PDA

View Full Version : Darren Barr

johnbc70
17-11-2009, 12:44 PM
Eddie May has apparently admitted that Darren Bar has recieved an offer from another club which will be worth 4x his current Falkirk salary. No mention of who the club was but wonder if this is us making a move.

Apparently you can speak to the agent of the players to discuss possible terms but cannot speak to the player themselves until January so that is why the details are known.

Source - Falkirk fan who was at an online webchat that Falkirk run for their fans where they can question the manager.

Assuming he is one of Falkirks highest paid I am guessing 4x his salary would put him into the top bracket of earners at ER, unless he is getting peanuts at Falkirk.

Dashing Bob S
17-11-2009, 12:48 PM
Eddie May has apparently admitted that Darren Bar has recieved an offer from another club which will be worth 4x his current Falkirk salary. No mention of who the club was but wonder if this is us making a move.

Apparently you can speak to the agent of the players to discuss possible terms but cannot speak to the player themselves until January so that is why the details are known.

Source - Falkirk fan who was at an online webchat that Falkirk run for their fans where they can question the manager.

Assuming he is one of Falkirks highest paid I am guessing 4x his salary would put him into the top bracket of earners at ER, unless he is getting peanuts at Falkirk.

If thats the case its the championship or the uglies for DB. Not heartbroken, tbh.

--------
17-11-2009, 12:51 PM

[ :faf::faf::faf::faf::faf: THAT's a good rule! :rolleyes: ]

Are Rangers allowed to deal in transfers? Maybe this is Mowbray looking for a replacement for Dumb or Dumber? England? Or us? :hmmm:

Franck is God
17-11-2009, 12:54 PM
I would expect 4 x his current salary to be no more than £3k per week.

He is at the end of his first professional contract that I doubt will be worth much more than £500-£800 per week. Falkirk probably can't afford to go much more than £1200-1500 for their top players so the likes of Aberdeen, Dundee Utd, Hibs & Hearts could all over him favourable terms.

I suppose it's just a case of who does he want to play for? If he has any sense he will avoid the Old Firm and he could get lost in the Championship.

RIP
17-11-2009, 01:18 PM
With a smaller squad under Yogi would we be paying £2000 - £3000 per week for our top players?

Barr signed a renewal 3-year contract in 2007 - would you reckon £500-£700 per week?

He's 5'10" according to the Falkirk FC site

Where would Yogi play him?

IWasThere2016
17-11-2009, 01:19 PM

:agree:

Petrie's Tache
17-11-2009, 01:39 PM
Woo woo, it could be us then. I still think Barr we be a Hibby come Jan.:agree:

MB62
17-11-2009, 02:02 PM
IF he signed for us, I would look at this as being a good signing, a kind of right side Ian Murray, the laddie can play both right back and centre half.
It would allow Spoonie to move further up the field where I feel he will be a much better player for us, although he is doing fine whilst learning how to play right back.

Still, plenty time to get excited or otherwise about January signings.

hibbybrian
17-11-2009, 02:47 PM
He's 5'10" according to the Falkirk FC site

Where would Yogi play him?

He's an inch taller than a certain John Henderson Blackley :wink: who turned in some more than useful performances in central defense :thumbsup:

weststand1973
17-11-2009, 03:07 PM

Guy on BBC fans forum ( Falkirk ) saying 5x current salary. Get in sorted Petrie, we want 7 :greengrin

ancient hibee
17-11-2009, 04:29 PM
Useless agent to let a prospective purchaser know what he's earning now.Good luck to him-hope it's not us -overrated.

mjhibby
17-11-2009, 04:57 PM
If i was a betting man(which im not)i think its 95% certain he will sign a precontract with us in the first week in january and sign for us mid january after the clubs haggle over the transfer fee.If not he will be at er for next season.Would be a great addition to the squad as he is versatile and would possibly be a direct replacement if and when bamba goes.Benji looks to on his way at the end of season so maybe he could be away in january with Someone else coming in though i think he will stay for zemmammas sake.:thumbsup:

Dashing Bob S
17-11-2009, 05:00 PM
Obviously, it's in Eddie May's best interests to talk this up and try and get a fee for him before the window. I think he should have been thinking along those lines last summer though. Barr might sit tight and pocket a signing on fee.

Green_one
17-11-2009, 05:06 PM
He's an inch taller than a certain John Henderson Blackley :wink: who turned in some more than useful performances in central defense :thumbsup:

Sloop was a god though. Probaby the best sweeper Hibs have had when I have been watching them (ignoring Frank and Pat, who both started in midfield)

And he played beside a centre half who was no giant (under 6 foot)

Cropley10
17-11-2009, 05:28 PM
Personally think it's highly unlikely that Barr will sign for us.

Hope I'm wrong.

Ray_
17-11-2009, 06:54 PM
Sloop was a god though. Probaby the best sweeper Hibs have had when I have been watching them (ignoring Frank and Pat, who both started in midfield)

That's why Celtic kept on scoring five & six goals against us:greengrin

500miles
17-11-2009, 07:40 PM

Has the avarage height of football players not increased by about 4 inches since then?

ancient hibee
17-11-2009, 09:22 PM
Has the avarage height of football players not increased by about 4 inches since then?
While their ability to control a football has decreased by about 60%?

500miles
17-11-2009, 09:45 PM
While their ability to control a football has decreased by about 60%?

If you have a point, gonnae please come out with it?

PC Stamp
17-11-2009, 09:59 PM

And no use .... if it's "Cilla" Black you are talking about!

I'd almost wager that the real Cilla would have done a better job against Dixie Deans. :greengrin

Definitely the weakest link in the Tornadoes for me.

Gerrintaethem
17-11-2009, 10:33 PM
All this talk about height is a non starter. One of the games finest ever centre backs in Fabio Cannavaro is only 5 ' 9.

Velma Dinkley
17-11-2009, 11:05 PM
And no use .... if it's "Cilla" Black you are talking about!

I'd almost wager that the real Cilla would have done a better job against Dixie Deans. :greengrin

Definitely the weakest link in the Tornadoes for me.

How rude!

ahibby
18-11-2009, 12:37 PM
Benji looks to on his way at the end of season so maybe he could be away in january with Someone else coming in though i think he will stay for zemmammas sake.:thumbsup:

I am not so sure that Zemmama would be much bothered. He has his wife and child now as companions. I think Benji needs him more than he needs Benji.

Petrie's Tache
18-11-2009, 12:51 PM
I am not so sure that Zemmama would be much bothered. He has his wife and child now as companions. I think Benji needs him more than he needs Benji.

Agreed, give Zemmama and improved contract on a long term deal with his wife and child settled he may well stay around for a while.

ano hibby
18-11-2009, 12:57 PM
I would expect 4 x his current salary to be no more than £3k per week.

He is at the end of his first professional contract that I doubt will be worth much more than £500-£800 per week. Falkirk probably can't afford to go much more than £1200-1500 for their top players so the likes of Aberdeen, Dundee Utd, Hibs & Hearts could all over him favourable terms.

I suppose it's just a case of who does he want to play for? If he has any sense he will avoid the Old Firm and he could get lost in the Championship.

This is the interesting bit for me. We are all very presumptious that he will come to us but arguably Rantic + these 4 teams could all be interested in him..will we really win a bidding war (salary) against these guys. Obviously hope we do but think we should lower our optimism a wee bit.