PDA

View Full Version : Scotland players 'too thick' says (Craig) Burley

Alicky Ranks
17-11-2009, 11:39 PM
http://thescotsman.scotsman.com/sport/Players-were-39too-thick39-says.5833151.jp

Do you think this could apply to other teams? eg Hibs under Collins. Were the players just not smart enough to take on board the manager's long-term philosophy? Or was he just not good enough as a manager?

Peevemor
17-11-2009, 11:52 PM
If the players didn't understand what he wanted them to do then the problem lies with Burley. They're footballers not brain surgeons and the manager should be capable of communicating with them.

Speedy
18-11-2009, 12:09 AM
Am I right in thinking that is was Craig Burley not George Burley that said that?

OtterHibee
18-11-2009, 12:16 AM
Am I right in thinking that is was Craig Burley not George Burley that said that?

:agree:

Hibby Bairn
18-11-2009, 05:35 AM
Problem is that most of our coaches and administrators are ex-footballers and therefore also similarly thick. Either try not to be too smart or speaka de lingo.

Wenger is clever and a brilliant communicator and MANager. Ferguson just speaka de lingo!

Hughes will probably be in the speaka de lingo camp.

s.a.m
18-11-2009, 07:06 AM
I heard him on the radio, and he seemed to be talking more about players' attitude to playing for their country, and handling themselves at that level.(that's not what I meant and you know it. You should be ashamed of yourself :rolleyes:.) The following of tactics seemed to be a bit of an aside.

greenginger
18-11-2009, 07:54 AM
Any player who lets their Country down by stupidly getting himself ordered off in a vital World-Cup match must be really thick.

Is'nt that right Craig !!!!!

Bad Martini
18-11-2009, 11:15 AM
Craig Burley makes a good point

He also forgets he was pish himself and wasn't the smartest player on the pitch.

Must run in the family :rolleyes:

Like I say though, impossible to disagree with his assessment of the current crop of players in the National Squad...in the main. Mainly with over inflated egos and lack of pride. Whether they like or get on with the manager should become irrelevant when they take to the pitch - 110% effort shouldnt be hard to muster for 90mins!

ENDOF

NORTHERNHIBBY
18-11-2009, 06:46 PM
Third rate hack, nearly falling off the radar since the demise of satanic needs publicity. Sees a chance, cos for the first time ages, someone actually wants his opinion. Not cos it's his opinion, but cos the fired Scotland manager is his uncle. So he lets rip, and....££££££. Agent lets out a sigh of relief, and puts away the application form for " I'm a celebrity", for another year.

judas
18-11-2009, 06:48 PM
http://thescotsman.scotsman.com/sport/Players-were-39too-thick39-says.5833151.jp

Do you think this could apply to other teams? eg Hibs under Collins. Were the players just not smart enough to take on board the manager's long-term philosophy? Or was he just not good enough as a manager?

I think in Hibs case the manager was too crap for the players.

Make no mistake, on the basis of what we have seen so far, Collins is no manager. In this respect, his ego far outweighs any talent.

sh00byd00
18-11-2009, 07:19 PM
Hopefully they merge our national football team with our rugby team and come up with a new sport under the name - Rugball.

We'll become number 1 in the world ... well, at least until another nation enters the fray anyway.

Twa Cairpets
18-11-2009, 07:24 PM
Craig Burley is an arrogant tool with an opinion of himself far, far in excess of what might be justified by any reasonable means of measurement.

It might be helpful, one would think, that a pundit understands the laws of the game?

"Last man, he's got to go" erm, naw.
"Lifted his hands, got to go" erm, naw
"A hand ball is a hand ball, has to be a penatly" erm, naw

Utter fud