PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know anyone at Hibs willing to help?

JennaFletcher
18-11-2009, 03:29 PM
Hey everyone!

As you might or might not be aware, at the start of the academic semester, myself and a friend of mine set up the Edinburgh University Hibernian FC Supporters Society.

As you'd probably understand, it's vital we get some sort of response from the club so that we can actually run our society. Unfortunately, we've sent two emails already and no reply.

We're looking to organise a tour of the stadium and East Mains as well as see if we can get some sort of discount in the Hibs shop as a student society. In return, we can get up to 100 international students in to see a game (as we have been in contact with the International Students society who informed us one thing that the students like to see when visiting Edinburgh is a football match) and there can only be benefits with getting students involved with Hibs.

It's disappointing we have not had the courtesy of a reply yet, does anyone know anyone who would be willing to assist us?

It's important for me to stress, we are not asking for the world, just some support from the Club we've formed in admiration of! It would be disappointing for us to see the society fail because of a lack of communication from Hibs, which we've been repetitively trying to get in contact with.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Jenna

RoslinInstHibby
18-11-2009, 03:41 PM
Hey everyone!

As you might or might not be aware, at the start of the academic semester, myself and a friend of mine set up the Edinburgh University Hibernian FC Supporters Society.

As you'd probably understand, it's vital we get some sort of response from the club so that we can actually run our society. Unfortunately, we've sent two emails already and no reply.

We're looking to organise a tour of the stadium and East Mains as well as see if we can get some sort of discount in the Hibs shop as a student society. In return, we can get up to 100 international students in to see a game (as we have been in contact with the International Students society who informed us one thing that the students like to see when visiting Edinburgh is a football match) and there can only be benefits with getting students involved with Hibs.

It's disappointing we have not had the courtesy of a reply yet, does anyone know anyone who would be willing to assist us?

It's important for me to stress, we are not asking for the world, just some support from the Club we've formed in admiration of! It would be disappointing for us to see the society fail because of a lack of communication from Hibs, which we've been repetitively trying to get in contact with.

Jenna

was it Fyfe Hyland you e-mailed?

JennaFletcher
18-11-2009, 03:44 PM
was it Fyfe Hyland you e-mailed?

Anna Devine - commercial manager.

Asked that if she could forward details onto someone who would be willing to help if it wasn't her dept.

Not gonna lie - gutted with Hibs about this. Putting so much effort in it to try to make it work. I think am gonna have to phone them up??

Hibee87
18-11-2009, 03:52 PM

Asked that if she could forward details onto someone who would be willing to help if it wasn't her dept.

Not gonna lie - gutted with Hibs about this. Putting so much effort in it to try to make it work. I think am gonna have to phone them up??

When you email them, put a return email on the mail you send that way you know and have arecord of when/if the email is recieved also go on the website and send the email to as many addresses as you can find.

ive had issues before emailing them regaridng a season ticket a few month ago i had to send about 6 emails to different people before i got a reply

RoslinInstHibby
18-11-2009, 03:54 PM

Fyfe Hyland is commerical and communication director, give him a shout/e-mail. I have found him quite helpful in the past:thumbsup:

EskbankHibby
18-11-2009, 03:54 PM

I would phone them Jenna.

Not great by the club to be honest but emails are easy to ignore, phone them with your reasonable request and they will hopefully respond reasonably, as you say it may be in their long term interest.

I thought Hibs were getting better at the communication side of things but i have been disappointed with a few things recently.

Andy74
18-11-2009, 03:56 PM

One problem is that this is hardly ever a continuous club. I started one at uni and so have countless others and they all fall by the wayside. They should reply to you of course and tours etc should be doable but any ongoing things such as discounts or ticket deals will be tricky until you can show this is an ongoing club .

monktonharp
18-11-2009, 05:14 PM
One problem is that this is hardly ever a continuous club. I started one at uni and so have countless others and they all fall by the wayside. They should reply to you of course and tours etc should be doable but any ongoing things such as discounts or ticket deals will be tricky until you can show this is an ongoing club .can understand your point/s re-continuity,but the young lady has done quite a lot of work,judging by her posts over the last few months,and surely is due some kind of response? I had problems a couple of seasons ago trying to get a couple of players(via e-mails etc) along to our branch dance. because of the poor /lack of response from HFC,we stopped sponsorship of a first team player's strip in anger:grr:,since then I have had good assistance on another matter,from Anna Devine who I found very helpfull. so Jenna,phone her. she will talk to you and i'm sure she will help.

RIP
18-11-2009, 05:22 PM
Hey everyone!

Jenna

Sorry Jenna - but in the world of modern business, unsolicited emails are considered a very low priority. In most busy firms they would be completely ignored.

In my job I only use email once I have established a business relationship with the recipient and never before.

Please phone Anna or Fyfe and set up an appointment

Keep us updated with progress
Good luck

Jack
18-11-2009, 07:52 PM
I've only contacted the club twice and have had replies both times within hours.

Houchy
18-11-2009, 08:09 PM
When I was organising the longest day challenge, we spoke to Elaine and Fyfe who were both more than helpful. Elaines surname escapes me at the moment but I'll post it on here or PM you when I remember.

OtterHibee
18-11-2009, 08:10 PM
When I was organising the longest day challenge, we spoke to Elaine and Fyfe who were both more than helpful. Elaines surname escapes me at the moment but I'll post it on here or PM you when I remember.

Elaine Morrison is it not?

Godsahibby
18-11-2009, 08:10 PM
I think your best bet would be Elaine Morrison, she was very helpful to me over the summer arranging the Longest Day event.

Sir David Gray
18-11-2009, 08:11 PM

Elaine Morrison rings a bell.

Houchy
18-11-2009, 08:12 PM
Elaine Morrison rings a bell.

That's the one.:agree:

The Harp
18-11-2009, 08:20 PM
Hope you don't give up on it Jenna. Hate to hear of the Club not responding to reasonable requests from supporters' groups. I thought things had improved lately but looks like we've still got some way to go. As already mentioned, maybe phoning is the way to go. Hang on in there. Good luck.

JennaFletcher
18-11-2009, 09:09 PM
Thanks for all your responses and support everyone.

I find it disappointing that the club haven't responded to our emails, it would not take them up any considerable time and our requests are reasonable. However, it annoys me that if they don't get back to us, then our society will become defunct, if we can't say to our members "This is what we have. This is what Hibs can arrange for us" then we're not going to entice anyone to join/we're not going to have any members!

I'll take note and email Fyfe and try phoning them later on in the week, and if all else fails I can turn up at Hibs, chain myself to the front desk and refuse to burge until someone gives me 5 minutes of their time!!

:)

Judas Iscariot
19-11-2009, 09:28 AM
Elaine Morrison is it not?

Yep, Elaine is very helpfull :agree:

Last season, on the afternoon before the Hibs - Huns midweek top 6 game my GF decided that she wanted to propose to me at the game during Half Time :cool2:

She decided to do this around 3-4pm-ish I think, she phoned ER and got transferred to Elaine who couldn't have been more helpfull and sorted everything out and made sure it happened!

A few days later she got us back to ER early, before the game against Sellick on the Sunday for a interview, pics in the dugout, this was then in the HibsNews E-letter and we were down in the tunnel, changing rooms and met a few players before the game etc..

If you can get in touch with her, I'm sure her email is on the official site, I have no doubt that Elaine will do her best to help you out!!

Hope that helps :notworthy:

Gus
19-11-2009, 11:30 AM
Yep, Elaine is very helpfull :agree:

Last season, on the afternoon before the Hibs - Huns midweek top 6 game my GF decided that she wanted to propose to me at the game during Half Time :cool2:

She decided to do this around 3-4pm-ish I think, she phoned ER and got transferred to Elaine who couldn't have been more helpfull and sorted everything out and made sure it happened!

A few days later she got us back to ER early, before the game against Sellick on the Sunday for a interview, pics in the dugout, this was then in the HibsNews E-letter and we were down in the tunnel, changing rooms and met a few players before the game etc..

If you can get in touch with her, I'm sure her email is on the official site, I have no doubt that Elaine will do her best to help you out!!

Hope that helps :notworthy:

:thumbsup:Thats great that they did that.

Wish I could say we get some assistance for the Beers though, wont even get a ball off them:grr:

half.time.draw.
19-11-2009, 11:49 AM
Anna Divine.

Did you know she is Scot Nisbet's (ex Hun) ex wife?

Very Tidy if I say so my-self

Golden Bear
19-11-2009, 11:59 AM
On a different matter, I've had occasion to e mail the club recently (twice in fact) and to be honest I'm not sure if the guy concerned has the ability to respond to an e mail enquiry. It's very disappointing.

Get on the phone would be my advice - but let's face it that shouldn't be necessary.

Surely e mail is an accepted method of conducting business these days.

CMac1988
19-11-2009, 12:52 PM
Anna Divine.

Did you know she is Scot Nisbet's (ex Hun) ex wife?

Very Tidy if I say so my-self

Couldn't help but be nosey after you said she was quite Tidy, so...

Not the best photo, but its the only one of her on the web (outwith social networking site etc)! :greengrin

http://uk.linkedin.com/pub/anna-devine/a/a38/141

Judas Iscariot
19-11-2009, 01:46 PM
:thumbsup:Thats great that they did that.

Wish I could say we get some assistance for the Beers though, wont even get a ball off them:grr:

Have we contacted the "Correct" people though :confused:

sambajustice
19-11-2009, 01:46 PM
I've had a mixed bag with Hibs in my time. This latest one which is more to do with the catering company, Azure, than it is to do with actual Hibernian FC, is the hiring of the Forthview Suite in the Famous Five Stand.

they've pretty much pumped the price of the suite up by 20% on last years event, which is a sore one to take. Apparently its still a good deal though because its under what they'll usually charge.

They took in rakes (a lot more than they were anticipating) over the bar last year in drink and food, when I said it will be the same this year she just said "well you cant guarantee that so we can't take that into consideration" I'm a bit peeved by the whole situation.

Half a mind to write to someone at the actual football club to see if anything else can be done.

On the plus side though they were very very helpful last year and were really good with us. However we were good with them with the amount of money my event pumped into the club over the 2 days!!!

RIP
19-11-2009, 04:55 PM
On a different matter, I've had occasion to e mail the club recently (twice in fact) and to be honest I'm not sure if the guy concerned has the ability to respond to an e mail enquiry. It's very disappointing.

Get on the phone would be my advice - but let's face it that shouldn't be necessary.

Surely e mail is an accepted method of conducting business these days.

Sorry GB - I can't agree

The most effective means of conducting business is always face to face. A phone call to book an appointment will normally be required.

If a face to face appointment is not possible then a telephone meeting is next best. This could be along the lines of "I need 15 minutes of your time - when would suit?"

Failing that a letter requesting a meeting is next best

Email is the least effective method of conducting business but if you have a pre-existing business relationship with an individual and know they have a communication preference for email it still has it's place.

An unsolicited email (i.e. to someone who doesn't know you) is a very lazy, cheap and ineffective way to conduct business. Unsolicited emails are a complete waste of time for the modern busy businessperson and are quite rightly treated as spam.

Sorry - just trying to be realistic?!

Golden Bear
19-11-2009, 05:09 PM
Sorry GB - I can't agree

The most effective means of conducting business is always face to face. A phone call to book an appointment will normally be required.

If a face to face appointment is not possible then a telephone meeting is next best. This could be along the lines of "I need 15 minutes of your time - when would suit?"

Failing that a letter requesting a meeting is next best

Email is the least effective method of conducting business but if you have a pre-existing business relationship with an individual and know they have a communication preference for email it still has it's place.

An unsolicited email (i.e. to someone who doesn't know you) is a very lazy, cheap and ineffective way to conduct business. Unsolicited emails are a complete waste of time for the modern busy businessperson and are quite rightly treated as spam.

Sorry - just trying to be realistic?!

I agree with much of what you say. However in this instance the course of action was verbally agreed with the individual concerned. Sadly it seems as though he's too lazy to get off his butt and implement what was agreed.

half.time.draw.
19-11-2009, 05:29 PM

Not the best photo, but its the only one of her on the web (outwith social networking site etc)! :greengrin

She is about 44 now, if you had seen her around 21 she was a stunner, she was not a WAG for nothing.:devil:

Riordans Boots
19-11-2009, 06:17 PM
Jenna, have just looked out a match programme and found Elaines details. (Nowt on the official website)

Elaine Morrison 0131 656 7076 emorrison@hibernianfc.co.uk

Good luck :agree:

JennaFletcher
20-11-2009, 01:51 PM
Prior to the last post I have made, I've had a reply from Elaine Morrison (a few of you have mentioned her name/details) saying that they'll be able to organise a stadium tour for us and are working on our other requests :)

Glad to have some assistance finally, seems really nice too. Thanks for everyone's help. Really appreciated.

PS. I find it a bit too amusing when I see someone commenting on the 'fitness' of a member of staff from Hibs, lol.

JimBHibees
20-11-2009, 02:15 PM
I've had a mixed bag with Hibs in my time. This latest one which is more to do with the catering company, Azure, than it is to do with actual Hibernian FC, is the hiring of the Forthview Suite in the Famous Five Stand.

they've pretty much pumped the price of the suite up by 20% on last years event, which is a sore one to take. Apparently its still a good deal though because its under what they'll usually charge.

They took in rakes (a lot more than they were anticipating) over the bar last year in drink and food, when I said it will be the same this year she just said "well you cant guarantee that so we can't take that into consideration" I'm a bit peeved by the whole situation.

Half a mind to write to someone at the actual football club to see if anything else can be done.

On the plus side though they were very very helpful last year and were really good with us. However we were good with them with the amount of money my event pumped into the club over the 2 days!!!

If your not happy with them look for an alternate venue.

sambajustice
20-11-2009, 02:24 PM
If your not happy with them look for an alternate venue.

I am! But thats not the point!

You've got a great attitude you eh! Just as well you're not in any position of power at ER!

Deary me!

RIP
20-11-2009, 03:33 PM
She is about 44 now, if you had seen her around 21 she was a stunner, she was not a WAG for nothing.:devil:

Sorry - I can't understand this one. I'm just reaching my prime at 53 - Shirley Anna's best years are ahead of her - not behind?

PS. I find it a bit too amusing when I see someone commenting on the 'fitness' of a member of staff from Hibs, lol.

I notice you like Deek? Does he no need a burd? Somebody cleverer than him to be his Business Manager/WAG? :offski:

sleeping giant
20-11-2009, 03:38 PM

I have not read the rest of the thread.....

You are gutted with Hibs because you sent them 2 emails and you think you might have to phone us:confused:

Should something like this not be in writing anyway or can you not be bothered ?

sleeping giant
20-11-2009, 03:42 PM
Sorry Jenna - but in the world of modern business, unsolicited emails are considered a very low priority. In most busy firms they would be completely ignored.

In my job I only use email once I have established a business relationship with the recipient and never before.

Please phone Anna or Fyfe and set up an appointment

Keep us updated with progress
Good luck

:agree:
Exactly.

They must get bucket fulls of emails everyday from Hibs fans.

I would phone them Jenna.

Not great by the club to be honest but emails are easy to ignore, phone them with your reasonable request and they will hopefully respond reasonably, as you say it may be in their long term interest.

I thought Hibs were getting better at the communication side of things but i have been disappointed with a few things recently.

They are also easy to lose or forget about. I do it all the time:greengrin

sleeping giant
20-11-2009, 03:44 PM

:cool2:

Deary me. She'd do :agree:

sleeping giant
20-11-2009, 03:45 PM
Prior to the last post I have made, I've had a reply from Elaine Morrison (a few of you have mentioned her name/details) saying that they'll be able to organise a stadium tour for us and are working on our other requests :)

Glad to have some assistance finally, seems really nice too. Thanks for everyone's help. Really appreciated.

Glad you got sorted you stroppy mare:greengrin

CorrieHibs
20-11-2009, 03:48 PM
We need all the support we can get as well. Seeing Foreign students at easter road would be great to get our name round the world. :notworthy:

JimBHibees
20-11-2009, 04:45 PM
I am! But thats not the point!

You've got a great attitude you eh! Just as well you're not in any position of power at ER!

Deary me!

Lighten up FFS. All i was trying to say was you may have more of a leverage to get some reduction if you go back to them saying you have an alternate.

Judas Iscariot
20-11-2009, 10:59 PM

Why :confused: