PDA

View Full Version : Come In Agent Burley...

Dan Sarf
18-11-2009, 09:11 AM
your job is done - according to Mad:

From BBC Football gosspip:

Hearts owner Vladimir Romanov believes George Burley landed the Scotland job as a reward for the damage he did at Tynecastle, which, he claims, kept the Old Firm dominance intact. (The Sun)

Do you think it's possible Vlad could be right? Or is he being provocative? Or is he simply not well in the head? Or is there another reason for his latest claim?

:greengrin

Hibbyradge
18-11-2009, 09:15 AM
Er, the Yams were top of the league and unbeaten before Vlad sacked him.

Even without Burley, and despite Romanov's interference, Hearts ended up second.

That suggests the OFs dominance was being threatened.

Vlad's a lunatic.

Peevemor
18-11-2009, 09:24 AM

Even without Burley, and despite Romanov's interference, Hearts ended up second.

Vlad's a lunatic.

Do you think that Vlad realises that the SFA and the SPL aren't the same thing?

Hibs Class
18-11-2009, 09:26 AM

Hearts owner Vladimir Romanov believes George Burley landed the Scotland job as a reward for the damage he did at Tynecastle, which, he claims, kept the Old Firm dominance intact. (The Sun)

Do you think it's possible Vlad could be right? Or is he being provocative? Or is he simply not well in the head? Or is there another reason for his latest claim?

Not well in the head, although he probably confirmed the accuracy of his opinion by checking with George Foulkes.

Hibee87
18-11-2009, 09:53 AM
MADCAP Vladimir Romanov last night claimed George Burley was rewarded with the Scotland hotseat for wrecking Hearts!
Tynecastle owner Vlad was quick to stick in the knife after Burley's sacking on Monday by the SFA.

Lithuanian Romanov never saw eye to eye with Burley while he was boss of Jambos in 2005.

The banker blasted: "The time Burley spent at the helm of the national team demonstrated again that Scottish football has no future while it continues to be dominated by the clubs from Glasgow.

"It is not surprising that he was sacked - I was shocked when he was hired.

"He was awarded the Tartan Army boss' position for the damage he had done to Hearts.

"He was given the job not because he was a good manager, but for being a loyal servant of the system.

"With him in the driving seat of the national team and with the Old Firm controlling the situation, Scottish football has made another step down in its negative development."

Ironically, current Hearts gaffer Csaba Laszlo is 9/1 to get the Scotland job.

And when contacted by SunSport Laszlo's agent Antonio Carlo said: "There will be a lot of people who think the national coach should be a Scot.

"But in the case of Csaba you can make an exception because he's been in the country for a year and a half now.

"He knows Scottish football and has worked with the Hungarian and Ugandan national teams.

"He's a charismatic coach and I'm sure the Tartan Army would love him."

Leo Beenhakker is also willing to talk to the SFA.

The former Holland, Ajax, Real Madrid and Poland boss is currently director of football with Dutch side Feyenoord.

Beenhakker, 67, said: "It was a surprise to hear my name mentioned.

"However, if the Scottish federation make official contact with me then I will listen and privately give them my answers."

poolman
18-11-2009, 10:49 AM

Vlad's a lunatic.

Aint that a fact :agree:

Hibs7
18-11-2009, 11:38 AM
He is not called mad Vlad for nothing .... the man is an out and out CLOWN. Long may he have an association with Hearts.

Bad Martini
18-11-2009, 12:07 PM
Im keen to hear Mr Romanov's every word. I trust anyone who goes out and buys practical items such as submarines and this is only further strengthened by his string of unbroken promises including champions league fitba and challenging the Old Firm....

givescotlandfreedom
18-11-2009, 12:26 PM
If it's for damaging Hearts then put your money on the next Scotland manager being a Chris Robinson/Vladimir Romanov dream team.

YehButNoBut
18-11-2009, 12:57 PM

Vlad's a lunatic.

Don't agree, his time at Hearts has been a fantastic spell............................................. ............if you are a Hibby. :thumbsup:

Marabou Stork
18-11-2009, 01:34 PM
And when contacted by SunSport Laszlo's agent Antonio Carlo said: "There will be a lot of people who think the national coach should be a Scot.

"But in the case of Csaba you can make an exception because he's been in the country for a year and a half now.

:hilarious:hilarious:hilarious:hilarious:hilarious :hilarious

Bostonhibby
18-11-2009, 07:15 PM

On the basis that everthing else he prophesised has come into being, this can only be true as well.
If only Burley had stayed to enjoy the CL win and to take up what would have been his office in the £51m stadium, it has a 2 bar electric fire!

:crazy:

PaulSmith
18-11-2009, 07:18 PM
To be fair some of Vlad's comments about the SFA and the OF are no different to the guys who post "OF Shame", "SFA GTF", "Ugly Sisters" and the likes on here.

Bostonhibby
18-11-2009, 07:22 PM
To be fair some of Vlad's comments about the SFA and the OF are no different to the guys who post "OF Shame", "SFA GTF", "Ugly Sisters" and the likes on here.

:agree: but I am always prepared to make an exception :wink:

Mixu62
19-11-2009, 12:07 AM
If Burley got the Scotland job as a "reward for wrecking Hearts" then I wonder what Vlad can look forward to? Smith's wife, daughter, house, car and butt plus the keys to the city of glasgow?

Steve-O
19-11-2009, 07:01 AM
:faf:

Vlad is funny :greengrin

Sylar
19-11-2009, 08:52 AM
MADCAP Vladimir Romanov last night claimed George Burley was rewarded with the Scotland hotseat for wrecking Hearts!
Tynecastle owner Vlad was quick to stick in the knife after Burley's sacking on Monday by the SFA.

Lithuanian Romanov never saw eye to eye with Burley while he was boss of Jambos in 2005.

The banker blasted: "The time Burley spent at the helm of the national team demonstrated again that Scottish football has no future while it continues to be dominated by the clubs from Glasgow.

"It is not surprising that he was sacked - I was shocked when he was hired.

"He was awarded the Tartan Army boss' position for the damage he had done to Hearts.

"He was given the job not because he was a good manager, but for being a loyal servant of the system.

"With him in the driving seat of the national team and with the Old Firm controlling the situation, Scottish football has made another step down in its negative development."

Ironically, current Hearts gaffer Csaba Laszlo is 9/1 to get the Scotland job.

"He knows Scottish football and has worked with the Hungarian and Ugandan national teams.

"He's a charismatic coach and I'm sure the Tartan Army would love him."

Leo Beenhakker is also willing to talk to the SFA.

The former Holland, Ajax, Real Madrid and Poland boss is currently director of football with Dutch side Feyenoord.

Beenhakker, 67, said: "It was a surprise to hear my name mentioned.

"However, if the Scottish federation make official contact with me then I will listen and privately give them my answers."

:bitchy: