PDA

View Full Version : Hearts or England

sambajustice
16-11-2009, 11:15 AM
If one of these unthinkable things were to happen, what would you rather see..

Hearts winning the League

England winning the World Cup

hibbie02
16-11-2009, 11:20 AM

Living down here its a no brainer........I would probably emigrate if they win the WC. Hearts winning the league would just be a minor irritation (albeit an unlikely one).:jamboak:

Hibs On Tour
16-11-2009, 11:21 AM
'Mon the England! :greengrin

Sprouleflyer
16-11-2009, 11:23 AM

Has to be Hearts.

Their fans don't rate the wee cup so if they win the thing we won't notice anything, no bus parade, no jubilant fans in Princes street and nothing on bokeback, it will just be a quiet weekend!!

Bad Martini
16-11-2009, 11:28 AM
Given both teams have a far higher opinion of their own ability than actually is the case, neither will win either so it's no worries to me.

Making me pick, I'd be hard pushed to put up with either outcome...thus, if Hearts win the league or the English win the world cup, I will be on the first jet to the planet zorg, where Burley will hopefully be by then, running their national team (into the ground).

:greengrin

RoslinInstHibby
16-11-2009, 12:39 PM
would rather see england win the world cup, i don't actually mind most of the players or manager, its the english press that gets on my nerves.

herts winning the league would be unbearable:boo hoo:

soupy
16-11-2009, 12:49 PM
defo Engurland:confused:

MountcastleHibs
16-11-2009, 12:51 PM
My brother is a yam so I couldn't stand his bragging if Hearts won the league. That coupled with all the deluded ones going on and on about how they're the "big" team, I'd rather see England win the WC. At least I could shut that out.

Hibs90
16-11-2009, 12:53 PM
England

Steve20
16-11-2009, 12:55 PM
England winning the World Cup.

Keith_M
16-11-2009, 12:58 PM
This is like asking someone if they'd prefer a kick in the stones or a broken nose..................

Hibercelona
16-11-2009, 01:09 PM
Wheres the option for Hibs to win the league with Scotland to win the World Cup with Hearts going out of existence with England finally sinking? :devil:

Russian Hibs Fan
16-11-2009, 01:11 PM
Of course England!

Part/Time Supporter
16-11-2009, 01:13 PM
Hearts winning the league at least has the redeeming feature of annoying the weegies.

Hibercelona
16-11-2009, 01:15 PM
Hearts winning the league at least has the redeeming feature of annoying the weegies.

I think it would annoy us just a little more than the weege.

Part/Time Supporter
16-11-2009, 01:25 PM
I think it would annoy us just a little more than the weege.

My point is that England winning has no redeeming feature whatsoever.

bobbyhibs1983
16-11-2009, 01:33 PM
voted for england o win the wc.I think if heartz won the league they d la it up big time,
But on a side not what league are we talking bout?if heartz somehow went into adminastration and do a livi and go relegated to the 3rd division or the 1st division or whatever, would winning either of leagues amtter?:devil:

bawheid
16-11-2009, 02:13 PM
Hearts won the league in 1986 and it hasn't affected us too badly.

Oh wait...

lapsedhibee
16-11-2009, 02:21 PM
Where's the 'both' option? :grr:

Hertz winning the League would put an end to three decades of OFGTF hegemony in that competition, which would be great. Engerlund winning the Worldcup would be proof of what can be achieved on the world stage by a small island nation, and hence act as an example and inspiration to our boys for the future.

HibeeMG
16-11-2009, 02:42 PM
The thing is that it's more than likely that England will win the World Cup in my lifetime so I'll have to put up with that when it happens.

It's very unlikely, however, that Hearts will still be in existence when it comes time for me to visit the big cowshed in the sky!

For that reason, I've voted for England. I had 11 years of living down there and having to listen to all their drivel!

HIBERNIAN-0762
16-11-2009, 02:45 PM
Tricky one this as I hate em both!, but it would be easier to switch the telly off if ingerlund won the WC rather than have to listen to that shower o manks bleat on about winning the SPL

Tough one to call for me personally but will plump for ingerlund to win WC

:boo hoo:

StevieC
16-11-2009, 02:47 PM
Took me less than a second to decide.

Can we have them losing the league on goal difference again?

Mikey
16-11-2009, 02:53 PM
http://www.aspexdesign.co.uk/flags/england_flag_19.gif

aberhibsfc
16-11-2009, 03:01 PM
Devil and deep blue sea, but has to be England winning the World Cup.

Beefster
16-11-2009, 03:24 PM
My missus is English so at least, if England won the World Cup, there would be a silver lining to that particular cloud. There's no good to come out of a Yam league win.

Alan Thomson
16-11-2009, 03:48 PM
I have no problem whatever with England winning the WC. Not saying I would support them against anyone but it wouldn't give me the pain that a Hertz league win would.
As for it being better that Hertz win the league than the Uglies....Not for me. I've become almost immune to one or the other of them winning it every year. I don't like it and I would love for someone else to win it but PLEASE PLEASE, NOT THE ****BOS... ANYBODY BUT THEM!

puff the dragon
16-11-2009, 04:04 PM
England. At the end of the day we are all the same country.

Dashing Bob S
16-11-2009, 04:52 PM
It's just a pity they can't meet in a World Cup final. Still, Hearts should worry, two World Wars is better than one World Cup.

Leicester Fan
16-11-2009, 05:05 PM
Nice to see so many loyal England fans up here.:dizzy:

Horse
16-11-2009, 05:19 PM
Without a doubt England! People go on about English arrogance, they always go on about 1966 etc. but having worked all over England I have to say that any Scotland-England banter I've had has been good fun and good natured. As for the arrogance, I have many English mates who find all the media hype surrounding the WC cringeworthy. It even got to the stage where I felt a bit bad about wishing defeat on them constantly as most of them genuinely wanted Scotland to do well. I'd also have to admit that if we'd won the world cup in '66 I would still be gloating about it (just as I never tire of gloating about the 7.0 game).

As for Hearts, well they really are arrogant, deluded eejits who would be unbearable if they did actually win the league!

Baldy Foghorn
16-11-2009, 07:30 PM

Whoever voted for Hearts winning the League, should be taken round the back and shot:grr:

The Voice Of Reason
16-11-2009, 07:31 PM
England.

No brainer :agree:

Big Frank
16-11-2009, 07:32 PM
Engerlund. Every time!:agree:

Big Frank
16-11-2009, 07:32 PM
Whoever voted for Hearts winning the League, should be taken round the back and shot:grr:

Is that your tat in the avatar?:thumbsup:

Baldy Foghorn
16-11-2009, 07:36 PM
Is that your tat in the avatar?:thumbsup:

Yes had that a few years now.......

Big Frank
16-11-2009, 08:49 PM
Yes had that a few years now.......

Quality Dela:agree:

erin go bragh
16-11-2009, 09:08 PM
has to be ingerland[but its a horrible thought]
its a bit like asking a drill in the eye or a drill in the testicle:boo hoo:

southern hibby
16-11-2009, 09:12 PM
Got to be England winning the WC. At least we have managed to live since 1966 imagine 1 day after they win the league with their smug little smiles and you live in our shadow attitude.

I'd be in jail for MURDER

heretoday
16-11-2009, 09:18 PM
I can envisage England winning the WC if they get their act together and get the midfield sorted out. They have a problem up front but with Crouchie up top and Defoe or Bent fielding the grounders they might just manage it.

Hearts?

Aye right.

Sas_The_Hibby
16-11-2009, 09:21 PM

Mmmmmmm, as an English Hibs supporter, that'a real toughie.............

However, I doubt England will win the World Cup (again :wink: ) in my lifetime, so most of you can rest easy for (I hope!) a few years yet, on that score. :boo hoo:

Hearts winning the league is unthinkable but, unfortunately, not impossible. :bitchy:

Hibercelona
16-11-2009, 09:26 PM
Mmmmmmm, as an English Hibs supporter, that'a real toughie.............

However, I doubt England will win the World Cup (again :wink: ) in my lifetime, so most of you can rest easy for (I hope!) a few years yet, on that score. :boo hoo:

Hearts winning the league is unthinkable but, unfortunately, not impossible. :bitchy:

Hearts winning the league is impossible. :agree:

Sas_The_Hibby
16-11-2009, 09:31 PM
Hearts winning the league is impossible. :agree:

I would have said that in 1985 and then they almost did it the next year (and no, I don't expect them to win it in 2011!).

To be honest, if they ever get their finances sorted out :greengrin , they've as good a chance of winning the league some time as any other non-OF club.

Bishop Hibee
16-11-2009, 09:51 PM
Voted for England. If I'd still been living in England I'd have voted for Hearts.

The 2002 WC was just about too much to bare living down south and I couldn't keep the grin off my face after Brazil beat them in the QF.

New Corrie
16-11-2009, 10:16 PM
Dont even remotely have a problem if England win the World Cup, only the small minded racists up here might have a problem with that! However, I would have a problem with Hearts winning anything!

_hucks_
16-11-2009, 10:40 PM
Would have been England in a heartbeat just a few months ago, but since moving here, its a tricky one. Probably still England, if only because the scouse are more scouse than they are English.

Minder
16-11-2009, 10:48 PM
Dont even remotely have a problem if England win the World Cup, only the small minded racists up here might have a problem with that! However, I would have a problem with Hearts winning anything!

How do you define the phrase "small minded racists" ?

poolman
17-11-2009, 12:36 AM
:singing: SWING LOW SWEET CHARIOT :singing:

Beefster
17-11-2009, 07:09 AM

Wanting a national sports team to be defeated makes you racist?

darwenhibby
17-11-2009, 01:40 PM
Personally I would not mind Hearts winning the league:wink:......

The third division in a few years:devil:

Scouse Hibee
17-11-2009, 03:18 PM
Hearts winning the Blue Square Premier league in England after being driven out of Scottish football following a high profile match fixing, tax dodging, court case.

Baw187
17-11-2009, 03:33 PM

:agree:

Hearts winning the league would send me in to a Michael Douglas-esque rampage that would end in my death following a mass massacre of Yam.

.Sean.
17-11-2009, 08:16 PM
Engerland winning the WC.

No brainer for me!