PDA

View Full Version : NHC Boyd, McGregor and Ferguson back in the Scotland squad?

Iain G
16-11-2009, 11:50 PM
Chick Young allready leading the campaign to have Walter Smith reinstated and get McGregor, Ferguson and Boyd back in the Scotland squad link here (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/scot_prem/8363087.stm)

The main thing Burley did right was to leave these idiotic, childish, delusional players out of his squads and personally would take it as affront to the Scotland fans if they are allowed back into the fold.

Would just be another step along the road of me lossing my interest in the Scotland national team, which started a long time before I moved to the other side of the world.

And the SFA can keep their grubby mits of oor Ricki Herbert!!! :wink: :greengrin

Sir David Gray
17-11-2009, 12:17 AM
I, personally, would not have too many objections to Boyd being recalled to the squad.

However Ferguson and McGregor can go and get raffled.

ScottB
17-11-2009, 12:18 AM
What more do you expect?

'One afternoon in Cardiff brought shame and scandal on the Scottish football family: but in truth the fury, the disgust and indeed the apathy of the support had been building.'

That, with a few choice word changes could easily describe Barry and Co.

'Can I point out that Kris Boyd will now welcome an invitation back into the fold and the new manager can lift the ban on Allan McGregor and Barry Ferguson... And boy, do we need a drink.'

Possibly an attempt at humour, more likely a calous dig at those who would stand in the way of the Rangers Old Boy network.

Boyd would welcome an invitation? How gracious of him. He can do one as far as I'm concerned. So we are now supposed to ignore Ferguson and McGregor's pitiful conduct and terrible example to the rest of a game blighted by our players desire to do little else than get smashed?

I would seriously consider abandoning the national team if Smith and those jakey pr1cks come back in.

poolman
17-11-2009, 01:07 AM
I, personally, would not have too many objections to Boyd being recalled to the squad.

Boyd can go and get ****ed

Toys out the pram from the big lazy git, he's on a par with the other two overated guffys

Toaods
17-11-2009, 01:24 AM
much as we all dislike, Rangers and Celtic fan power will see at least two of these goons getting the allclear.

The SFA would be too scared they got a crowd of about 4,500 otherwise.

heretoday
17-11-2009, 04:43 AM
Yes the Ibrox lobby goes into overdrive at these times.

I've never cared for Walter Smith. I think he is a two-face - all cuddly on the surface but a right vicious type in reality.

Of course that doesn't mean he'd be bad for Scotland.

But I wouldn't like it to be a rebound from the Rangers job. Let's face it. He's too old.

Nando™
17-11-2009, 04:53 AM
Yes the Ibrox lobby goes into overdrive at these times.

I've never cared for Walter Smith. I think he is a two-face - all cuddly on the surface but a right vicious type in reality.

Of course that doesn't mean he'd be bad for Scotland.

But I wouldn't like it to be a rebound from the Rangers job. Let's face it. He's too old.
Too old for what? For being a manager?

He's younger than Alex Ferguson.

TheBall'sRound
17-11-2009, 07:12 AM
We all seem to be forgetting the one star player who we will all welcome back with gratitude and relief... Lee 'kick em hard kick em high' McCullochinho.

The Euros are a formality!

hibiedude
17-11-2009, 07:14 AM

I would bring Boyd back in a heartbeat, as for the other 2 GTF

Steve-O
17-11-2009, 07:15 AM

This is also my view :agree:

ronaldo7
17-11-2009, 07:40 AM
The 3 of them can do one for me.

It was Boyd who spat the dummy in the first place, just like Fergushun did when Polly gwen found him out.

As for McGregor, he was led up the garden path by Fergushun in their wee tirade against everything Scottish.

Oh and Chick young can do one with them.

PeeKay
17-11-2009, 08:13 AM
My understanding was that it was the SFA and not the manager who hunted Ferguson and McGregor. In which case the new manager will not be able to lift the ban as Chick Young claims.

Hiber-nation
17-11-2009, 08:36 AM
The 3 of them can do one for me.

It was Boyd who spat the dummy in the first place, just like Fergushun did when Polly gwen found him out.

As for McGregor, he was led up the garden path by Fergushun in their wee tirade against everything Scottish.

Oh and Chick young can do one with them.

:agree:

No way could I support a Scotland team managed by Smith with these 3 back in again. It would be taking the pish to new extremes.

bingo70
17-11-2009, 08:43 AM
My understanding was that it was the SFA and not the manager who hunted Ferguson and McGregor. In which case the new manager will not be able to lift the ban as Chick Young claims.

The new manager will have a lot of barganing power, if the new guy wants them back he'll get them back IMO.

I think if we get a foreign manager it's more likely he'll hear what they did and tell them to bolt, however if we get a scottish manager in thats not bothered about our 'booze culture' he's more likely to want tham back.

sambajustice
17-11-2009, 09:52 AM
Would take Feguson, McCulloch, and Boyd back.

McGregor isnt good enough to displace Gordon so no need to worry about him. If Katie ever gets fit he'd be in my starting line up as well.

This is about football and these guys are good football players.

J-C
17-11-2009, 09:59 AM
Boyd had a personal issue with Burley, however the other two just took the piss and should never play for Scotland again. We have enough cover at goalkeeper and Barry the Crab was always very overrated.

Cocaine&Caviar
17-11-2009, 10:00 AM
why no mention of leee mchulloch or chris Burke? The other retirees under Burley....

sadtom
17-11-2009, 10:04 AM
Smith is 'yesterdays man'. Shouldn't be even thought of for the job.
As for the other 3 - they should get nowhere near a scotland jersey.
p.s. neither should have Davie Weir.

Scooter
17-11-2009, 10:08 AM
boyd i would accept he done no worse that what murray done in the past (2 fingers) and we acepted him.

crab and mac can gtf can if they are welcolmed back i will not have anything to do with scotland

WeAreHibs
17-11-2009, 10:11 AM
I just want a bit of pride in our national team again. I don't care who they play for, as long as they have Scottish blood and can sing Flower of Scotland.

Too much is said of players in a negative fashion, let's look back to the Craig Brown era when we played Brazil and gave England a good running. The squad was a good mix and you had the impression that they were playing for the jersey. We need a manager who will restore the pride and bin the huddies that Bertie would find at band camp coz they had Simple Minds cd.

TheBall'sRound
17-11-2009, 11:05 AM
why no mention of leee mchulloch or chris Burke? The other retirees under Burley....

Thank you for proving my signature right!

See post 8 for details... :thumbsup:

RoslinInstHibby
17-11-2009, 11:10 AM
I would bring Boyd back in a heartbeat, as for the other 2 GTF
:agree: anyioen but bloody miller upfront....please:grr:

BryanV
17-11-2009, 11:51 AM
Would take Feguson, McCulloch, and Boyd back.

McGregor isnt good enough to displace Gordon so no need to worry about him. If Katie ever gets fit he'd be in my starting line up as well.

This is about football and these guys are good football players.

Yes, because goalkeepers never get injured. Boyd who only regularly features for Rangers at home, an aging Ferguson and as for McCulloch........

Boyd is an ordinary footballer who fills his boots against smaller teams and does little else of note. Anyway, Huns tend to pull out of squads.

I'd be disgusted if any of those players were allowed back in as a result of a hunbased media

Bad Martini
17-11-2009, 12:05 PM

Spot on. From what I hear Boyd was messed about and told by Burley he was never going to be played anyway, but stripped and wasted his time.

Why? Why no say - yer no playing...dont waste yer time. Thats why nobody is playing for Burley...its by and large the SAME squad of players who played well against France, Italy and Ukraine yet got pumped from Wales and struggled against Northern Ireland!

Pish. Burley is gone. Thank ****. Boyd and Riordan in the team, playing...this would be good.

BUT, the other 2 ********s can piss off.

ENDOF

Phil D. Rolls
17-11-2009, 12:25 PM
Smith is 'yesterdays man'. Shouldn't be even thought of for the job.
As for the other 3 - they should get nowhere near a scotland jersey.
p.s. neither should have Davie Weir.

Can't believe that anyone would ever think of employing this cynical ******** again. He walked out on the national team as they were poised to qualify for the World Cup. Only in Scotland would we be so accommodating to someone who preferred to manage a club side.

--------
17-11-2009, 12:25 PM

Spot on. From what I hear Boyd was messed about and told by Burley he was never going to be played anyway, but stripped and wasted his time.

Why? Why no say - yer no playing...dont waste yer time. Thats why nobody is playing for Burley...its by and large the SAME squad of players who played well against France, Italy and Ukraine yet got pumped from Wales and struggled against Northern Ireland!

Pish. Burley is gone. Thank ****. Boyd and Riordan in the team, playing...this would be good.

BUT, the other 2 ********s can piss off.

ENDOF

Absolutely. Boyd WAS messed about by Burley IMO and had reason to refuse selection when he did. The accounts I heard were exactly as you say, BM.

The same went for Lee McCulloch, IIRC. I was told he was discarded out of hand by Burley - told he was surplus to requirements regardless of his form or the team's circumstances. I see he's ruled out any return to the Scotland team (not that he's ever likely to be picked again now).

These guys were in one situation; Ferguson and McGregor in another.

The other two shouldn't be considered again. Ever.

Just a thought. From the way Burley was slavering over Fox for LB, it would appear that Ian Murray was also discarded by Burley regardless of the fact that he's played every game since returning from suspension, and played extremely well.

I wonder if Deek's still playing in - what was it George said? - 'last-chance saloon'? :devil:

Woody1985
17-11-2009, 12:30 PM
Walter Smith can GTF. He walked out last time, no going back now IMO.

New Corrie
17-11-2009, 12:35 PM
Can't believe that anyone would ever think of employing this cynical ******** again. He walked out on the national team as they were poised to qualify for the World Cup. Only in Scotland would we be so accommodating to someone who preferred to manage a club side.

Which is exactly what I and probably most would have done if Hibs had come calling...Managing Scotland or Managing the team you support....that's an easy choice I would have thought!

Franck is God
17-11-2009, 12:43 PM
To my mind any player that is good enough should be considered for Scotland regardless of who they play for.

Kris Boyd is currently Scotlands most prolific scorer at club level and for him not to be involved is pathetic and the fault of the previous manager.

McGregor and Ferguson are a different story but both are good players, maybe squad players and not first choice but they have been punished for their behaviour so why (if they are performing well) should they be left out. I believe we have good Scottish players available but not so many we can afford to ignore these guys.

--------
17-11-2009, 12:45 PM
Walter Smith can GTF. He walked out last time, no going back now IMO.

Suppose it was a former Hibs player or manager? Say Willie Ormond had resigned as Scotland boss to manage Hibs? Or McLeish had resigned to come back to ER?

Would you feel the same way - never again for Scotland?

I'd just like someone who's capable of getting the team back together and getting decent results. McLeish and Smith had got us just about feeling good about our national team again - which was a feeling I'd begun to think had departed for ever.

FWIW, I wouldn't be totally gobsmacked if there was a dual appointment - Alex Miller and John Collins. Alex has done very well since he left Hibs - he's very highly thought of at Anfield, and was a big part of a management team that won a fair bit of silverware, including the Champions' League. He did well in Japan, too. John Collins knows how to coach - it was his man-management that was in question at ER. I'd also guess he was done no favours by being shackled to Uncle Toamy. I could just see Smiler and Six-Pack doing a job for Scotland....

But we'll probably get Walter Smith right enough. :rolleyes:

Biggie
17-11-2009, 01:02 PM
Not only can walter smith gtf, I think we really need to get away from any old firm allegiance.
It's destroying our game....we need fresh blood, new ideas...Craig Levien or John Collins would be great international managers.

How we can even contemplate walter smith is beyond me.....the guys a grade a, he thinks he's untouchable...and can walk out on us and then simply swagger back in. Probably because he knows his days at rankgers were numbered anyway...he can gtf.

This is an ideal time to re-vamp the whole of scottish football, from the bottom up. It will be interesting to hear what ideas Henry mcleish comes up with. (oh aye and empty the blazers as well)

Dashing Bob S
17-11-2009, 01:07 PM
It's horrible but perhaps inevitable, that Smith will be back. When that happens, I shall personally move from not caring about the Scottish national team to actively supporting any side who plays against them.

Tyler Durden
17-11-2009, 01:18 PM
Absolutely. Boyd WAS messed about by Burley IMO and had reason to refuse selection when he did. The accounts I heard were exactly as you say, BM.

The same went for Lee McCulloch, IIRC. I was told he was discarded out of hand by Burley - told he was surplus to requirements regardless of his form or the team's circumstances. I see he's ruled out any return to the Scotland team (not that he's ever likely to be picked again now).

These guys were in one situation; Ferguson and McGregor in another.

The other two shouldn't be considered again. Ever.

Just a thought. From the way Burley was slavering over Fox for LB, it would appear that Ian Murray was also discarded by Burley regardless of the fact that he's played every game since returning from suspension, and played extremely well.
I wonder if Deek's still playing in - what was it George said? - 'last-chance saloon'? :devil:

Firstly, I can't believe the amount of people on here clamouring for Boyd to return. The guy only ever played against minnows and in meaningless friendlies anyway. Would anyone seriously expect him to start a big game for Scotland when he can't make a Rangers UEFA cup side? He's garbage. Burley selected Iwelumo and Steven Fletcher ahead of him because they were form players who worked hard in training. Boyd has a huge ego but no ability to back it up. I despise the guy.

Secondly I must be the only Hibby who rates Danny Fox. The guy may not be properly Scottish but he's a great left back and will come on to a game for Celtic. He didnt look out of place in the England U21 set up. If anything it's Lee Wallace who should feel hard done by - Ian Murray has been great since returning to Hibs but he's not quick or skilful enough for international football. Love watching the guy play for us but Wallace and Fox are better left backs.

Jack
17-11-2009, 01:21 PM
While Burley, quite rightly, shoulders much of the blame for poor performances and not qualifying for the World Cup IMO these 3 ‘players’ are equally responsible for the disappointment.

Given the assumption they are good enough to play for Scotland, they have been in previous squads, the fact that they put themselves into the position where they could not be selected means that Scotland was without its strongest squad when it was needed most.

Before the spat we were in the top 20 in the world rankings, we're now 42nd.

Scotland could have qualified – we weren’t that far off.

The whole of Scotland could have been preparing for party time next summer. But we look on while the likes of New Zealand, Korea X2 and Honduras (no offence meant) enjoy the show.

Scottish football could on the up but instead commentators are sneering down their lens at us.

Not only did they let themselves down by their actions, they let the whole country down.

Burley, you're a t!t as well.

Isaac_Refvik
17-11-2009, 01:24 PM
Boyd can go and get ****ed

Toys out the pram from the big lazy git, he's on a par with the other two overated guffys

And yet 27% of Hibs fans, according to above poll, think Deek would be within his rights to do the same.

--------
17-11-2009, 01:29 PM
Firstly, I can't believe the amount of people on here clamouring for Boyd to return. The guy only ever played against minnows and in meaningless friendlies anyway. Would anyone seriously expect him to start a big game for Scotland when he can't make a Rangers UEFA cup side? He's garbage. Burley selected Iwelumo and Steven Fletcher ahead of him because they were form players who worked hard in training. Boyd has a huge ego but no ability to back it up. I despise the guy.

Secondly I must be the only Hibby who rates Danny Fox. The guy may not be properly Scottish but he's a great left back and will come on to a game for Celtic. He didnt look out of place in the England U21 set up. If anything it's Lee Wallace who should feel hard done by - Ian Murray has been great since returning to Hibs but he's not quick or skilful enough for international football. Love watching the guy play for us but Wallace and Fox are better left backs.

You've probably seen more of Fox than i have - remember that Davie Murphy was England U-21 left-back and captain, and I would have said he's a better player when fit than Fox. I wasn't thinking of Murray necessarily as a left-back - sorry, should have made that clear - but when you see the sort of defensive shambles Dumb and Dumber create at times, Ian's surely no worse. IMO he's better.

I'm not clamouring for Boyd to return, btw - I just consider that he shouldn't be tarred with the same brush as Ferguson and McGregor. But there IS a vacancy for a striker - Miller's been mince for months.

Hibs90
17-11-2009, 02:46 PM
As much as I hate the man personality wise, I still think Ferguson could do a job for Scotland.

Jim44
17-11-2009, 02:52 PM

McCulloch has said he will never play again for Scotland no matter who is in charge and at the same time urged the new manager to let Boyd back in.

HibeeUnderwood
17-11-2009, 05:23 PM
The new gaffer better not put Bawwy and McGregor back in the team! :grr:

They were banned for their stupidity and the ban should stick for good!

Boyd is an erse but he still has the ability to score goals so I would have him back in the team only for that reason :agree:

500miles
17-11-2009, 05:57 PM
Boyd should never be forgiven by the Scotland set up for what he done. If you don't think that his actions caused some sort of rift in the Scotland camp, then you are VERY naive. Oh, and he struggles to score against teams of a certain level.

Furthermore, his words in the press before a crucial clash just show what a classless, graceless bawbag he is. We have a goalscorer - Derek Riordan - who has done something that Boyd never has; raised his game and became a team player, while still scoring goals. He can score against better opposition too IMO.

As for Ferguson and McGregor, well, the former isn't good enough, and the latter isn't as dependable as his understudy. They weren't banned for thier binging, but for their utter lack of remorse demonstrated by thier antics while on the bench.

weecounty hibby
17-11-2009, 09:39 PM
I think Chick Huns article is laughable but entirely predictable. He is a Hun apologist and thinks the sun shines out of Walter Smiths arse. Smith IMO is the most overrated managers I have ever seen. The only time he has managed a team that was succesful was when the Huns had all the cash and everyone else in Scotland had none. He went down south and nearly relegated Everton for the first time in their history. He has come back to the Huns and is now being found out as the average manager that he always has been now that he doesn't have a budget way in excess of every one else. I hope he stays at Ibrox for a long time to come. As for the other three. Boyd chose not to represent his country so GTF, Ferguson and McGregor embarrased their country so again GTF

silverhibee
17-11-2009, 11:44 PM
I think Chick Huns article is laughable but entirely predictable. He is a Hun apologist and thinks the sun shines out of Walter Smiths arse. Smith IMO is the most overrated managers I have ever seen. The only time he has managed a team that was succesful was when the Huns had all the cash and everyone else in Scotland had none. He went down south and nearly relegated Everton for the first time in their history. He has come back to the Huns and is now being found out as the average manager that he always has been now that he doesn't have a budget way in excess of every one else. I hope he stays at Ibrox for a long time to come. As for the other three. Boyd chose not to represent his country so GTF, Ferguson and McGregor embarrased their country so again GTF

I agree you with you weecounty, Grandpa wattie should not even be considered for the Scotland job, had his chance, let him sink with the huns when it goes peared shape in January when they will have to sell at least five of there so-called best players.:notworthy:
As for Boyd McCregor and Barry the crab, they should never play for there national team again imo. They blew there chance of pulling on the Scotland jersey again with there poor and childish behaviour under Burley.
And Kenny nae goals Miller needs to be dropped from any future Scotland squads as the guy has had his chance and not delivered in the last sixteen games for Scotland, not a single goal, and the strange thing is that KM has had enough chances in these games to have scored 16 goals, but the guy just keeps on missing glaring chances in each game.:grr:

--------
18-11-2009, 09:37 AM
I agree you with you weecounty, Grandpa wattie should not even be considered for the Scotland job, had his chance, let him sink with the huns when it goes peared shape in January when they will have to sell at least five of there so-called best players.:notworthy:
As for Boyd McCregor and Barry the crab, they should never play for there national team again imo. They blew there chance of pulling on the Scotland jersey again with there poor and childish behaviour under Burley.
And Kenny nae goals Miller needs to be dropped from any future Scotland squads as the guy has had his chance and not delivered in the last sixteen games for Scotland, not a single goal, and the strange thing is that KM has had enough chances in these games to have scored 16 goals, but the guy just keeps on missing glaring chances in each game.:grr:

Looks like the odds are shortening on Levein.

hibsbollah
18-11-2009, 09:48 AM
I just want a bit of pride in our national team again. I don't care who they play for, as long as they have Scottish blood and can sing Flower of Scotland.

Too much is said of players in a negative fashion, let's look back to the Craig Brown era when we played Brazil and gave England a good running. The squad was a good mix and you had the impression that they were playing for the jersey. We need a manager who will restore the pride and bin the huddies that Bertie would find at band camp coz they had Simple Minds cd.

Where did the idea come from that you need to be patriotic to be a good player at international level? Makes no difference as far as I can see:dunno:

jdships
18-11-2009, 10:23 AM

No way could I support a Scotland team managed by Smith with these 3 back in again. It would be taking the pish to new extremes.

:top marks
Absolutely spot on IMHO !!!
When , as a youngster, I signed my first pro contract I was reminded by the manager
" ........... never forget , son, no matter what level you play this game at - club and country are bigger than the indvidual !!"

I still believe that to be true today :thumbsup:

Betty Boop
18-11-2009, 02:30 PM
Gordon Smith on Sky, said that Ferguson and McGregor are free to be 'repatriated'. I expect they will be in the next squad then? :rolleyes:

Joe Baker II
18-11-2009, 02:36 PM
Think we need manager who can heal rifts here, it is not like club football where manager can bring in players he wants to deal with, international managers need all their palyers available..

None of the players concerned were innocent but they were not the only people involved with Scotland who have been at fault in last year, and should not be the lone outcasts following a complete overreaction.

monktonharp
18-11-2009, 05:54 PM
My understanding was that it was the SFA and not the manager who hunted Ferguson and McGregor. In which case the new manager will not be able to lift the ban as Chick Young claims.Er,when is a lifetime ban no really a lifetime ban? = when Gordon Smith is the head of the SFA! he as much as stated that on the News earlier today ,the f/kin wanger!

blackpoolhibs
18-11-2009, 06:44 PM
Er,when is a lifetime ban no really a lifetime ban? = when Gordon Smith is the head of the SFA! he as much as stated that on the News earlier today ,the f/kin wanger!

:agree::grr::grr: sfa = nae ****in baws. :bitchy:

Bostonhibby
18-11-2009, 07:05 PM
[QUOTE=Iain G;2243868]Chick Young allready leading the campaign to have Walter Smith reinstated and get McGregor, Ferguson and Boyd back in the Scotland squad link here (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/scot_prem/8363087.stm)

The main thing Burley did right was to leave these idiotic, childish, delusional players out of his squads and personally would take it as affront to the Scotland fans if they are allowed back into the fold.
Would just be another step along the road of me lossing my interest in the Scotland national team, which started a long time before I moved to the other side of the world.

:agree: Do the Erses at the SFA not realise that giving any of these twats a second chance just makes us a laughing stock outside the SFA goldfish bowl that is Glasgow and until we start sticking by bigger decisions that are for the greater good we will always be regarded by those at the next level where we want to be, as what we are, a very small inward looking Glasgow biased institution.

hibsbollah
18-11-2009, 07:21 PM
"Banned for Life" Friday 3rd April
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/apr/03/barry-ferguson-allan-mcgregor-banned

Repatriated 17th November

Life Sentence=7 months:rolleyes::faf:what a joke.

blackpoolhibs
19-11-2009, 10:24 AM
Ferguson says this morning, he'd consider playing for his country again. Thanks barry,:grr: if you do happen to play for us again, i personally hope your first game is against Romania, and the guy that crocked John Kennedy is waiting for you.

Billychaotic182
19-11-2009, 11:32 AM
The SFA are f***ys likes

but sayin that playboy is a better goalie than the other dross we have

I think i would call him and boyd up if i had the job but the crab would NEVER get a look in

H18sry
19-11-2009, 11:46 AM
You've probably seen more of Fox than i have - remember that Davie Murphy was England U-21 left-back and captain, and I would have said he's a better player when fit than Fox. I wasn't thinking of Murray necessarily as a left-back - sorry, should have made that clear - but when you see the sort of defensive shambles Dumb and Dumber create at times, Ian's surely no worse. IMO he's better.

I'm not clamouring for Boyd to return, btw - I just consider that he shouldn't be tarred with the same brush as Ferguson and McGregor. But there IS a vacancy for a striker - Miller's been mince for months.

No he wasn't http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Murphy_(footballer) I think it is Chris Hogg you are thinking of :wink:

The Harp Awakes
19-11-2009, 12:35 PM

Sums it up perfectly for me:agree:

If Smith comes back, I'm definitely finished going to Scotland games. A line up of 4-5-1 at Hampden against the likes of the Belarus and Lithuania - not for me thanks:yawn:

500miles
19-11-2009, 06:05 PM
The SFA are f***ys likes

but sayin that playboy is a better goalie than the other dross we have

I think i would call him and boyd up if i had the job but the crab would NEVER get a look in

Apart from Gordon. And Alexander.

ballengeich
19-11-2009, 06:14 PM
Full marks to Alec McLeish on this one. He's expressed surprise that his club player Ferguson could return to Scotland as the ban was originally announced as an SFA decision, and Gordon Smith is now behaving as if it was George Burley's.

sevenil
19-11-2009, 06:49 PM
Is it not sickening that once again there are column inches devoted to the prospect of these two (and the other bluenosed huddy) perhaps being able to turn out for Scotland again.

It's quite clear that all three of them shat in the nest, and as such they should NEVER EVER again be considered for a place in a Scotland team. For the benefit of Smith the CEO, that's NEVER, EVER as in 'no way Jose'.
What a complete plonker GS is to have brought the topic up again.
The proper answer if their names are mentioned is "We have already said they are banned, next question"

But we know of course that the reality is that GS is keen to see his fellow huns back in favour. I think I'm gonna boak......

blackpoolhibs
19-11-2009, 06:49 PM
Full marks to Alec McLeish on this one. He's expressed surprise that his club player Ferguson could return to Scotland as the ban was originally announced as an SFA decision, and Gordon Smith is now behaving as if it was George Burley's.

Yip, when you are run by a bunch of amateurs, you cant expect much more from the players.

Jim44
19-11-2009, 07:04 PM
If either player ever plays for the Scotland team again, I will get a great surge of satisfaction every time the team gets stuffed. My loyalty to the national team has limitations and this 'sweep it under the carpet purely because they are/were Ibrox favourites' mentality removes that loyalty without question. :soapbox:

Brizo
19-11-2009, 07:10 PM
Ferguson and McGregors whole primary school playground "vickies" nonsense showed them up to be the arrogant , ignorant , immature tosspots that they are. Whether they were on the bench or not they were representing Scotland that night and for that infantile moronic behaviour id never want to see them near a Scotland squad again.

Boyd on the other hand is an ungracious miserable monosyllabic tosspot and any reinstatement to the squad will no doubt be regarded as a victory by him and his horde of media apologists. Most importantly it sends out the message that you can pick and choose who you want to play for and when you want to turn up. For that reason he should similarly be told to GTF.

Unfortunately the combination of 24/7 campaigning by these numbskulls media apologists and the spineless nature of the SFA blazerati will ensure that all three tosspots will be back representing Scotland all too soon.

GlesgaeHibby
19-11-2009, 07:14 PM
Alex McLeish summed this up perfectly.

It wasn't Burley that banished them, it was the SFA.

It makes Burley look like such a fool. As hopeless as he was as a manager, the SFA were never behind him.

lapsedhibee
19-11-2009, 07:39 PM
If only they would act like Riordan or Stokes. pure as the driven slush

When have those two shown the contempt for representing their country that the Hun triumverate has recently? :dunno:

euro Hibby
19-11-2009, 07:42 PM
nothing really new here, the SFA have always had a funny way of working.....

For me the players behaviour was disgraceful and a slap in the face to any good Scottish supporter. Then again its all happened before when you remeber back to wee Jinkie Johnstone getting stuck out in a boat and other such stories. The drink culture remains but its really stupid. An athlete if he is lucky has 15 good years but regretably most football players are not really bright sparks and tend to get lost in their own glory.

As its been said, we do have some good young players coming on and I would prefer to give them a chance but you need to keep them away from Barry the crab and gang.........

Thankfully we have Hibs at the moment doing well otherwise it would be hell this winter..... I love my club but I am embarrased about my country .. even in the past when we under performed it was glorious failures now its just crap all the way 5-4-1 formations being forecast and lets get difficult to beat. I would much prefer a team which trys to play football before winning. Then again I am a Hibs fan so thats the only way it can be most of the time.....

Bostonhibby
19-11-2009, 08:01 PM
Ferguson says this morning, he'd consider playing for his country again. Thanks barry,:grr: if you do happen to play for us again, i personally hope your first game is against Romania, and the guy that crocked John Kennedy is waiting for you.

Cheers Barry, much obliged, thank you for considering us.

Hopefully when the SFA find a yes man to manage the national side and at the same time find a way to shoe you back in it might just coincide with you working out that, outside of a corner of Glasgow and a wider spread but nevertheless troubling mind set you don't actually matter. 99.9% of the rest of us SCOTS would be happy to just sit on tHe bench you were on and behave.

Prize erse who at best struggles in The B list of the EPL (bought twice for over the odds by ex hun managers at a time where the Hun need cash?) and if this sort of guy is all we have to aspire to then my interest in the national team is going to slip further whilst my pride in all things Scottish will continue upward.

camhibby1
19-11-2009, 08:14 PM
What right has GS got to blythly announce to the media that a 'lifetime ban' can be rescinded at will?The guy's a f...ing joke and should be hammered by those in the media who care about transparency and honesty. Let's get Graham Spiers on to the case. Smith's a slimeball and should be punted by popular revolt at the first opportunity and he can take Peat with him. I'm glad Burley's gone but these guys really are hanging him out to dry now to save their own backs. Hypocritical b'tards of the first order.

hibee62
19-11-2009, 09:08 PM
Alex McLeish summed this up perfectly.

It wasn't Burley that banished them, it was the SFA.

It makes Burley look like such a fool. As hopeless as he was as a manager, the SFA were never behind him.

Whatever you think of Burley's performance as manager, he was never given a chance by the Old Firm, the SFA or the press. He wasn't one of "them" so there was negative press from the start.

Boyd should have been banned for life, you do what your manager tells you to do and Burley was fully justified in not playing him, IMO. Its been obvious since then that the SFA weren't behind Burley.

As for the other two, they have caved into media pressure and have hung Burley out to dry.

However he performed in the job, Burley had a good pedigree, deserved the job and was never given a chance.

monktonharp
20-11-2009, 12:19 AM
Is it not sickening that once again there are column inches devoted to the prospect of these two (and the other bluenosed huddy) perhaps being able to turn out for Scotland again.

It's quite clear that all three of them shat in the nest, and as such they should NEVER EVER again be considered for a place in a Scotland team. For the benefit of Smith the CEO, that's NEVER, EVER as in 'no way Jose'.
What a complete plonker GS is to have brought the topic up again.
The proper answer if their names are mentioned is "We have already said they are banned, next question"

But we know of course that the reality is that GS is keen to see his fellow huns back in favour. I think I'm gonna boak......:agree:you are 100%correct,my feelings exactly. after seeing several reruns of them doing the v sign,it annoyed me that Berra was not at least pulled up for laughing his **** off about their antics,in full view of the Nation,until he realised that he was on camera too.

Bad Martini
20-11-2009, 12:44 PM
Think we need manager who can heal rifts here, it is not like club football where manager can bring in players he wants to deal with, international managers need all their palyers available..

None of the players concerned were innocent but they were not the only people involved with Scotland who have been at fault in last year, and should not be the lone outcasts following a complete overreaction.

So that makes it OK? Lets ban any wideo who thinks making a tit of the entire country is OK.

The difference between these 2 ********s and Boyd for example, is significant.

Boyd didnt make a tit of us all in that manner - yes, he refused to play and whilst I previously suggested public booting in the baws for such an action, given BURLEY and his pish, it might almost now be understandable.

As opposed to these 2 bawbags who took the piss out of us all by giving the auld 2 fingered salute whilst being less than brilliant any way.

If other players want to behave like these 2 knobs, tell them to GTF anaw...but lets NOT bring them all back in because the wee hun lambs arent the only ones.

Why do you always look for ways to apologise for the huns and the old firm generally when we ALL seen this, on TV...in public and in full view?

Or is this another stupid Hibby comment as you often seem to say to anyone who doesnt agree with apologising for the old firm....

Ban them forever means ban them forever. Not 7 months. They have been bawbags, they are still bawbags and they will be bawbags in the future. Simple :grr:

ENDOF

Bad Martini
20-11-2009, 12:56 PM
However he performed in the job, Burley had a good pedigree, deserved the job and was never given a chance.

He did have a pedigree but not for the National Team...it was down to Burley to pick the right players and play them in position - he failed to do this many times.

We need only look at some of the squad selections - Iwulemno playing ahead of Boyd that time. Riordan getting 18 mins against Japan. No sign of Ian Murray when he's been one of the best/consistent players in the whole country.......we could go on about it forever.

He was lacking in a good few areas and his ***** man management skills i.e. lets get pished at 3am with the players leave a lot to be desired.

I do agree to a point he never had much of a chance BUT, he ****ed it up for himself with his own decisions which ultiamtely sealed his fate. I cannot recall (with the exception of McBerti) any Scotland team getting slapped of Wales, toiling against Northern Ireland at Hampden and genuinely looking like they were to be gubbed every time.

Delighted he's gone for sure :thumbsup:

ronaldo7
20-11-2009, 12:56 PM
So that makes it OK? Lets ban any wideo who thinks making a tit of the entire country is OK.

The difference between these 2 ********s and Boyd for example, is significant.

Boyd didnt make a tit of us all in that manner - yes, he refused to play and whilst I previously suggested public booting in the baws for such an action, given BURLEY and his pish, it might almost now be understandable.

As opposed to these 2 bawbags who took the piss out of us all by giving the auld 2 fingered salute whilst being less than brilliant any way.

If other players want to behave like these 2 knobs, tell them to GTF anaw...but lets NOT bring them all back in because the wee hun lambs arent the only ones.

Why do you always look for ways to apologise for the huns and the old firm generally when we ALL seen this, on TV...in public and in full view?

Or is this another stupid Hibby comment as you often seem to say to anyone who doesnt agree with apologising for the old firm....

Ban them forever means ban them forever. Not 7 months. They have been bawbags, they are still bawbags and they will be bawbags in the future. Simple :grr:

ENDOF

Correct.
:top marks
These cretins shouldn never pull on the dark blue colours of Scotland ever again.

sevenil
20-11-2009, 03:03 PM
The thing is that all these comments are lost in the wind in the face of the Weegie Media building up steam for the return of the three plonkers.
I'd guess that similar views to those seen above will have been on the message boards of all the SPL teams outwith the OF.
Is there not someone in Hibsnet who has contact with their opposite numbers around the SPL? - a combined effort is the only thing likely to get the attention of the SFA. Otherwise they think that the views promoted by the Weegie media is what everyone in Scotland thinks.
It would be nice to think that the present lot in the SFA could be cleaned out and replaced by sensible football people representing ALL of Scotland. In other words no more Gordon Smith's thank you.
But, dream on......
http://www.hibs.net/message/images/icons/icon8.gif

millarco
20-11-2009, 03:25 PM
I don't mind giving the manager the authority to select who he wants, but I'd hope he would consider the way the three undermined Burley and come to the same conclusion. Whoever comes in has my sympathy though, fighting against the likes of the Daily Record as well as working under Smith and Peat.

Moody Mulder
20-11-2009, 03:31 PM
[QUOTE=Iain G;2243868]Chick Young allready leading the campaign to have Walter Smith reinstated and get McGregor, Ferguson and Boyd back in the Scotland squad link here (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/scot_prem/8363087.stm)

:agree: Do the Erses at the SFA not realise that giving any of these twats a second chance just makes us a laughing stock outside the SFA goldfish bowl that is Glasgow and until we start sticking by bigger decisions that are for the greater good we will always be regarded by those at the next level where we want to be, as what we are, a very small inward looking Glasgow biased institution.

YEP PROVINCIAL CITY NUMPTIES !!!

blueisthecolour
20-11-2009, 05:49 PM

Mcculloch has said he won't play for Scotland again, he retired from international
football, although I would doubt he would be selected anyway.

Burke has asked not to be selected as he has a kid in glasgow and any free weekends he comes back to glasgow to see his kid as his ex won't allow the kid to go to wales.

Imo It should be the new managers decision on who he picks, there is no point in giving someone the job and then saying you can't pick this player or that player, the new manager will know the story behind each player and he should be able to make his own mind up.

HibbyAndy
20-11-2009, 05:53 PM
Barry the FUD Ferguson is simply not good enough to be selected.

hibee62
20-11-2009, 05:54 PM
He did have a pedigree but not for the National Team...it was down to Burley to pick the right players and play them in position - he failed to do this many times.

We need only look at some of the squad selections - Iwulemno playing ahead of Boyd that time. Riordan getting 18 mins against Japan. No sign of Ian Murray when he's been one of the best/consistent players in the whole country.......we could go on about it forever.

He was lacking in a good few areas and his ***** man management skills i.e. lets get pished at 3am with the players leave a lot to be desired.

I do agree to a point he never had much of a chance BUT, he ****ed it up for himself with his own decisions which ultiamtely sealed his fate. I cannot recall (with the exception of McBerti) any Scotland team getting slapped of Wales, toiling against Northern Ireland at Hampden and genuinely looking like they were to be gubbed every time.

Delighted he's gone for sure :thumbsup:

I'm not saying he did well in the job, I'm just saying he wasnt given the chance to do the job well. I agree he was rubbish, but that doesn't mean he didnt deserve to get the job in the first place, he has one hell of a pedigree at club level.

I disagree on the Iwelumo point though, he actually played well in that game (a point missed by most) except the miss. He held it up well and created chances. And he was in better form than Boyd at the time at club level (he was getting a game and scoring at a higher level than the SPL where Boyd found himself on the bench).

The main point is that none of these players should ever play for Scotland again, expecially, IMO, Boyd.

MSK
20-11-2009, 05:58 PM
Barry the FUD Ferguson is simply not good enough to be selected.He was a bottler ..when the going got tough Fergie was invisible ..:agree:

Mikey Stewart would have been better in that midfield role ...:jamboak:

lapsedhibee
20-11-2009, 06:01 PM
He was a bottler ..when the going got tough Fergie was invisible ..:agree:

Mikey Stewart would have been better in that midfield role ...:jamboak:

If there's a need for a midfielder to slide into advertising hoardings on his backside, then Fergushun can't hold a candle to Mikey Mikey Used To Be.

MSK
20-11-2009, 06:07 PM
If there's a need for a midfielder to slide into advertising hoardings on his backside, then Fergushun can't hold a candle to Mikey Mikey Used To Be.Absolutley ..:agree: