PDA

View Full Version : Greggs Willie Gibson, Dunfermline

Jack
18-11-2009, 07:51 AM
My Pars buddy has told me the chat around East End Park at the weekend was of this guy coming to us.
Yogi went to see him in September but that didn't quite work out as he got sent off!
Since then he's been 'On fire'. On Saturday he scored two and set up the other one.
Left winger type; fast as; hot headed.
'Was it not Woods we were after?' I asked 'doubt it' he said 'he's been *****e this season.'

GlesgaeHibby
18-11-2009, 08:04 AM
My Pars buddy has told me the chat around East End Park at the weekend was of this guy coming to us.
Yogi went to see him in September but that didn't quite work out as he got sent off!
Since then he's been 'On fire'. On Saturday he scored two and set up the other one.
'Was it not Woods we were after?' I asked 'doubt it' he said 'he's been *****e this season.'

I remember being very impressed with Gibson during the friendly game we played against the Pars in July. He was the best Dunfermline player that day.

oneone73
18-11-2009, 08:08 AM
Didn't he play for QoS against us in the Cup? He was on loan from Kilmarnock then? Would rather see Gablraith given his chance, tbh

IWasThere2016
18-11-2009, 08:11 AM

Gibson has been playing well .. but there is no chance we'd ignore Galbraith and sign him IMHO

Stevie Reid
18-11-2009, 08:47 AM
Was really surprised when Killie let him go in the summer, was always impressive whenever I saw him. As I recall he came on for them at half time in the 4-2 game against us at ER last season and helped them win the half 2-0 with ten men. His use of the ball that day was excellent.

Looks a handy player but as others have said, Galbraith surely deserves a decent chance with his pedigree and obvious attributes.

matty_f
18-11-2009, 08:47 AM
Gibson has been playing well .. but there is no chance we'd ignore Galbraith and sign him IMHO

That's my thoughts as well - Galbraith has looked promising in his appearances so far, so I can't see us being in a rush to fill that position when there are other areas needing strengthened first.