PDA

View Full Version : NHC Arabs out of order?

Hibs On Tour
17-11-2009, 11:06 AM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_prem/8363473.stm

For once, I agree with the lot from 0141... bad form treating any fans like that...

Mon Dieu4
17-11-2009, 11:07 AM

For once, I agree with the lot from 0141... bad form treating any fans like that...

Not when its the Huns its not :thumbsup:

IWasThere2016
17-11-2009, 11:07 AM

Its the Huns .. seems fair to discriminate in this circumstance to me :greengrin

bingo70
17-11-2009, 11:10 AM

They'll still have to cover costs themselves though, i'm sure stewarding and policing costs a fair whack when the old firm come to town so i can understand why they have to charge something.

Think when a games called off it's just one of those things that's bad luck but nothing really you can do about it.

Antifa Hibs
17-11-2009, 11:13 AM
They'll still have to cover costs themselves though, i'm sure stewarding and policing costs a fair whack when the old firm come to town so i can understand why they have to charge something.

Think when a games called off it's just one of those things that's bad luck but nothing really you can do about it.

Exactly. :agree:

They'll still have policing and stewarding costs to cover for 6000 Weegies.

If they're covering costs, that is understandable, if they're making profit, then thats out of order.

Sylar
17-11-2009, 11:18 AM
The Rangers fans will still need to travel again though, which is a cost in itself. Added to that another £13 (as the original tickets were £26) to get in, plus something to eat, it is a bit of a joke. I agree that Dundee United would be out of pocket when they cover their own costs though, so it's a doubled edged sword really!

I'd suggest that Rangers should put a free beamback of the game to Ibrox, but that would still mean travel costs for a lot of them :wink:

crewetollhibee
17-11-2009, 11:21 AM
The Rangers fans will still need to travel again though, which is a cost in itself. Added to that another £13 (as the original tickets were £26) to get in, plus something to eat, it is a bit of a joke. I agree that Dundee United would be out of pocket when they cover their own costs though, so it's a doubled edged sword really!

I'd suggest that Rangers should put a free beamback of the game to Ibrox, but that would still mean travel costs for a lot of them :wink:
That's true. Have you seen the price of a ferry ticket recently ? :devil:

MacBean
17-11-2009, 11:27 AM

How many of the bluenoses will be from Dundee/Perth/Creiff/ other surrounding areas? Not all of thier fans will be travelling from Glasgow.
I believe there are 4/5 buses that leave from Dunfermline alone every week to go to Greyskull?

Sylar
17-11-2009, 11:29 AM
How many of the bluenoses will be from Dundee/Perth/Creiff/ other surrounding areas? Not all of thier fans will be travelling from Glasgow.
I believe there are 4/5 buses that leave from Dunfermline alone every week to go to Greyskull?

I kinda thought the second part of my post would have covered that point? :wink:

MB62
17-11-2009, 11:30 AM
It's standard practice and we have had to do the same thing ourselves at least a couple of times that I can remember.

I think getting in for half price is fair enough to help cover costs. If they don't like it they don't have to go.

Steve20
17-11-2009, 11:30 AM
It is out of order to charge anything. If this had been a Hibs match, then every person on here would have agreed witht that, I am sure.

I suppose it is Rangers, though. :faf:

Hibs On Tour
17-11-2009, 11:36 AM
It is out of order to charge anything. If this had been a Hibs match, then every person on here would have agreed witht that, I am sure.

That was my take :wink:

bingo70
17-11-2009, 11:41 AM

Not every person :wink:

I can appreciate clubs are skint these days so nee to cover costs, what happened for the original fixture was just unlucky, Utd can't be expected to make a big loss here, they're in no financial position to do that.

Hibs On Tour
17-11-2009, 11:47 AM
Exactly. :agree:

They'll still have policing and stewarding costs to cover for 6000 Weegies.

If they're covering costs, that is understandable, if they're making profit, then thats out of order.

Dunno if its just the way I'm reading it but it comes across as though it was stated initially that the stubs would be valid for the replayed game and now that's being gone back on. That was more my point. Bit off if they said the stubs would be valid, so folk kept them instead of getting their money back at the time only to be told now that they're gubbed for it.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_prem/8340462.stm
http://sport.stv.tv/football/134617-abandoned-dundee-united-rangers-match-re-scheduled/

Even if it is Rangers...!

bingo70
17-11-2009, 11:51 AM
Dunno if its just the way I'm reading it but it comes across as though it was stated initially that the stubs would be valid for the replayed game and now that's being gone back on. That was more my point. Bit off if they said the stubs would be valid, so folk kept them instead of getting their money back at the time only to be told now that they're gubbed for it.

Even if it is Rangers...!

I would be surprised if Utd committed to that so soon after the game was called off, i imagine fans were advised to keep there stubbs until they knew what the arrangements were going to be.

If it was up to me i'd charge them double for the re-match :agree:

Hibs On Tour
17-11-2009, 11:55 AM
I would be surprised if Utd committed to that so soon after the game was called off, i imagine fans were advised to keep there stubbs until they knew what the arrangements were going to be.

If it was up to me i'd charge them double for the re-match :agree:

Should maybe be something the SPL/SFA/whoever come up with some standard practice for how to deal with it in that regard. As much so that the fans don't get messed around [as we always do anyway] and both clubs know from the get-go what the set-up will be... Just a thought likes?

MacBean
17-11-2009, 11:58 AM
I kinda thought the second part of my post would have covered that point? :wink:

missed that!! oops

:offski:

NGP
17-11-2009, 11:58 AM
The SPL should help out here - say 50% of the costs for stewards / police, then the home team coud just charge a nominal amount - £5.00? There has be some kind of charge for supporters, but a game being stopped due to poor weather, although unusual, will happen in Scotland so the SPL should have a policy in place to support the home team.

Hibercelona
17-11-2009, 12:17 PM
They will be paying 1.5x the cost for 1.5x a game.

Makes sense to me tbh.

danhibees1875
17-11-2009, 12:19 PM
Was there not a similar situation with a Hibs vs Dundee match years ago?

Fans got in for £1 for the rearranged game. :dunno:

Think it was called off due to snow...

Sir David Gray
17-11-2009, 12:39 PM
I read this last night and I think Dundee Utd are totally out of order here.

The tickets for the last match should be valid for the rearranged fixture.

Dashing Bob S
17-11-2009, 12:42 PM
Totally agree with United's stance. Who wants those vile, minging, sectarian bigots in their town?

If they don't like it they are under no obligation to buy tickets.

Damn them all to hell.

degenerated
17-11-2009, 12:45 PM
i don't remember there being a uproar when it happened to us at perth after a match was called off at half time because of the snow a few years back.

bobbyhibs1983
17-11-2009, 12:48 PM
i think this half price tickets is a good idea as alot of people have said dundee united have to cover cost, i wonder if rangers could arrange buses from glasgow for suports from glasgow?but then again i doubt they have the money,

Franck is God
17-11-2009, 01:03 PM
£13 per fan is a lot to cover costs. I doubt Sky will have asked for half the match fee back because it was abandoned...

Perhaps a nominal cost for a fan with a ticket stub from the original game is fair but should certainly be no more than a few quid, maybe as much as a fiver but that should be the maximum.

Think United are a bit out of order with this.

dangermouse
17-11-2009, 01:21 PM
Was there not a similar situation with a Hibs vs Dundee match years ago?

Fans got in for £1 for the rearranged game. :dunno:

Think it was called off due to snow...

From what I remember fog was the reason that the game was abandoned and IIRC entry to the re arranged tie at ER was free.

Oops, just remembered our televised game against Dundee a few seasons ago being abandoned for snow, think we were being beaten at the time. Don't know if any charge was made for the replay which IIRC we lost :grr:

Peevemor
17-11-2009, 01:25 PM
From what I remember fog was the reason that the game was abandoned and IIRC entry to the re arranged tie at ER was free.

Oops, just remembered our televised game against Dundee a few seasons ago being abandoned for snow, think we were being beaten at the time. Don't know if any charge was made for the replay which IIRC we lost :grr:

That was only because Hibs didn't have any vouchers/stubs/whatever available. There was a bumper 8,000 crowd at ER for the free-for-all replay.
Them were the days. :greengrin

AndyM_1875
17-11-2009, 01:27 PM
i don't remember there being a uproar when it happened to us at perth after a match was called off at half time because of the snow a few years back.

I was at both matches and IIRC the second game was a much reduced price of a fiver to get in.
Naturally HIbs played crap and lost 1-0.

I think DU are out of order here.

Jack
17-11-2009, 01:32 PM
I wonder if Dundee Utd. would take the same stance if Rangers [and Celtc] hadn’t introduced that money grasping selfish 5% premium on away tickets.

In my own wee world I’d like to think they wouldn’t so that I can rejoice in yet more OF efforts towards supremacy and domination smacking them back in the puss!

Well done Cake Utd.

[Do DU season ticket holders pay???]

Keith_M
17-11-2009, 01:47 PM
I was just about to post on this subject.

I think it IS out of order. I personally think the Rangers fans should boycott the game.

IMHO, anyone holding ticket stubs from the first game should be charged a nominal amount (say £5) and I'm sure that'll cover Utd's costs for the game.

Mon Dieu4
17-11-2009, 01:52 PM

I think it IS out of order. I personally think the Rangers fans should boycott the game.

IMHO, anyone holding ticket stubs from the first game should be charged a nominal amount (say £5) and I'm sure that'll cover Utd's costs for the game.

I think they should boycott every game & give us peace from their drivel:agree:

hibsbollah
17-11-2009, 01:57 PM
A very generous gesture from Dundee Utd. I would have charged them double.

dirtydirk
17-11-2009, 01:59 PM

We got a game abandoned a few years back against st Johnstone due to snow. The game should have never started but supposigly if its played too half time, the club are under no obligation to refund anyone. From what I remember it was a fiver for the rescheduled match

Keith_M
17-11-2009, 02:03 PM
I think they should boycott every game & give us peace from their drivel:agree:

Post of the day.

:thumbsup:

MrSmith
17-11-2009, 02:14 PM
agreed right up until I read this:

A Rangers statement read:
"We advised Dundee United that taking a decision which would leave supporters out of pocket would not in our view be right."Where was right when they decided to levvy a fee (5%) for selling tickets to their own fans for other clubs?

Their hypocracy and contradictions are priceless! :grr:

erin go bragh
17-11-2009, 04:48 PM

only charging £12 [any fans yes, not animals [should have charged them full price:wink: get it right up them:greengrin

blackpoolhibs
17-11-2009, 04:51 PM
This is the huns we are talking about here, charge the ****ers treble, and put the pies up a pound too. Rip the pish out them, they deserve it

CropleyWasGod
17-11-2009, 04:55 PM

And who pays the costs, then?

matty_f
17-11-2009, 05:26 PM
Dunno if it's been mentioned already, but it's not only fans with stubs from the first game that will get in half price.

Utd are letting anyone in for 50% off - which I think makes their decision more pallatable.

degenerated
17-11-2009, 05:31 PM
I was at both matches and IIRC the second game was a much reduced price of a fiver to get in.

how much was it to get into the first game though?

ArabHibee
17-11-2009, 09:35 PM

£13 per fan is a lot to cover costs. I doubt Sky will have asked for half the match fee back because it was abandoned...

Perhaps a nominal cost for a fan with a ticket stub from the original game is fair but should certainly be no more than a few quid, maybe as much as a fiver but that should be the maximum.

Think United are a bit out of order with this.

Bollocks to the lot of you. **** the Huns, mon the Arabs!! :thumbsup:

ronaldo7
17-11-2009, 09:39 PM

:top marks

Sir David Gray
17-11-2009, 09:44 PM
And who pays the costs, then?

If this was happening several times a season then fair enough but matches being abandoned are a very rare thing and I think Dundee Utd are more than capable of paying for policing costs for this rearranged match, without charging fans even more.

I know that if I was in that position, I would be extremely unhappy at having to pay around £40 to see a game of football.

Very poor show, IMO.

Dunno if it's been mentioned already, but it's not only fans with stubs from the first game that will get in half price.

Utd are letting anyone in for 50% off - which I think makes their decision more pallatable.

But, as I have touched on in my comments above, fans who were at the original game have already paid their £26, or whatever it was, and now they are being asked to pay another £13 to be allowed in to see the rescheduled game.

So they will have to pay almost £40 to see a game of football that was originally going to cost them £26.

Whereas, as you have already pointed out, other fans who weren't at the first match, can go to this game for just £13.

It's just not right as far as I'm concerned.

ArabHibee
17-11-2009, 09:50 PM
If this was happening several times a season then fair enough but matches being abandoned are a very rare thing and I think Dundee Utd are more than capable of paying for policing costs for this rearranged match, without charging fans even more.

Are you not aware that DUFC are in financial difficulties, similar to Rankgers?

Removed
17-11-2009, 09:54 PM

Nutter :tee hee:

CropleyWasGod
17-11-2009, 10:07 PM

... and stewards, turnstile staff, catering staff, ticket printing, electricity. Their costs for the two games will be exactly that... twice the cost of one game. They didn't save anything by the game being abandoned.

So, given that they will be getting the income of a game and a half, I think they are being more than fair.

Sir David Gray
17-11-2009, 10:19 PM
Are you not aware that DUFC are in financial difficulties, similar to Rankgers?

Yes I am aware of that but I still think that they would be able to let those who had tickets, for the original match, in with their stubs without having to worry about the looming threat of administration.

By all means charge those fans, who didn't have tickets for the original match, full price for this game. I just don't agree with charging the people who were at the first game, a total of almost £40.

I would like to think that if this game had been at Ibrox, Rangers would have done it that way, despite their financial problems, which you rightly point out.

I just think this is plain greed on Dundee Utd's part and I would be pretty disappointed if it was Hibs doing this.

clerriehibs
17-11-2009, 10:30 PM
The united chairman Thompson is gibbering a bit here;

"We've also had complaints about the date, which was not chosen by us - it was chosen by the other club," said Thompson.
"I spoke to the Rangers chief executive Martin Bain and he said it was entirely up to us because it was our home fixture and they have no influence over it."

So ... was it your choice or their choice? Make yer mind up!

clerriehibs
17-11-2009, 10:32 PM
... and stewards, turnstile staff, catering staff, ticket printing, electricity. Their costs for the two games will be exactly that... twice the cost of one game. They didn't save anything by the game being abandoned.

So, given that they will be getting the income of a game and a half, I think they are being more than fair.

Catering's a way to bring more money in ... I don't think that can be put down as a cost to justify charging entrance again!

CropleyWasGod
17-11-2009, 10:36 PM
Catering's a way to bring more money in ... I don't think that can be put down as a cost to justify charging entrance again!

Catering I will give you. All the rest, though, are fixed and have to be paid whether anyone goes or not.

ArabHibee
17-11-2009, 10:49 PM
Yes I am aware of that but I still think that they would be able to let those who had tickets, for the original match, in with their stubs without having to worry about the looming threat of administration.

By all means charge those fans, who didn't have tickets for the original match, full price for this game. I just don't agree with charging the people who were at the first game, a total of almost £40.

I would like to think that if this game had been at Ibrox, Rangers would have done it that way, despite their financial problems, which you rightly point out.

I just think this is plain greed on Dundee Utd's part and I would be pretty disappointed if it was Hibs doing this.

I would see your point if they were charging the full price but they're not. I think to charge them half is fair.

People keeping ticket stubs etc just opens another can of worms with the fans who attended who didn't keep their ticket stubs.

Unfortunately, we will never know what would have happened if it had been at Ibrox but I'd put money on them charging full price for it - weegie barstewards!!

The united chairman Thompson is gibbering a bit here;

"We've also had complaints about the date, which was not chosen by us - it was chosen by the other club," said Thompson.
"I spoke to the Rangers chief executive Martin Bain and he said it was entirely up to us because it was our home fixture and they have no influence over it."

So ... was it your choice or their choice? Make yer mind up!

FFS!! Usual media lazyness when writing this article! :grr:
Listen to the interview and you will find that Stephen Thompson is talking about 2 completely different things:

"We've also had complaints about the date, which was not chosen by us - it was chosen by the other club," said Thompson. This is about the date of the replay.

"I spoke to the Rangers chief executive Martin Bain and he said it was entirely up to us because it was our home fixture and they have no influence over it." This was about the decision to reduce the ticket price and was approx a further minute into the interview after the previous quote.

So he's no gibbering! :cool2:

clerriehibs
17-11-2009, 10:51 PM
I would see your point if they were charging the full price but they're not. I think to charge them half is fair.

People keeping ticket stubs etc just opens another can of worms with the fans who attended who didn't keep their ticket stubs.

Unfortunately, we will never know what would have happened if it had been at Ibrox but I'd put money on them charging full price for it - weegie barstewards!!

FFS!! Usual media lazyness when writing this article! :grr:
Listen to the interview and you will find that Stephen Thompson is talking about 2 completely different things:

"We've also had complaints about the date, which was not chosen by us - it was chosen by the other club," said Thompson. This is about the date of the replay.

"I spoke to the Rangers chief executive Martin Bain and he said it was entirely up to us because it was our home fixture and they have no influence over it." This was about the decision to reduce the ticket price and was approx a further minute into the interview after the previous quote.

So he's no gibbering! :cool2:

ach, you've spoiled it ...

ArabHibee
17-11-2009, 10:58 PM
ach, you've spoiled it ...
:greengrin

StevieC
17-11-2009, 11:01 PM
Fans pay for a full game and for half a game .. fans get to see a full game and half a game.

Seems fair enough to me.

:dunno:

Did the police and stewards give a 50% discount on their costs because the game only lasted 45 minutes???

CropleyWasGod
17-11-2009, 11:04 PM
Did the police and stewards give a 50% discount on their costs because the game only lasted 45 minutes???

Did I just see a pig fly past my window?

Edit.... nope, it was a pigeon carrying an invoice from Tayside Police for TWO matches...

basehibby
18-11-2009, 12:25 AM
Not every person :wink:

I can appreciate clubs are skint these days so nee to cover costs, what happened for the original fixture was just unlucky, Utd can't be expected to make a big loss here, they're in no financial position to do that.

:agree: Absolutely - the main thing would be that Utd shouldn't be looking to profit out of the arrangement - at half price and a midweek crowd (and hopefully win bonuses) there's a good chance they'll be making a small loss as it is.
The arrangement makes sense to me - last time out the fans paid full price and got half a match. This time they'll pay half price and (hopefully) watch a full match.
Of course it makes my heart bleed that some huns will have to fork out on extra bus fares, but thems the breaks :greengrin

Joe Baker II
18-11-2009, 12:40 PM
We had had 2 abandoned games v Dundee (at ER and Dens) in last 25 years. In each case fans were admitted free for the return fixture. Both clubs were hardly well off at the time so no excuse for United's approach.

People not keeping stubs not an excuse either:

a if you have lost your stub say it is tough,

b or between them and Rangers they must have some sort of record of who bought the original tickets if they could be bothered putting the work in asking them to contact club for replacement - may not be able to please everyone but would get close to satisfying the majority I think.

Operating costs are not that high proportion of clubs overall income (although plenty claim otherwise when it suits them) so this is a non-argument too?

One would think United would at least offer to pay some of the travel costs for non-local fans of both teams too.

Also assume United are getting Sky money for both games - see they harped on about double operating costs but were silent regarding whether they get double income! Not that I would be advocating different approach to free entry if game were not on Sky.

Ironic thing is I know some United fans and said I may go up for new game, would have been quite happy to pay full price for ticket as did not go to first game, now I will not go on principle that they deserve a boycott, and may now decide not to give them money for Hibs game in January either.

Woody1985
18-11-2009, 12:53 PM

:agree:

Woody1985
18-11-2009, 01:02 PM
There are some suggestions here that DU take the hit, why should they? It was unfortunate the game had to be called off but nature decided that, not them.

If DU are out of pocket even 5/10k then that could be a £100/£200 a week payrise to a youth player and that could be the difference between them signing a new contract or not.

A bit of an extreme scenario but the ramifications of taking the hit could mean that youth could go elsewhere and have a great career and be sold for x hundred thousand / millions. DU would lose that for the sake of a cancelled match through no fault of their own

No way should DU take the hit. Half price is fair for all.

Would you be happy if Hibs lost the value of 20/30/40 season tickets because of a cancelled match? I wouldn't.

Danderhall Hibs
18-11-2009, 01:10 PM
Fans pay for a full game and for half a game .. fans get to see a full game and half a game.

Seems fair enough to me.

:dunno:

What about the fans that paid for a full game and seen half a game while some others pay for half a game and see a full game? :greengrin

BTW watch out for a few Hearts games being abandoned this year – it seems a great way to get fans to pay twice for one thing. The original price of £26 is outrageous for the standard of football on offer – to have to pay £39 to watch it is horrendous!

Joe Baker II
18-11-2009, 02:51 PM
Would you be happy if Hibs lost the value of 20/30/40 season tickets because of a cancelled match? I wouldn't.

Yes I would expect the home club to take the hit here, and given replayed game is on Sky I am unconvinced that Dundee United are even taking much of a hit.

As per above post Hibs have taken hit on this in the past, do not recall any Hibs fans objecting at the time and rightly so.

Part/Time Supporter
18-11-2009, 02:54 PM
Did I just see a pig fly past my window?

Edit.... nope, it was a pigeon carrying an invoice from Tayside Police for TWO matches...

I'm surprised that Tayside's finest didn't charge them extra for the privilege of getting soaked at the first game.

:greengrin

CropleyWasGod
18-11-2009, 02:55 PM
Yes I would expect the home club to take the hit here, and given replayed game is on Sky I am unconvinced that Dundee United are even taking much of a hit.

As per above post Hibs have taken hit on this in the past, do not recall any Hibs fans objecting at the time and rightly so.

Big difference with the Hibs situation, though, is that this is Rangers. The related (fixed) costs are much much bigger.

I really don't see why DU should be out of pocket when the whole thing was due to circumstances out of their control. If they'd had insurance cover for the cancellation then, sure, I would see your point. But I doubt thay would have got it.

As for Sky, I don't think they will be paying twice. They didn't get the "product" first time around, and the advertising revenue will have been sold anyways.. for both games.

Danderhall Hibs
18-11-2009, 03:13 PM
Do Sky have to pay Dundee United 2 x the TV rights?

O'Rourke3
18-11-2009, 08:52 PM
A bit late commenting on this one. The fan in me nearly sympathises. However Rangers statement about how this is no way to trear their fans when they are among the worst at welcoming away fans to their ground is laughable.
Secondly, six months ago thousands of the same fans were happy to pay well above the odds for the same ticket - and those fans even bought gear from the club shop to prove their loyalty to United. They'll argue it's when they won the league, who's to say the three points up for grabs isn't the turning point this year?
The match could not have finished but it got to half time - generally accepted as the point where a refund is no longer necessary.
If the united fans and the currents want to protest - don't go to the game. United will still have to steward and police the game - no-one is forcing anyone to attend, it's likely to be on the telly in any case.

Joe Baker II
19-11-2009, 11:30 AM
A bit late commenting on this one. The fan in me nearly sympathises. However Rangers statement about how this is no way to trear their fans when they are among the worst at welcoming away fans to their ground is laughable.

Secondly, six months ago thousands of the same fans were happy to pay well above the odds for the same ticket - and those fans even bought gear from the club shop to prove their loyalty to United. They'll argue it's when they won the league, who's to say the three points up for grabs isn't the turning point this year?

The match could not have finished but it got to half time - generally accepted as the point where a refund is no longer necessary. If the united fans and the currents want to protest - don't go to the game. United will still have to steward and police the game - no-one is forcing anyone to attend, it's likely to be on the telly in any case.

Do not agree with much here - from recent experience and hearsay Ibrox a far more welcoming venue to away fans than any of the Tayside grounds where police and stewards are usually absolute idiots - although Tannadice not as bad as the other 2.

2nd point not really relevant - no evidence that thousands of fans did this (there were some I concede) and no evidence it is the same same people this time, and if this is how United treat their fans no wonder they do not have enough season tickets to sell out their section of the ground in which case.

Do not agree with 3rd para either - as you know fine a lot of fans will go to every game, club know this and are sadly happy to rip them off. Not convinced half time is "generally accepted" cut off, presumably a lot of the costs club are using as an excuse arise even if game called off after 10 minutes?

And see United have not quoted actual additional costs they will incur (closest they get vague statement about OF game having three times as the cost of other games which seems unlikely for a game where crowd at most likely to be double thier average), yet another example of a club not telling the whole story and making them worthy of unmitigated contmept.

blueisthecolour
19-11-2009, 02:31 PM
Ive read some of the posts, and would say some posters are only saying what they are saying because of there hatred of rangers, some are looking at it from a general football fans point of view.

I was at the game and utd said at the time keep your ticket stub and it will gain you entry to the new date, this is the problem, at one point refunds where offered, they didn't have to say this and there wouldn't be such an uproar, I don't see why I should have to pay full price for a game that lasted 45 mins, and now fans can watch 90 mins for £12, Ive still not decided if I will go to the rearranged date.

The only people who will get a good deal from this is the fans who didn't go to the first game but will go to this for £12.

hibsbollah
19-11-2009, 02:34 PM
Ive read some of the posts, and would say some posters are only saying what they are saying because of there hatred of rangers

You're absolutely right (well, apart from the spelling). What's your point?:greengrin

Danderhall Hibs
19-11-2009, 03:44 PM
Ive read some of the posts, and would say some posters are only saying what they are saying because of there hatred of rangers, some are looking at it from a general football fans point of view.

I was at the game and utd said at the time keep your ticket stub and it will gain you entry to the new date, this is the problem, at one point refunds where offered, they didn't have to say this and there wouldn't be such an uproar, I don't see why I should have to pay full price for a game that lasted 45 mins, and now fans can watch 90 mins for £12, Ive still not decided if I will go to the rearranged date.

The only people who will get a good deal from this is the fans who didn't go to the first game but will go to this for £12.

:agree:If Hibs were involved in this I wouldn’t be happy. As far as I know they’re taking the Sky money twice so that should help cover costs.

Are they charging their ST holders money for this game? I assume they’ll have handed their stubs over at the original game so. If they aren’t, I thought they weren’t allowed to charge away fans a different price from the equivalent home fans?

blueisthecolour
19-11-2009, 04:22 PM
:agree:If Hibs were involved in this I wouldn’t be happy. As far as I know they’re taking the Sky money twice so that should help cover costs.

Are they charging their ST holders money for this game? I assume they’ll have handed their stubs over at the original game so. If they aren’t, I thought they weren’t allowed to charge away fans a different price from the equivalent home fans?

I think there season ticket holders get in free as a season ticket is for all home game during the season, they will charge there own fans who are non season ticket holders.

Reports today say they would be out of pocket by £30,000, so why not even sell tickets at £3, there would defo be 10,000 if they charged that, plus they would make more money from pies drinks programmes ect, meaning they would not be out of pocket.

Mon Dieu4
19-11-2009, 04:23 PM
I think there season ticket holders get in free as a season ticket is for all home game during the season, they will charge there own fans who are non season ticket holders.

Reports today say they would be out of pocket by £30,000, so why not even sell tickets at £3, there would defo be 10,000 if they charged that, plus they would make more money from pies drinks programmes ect, meaning they would not be out of pocket.

Wah Wah Wah Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah :faf:

Steve-O
20-11-2009, 07:24 AM
The SPL should help out here - say 50% of the costs for stewards / police, then the home team coud just charge a nominal amount - £5.00? There has be some kind of charge for supporters, but a game being stopped due to poor weather, although unusual, will happen in Scotland so the SPL should have a policy in place to support the home team.

This is what I think :agree:

O'Rourke3
20-11-2009, 07:49 AM
Do not agree with much here - from recent experience and hearsay Ibrox a far more welcoming venue to away fans than any of the Tayside grounds where police and stewards are usually absolute idiots - although Tannadice not as bad as the other 2.

2nd point not really relevant - no evidence that thousands of fans did this (there were some I concede) and no evidence it is the same same people this time, and if this is how United treat their fans no wonder they do not have enough season tickets to sell out their section of the ground in which case.

Do not agree with 3rd para either - as you know fine a lot of fans will go to every game, club know this and are sadly happy to rip them off. Not convinced half time is "generally accepted" cut off, presumably a lot of the costs club are using as an excuse arise even if game called off after 10 minutes?

And see United have not quoted actual additional costs they will incur (closest they get vague statement about OF game having three times as the cost of other games which seems unlikely for a game where crowd at most likely to be double thier average), yet another example of a club not telling the whole story and making them worthy of unmitigated contmept.

Disagreeing is your right, that's the beauty of a forum :agree:

KWJ
20-11-2009, 08:34 AM
Seems fair enough to me. St. J only charged 5/3 for our replayed match and we took a good bit more fans to the replay i think because of the prices. I wouldn't be surprised if they get a bigger attendance for this game than the original.

steakbake
20-11-2009, 08:36 AM

Absolutely. When it comes to the orks, I don't give a monkey's. If anything, you want to put their loyal fans from coming to your ground.

Joe Baker II
20-11-2009, 10:14 AM
[QUOTE=blueisthecolour;2246579]Ive read some of the posts, and would say some posters are only saying what they are saying because of there hatred of rangers, some are looking at it from a general football fans point of view.

QUOTE]

Agree, but even if you ignore the dimwit posts about Rangers fans you rightly refer to, as you say many are trying to justify United's action, which even had they not made announcement to the contrary, is totally unacceptable way to treat people who have already paid full price.

If United are only looking at covering extra costs financial analysis would suggest a minimal £3 charge (inc ST holders) would cover these. But until they publicise the actual costs they are incurring they are opening themselves to deserved criticism.

blackpoolhibs
20-11-2009, 02:20 PM
Have we found out yet, if the replayed game is 45 minutes or 90?

blueisthecolour
20-11-2009, 02:32 PM
Have we found out yet, if the replayed game is 45 minutes or 90?

Just the 45 mins and it's 1-0 to rangers:rolleyes: