PDA

View Full Version : Farmer's Wheels @ Easter Road

MacBean
18-11-2009, 02:50 PM
Would you be happy with a stadium name change like that of Newcastle?
Its discussed on BBC today and big 'arry makes a point that football is changing.

We at hibs have a heritage and a tradition that we like to stick by and i like how we have Easter Road and the Yams have tynecastle

But if Farmer said, "I'll pump £5/10 Million into the team if you let me change the Stadium name to Farmer's Wheels @ Easter Road for 10 years?" to the directors.

(or a scaled down proposal to change the Main stand's name to Farmer's Wheels stand or soemthing...)

we fans would still refer to it as Easter road and we would still refer to each stand by their names.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/8366434.stm

What do you think about it? i think its just another step towards what football is becoming... another franchise sport like the NFL.

Hibee87
18-11-2009, 02:55 PM
If farmer wanted to change the name of a stand/the name of the stadium shirley he could do it without putting any money in? ive always wondered why you dont/didnt see kwik fit then farmers billboards around, or im just blind and never noticed if he did

MacBean
18-11-2009, 02:56 PM
If farmer wanted to change the name of a stand/the name of the stadium shirley he could do it without putting any money in? ive always wondered why you dont/didnt see kwik fit then farmers billboards around, or im just blind and never noticed if he did

very true, i was speaking hypothetically, it doesnt necessarily have to be internal, but say Mcewan Fraser thought, the the "McEwan Fraser stadium" sounded good...

StevieC
18-11-2009, 03:08 PM
You do know that we have already had the "Whyte and McKay" Stand?

May not have been widely publicised with anything on the stand itself, but I'm sure that it was named as such on tickets purchased for that stand.

:hmmm:

JE89
18-11-2009, 03:11 PM
We'd be lucky to get anywhere near £10million for it IMO.
Pretty sure Motherwell (I know we are a bigger club) got offered £300,000 a few years ago to call Fir Park 'The Real Radio Stadium' and they turned it down. Tried to find a link on BBC but couldn't so I may be talking absoulte bollocks here.

I like Easter Road. Though if we won the Scottish Cup due to heavy investment in the team as we changed our stadium name - I wouldn't lose any sleep over it :greengrin

MacBean
18-11-2009, 03:13 PM

May not have been widely publicised with anything on the stand itself, but I'm sure that it was named as such on tickets purchased for that stand.

:hmmm:

yeah i was aware of the whyte & Mackay stand, but wondered if it was still called so since the new sponsorship deal??

Kojock
18-11-2009, 03:42 PM
Farmers Wheels

This is becoming tyresome and all we are doing is going round in circles. A Goodyear for Yogi would see sponsorship rolling in. Rod tells us its more important to balance the books rather than service the debt or is he just full of air.

Hibercelona
18-11-2009, 03:47 PM
Farmers Wheels

This is becoming tyresome and all we are doing is going round in circles. A Goodyear for Yogi would see sponsorship rolling in. Rod tells us its more important to balance the books rather than service the debt or is he just full of air.

That one must have got the hamster wheel rolling in your head. :greengrin

monktonharp
18-11-2009, 04:23 PM

:hmmm:will always be the Dunbar End at the Holy Ground....to me:wink:

Dashing Bob S
18-11-2009, 04:31 PM
Genuinely surprised that Vlad hasn't wanted to name Slimecastle the Whatever His Useless Bank Is Called Stadium.

Probably because the association would not do the Lith bank brand any favours.