PDA

View Full Version : Xmas footie tournament

sadtom
17-11-2009, 11:08 PM
Noticed that the first (sketchy) details are out for the hibs kids tourney on the official site.
It says that the tourney will be at east mains on Sun 13 dec and that details will arrive through the letter boxes soon. then it says you have to advise of your attendance by this fri!!!!
Not received anything myself yet, anybody got theirs?

Its the first year that my 2 are able to go to the fitba, they were a bit bored at the panto the last year so they were quite looking forward to being old enough for the touney.
The only thing is i hope Hibs take into account that a lot of the kids who will want to go, play for clubs on the sunday morning and that is the last weekend of games for the essda fixtures. I hope its scheduled for the afternoon.
Even if its midday my lads are away to hutchie that day and if its a 10.30 KO then its only going to leave about 30 mins to get from the west side of town to east mains.

Hope someone can enlighten me as to what time its due to start.

Toaods
17-11-2009, 11:40 PM
Noticed that the first (sketchy) details are out for the hibs kids tourney on the official site.
It says that the tourney will be at east mains on Sun 13 dec and that details will arrive through the letter boxes soon. then it says you have to advise of your attendance by this fri!!!!
Not received anything myself yet, anybody got theirs?

Its the first year that my 2 are able to go to the fitba, they were a bit bored at the panto the last year so they were quite looking forward to being old enough for the touney.
The only thing is i hope Hibs take into account that a lot of the kids who will want to go, play for clubs on the sunday morning and that is the last weekend of games for the essda fixtures (up to U11's). I hope its scheduled for the afternoon.
Even if its midday my lads are away to hutchie that day and if its a 10.30 KO then its only going to leave about 30 mins to get from the west side of town to east mains.

Hope someone can enlighten me as to what time its due to start.

last time I saw the footie was when my nephew was down for it at the Porty Pitz. Wasn't really anything too serious and the teams were hashed together based loosely on height and sex. If your lads are keen players they may not find it up to much.

May have changed since the training centre opened though...:cool2:

sadtom
18-11-2009, 09:08 AM
last time I saw the footie was when my nephew was down for it at the Porty Pitz. Wasn't really anything too serious and the teams were hashed together based loosely on height and sex. If your lads are keen players they may not find it up to much.

May have changed since the training centre opened though...:cool2:

Ta.
They wont be fussed about how good or bad it is, any excuse for a kick about. They have defo out grown the panto though.

Anyone know when its due to start:dunno:?
The club aren't leaving much time to sign up for it.

p.s. Did anyone else get the info through the post about the festive mascot 'deal' (cough, cough)? Is there an 'Ouch! that's no' cheap smiley'?

Jay
18-11-2009, 10:01 AM
Last time we were there a few years ago it was a shambles. My son was put in one team with 5 players and were playing against a team of 6, two of the other team didn't turn up so they took my boy and stuck him in the other team making his original team have 4 and the other 5 :confused:

About halfway into the very short game the missing boys turned up so they told my boy to move back again, after scoring a couple of goals for his new team. He moved and scored a goal for the new, original team but it wasn't enough and they were knocked out and his day was over. Great eh?

We've never made the effort to go back even though I heard it was much better organised now.