whats the line up gonna look like?

zemmama and miller likely to be rested?

bamba out?

If those 3 don't make it, I'd like to see us go with

Stack
McCormack Hogg Murray Stevenson
Wotherspoon McBride Rankin/Cregg Galbraith
Riordan Stokes

Can't really change a solid defensive unit, but as we offered so little going forward against Hearts, Wotherspoon should be pushed up to RM as we know what he can do from that area.

Benji and Nish were awful against Hearts, don't really deserve a start. If those 3 players make it I'd be happy to see us go with

Stack
Wotherspoon Hogg Bamba Murray
Miller McBride
Zemmama Benji Riordan
Stokes

Jonnyboy
18-11-2009, 03:00 PM
If Bamba doesn't make it 'for any reason :wink:' I'd play Hogg and Hanlon in the middle. PH is surely worth a shout given his excellent performances at CH for the Scotland U21 side

hibee92
18-11-2009, 03:10 PM
If Bamba doesn't make it 'for any reason :wink:' I'd play Hogg and Hanlon in the middle. PH is surely worth a shout given his excellent performances at CH for the Scotland U21 side

good shout :agree: and murray left back that can easily be changed if it isn't working :agree:

Jonnyboy
18-11-2009, 03:11 PM
good shout :agree: and murray left back that can easily be changed if it isn't working :agree:

Exactly :agree:

Craig_in_Prague
18-11-2009, 03:12 PM
Exactly :agree:

:agree:

hibee92
18-11-2009, 03:24 PM
so assuming those 3 are out

stack
mccormack hogg hanlon murray
wotherspoon mcbride cregg galbraith
stokes riordan

for me anyway... galbraith deserves a wee chance and st mirren is a good place to prove himself
whoever takes millers place needs to step up a notch because miller and mcbride have been brilliant together :agree:

OtterHibee
18-11-2009, 04:14 PM
Even if Bamba is passed 'fit', I'd keep Hogg and Murray together at the back. IMHO those two work far better as a partnership than any of the other permutations we've tried this year. In fact after their performance at Tynecastle, I'd resist changing the back four at all, unless of course Zouma doesn't make it, in which case move Wotherspoon forward and put McCormack at RB. Cregg in beside McBride if Miller is out.

So something like:

.....................Stack......................
McCormack..Hogg..Murray..Stevenson
Wotherspoon..Cregg..McBride..Riordan
................Stokes..Benji................

Or ideally, if Miller and Zouma recover sufficiently:

.......................Stack...................... ...
Wotherspoon..Hogg..Murray..Stevenson
..Zemmama...Miller...McBride...Riordan..
...................Stokes..Benji..................

RoscoHibby
18-11-2009, 04:14 PM
I wouldn't mess about with Hanlon at CB this sat. One for the future, but at ER, they went with Higdon and Mehmet up front, both bigger and stronger then Hanlon, cant see him getting a game at CB. If Sol is out ( :pray: he isn't) and murray moves along, could see Hanlon in there before Louie though.

Hope that we go;

Stack

Wotherspoon bamba hogg murray

miller mcbride

Zouma Benji Deeks

Stokes

I agree re. Galbraith. Yogi should've kept the shape for the derby n started him where deek usually plays.

Brooster
18-11-2009, 04:22 PM
Hanlon carried off in closed doors match with Hamilton yesterday so you can pretty much rule him out. Zemmama and Miller also struggling.

500miles
18-11-2009, 04:56 PM
Considering that Bamba, Zemmama and Miller may be out, I would select the following.

......................Stack
McCormack..Hogg....Thicot..Murray
...............McBride..Stevenson
.Wotherspoon................Galbraith
..................Nish...Riordan

Stokes drops out, because of a performance which I felt was worse than Nish's, and the fact that Nish is handy when defending set pieces - as he proved against Hearts.

silverhibee
18-11-2009, 05:26 PM
Considering that Bamba, Zemmama and Miller may be out, I would select the following.

......................Stack
McCormack..Hogg....Thicot..Murray
...............McBride..Stevenson
.Wotherspoon................Galbraith
..................Nish...Riordan

Stokes drops out, because of a performance which I felt was worse than Nish's, and the fact that Nish is handy when defending set pieces - as he proved against Hearts.

Yogi wont drop Stokes.

Dashing Bob S
18-11-2009, 05:39 PM
Yogi wont drop Stokes.

Stokes is capable of doing something like he did at Ibrox. Don't think we've seen anything like the best of him yet. I'd keep him in.

Sir David Gray
18-11-2009, 06:43 PM
If everyone is fit;

Stack

Murray
Hogg
Bamba
Wotherspoon

Galbraith
McBride
Miller
Zemmama

Stokes
Riordan

SUBS

Makalambay
Hanlon
Stevenson
Cregg
Rankin
Nish
Benjelloun

007 Mickey Weir
18-11-2009, 06:52 PM
I thought defense looked solid enough so if Bamba is out I'd keep it the same. Drop Benji as he was gash against the ****. Put McCormack at RB and move Wotherspoon into RM if Zouma is out.
I think Galbraith needs his chance. I would also like to see Sean Welsh start getting into squad more.

Stack

Wotherspoon Hogg Murray Stevenson

McBride Miller (Cregg if injured)

Zouma Galbraith

Stokes Riordan

Maka
Rankin
Benji
Nish
Cregg / Welsh
McCormack / Thicot
Byrne

:notworthy:

erin go bragh
18-11-2009, 07:30 PM
st mudden have a few big heafers up front so i cant see yogi putting ph as ch against them.big difference between the under 21s and spl [size and experience ] if bamba does not make it id go with murray again no:wink:

erin go bragh
18-11-2009, 07:32 PM
I thought defense looked solid enough so if Bamba is out I'd keep it the same. Drop Benji as he was gash against the ****. Put McCormack at RB and move Wotherspoon into RM if Zouma is out.
I think Galbraith needs his chance. I would also like to see Sean Welsh start getting into squad more.

Stack

Wotherspoon Hogg Murray Stevenson

McBride Miller (Cregg if injured)

Zouma Galbraith

Stokes Riordan

Maka
Rankin
Benji
Nish
Cregg / Welsh
McCormack / Thicot
Byrne

:notworthy:
spot on mate:top marks

ancient hibee
18-11-2009, 08:02 PM
Interesting that the Maka or Stack argument has totally disappeared.

MyJo
19-11-2009, 08:05 AM
for me assuming no Bamba, Zoumer or Miller:

____________________Stack

McCormack______Hogg_____Murray_____Stevenson

Wotherspoon_____McBride___Cregg_____Galbraith

_______________Stokes_____Riordan

subs:

Maka
Thicot
Rankin
Welsh
Byrne
Nish
Benji

ahibby
19-11-2009, 08:38 AM
I'm gonna assume Bamba and Zemmama will play some part but Miller won't

Stack

Wotherspoon
Hogg
Bamba (Murray)
Murray (Stevenson)

Zemmama (Cregg)
Riordan
McBride
Rankin

Stokes
Nish

Judas Iscariot
19-11-2009, 08:42 AM
Interesting that the Maka or Stack argument has totally disappeared.

Hibs Spain has checked himself in to the Royal Ed, so there won't be much debate until he's out :agree:

If everyone is fit and available i'd go with..

Stack

Wotherspoon
Hogg
Bamba
Murray

McBride
Miller
Cregg

Zouma
Stokes
Deek