PDA

View Full Version : Uncle Walter doesnt want it

hibsbollah
18-11-2009, 10:20 AM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/internationals/8365842.stm

--------
18-11-2009, 10:22 AM
Looks like everyone's stepping back to let the Chosen One (whoever he may be) through.... :cool2:

Golden Bear
18-11-2009, 10:33 AM
Excellent news.

Woody1985
18-11-2009, 10:34 AM
Excellent news.

:agree:

lapsedhibee
18-11-2009, 10:51 AM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/internationals/8365842.stm

Unless I'm misreading it, that's a report saying that he didn't want it in September.

Since then Katie has begun a media campaign to fill the team up with huns and ex-huns. Katie's public statements are way important enough to sway Wattie into reassessing his position.

NORTHERNHIBBY
18-11-2009, 10:54 AM
Excellent news.

In my opionion Uncle Walter does not deserve to be given the option to say that he does not want it.:no way:

hibsbollah
18-11-2009, 10:57 AM
Unless I'm misreading it, that's a report saying that he didn't want it in September.

Since then Katie has begun a media campaign to fill the team up with huns and ex-huns. Katie's public statements are way important enough to sway Wattie into reassessing his position.

It was reported an hour ago. Although theres no quote from him, i doubt the BBC would have reported it so strongly if they didnt have a good source.

"Rangers boss Walter Smith will not be replacing George Burley as the next manager of the Scottish national team. BBC Scotland has learned that Smith, 61, would not be interested in a return to the role he held from 2004 to 2007 before he left to return to Ibrox."

lapsedhibee
18-11-2009, 11:19 AM
It was reported an hour ago. Although theres no quote from him, i doubt the BBC would have reported it so strongly if they didnt have a good source.

Peeps in BBC Scotland footy division may have hidden agendas though. The report says that Wattie would work on at HunFC without a contract, not that he will work on. Perhaps someone is presenting a two-month old quote to play down Smith's interest in the Scotland job, in the hope that HunFC's new owners will keep him on at Ipox. If he gets punted from the Huns, there is no quote there to say he will not become Scotland manager again.

blackpoolhibs
18-11-2009, 11:32 AM
Great news, one less hun involved can only be good for the nation.:top marks

Dashing Bob S
18-11-2009, 12:31 PM
I reckon that Smith should be forced to take the job as punishment for being a total hun *srehole.

lapsedhibee
19-11-2009, 12:17 AM
I reckon that Smith should be forced to take the job as punishment for being a total hun *srehole.

Gordon Smith on SSN tonight emphasising that there's no hurry to appoint a new manager. When asked whether Walter Smith would be considered, even though he had ruled himself out, Gordon Smith declined to discuss individual candidates.

Hard not to suspect that the job is being kept open until it becomes clear whether the huns are going to punt Smith at the end of his contract.

monktonharp
19-11-2009, 12:47 AM
Gordon Smith is working himself hard,to become the biggest ******** in Scottish fitba' ever! the fact that he's already stated that any new manager for the job,can select ANY player he wants,and they can play if selected. Gutless prick o' a man!:clown:

crewetollhibee
19-11-2009, 01:06 AM
Gordon Smith on SSN tonight emphasising that there's no hurry to appoint a new manager. When asked whether Walter Smith would be considered, even though he had ruled himself out, Gordon Smith declined to discuss individual candidates.

Hard not to suspect that the job is being kept open until it becomes clear whether the huns are going to punt Smith at the end of his contract.
Exactly. So in other words, the future of our national team is dependant on whether or not the Huns make it to the Europa League ? FFS will you waken up you clowns at the SFA. You are guardians of the game in Scotland, yet you act as if it was a play at the local church hall that you were involved in.