PDA

View Full Version : U21 Standings

sunshine1875
18-11-2009, 11:53 AM
Have we got a good crop of youngsters coming through?

Looks good when you look at the U21 Euro tables.

http://www.uefa.com/competitions/under21/standings/index.html

We are top in our group level with Belarus, who we play away. Interesting the Republic of Ireland are bottom of their group having just lost 4-1 away to the giants of Armenia. England drew nil-nil away in Lithuania, but are well placed two points behind Greece with a game in hand. Wales, with their young stars, are top of their group, well ahead of Italy. Northern Ireland are sinking without trace in their group.

hibeeleicester
18-11-2009, 11:58 AM
I think the TA should start supporting these lads!! It would be great for them to see a full stadium and bolster their chances :agree: This is scotlands future.

patlowe
18-11-2009, 12:03 PM
They were also incredibly unlucky not to beat Austria away from home as well so they could easily be clear in that group. By all accounts the Belarus 21's are a good side so there's a long way to go but it definitely bodes well.

MacBean
18-11-2009, 12:21 PM
If you look at the squad there are some very talented players in there who feature regularly for their respective clubs in the SPL.

Caddis
Hanlon
Arfield
Fleck
Scobbie
Easton
McGinn
Goodwillie
Maguire

all of those players can make the grade and will become regulars in their own teams.

More money needs to be invested in our youths. Either that or we need to starting building more beaches and giving kids coke bottles to kick around or tennis balls to do keepie uppies with

Hibby Bairn
18-11-2009, 12:45 PM
Billy Stark for top team manager?

sunshine1875
18-11-2009, 04:46 PM
Highlights of the Azerbaijan 0 Scotland 4 game here:

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish_fa_news.cfm?page=383&newsID=5284

Some good goals.

With Austria winning 4-0 against Azerbaijan, they go 1 point ahead with them playing one game more. Could all come down to the final game against Austria in Scotland.

Not confirmed where that will be played, but it would be good it it was played at Easter Road.

Dashing Bob S
18-11-2009, 05:26 PM
If you look at the squad there are some very talented players in there who feature regularly for their respective clubs in the SPL.

Caddis
Hanlon
Arfield
Fleck
Scobbie
Easton
McGinn
Goodwillie
Maguire

all of those players can make the grade and will become regulars in their own teams.

More money needs to be invested in our youths. Either that or we need to starting building more beaches and giving kids coke bottles to kick around or tennis balls to do keepie uppies with

Stevenson

Wotherspoon

Billychaotic182
19-11-2009, 10:34 AM
Stevenson

Wotherspoon

As much as i like Stevenson i cant ever see him gettin a call.

oconnors_strip
19-11-2009, 03:59 PM
As much as i like Stevenson i cant ever see him gettin a call.

a call for what? he was in the squad on saturday and billy stark has been keeping a close eye on him lately.