PDA

View Full Version : New entry system

blackhibee
18-11-2009, 12:33 AM
I was just wondering if there is any news about when these new cards are coming out to replace the season tickets? I know it was meant to be before the Falkirk game.

OtterHibee
18-11-2009, 01:15 AM
I was just wondering if there is any news about when these new cards are coming out to replace the season tickets? I know it was meant to be before the Falkirk game.

They're to be delivered at some point this week according to the most recent newsletter.

Raymond
18-11-2009, 11:41 AM
My 2 Boys got theirs this morning but nothing for me yet!

PerthHibby
18-11-2009, 12:32 PM
My son got his also this morning, no sign of mine.

maturehibby
18-11-2009, 01:08 PM
My 2 Boys got theirs this morning but nothing for me yet!

me too is it anti ageist ? and can we sue

Jay
18-11-2009, 01:27 PM
Mine has just arrived but no sign of my sons. You still go through the turnstyles as normal but instead of handing over a ticket the operator scans your card.

28th November for west stand, 5th Dec for the rest.

JimBHibees
18-11-2009, 01:28 PM
Mine has just arrived but no sign of my sons. You still go through the turnstyles as normal but instead of handing over a ticket the operator scans your card.

28th November for west stand, 5th Dec for the rest.

Will there be turnstyle people to check cards.

Jay
18-11-2009, 01:38 PM
Will there be turnstyle people to check cards.

The turnstyle operator scans it with a hand held scanner it says.

Hibs90
18-11-2009, 01:51 PM
Got mine this morning!

JimBHibees
18-11-2009, 01:53 PM

So it isnt automatic just assumed you would be able to walk up, show the card to some reading device adn the turnstyle would allow you in.

Houchy
18-11-2009, 02:04 PM
So it isnt automatic just assumed you would be able to walk up, show the card to some reading device adn the turnstyle would allow you in.

I know this works elsewhere ie hunbrox and darkheid aswell as grounds in the Premiership but I always wondered how this would be policed ie what's to stop someone buying their kid a concession ticket and using it themselves? I know of a couple of celtc fans that do this at darkheid.

Caversham Green
18-11-2009, 02:23 PM
I know this works elsewhere ie hunbrox and darkheid aswell as grounds in the Premiership but I always wondered how this would be policed ie what's to stop someone buying their kid a concession ticket and using it themselves? I know of a couple of celtc fans that do this at darkheid.

Down here if a concession card is put through the scanner a light goes on above the gate. There are stewards hanging around inside the gate and if they see an adult coming through when the light is on they nab him.

I'm guessing the arrangment with a turnstyle operator scanning the tickets is temporary as I would have thought the main reason for introducing the system would be to save the operators' wages.

Hibbie_Cameron
18-11-2009, 02:42 PM

Yeah thats how it works. Anyone who was at Tynie the other week would have noticed when you handed over your ticket they scanned it and were let through

Lofarl
18-11-2009, 03:36 PM
So whats the odds of the scanner breaking down then :greengrin

greenlex
18-11-2009, 05:05 PM
So whats the odds of the scanner breaking down then :greengrin
My ticket wouldnt scan at Tynie. The Lassie swore at it and just let me in anyway. :wink:

ChrissyG1875
18-11-2009, 05:43 PM

Whats the point in that? It doesn't save time or wages, it's exactly the same as tickets.

.Louise.
18-11-2009, 05:46 PM
Mine arrived today!!

matty_f
18-11-2009, 05:57 PM
I take it that it's only the kids concessions tickets that will flag up, how are they going to decide if a student one is being used properly? :dunno:

SunnyLeither
18-11-2009, 06:31 PM
how are they going to decide if a student one is being used properly? :dunno:

Cue a long list of anti-student jokes :thumbsup:

matty_f
18-11-2009, 07:13 PM

:greengrin

I was just thinking that it's going to hold things up somewhat if they're checking folk for their Levellers CDs, Pot Noodles and rolling papers.:greengrin

.Sean.
18-11-2009, 09:32 PM
Me and my Auld Man recieved ours this morning aswell... I thought it would be a machine you put the card into, like at Celtic Park. Never knew there would be a guy with a scanner.

Cool_Hand_Luke
18-11-2009, 09:46 PM
Whats the point in that? It doesn't save time or wages, it's exactly the same as tickets.

Maybe a bedding in period to iron out any problems. Once they are sure everything is working fine they'll maybe get rid of the guy operating it and just have the scanners :dunno:

Sprouleflyer
18-11-2009, 09:54 PM
Me and my Auld Man recieved ours this morning aswell... I thought it would be a machine you put the card into, like at Celtic Park. Never knew there would be a guy with a scanner.

I think the guy with the scanner is there to make sure that an adult is not trying to get in with a concessionary ticket.

woody47
18-11-2009, 10:03 PM
My son got his also this morning, no sign of mine.

Same here. Looks like the kids tickets are beng sent out 1st.

Jay
18-11-2009, 10:06 PM
Same here. Looks like the kids tickets are beng sent out 1st.

My sons didn't arrive but mine did.

NOLA
18-11-2009, 10:06 PM
is this the same card system that has caused problems at ibrox recently?

Removed
18-11-2009, 10:10 PM

Arab where are you :duck:

Oh and my kids got theirs today but no sign of mine

ArabHibee
18-11-2009, 10:19 PM
I take it that it's only the kids concessions tickets that will flag up, how are they going to decide if a student one is being used properly? :dunno:

:greengrin

I was just thinking that it's going to hold things up somewhat if they're checking folk for their Levellers CDs, Pot Noodles and rolling papers.:greengrin

Arab where are you :duck:

Here I am! :greengrin

Well that's me flucked with my student concession season ticket if I'm gonna have to dress up and act like a bloody student!! :grr:

Jay
18-11-2009, 10:22 PM
Here I am! :greengrin

Well that's me flucked with my student concession season ticket if I'm gonna have to dress up and act like a bloody student!! :grr:

I have a disabled carers ticket and my disabled person I care for is unable to come to most games now so I'll be chasing people in wheelchairs before the game if they start checking :greengrin

Danderhall Hibs
18-11-2009, 10:26 PM
I have a disabled carers ticket and my disabled person I care for is unable to come to most games now so I'll be chasing people in wheelchairs before the game if they start checking :greengrin

If you've got a disabled carers ticket and you're not caring for anyone disabled you should be letting the club know the change of circumstance.

:stirrer:

Removed
18-11-2009, 10:28 PM
If you've got a disabled carers ticket and you're not caring for anyone disabled you should be letting the club know the change of circumstance.

Or just buy a wheelchair for ArabHibee :devil:

Jay
18-11-2009, 10:37 PM

I am caring for someone disabled but he cant make some games due his ill health- should I not go or tell the club and make up the difference? Its swings and roundabouts as my son has to pay full kids price because I dont.

Scouse Hibee
19-11-2009, 09:38 AM
My son's arrived yesterday but not mine, the accompanying letter stated you can buy a bespoke wallet to keep the card in for £1 from ticket office or club shop. I thought they might have supplied it free as with ST's but I suppose having done it once already this season they have to keep the costs down.

Ceske Bairn
19-11-2009, 09:52 AM
This kind of system has been in place at the Bairnabau since August. Works quite well.

Although we do it all ourselves in that we swipe the ST card/insert the ticket barcode oursleves.

Although there is a steward outside the turnstile if it were all to go a bit pete tong.

FFC use a company called StadiaCard.

Quite handy that you can just "top up" your ST card too when a cup game comes along etc. Plus you can use it to get discounts at retailers across Falkirk District.

jazthehibby
19-11-2009, 10:49 AM

Mine arrived on Tuesday morning, NO sign of my daughters yet though

TornadoHibby
19-11-2009, 11:24 AM
My sons didn't arrive but mine did.

Mine too (yesterday that is!) :wink:

If Only
19-11-2009, 11:55 AM

Do you think you will catch them????

Jay
19-11-2009, 12:15 PM
Do you think you will catch them????

Not a chance - I'll probably end up needing a wheelchair myself :greengrin