PDA

View Full Version : SFA have to go!

sambajustice
16-11-2009, 11:04 AM
Its needs a complete overhall!

I would give John Collins the Presidents job!

The association has to be run by Football people. I saw JC on some Sportscene programme a few weeks ago (I think it was the Scotland Japan game) and he was this needs to happen and that needs to happen and we have to teach boys from a young age to practice this that and the next thing. He was basically just talking the most sense i've ever heard!

We need these old farts with the blazers to GTF!!! There's nothing worse than old farts with Blazers, and thats not just in football!

RoslinInstHibby
16-11-2009, 11:14 AM

The association has to be run by Football people. I saw JC on some Sportscene programme a few weeks ago (I think it was the Scotland Japan game) and he was this needs to happen and that needs to happen and we have to teach boys from a young age to practice this that and the next thing. He was basically just talking the most sense i've ever heard!

We need these old farts with the blazers to GTF!!! There's nothing worse than old farts with Blazers, and thats not just in football!

:agree: i have said the the past that a country of our size does not need the SPL, SFA, SFL etc etc. It should be 1 governing body, run by proper football men.

MountcastleHibs
16-11-2009, 11:33 AM

:agree:

Said exactly the same on the "Burley on his way" thread. We need to overhaul top to bottom, change our league system and get rid of the old boys club through in Glasgow. As you say, the SFA should be run by football minded men, not men out to make as much money as possible.

We need to be concentrating efforts on football at grass roots level, and develop our youngsters so that we can compete in years to come.

There is no point in believing a change of manager will solve our problems, the same thing will happen to him that has happened to previous managers because of the set up we have. If nothing changes, I fear we'll be stuck in the doldrums for a very long time. The next appointment as manager has to be one for the long term, and we as fans shouldn't expect an immediate improvement in our fortunes.

Fifehibee
16-11-2009, 12:00 PM
:agree: i have said the the past that a country of our size does not need the SPL, SFA, SFL etc etc. It should be 1 governing body, run by proper football men.

I completely agree but will we ever see a body from grass roots all the way up? Given all the red tape and empire building that has gone on? I am not sure :grr:

crewetollhibee
16-11-2009, 01:33 PM
I completely agree but will we ever see a body from grass roots all the way up? Given all the red tape and empire building that has gone on? I am not sure :grr:
The words Christmas, turkeys and voting spring to mind. As my 9 year old would say : Neeeevvvveeeerrrrr gonna happen !!!

MrSmith
16-11-2009, 01:38 PM
been an advocate of this for ages!