing seeing that Celtc can't buy goals just now.

As someone's already mentioned, Bougherra will be there with Algeria.

There's also Kingston at the Yams, but since he's not actually playing for them then he probably doesn't count :greengrin

Ah well. I should really wake up before posting stuff like that. Let's hope he gets a chance to REALLY kick his Celtic buddies HARD then - a parting gift to the Hibees before heading on to pastures new.....

ahibby
19-11-2009, 09:30 AM
It will be interesting to see now whether Bamba plays on Saturday. If he doesn't I for one will be very disappointed.

blackpoolhibs
19-11-2009, 10:36 AM
We all know he's going, its just when. January or the summer, he will leave. Mixu did some stupid things while in charge, but getting this lad to sign was his best piece of work.:top marks Bamba is playing for a bloody good international side, a side that have a real chance of doing some damage at next years world cup. We must see that selling him in January would be stupid, his price is only going to get bigger with him playing in the world cup, I hope the club can agree it with him, and he plays with us until the summer, he will get his move, and we will get a good wedge towards the stand.:pray:

Owain_1987
19-11-2009, 10:45 AM
We all know he's going, its just when. January or the summer, he will leave. Mixu did some stupid things while in charge, but getting this lad to sign was his best piece of work.:top marks Bamba is playing for a bloody good international side, a side that have a real chance of doing some damage at next years world cup. We must see that selling him in January would be stupid, his price is only going to get bigger with him playing in the world cup, I hope the club can agree it with him, and he plays with us until the summer, he will get his move, and we will get a good wedge towards the stand.:pray:

I agree with this and thought this makes sense. My only worry is will he want to improve his game more before the world cup by playing for a team down south. Saying this will he want to move in January and risk not play regularly before the world cup? Also talking about the Ivory Coast think they could be better than England how good would it be Bamba getting a clean sheet against them at the world cup :greengrin:greengrin

Part/Time Supporter
19-11-2009, 10:48 AM
I agree with this and thought this makes sense. My only worry is will he want to improve his game more before the world cup by playing for a team down south. Saying this will he want to move in January and risk not play regularly before the world cup? Also talking about the Ivory Coast think they could be better than England how good would it be Bamba getting a clean sheet against them at the world cup :greengrin:greengrin

Don't be silly, England wouldn't get a draw like that. They'll get something like Slovenia, New Zealand and North Korea.

blackpoolhibs
19-11-2009, 10:50 AM

We do hold the aces on this one. He will want to play in the world cup, sitting in the stands is no good to him. We have to do whats best for us, AND the player. And the club will surely know its the summer when he should be sold.:pray:

JimBHibees
19-11-2009, 10:53 AM
We do hold the aces on this one. He will want to play in the world cup, sitting in the stands is no good to him. We have to do whats best for us, AND the player. And the club will surely know its the summer when he should be sold.:pray:

Makes complete sense. He is playing for Ivory Coast at the moment while playing for Hibs why would he want to move now to a club where he may not get a regular game and potentially jeopardise his World cup chance.

Hibbyradge
19-11-2009, 11:01 AM
I'd be surprised if anyone wanted to buy him in January, given that he will be on International duty for the first few weeks of the year. The final is on 31st so it's possible that he won't have even met his new team mates until early February.

Having said that, if someone wants him badly enough, they can make us an offer we can't refuse.

PeeJay
19-11-2009, 11:33 AM
Watched Bamba last night playing against Germany - all in all he had a good game, with one or two "bad" mistakes and one moment when he completely missed the ball when attempting to kick it.
Otherwise, the commentator here praised him because he won 90%+ of his tackles - he seems to think Bamba plays in Edinburgh for Edinburgh though? Never mentioned Hibs all evening - "bloody Germans!"
Would be a pity to see him go though.
The Ivory Coast looked very good in stages last night, but German resilience payed off as usual with the late equaliser. Terrible referee here too by the way.:bye:

GlesgaeHibby
19-11-2009, 11:46 AM

:agree: We hold the aces with Bamba and interested clubs.

Bamba must be 100% focussed on playing, and playing well for us so that he can be considered for selection for the world cup.

blackpoolhibs
19-11-2009, 05:26 PM
:agree: We hold the aces with Bamba and interested clubs.

Bamba must be 100% focussed on playing, and playing well for us so that he can be considered for selection for the world cup.

:top marks:agree:

Dashing Bob S
19-11-2009, 05:59 PM

Reminds me of Neil Berry. Now there was a player.

HibbyAndy
19-11-2009, 06:03 PM

Kent his dad Chuck.

Steve-O
20-11-2009, 07:17 AM

Kent his dad Chuck.

I've bagged off wi his sister Halle :agree:

Hibbyradge
20-11-2009, 08:35 AM

Kent his dad Chuck.

I've bagged off wi his sister Halle :agree:

I always thought he was a bit of a dingle.

Part/Time Supporter
20-11-2009, 09:42 AM
Watched Bamba last night playing against Germany - all in all he had a good game, with one or two "bad" mistakes and one moment when he completely missed the ball when attempting to kick it.
Otherwise, the commentator here praised him because he won 90%+ of his tackles - he seems to think Bamba plays in Edinburgh for Edinburgh though? Never mentioned Hibs all evening - "bloody Germans!"
Would be a pity to see him go though.
The Ivory Coast looked very good in stages last night, but German resilience payed off as usual with the late equaliser. Terrible referee here too by the way.:bye:

Germans seem to emphasise the place name with some clubs, even if the place isn't in their official name. ie Celtic Glasgow, or even referring to Man Utd as "Manchester". Hibs are known as "Hibernian Edinburgh". (http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hibernian_Edinburgh) I suppose it avoids ambiguity with the "Irishness" of the name, and with the Maltese Hibernians.

Peevemor
20-11-2009, 09:46 AM
Germans seem to emphasise the place name with some clubs, even if the place isn't in their official name. ie Celtic Glasgow, or even referring to Man Utd as "Manchester". Hibs are known as "Hibernian Edinburgh". (http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hibernian_Edinburgh) I suppose it avoids ambiguity with the "Irishness" of the name, and with the Maltese Hibernians.

Same here.

To be understood I have to speak about 'eebernian d'Edimbourg, ronjers de Glasgow, san meerenne, etc.

down-the-slope
20-11-2009, 09:56 AM
Same here.

To be understood I have to speak about 'eebernian d'Edimbourg, ronjers de Glasgow, san meerenne, etc.
Ahem...just why would you be fouling the air talking about them :wink:

PeeJay
20-11-2009, 09:57 AM

Yeah, it's just lazy journalism though if you ask me - Germans know that Glasgow has two main teams so they really should refain from talking of "Glasgow" - the same applies to Edinburgh. Of course they think it's all in England too!

Thirty years and counting and they still call me English!:grr:

Peevemor
20-11-2009, 09:57 AM
Ahem...just why would you be fouling the air talking about them :wink:

To explain what a bunch of "wonkeurs" they are. :greengrin

down-the-slope
20-11-2009, 10:00 AM
Bacl t sol....I think Hibs coaching is starting to knock off the rough edges on what was a great prospect that could have some major bloomers. He has the skil / pace / height / strength to be a great...just needs the footballing brain tuned to know when to play a bit and when to just put the foot / head through the ball.

I wonder...if he and Toure form a strong partnership.....:greengrin maybe Hughes will see it makes sense to get the Sheiks readys out....Rod would be slivating at the prospect of those negotiations....

But not till post WC....:agree:

down-the-slope
20-11-2009, 10:02 AM
To explain what a bunch of "wonkeurs" they are. :greengrin

Excused :agree:

Bristolhibby
20-11-2009, 11:18 AM
Don't be silly, England wouldn't get a draw like that. They'll get something like Slovenia, New Zealand and North Korea.

Was thinking as much myself, why do England always get the jammiest draws?

Last WC they had Paraguay (Weakest of the south American teams)
Trinidad & Tobago (Nuff said)
& Sweden (Always been a team to make up the numbers at a World Cup, like most Scandanavian countries, (Best they get is second round then out, (See Denmark v England at WC 2002)))

Dont know what the groups are, but there is a good chanch England will get an African team, hope to God it is Ivory Coast, as I think they are the best African team, full of technically good players playing in top teams across Europe.
Them and Australia. Australia are another team that are well drilled (did not lose a game qualifying), and they almost knocked Italy out of the last WC.

Then mayby throw in USA, and we could see England out.

J