PDA

View Full Version : Next four matches

MacBean
18-11-2009, 10:09 AM
Thinking ahead for our season, i can see the next four games being very influential on how it pans out.

St Mirren (a)
Falkirk (h)
Motherwell (h)
Kilmarnock (a)

Looking at those fixtures the pesimist in me says we will drop at least 5 points, starting on Saturday.
The optimist is banging the back of my head saying we can take all 12.

to go in to the festive period with another 8-12 points under our belt would keep up the pressure on the Ugly sisters and keep us on our road to European football.

What are your expectations? how do you see us doing?

:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

Hibee87
18-11-2009, 10:20 AM
the next 4 games will be hard in their own way.

St mirren (i dont think we have won away in paisley for a number of years) will be a tough game this weekend. saints are no push overs and it took a benji late goal to win last time.

Falkirk, Agin i think falkirk will start to rise the table soon with recent signings they have added to the team easpecially up front and dont see it being a walk over. howver being at home i think we will shade it.

Motherwell at home, I think we have the potential to give them another humping. Motherwell are the only team this season i have seen attacking us which left them very vulnirable at the back whihc the boys took ful advantage of. Gannon has played a system whihc makes me think he will do the same so unlike most teams who try to sit in at e.r and defend which frustrates the strikers i see this one being a great game possibly a 4-2 game somthing like that.

Killie away, my memory tellme that killie away is a horrible day for us. dont see us winning there,

So i see us getting between 7 to 8 points. draw v st mirren. 2 home wins and either a defeat or draw away to killie :notworthy:

The Sea-gull
18-11-2009, 10:30 AM
All of the next 4 are very winnable but this is Hibs so they are all loseable too.

Think anything less than 7 points is dissappointing. I'll go for 9 out of the 12. Wins at St Mirren and the two home games and a defeat to Killie.

That would be very reasonable from these games. Looking further ahead, we have some tough games over Xmas/New Year.

I'll predict the following:-

Dec 19th away to Aberdeen - lose (they'll be up for this after feeling cheated at ER).

Dec 27th Huns at home - win, we usually beat one of the OF at ER once a season and this could be the one.

Dec 30th St Johnstone away - lose. A probable cold and or wet Wednesday night in Perth in the middle of the holidays, Hibs don't ever seem to be up for these sort of games no matter what form they are in.

January 3rd - Hearts at home - draw. always tough to precict and who knows how either team will be by then. Home advantage should count but we may have to settle for a point.

That would be 13 out of 24 which doesn't sound great but I doubt many teams will get better than this level of consistency and we already have a few points in the bag.

Given that I have been a wee bit peesemistic I think that this is the minimum we will achieve by the end of the turn of the year which would be ok.

M8UDB
18-11-2009, 10:36 AM
If we play like we did last week then i cant see us getting many points. :boo hoo: Hopefully we have a full strength team again and we can get back to winning ways but as said in another post St Mirren are not an easy team to beat, i think this game will be the toughest out of the next 4. I would be extremely happy with a wee 1-0 or 2-1 against St Mirren and i think if we beat them then the good run will continue (depending on injuries) and we can take at least 10 from the next 12 points.
:notworthy:

jonny
18-11-2009, 10:52 AM
Defeat to Killie!? Really? No way. Past results dont have any bearing on my feelings towards the upcoming fixtures. we're a different team with different players now and just because we've not done very well there the past few seasons doesnt mean we cant beat them this time round.
Next 4 games = 10 points (at least!)

The 4 games after that are a bit more tricky, but even then I dont fear playing anyone just now, OK the derby performance was a bit below par but there is not a team in the league that we cant beat. Im hoping for 20 out of the next 24 points.

That should take us about 3 points clear at the top of the league, then people might start to take me seriously when i tell them that we'll get to the champions league.

:greengrin

Ritchie
18-11-2009, 10:56 AM
i predict 9/10 points with us only dropping point against st mirren. :agree:

NORTHERNHIBBY
18-11-2009, 11:01 AM
Whilst we are more than capable of taking all the points on offer, if we get six points from the home games, and anything at all from the others, I would be content with that. The home form is crucial. We are such an up and down team though, and it could well be that a win in Paisley sets us for a clean sweep, while a defeat could set us up for nil points.:rolleyes:

mim
18-11-2009, 11:05 AM
Maybe not many will agree, but, from what I've seen in highlights programmes - which can be misleading, St Mirren are not just hard to beat, they are actually a good side.

I will be very pleased if we take something from the game on Saturday. :agree:

Winning home games and drawing away games is enough to be challenging for third, so 8 points from the 4 games will be a good return and keep us on course for a good finish.

We are actually 2 points behind that target just now, having played 6 at home and 5 away.

blackpoolhibs
18-11-2009, 11:21 AM
The next 4 games are the games we should be looking forward to. If we have any thoughts of making a european place, then we need to be taking between 8 and 12 points from them. We have to keep taking full points from our home games. Easter road should be a place every team hates coming to, we are slowly doing this.:thumbsup:

And picking up points away, is the key to a top 4 finish. 2 draws would be fine, a win and a draw would be great.:pray: As the OP says, we will know a lot more about our team after these games.

Dinkydoo
18-11-2009, 12:17 PM
If we don't pick up 9 points or more I'd be very disappointed as this team (manager included) looks as whole, very promising and if we can't expect a good run of form and a high placed finish this season, then when can we...?

Hibercelona
18-11-2009, 12:24 PM
I don't think we'll lose any of those games, but we will grind out a couple of draws.

So I will say 8 points out of 12, which I think would be quite acceptable.

ahibby
18-11-2009, 12:25 PM
I am fairly certain that Saturday will be the start of a slide because

St Mirren is never an easy away game
St Mirren are indeed a good side
We were a bit fortunate at ER earlier against them
We have injuries to contend with
We have had the disruption of internationals and many of our players have been away the past fortnight
There have been rumours of fall outs in our camp

All the above add up to a very difficult Saturday ahead of us and the smart money should be on a home win. However we are the famous Edinburgh Hibees and we should play an open game against them because they will come at us and we should want it to come down to who can finish better. If we are at our best there would only be one outcome in that scenario, but how many injuries???? Bamba, Zemmama and Miller all possibly unfit and we will find it very difficult.

Dashing Bob S
18-11-2009, 12:33 PM
Ah...a thread relating to Hibernian Football Club. Who they? Do we care?

Is it not far more important and better fun to speculate on what deadbeat the corrupt and complacent weedgie OF establishment will bring in to do the mission impossible job of Scotland manager?

CMac1988
18-11-2009, 12:35 PM
I'd be happy to take 8 points, but dont really expect any more than that.

6 points from our home games, and hopefully a couple from the away games, although i can see this as being tough games where we'll need to grind out for a draw.

hibbie02
18-11-2009, 12:54 PM
These are the games we need to win, but usually don't manage to do so. I think we will get 8 or 9 points, as one game at least will be a major disappointment. Its the Hibs way.......:agree:

Craig_in_Prague
18-11-2009, 04:09 PM
I expect 10 points.

If we're settling for 3rd, I'd take 8. :greengrin

jgl07
18-11-2009, 04:15 PM

We have had the disruption of internationals and many of our players have been away the past fortnight

St Mirrren have been at this ground for nearly a year and have won ONE league match there. That was against Hearts so it hardly counts.

Too much bigging up the opposition for my liking.

hibiedude
18-11-2009, 04:31 PM
Both home game should be wins

Saturday's game against St Mirren is winnable

The hardest being Killie away and we should be looking at 1 point at least

So no less that 10 in my opinion

euro Hibby
18-11-2009, 04:35 PM
we need 1o points minimum which allows 1 draw and 3 wins.

Keith_M
18-11-2009, 04:41 PM
There was a period over the festive season during the "Great Adventure" where, I think, Hibs won something like four games in a row and practically killed off the competion for the title.

Although we aren't going for silverware, I get the feeling about the next four games that they have the potential of doing something similar, this time of putting Hibs in a fantastic position for a European place.

This being Hibs, though, I wouldn't bet on anything.

JimBHibees
18-11-2009, 04:56 PM

All the above add up to a very difficult Saturday ahead of us and the smart money should be on a home win. However we are the famous Edinburgh Hibees and we should play an open game against them because they will come at us and we should want it to come down to who can finish better. If we are at our best there would only be one outcome in that scenario, but how many injuries???? Bamba, Zemmama and Miller all possibly unfit and we will find it very difficult.

What was this about?

HibbyAndy
18-11-2009, 06:22 PM
I can see us winning all of those games to be honest, and right hard on the heels of the old squirm come January.

hibs7062footbal
20-11-2009, 08:48 PM
if we take 8pts from these games this will keep us on target for 3rd place,any more would be a bonus.:flag::scarf:

brydekirk
20-11-2009, 08:59 PM
dundee utd are going to be chasing us all the way we need 10 points from these games.:agree:

AFKA5814_Hibs
20-11-2009, 09:39 PM
Although they are now at a new ground, Hibs haven't won in their last 6 visits away to St Mirren. Our last win there was over 10 years ago.

These are games which could tbh, could go either way. After these games we could be sitting very pretty in 3rd place or even better or we could just as easily be overtaken by Dundee United and Motherwell. Hibs WILL go through a slump at some point this season.

Personally I think we will win a couple, draw one and lose one.

erin go bragh
20-11-2009, 10:27 PM
12 points:wink:

CallumLaidlaw
20-11-2009, 10:41 PM
i'd like 8 points. We are 7 games unbeaten so will lose one soon tho, so maybe 7 points from the next 4 games is where we should be looking. Very few teams go 11 games in a row without a defeat

lucky
20-11-2009, 11:41 PM
Cant believe how negative fans on here are. WE are 3rd in the table and are winning games when not playing well. rather than heading to slump in form surely we should thinking things are going to get better by winning and playing well.

It seems some on here are not happy unless we are losing. we are supporters so start supporting

so its 12 points for me

Pete
21-11-2009, 12:04 AM
I'll be happy going unbeaten...but I'd be dissapointed if we didn't win our home games.

Nothing to be scared of but plenty to be wary of.

Broken Gnome
21-11-2009, 12:24 AM
Cant believe how negative fans on here are. WE are 3rd in the table and are winning games when not playing well. rather than heading to slump in form surely we should thinking things are going to get better by winning and playing well.

It seems some on here are not happy unless we are losing. we are supporters so start supporting

so its 12 points for me

I can't believe people take such offence at supposed 'negativity'. It's basic realism. When have Hibs ever, in recent times at least, EXPECTED to win an away game in the SPL? Hamilton anyone? If you expect success from Hibs, history dictates you're likely to be sorely disappointed. Hibs are well capable of winning at any ground in the SPL, we're hardly at the stage where we can predict they will with any undying faith though.

sunshine1875
21-11-2009, 08:16 AM
Interesting that the stats in the EEN yesterday, showed that we are ranked 1st out of the 12 teams for results against the "top-6" and ranked 4th for results against the "bottom-6".

Which shows (compared to those around us) that we tend to do better against the better teams than the poorer teams. For us to take it to the next level, we have to start winning these four games. They will all be difficult, but if we stand proud, work hard and take our chances then we should come out with wins. But they will not be easy games and it may come down to whether or mavericks turn it on or not. I am sure that will be the message that Yogi will pass on to the players.

To me, the next four games will show me whether our players as individuals and as a team have that desire to take it to the next level.

Thinking ahead for our season, i can see the next four games being very influential on how it pans out.

St Mirren (a)
Falkirk (h)
Motherwell (h)
Kilmarnock (a)

Looking at those fixtures the pesimist in me says we will drop at least 5 points, starting on Saturday.
The optimist is banging the back of my head saying we can take all 12.

to go in to the festive period with another 8-12 points under our belt would keep up the pressure on the Ugly sisters and keep us on our road to European football.

What are your expectations? how do you see us doing?

:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

Steve20
21-11-2009, 09:01 AM
5 pts

Dashing Bob S
21-11-2009, 09:08 AM
It's almost impossible to tell with Hibs. This side are a work in progress and haven't gelled as much as their talent suggests they can. One scenario is that we can and will, continue to do well, play better all the time and use our strikers to get us out of jail when need be.

However, I think that in the next round of eleven games it will be very hard to emulate what we've already done. The pitches and weather conditions will start to favour the artisans, so I expect us to drop more points. I'd happily take 21 from 11 again, but I think about 14-16 is more likely.

I'd hope we'd readjust after the New Year, and hopefully come very strong at the end of the season to qualify for Europe.

Not being negative, just trying to be realistic.

sahib
21-11-2009, 09:33 AM
We need to win all four games to exert any pressure on the OF.

brydekirk
21-11-2009, 10:03 AM

so its 12 points for me

:agree::thumbsup: well said. we have a good team & a good manager, forget the past. something good is happening down easter road way.:thumbsup:

Keith_M
21-11-2009, 05:59 PM
i predict 9/10 points with us only dropping point against st mirren. :agree:

Well, that's one game gone and you're right so far, fingers crossed

:wink:

matty_f
21-11-2009, 06:39 PM
Having dropped two points (or picked up a point) today, I think 9 points from the next 3 should definitely be the target.

Falkirk are on the up, but we are a better side. I'd say we are better than 'Well and Killie, too.

That said, we're better than St Mirren and scrapped a draw out today, so who knows!?

truehibernian
21-11-2009, 08:07 PM
Interesting though this season that our better performances have come against teams who also like to play football on the ground and spread it around. We won well against Falkirk, Well and drew a game that we should have put to bed against United. Games v St Mirren and Killie are always going to be tough away from home because of the type of workmanlike sides they are. Weather can also be a huge factor. At ER this year we have been lucky and had decent, dry days. Pretty confident we will get 6 points v Falkirk and Well due to the game being more open and attacking. Would settle for a battling point at Rugby Park.

The Voice Of Reason
21-11-2009, 08:16 PM

so its 12 points for me

Sorry, but this is one of the most ridiculous posts I have read on here for a while (almost as bad as Chukie's "How many will we score against Hearts" Thread!) :faf: :faf:

Listen to Yogi's interview today - he is saying that we will NOT split the OF. He says he is not being negative, just realistic.

"We are supporters so start supporting".....what is that all about ?!?!? If we were playing Brazil, Barcelona and Chelsea in our next 3 games I would confidently predict that we would lose all 3 games....that doesn't mean I don't support the team.