None of them. George Graham please.

Failing that, Souness or Walter Smith.

HibeePaj
15-11-2009, 11:16 PM
levein or jim jeffries and billy brown :agree:

rainman
15-11-2009, 11:18 PM
Levein would be good.

i enjoyed Dundee utd struggling at the foot of the table each year and he seems to have taken them away from that.

I Love Lamp
15-11-2009, 11:19 PM
I think Shabba. Good tactician, plenty of passion, international experience and wouldn't have the same problems with the media that Burley has.

Certainly won't persist in trying to make players pass the ball when they are clearly not up to it. He'd be affordable and probs wouldn't think twice before leaving the PBS.

ScottB
15-11-2009, 11:20 PM
A crack team of Bobby Williamson, John Barnes and Jim Duffy would do a better job than Graeme bloody Souness!

The Daily Ranger will be whoring him for the job until 15 years after he's dead.

Of the options there, Levien or Ferguson, though I certainly wouldn't be limiting the hunt to Scots only.

Dunbar Hibee
15-11-2009, 11:35 PM
levein or jim jeffries and billy brown :agree:

:bitchy:

jgl07
16-11-2009, 12:46 AM
It has to be Levein.

Double whammy.

Improves Scotland and messes up Dundee United in a oner.

hibeeleicester
16-11-2009, 12:50 AM
mixu with bobby williamson as assistant.

JC fitness coach.

Kato
16-11-2009, 12:57 AM
Where's the "It doesn't make any difference within completely overhauling the SFA" option?

Haymaker
16-11-2009, 01:42 AM
Interesting... Dwight Yorke was in the Independant the other day saying how he left Man Utd having played for "the greatest manager" to go to Blackburn to play under "possibly the worst manager" ... Souness

According to DY all GS did was talk about how he did things with Liverpool and "it got boring". Oh, and got Blackburn nowhere... like any team he has managed since... a great liverpool team when fitba wasnt so technical. Or scientific.

I would say "go abroad" but most people would shout me down. Scotland as a nation must reorganise... we need an complete re-shuffle... but that wont happen when scotlands "most natural striker" is on the bench behind a player who cannot score in a brothel.

Marabou Stork
16-11-2009, 02:15 AM
Bruce Rioch.

Zimmy
16-11-2009, 05:22 AM
Bruce Rioch.

Good shout.

offshorehibby
16-11-2009, 06:31 AM
Anybody bar souness. I am worried that the media ground swell for souness will get stronger and might cloud the judgement of an already dodgy SFA
Levein would be a good call but he might want to continue his club management for a few years yet. Rioch good be a safe pair of hands.

joe breezy
16-11-2009, 06:43 AM
Jedward

ahibby
16-11-2009, 07:57 AM
Jim Jefferies for me.

Steve20
16-11-2009, 08:00 AM
John Barnes.

McSwanky
16-11-2009, 08:03 AM
Yogi.

This whole Burley sacking speculation is an elaborate ruse by the SFA to unsettle Hibs. It's a conspiracy, I tell you!!! :grr::grr::grr:

:wink:

KirkyHibs
16-11-2009, 08:09 AM
Stuart Baxter :tee hee:

DunblaneHibby
16-11-2009, 08:10 AM
Mr Souness has already said on beeb that he is not interested!

Keith_M
16-11-2009, 08:33 AM
Not on the list but could maybe sound out Davie Moyes. I'd expect he's way beyond what the SFA can/would pay.

Russian Hibs Fan
16-11-2009, 08:34 AM
JC :grr:

sauzee=legend
16-11-2009, 08:36 AM
Joe Jordan

offshorehibby
16-11-2009, 08:41 AM
Mr Souness has already said on beeb that he is not interested!

Still wont wee chic and his pals drooling over him.

JoeT
16-11-2009, 09:02 AM
Pat Nevin?

Riordans Boots
16-11-2009, 09:16 AM
Strapon :duck:

Hainan Hibs
16-11-2009, 09:23 AM
I'd get a respected foreign manager in, if any would want the job.

Sergio sledge
16-11-2009, 09:25 AM
I think, despite the disaster of Berti, we need to think outside the box and go for a good foreign coach with a proven track record who will not have pre-conceived ideas of who the best players are and will not pander to the tabloids, much like England have done with Capello.

Someone on another thread mentioned Gerard Houllier, which seems like a good shout. Someone of his ilk would be good.

NORTHERNHIBBY
16-11-2009, 09:34 AM
Never, ever Souness. Unless the rules have been changed, you are not allowed to buy players at International level.:bitchy:

My choice would be the two Jimmy's. No compensation to pay, and no need to look for assistants. So far, AFC look like they made the wrong choice, ditching them for McEgo.:agree:

cwilliamson85
16-11-2009, 09:34 AM
I think, despite the disaster of Berti, we need to think outside the box and go for a good foreign coach with a proven track record who will not have pre-conceived ideas of who the best players are and will not pander to the tabloids, much like England have done with Capello.

Someone on another thread mentioned Gerard Houllier, which seems like a good shout. Someone of his ilk would be good.

There is no way he would leave his easy seat at the French academy but like the idea.

hibbie02
16-11-2009, 09:39 AM
I'd get a respected foreign manager in, if any would want the job.

I agree and maybe, just maybe, he would look at players who are playing well and are not necessarily playing for the OF. Also may realise that just because you get a move to the second tier in England, it doesnae mean you are better than players who are performing well in the SPL. Just because MonkeyHeid signs you for WBA, a career at Livi is not the background of a quality international midfielder.

Betty Boop
16-11-2009, 09:39 AM
Alex Miller.

IWasThere2016
16-11-2009, 09:44 AM
Souness has ruled himself out - according to SKY

hibbiedon
16-11-2009, 10:06 AM
A crack team of Bobby Williamson, John Barnes and Jim Duffy would do a better job than Graeme bloody Souness!

The Daily Ranger will be whoring him for the job until 15 years after he's dead.

Of the options there, Levien or Ferguson, though I certainly wouldn't be limiting the hunt to Scots only.

Can someone please explain, the great myth of that arrogant dick head Souness ! He bought the title for the huns & screwed up every other team he went near

YehButNoBut
16-11-2009, 10:08 AM
Jim Jefferies for me.

Jeffries 10/1 with most bookmakers but Ladbrokes have him as the 3/1 favourite.

blackpoolhibs
16-11-2009, 10:23 AM
Jim Gannon, wonderful manager, one we should have snapped up at easter road.:devil:

blaikie
16-11-2009, 11:27 AM
Owen Coyle :agree:

--------
16-11-2009, 11:30 AM
Levein - he's the best for the job IMO, and his leaving Tannadice wouldn't hurt our European chances....

Bad Martini
16-11-2009, 11:33 AM
Kenny Dalglish, Gordon Strachan, Craig Levein....

In reality, it'll be potter who probably gets it or whoever the SFA can get on the cheap ; whichever comes in at the lower price.

Dalglish would be the man in my opinion though. He's earned respect and never lost it. Gordon Strachan was a fine servant for Scotland then lost ALL that respect when he morphed into the whinging faced bawbag he become at celtic. He might be able to redeem some of that if he took over the national side....he's certainly got the ability to do it IF he gets over this moaning/whinging crap.

What I do know this is this; whoever comes in needs only to pick the players in form at the time to get the backing of the general public and the press - doing this, will almost guarantee them immunity from pelters, unless we get horsed time and time again. That said, shoudl this occur WHEN picking the inform players, one could only blame the players or maybe tactics....should definitely reduce the chance of gubbings though.

Why is this such a complex thing to understand when running the national team;
1) Pick the players who are playing WELL for their clubs REGARDLESS of whom they are
2) Play them in their own position
...err, that's it.

There are 5.1 MILLION people in Scotland. We only need 11 to play fitba. FFS, how hard can it be? :confused:

Step 1 though - Burley GTF :agree:

MON THE SCOTS :thumbsup:

--------
16-11-2009, 11:35 AM
Kenny Dalglish, Gordon Strachan, Craig Levein....

In reality, it'll be potter who probably gets it or whoever the SFA can get on the cheap ; whichever comes in at the lower price.

Dalglish would be the man in my opinion though. He's earned respect and never lost it. Gordon Strachan was a fine servant for Scotland then lost ALL that respect when he morphed into the whinging faced bawbag he become at celtic. He might be able to redeem some of that if he took over the national side....he's certainly got the ability to do it IF he gets over this moaning/whinging crap.

What I do know this is this; whoever comes in needs only to pick the players in form at the time to get the backing of the general public and the press - doing this, will almost guarantee them immunity from pelters, unless we get horsed time and time again. That said, shoudl this occur WHEN picking the inform players, one could only blame the players or maybe tactics....should definitely reduce the chance of gubbings though.

Why is this such a complex thing to understand when running the national team;
1) Pick the players who are playing WELL for their clubs REGARDLESS of whom they are
2) Play them in their own position
...err, that's it.

There are 5.1 MILLION people in Scotland. We only need 11 to play fitba. FFS, how hard can it be? :confused:

Step 1 though - Burley GTF :agree:

MON THE SCOTS :thumbsup:

Common sense, BM? It'll never catch on at the SFA. :bitchy:

BTW - I always think it's a bad sign when the players start defending the manager.

http://sport.scotsman.com/football/Wales-3--0-Scotland.5826920.jp

degenerated
16-11-2009, 11:38 AM
Jim Gannon, wonderful manager, one we should have snapped up at easter road.:devil:

thats right out of leftfield :greengrin

Franck is God
16-11-2009, 11:38 AM
John Collins would be my choice.

As long as he has free reign to build a side from scratch in a similar way to Toshack at Wales and McCarthy at Ireland a few years ago.

The Scotland side should be built with young players with a handful of players from the current squad, personally speaking anyone over 25 picked would have to be so good that they can't be left out.

I'd be happy for this Scotland side to start the next qualifying campaign. Also don't want to see age or the team they play for as a stumbling block to the international scene. If Wotherspoon was an Old Firm player he would have been in the squad at the weekend, I'm not suggesting that he should have been but playing in Glasgow hypes a player more than it should.

Gordon

Whittaker---Barr---Berra---Wallace

Fletcher---Thomson

Wotherspoon---Brown---McFadden

Fletch

blackpoolhibs
16-11-2009, 11:55 AM
thats right out of leftfield :greengrin

The SFA have to think out the box with this one.:wink:

number9dream
16-11-2009, 12:03 PM
I reckon Gary McAllister & John Collins (double act maybe?) might be in with a strong shout...

It's almost certainly going to go to someone who is out of a job.

Strachan's out because he's just taken up a new post and Levein will still fancy a crack at higher level club management. McGhee's stock has fallen in the last two seasons.

Smith could just decide to jack it in at Ibrox when his contract expires at Christmas and hand over to McCoist. I wouldn't be opposed to that.

--------
16-11-2009, 12:05 PM
John Collins would be my choice.

As long as he has free reign to build a side from scratch in a similar way to Toshack at Wales and McCarthy at Ireland a few years ago.

The Scotland side should be built with young players with a handful of players from the current squad, personally speaking anyone over 25 picked would have to be so good that they can't be left out.

I'd be happy for this Scotland side to start the next qualifying campaign. Also don't want to see age or the team they play for as a stumbling block to the international scene. If Wotherspoon was an Old Firm player he would have been in the squad at the weekend, I'm not suggesting that he should have been but playing in Glasgow hypes a player more than it should.

Gordon

Whittaker---Barr---Berra---Wallace

Fletcher---Thomson

Wotherspoon---Brown---McFadden

Fletch

My immediate gut reaction was against Collins - mainly because I have big doubts about his man-management and I find hi manner in interviews and as a pundit hard to take.

However - an international manager doesn't work full-time with the players like a club manager, and one thing about Collins is that he understands tactics (George thinks tactics are the peppermint sweeties he takes to cover the booze on his breath).

Another is that he's totally hostile to the booze culture that Burley was prepared to tolerate. (Lest we forget - Burley gave Brown, Ferguson and McGregor permission to head for the bar at three in the morning - twonk!)

Although one thought I have is that he'd need to relax a wee bit - players do need to unwind, and he doesn't appear to have that option in his default settings.

IMO he needs an older head to steady things - NOT Uncle Toamy, please - and I would suggest Alex Miller who's free right now. Alex has proved himself a good man in a crisis more than once before now.

Or we could appoint Alex as manager with JC as HIS assistant, with a view to JC taking over after the European Championships?

Pretty Boy
16-11-2009, 12:13 PM
Nigel Worthington, out of contract with NI, bags of experience and has made a very average group of players play some decent stuff whilst moving them away from being the whipping boys in their groups.

sesoim
16-11-2009, 02:12 PM
I'd be happy with a few. Smith, as he has already done a great job for us, Levein as he has the talent, and I'd also consider Jimmy Calderwood as he has done a good job everywhere (including Europe) with limited resources.

I know its a long long punt, but Davie Moyes is going nowhere with Everton as their chairman simply wont release the money required to break into the top four. Maybe a two year stint taking Scotland to a major Championships might just be "the clincher" in terms of being enough to get him the Man Utd job.

Owain_1987
16-11-2009, 03:03 PM
None of them. George Graham please.

Failing that, Souness or Walter Smith.

All I can say to that is am glad you don't work for the SFA.

aberhibsfc
16-11-2009, 03:09 PM
Smith or Levein.

Think mor likely to be Smith though. Most experienced and would be available for free.

I just feel that Levein is well dug in at DUFC, he is on the board, has shares and seems really keen to build from the youth up. I think it would take a very good job to shift him. He has already been stung at Leceister and may want to continue the good work he started there. If he did accept the Scotland job I think it would be more likely on a part-time basis while retaining his role at Dundee Utd.

That's tuppance worth anyway.

J-C
16-11-2009, 03:11 PM
Seeing as the Huns are in dire straits money wise, Uncle Walter may come back and give the Rangers reigns over to Coisty.

Don't know if Levein would want to take over right now, unfinished business at Dundee U.

bighairyfaeleith
16-11-2009, 03:14 PM
one word

sauzee

:greengrin

fiolex1
16-11-2009, 03:48 PM
Stevie Archiebald, he said on the radio today he'd be interested

hibeemarley
16-11-2009, 03:51 PM
ME.

Moulin Yarns
16-11-2009, 03:59 PM
thinking out the box, are there no former dutch internationalist available, Van Basten? Cruyff?

heretoday
16-11-2009, 04:06 PM
Though it pains me to say it, I have to agree with Souness. The players just aren't there. I'm sure Burley tried his best and I, for one, hope he goes back into club management and proves successful.

Not with Hearts though.....

blackpoolhibs
16-11-2009, 04:17 PM
Though it pains me to say it, I have to agree with Souness. The players just aren't there. I'm sure Burley tried his best and I, for one, hope he goes back into club management and proves successful.

Not with Hearts though.....

We are not blessed with the greatest players in the world, but its criminal the way he's set the team out, and selected players who are not as good as those on the bench, or not even in the squad.:grr: clueless, mixu would do better.:bitchy:

cockneymike
16-11-2009, 04:31 PM
I wouldn't want souness, or calderwood; archibald might be an interesting one. JC would be a disaster with all of the old Hibs players now in the squad.

Alex Miller - NO WAY!

moyes would be great, but too pricey; don't want smith after he walked out on us first time round.

Rioch would be interesting, as would Joe Jordan, although he might not want to give up the safety of the spurs no2 job.

heretoday
16-11-2009, 04:34 PM
We are not blessed with the greatest players in the world, but its criminal the way he's set the team out, and selected players who are not as good as those on the bench, or not even in the squad.:grr: clueless, mixu would do better.:bitchy:

Mixu? Now there's an idea!

Come on you know you want it!

lapsedhibee
16-11-2009, 04:38 PM
Where's the

If we merely want to win more than we lose, get TM in for a couple of years. If we want to push on and win trophies, get JC in immediately after that.

option? :grr:

blackpoolhibs
16-11-2009, 04:48 PM
Mixu? Now there's an idea!

Come on you know you want it!

Its got to the stage now, that it wouldn't bother me even if they did appoint Mixu as manager. The national team has now become a pain in the erse for me. The games get in the way of the Hibs games, and i used to go regularly to watch them.

vanNISHtelroy
16-11-2009, 04:55 PM
Jefferies for me :wink:

Think he would do a good job for Scotland and would mean someone fresh at Rugby Park

HIBERNIAN 1875
16-11-2009, 05:22 PM
For me, a good candidate would be Joe Jordan. He has all the correct attributes to be a good Scotland Manager, plenty of coaching experience at the top level, has assisted some good managers, and knows what it means to play for Scotland having done it himself. Well worth a chance IMO. :agree:

lapsedhibee
16-11-2009, 05:25 PM
For me, a good candidate would be Joe Jordan. He has all the correct attributes to be a good Scotland Manager, plenty of coaching experience at the top level, has assisted some good managers, and knows what it means to play for Scotland having done it himself. Well worth a chance IMO. :agree:

And he knows how to make goals out of nothing in Wales an aw.

GlesgaeHibby
16-11-2009, 05:26 PM
Can't believe the amount of people suggesting Smith. He was the guy that walked out on us in the middle of a qualifying campaign!

Ireallywasthere
16-11-2009, 05:29 PM
Jim Jeffries for me, right age and probably been at Killie for too long, Knows how to organise a team and not afraid of playing youngsters.

Smith can GTF, walked out and I certainly don't want Scotland to go back to playing pensioners. Wilson only just got into the team because there was no-one else over 30 available and look how good he is

NOLA
16-11-2009, 05:29 PM
lexo is free now i think, so watch out:wink:

HIBERNIAN 1875
16-11-2009, 05:30 PM
Can't believe the amount of people suggesting Smith. He was the guy that walked out on us in the middle of a qualifying campaign!
:agree:, the last person I want to get the job.

Ollie Reed
16-11-2009, 05:35 PM
Experienced, passionate and will at least get the team well organised.

Rioch.

iwasthere1972
16-11-2009, 05:40 PM
Can't see beyond Walter Smith.

SteveHFC
16-11-2009, 05:43 PM
I want Craig Levein or Darren Ferguson.

Hibbyradge
16-11-2009, 05:48 PM
Jim Gannon.

PeterboroHibee
16-11-2009, 05:56 PM
Craig Levein wouldnt be a good appointment imo. A future Scotland manager, but still so tactically naive. Thats 2 seasons in a row United have collapsed mid season. He seems to refuse to change things when they arent working, and also seems to find motivating his players for more than a half impossible (how often do we see them throwing everything at a team for one half and messing up the other; for example 2-2 against us last season at ER, 1-1 this season, and so many of their games against the OF). His 'success' with United so far has been based mostly on bringing in baragin basement players and making a solid unit. Okay he would have the control of who he brings in at Scotland but he would be limited who he could work with.

And Souness just no.

Wouldnt mind a younger manager, Collins has the right ideas imo, but its whether he would be able to take it to the national team. Would be interested to see how he would cope.

Just Jimmy
16-11-2009, 06:00 PM
I've always tipped Joe Jordan, I'd love to see him get a shout. Failing that bring him in on the staff.

Steve Clarke can get involved as well.

If we had the balls to spend some cash I'd bring in Moyes, Jordan and Clarke.

It'll go to Levein however no doubt. Good Luck to him if it does.

Aubenas
16-11-2009, 06:02 PM
Rhapsody in Blue - Uncle Walter and Lexo Miller.

Would probably get results, btw!

But Laughing JJ and Billy Brown a possibility.

bingo70
16-11-2009, 06:10 PM
Craig Levein wouldnt be a good appointment imo. A future Scotland manager, but still so tactically naive. Thats 2 seasons in a row United have collapsed mid season. He seems to refuse to change things when they arent working, and also seems to find motivating his players for more than a half impossible (how often do we see them throwing everything at a team for one half and messing up the other; for example 2-2 against us last season at ER, 1-1 this season, and so many of their games against the OF). His 'success' with United so far has been based mostly on bringing in baragin basement players and making a solid unit. Okay he would have the control of who he brings in at Scotland but he would be limited who he could work with.

And Souness just no.

Wouldnt mind a younger manager, Collins has the right ideas imo, but its whether he would be able to take it to the national team. Would be interested to see how he would cope.

Agree about Levien, decent SPL manager but not sure he'd cut it at a higher level, would like him to have more success at club level before he's considered for the Scotland job.

I don't think there's any outstanding candidate from Scotland so i'd like us to go for a foreign coach again, has Nevio Scala learned English yet? :wink: (that was obviously meant to take the piss out of hearts, however might actually be a decent shout when i think about it.)

I think Walter Smith will get the gig again though, would probably do a good job, however after he left us the last time i'm not sure we should go back there.

...WentToMowAnSPL
16-11-2009, 06:33 PM
Levein - he's the best for the job IMO, and his leaving Tannadice wouldn't hurt our European chances....

this :agree:

Hakim Sar
16-11-2009, 06:50 PM
unrealistic but i'd take avram grant think he'd be good

but defo not bruce rioch or graeme sounness

HOPE ITS NOT GARY MCCALLISTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that would make me cry big time

what about glenn hoddle or kevin ''loadsa money and il be alright'' keegan??

or Steve Patterson of aberdeen / ict / alcohol fame?? hahaha :)

ancient hibee
16-11-2009, 06:57 PM
Roy Hodgson.

Smith will actually get the job-it's a set up.

heretoday
16-11-2009, 07:04 PM
Jefferies for me :wink:

Think he would do a good job for Scotland and would mean someone fresh at Rugby Park

Hear Hear!

I just can't get enough of that Greetin' Jim Jefferies stuff!

Any man who stood and watched as seven goals went past him on 1/1/73 gets my vote.

Seriously he is a great bloke and deserves the top job in Scottish Football.

bingo70
16-11-2009, 07:04 PM
unrealistic but i'd take avram grant think he'd be good

but defo not bruce rioch or graeme sounness

HOPE ITS NOT GARY MCCALLISTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that would make me cry big time

what about glenn hoddle or kevin ''loadsa money and il be alright'' keegan??

or Steve Patterson of aberdeen / ict / alcohol fame?? hahaha :)

Definately don't want either of those two but i wonder what peoples reaction to an English manager would be?

Honestly don't know what my reaction would be, suppose theyve not got that many good managers available either though so probably not a problem, only one i can think of would be Allan Curbishley.

jacomo
16-11-2009, 07:15 PM
Never, ever Souness. Unless the rules have been changed, you are not allowed to buy players at International level.:bitchy:

My choice would be the two Jimmy's. No compensation to pay, and no need to look for assistants. So far, AFC look like they made the wrong choice, ditching them for McEgo.:agree:

Good shout!

I voted Darren Ferguson... just to shake things up a bit.

Gary McAllister anyone?

mim
16-11-2009, 07:15 PM
Smith would be able to set up a Scotland team not to lose.
That would seem to be an improvement, but it's not what I want.

Let's get someone in who doesn't mind attacking and trying to win games. Someone who is not frightened to give youth a chance. Someone who has enough belief in his own ability to plan to bond and develop these younger players over a period of 2 or 3 years.

Not sure who this person is, but it sure isn't uncle Walter.

I'd ask Wenger if he'd like a bit of experience of International management before he takes over the French job. :greengrin

Broken Gnome
16-11-2009, 07:23 PM
Gary McAllister. He needs to be someone of stature. He doesn't even necessarily need to have a decent or extensive club background. It needs someone that guys like Darren Fletcher can look up to - what's a guy that spends every day under the tuition of Alex Ferguson going to learn from Burley, Pressley and Hegarty? McAllister has a presence and class about him, and was one of our most underrated players. And he can coach, and would likely be able to attract a backroom staff of far more presence.

Remember this isn't day to day management - it needs to be someone that can inspire and lead by example. McAllister would be someone for the Scott Brown's, Steven Fletcher's, Darren Fletcher's etc to look up to.

hibsbollah
16-11-2009, 07:30 PM
Gary McAllister. He needs to be someone of stature. He doesn't even necessarily need to have a decent or extensive club background. It needs someone that guys like Darren Fletcher can look up to - what's a guy that spends every day under the tuition of Alex Ferguson going to learn from Burley, Pressley and Hegarty? McAllister has a presence and class about him, and was one of our most underrated players. And he can coach, and would likely be able to attract a backroom staff of far more presence.

Remember this isn't day to day management - it needs to be someone that can inspire and lead by example. McAllister would be someone for the Scott Brown's, Steven Fletcher's, Darren Fletcher's etc to look up to.

I hadn't even thought of him but thats a very good shout:agree:

sh00byd00
16-11-2009, 07:38 PM
Not often i agree with Souness, but like him, i don't think any manager could make our current crop of players get decent results.

Scottish football isn't in a very pretty place at the moment. Other than Darren Fetcher we don't even have pretty decent average players, and yes, if truth be told our own Scottish contingent aren't even average in the larger scheme of things.

Scott Brown - Been found wanting in most CL games that I've seen him in. He was supposed to be our next great player and if that's the best Scotland can produce then God help us all.
Kris Boyd - Complete and utter pish against any team better than the Faroes
Steven Fletcher - Green tinted glasses off - He ain't no Drogba, nor is he a Joe Baker
Deeks - i have serious doubts if he'd do half as well outwith the ****ty SPL and really can't see him having much of an impact at international level.
Kenny Miller - Hahahahaha. Enough said
Thomson - tbf can't really comment as he's not really had a decent run at international level, so I'll lay off him on this occasion.

As things stand, the SPL is utter dross, the players are all sub standard when it comes to European football and not one of them should be playing international football.

Broken Gnome
16-11-2009, 07:44 PM
Whatever the lack of talent, Scotland have ample enough quality in their top 14 or so players so secure a play off spot in most group permutations. Centre half appears wholly deficient obviously, but elsewhere there's more than enough to win at Macedonia or at home to Norway. A decent manager would do so.

We were comfortably beating Ukraine at home not too long ago remember....

blackpoolhibs
16-11-2009, 07:48 PM
Walter the hun should never be asked back, and the other huns that deserted the ship, should never be allowed back either. And GJP is another who should never get anywhere near the job, ever ever ever again.

zero-seven
16-11-2009, 07:48 PM
doesnt matter who the manager is...he has to be able to get the bigot brothers, teams in the EPL and the players themselves..to let the players chosen ensure thye are available to play...Capello has the right idea, make sure the players are all available no matter if the club pays their wages

sh00byd00
16-11-2009, 07:57 PM
Nah, we really don't. Otherwise we'd be in the playoffs getting humped royally by the Dutch.

If we had enough talent, then our domestic clubs would be faring a little bit better in Europe too because after all, they can and often do cherry pick the sweet corn from the ***** so to speak.

I think you're deluding yourself that we even have a semi decent bunch of players. The facts speak for themselves our domestic teams can't compete with domestic clubs from the Ukraine nowadays and i seriously doubt our international team will ever find the form we had after Auld Bertie ****ed off.

Sweep
16-11-2009, 07:59 PM
Simon Cowell for me.:greengrin

bingo70
16-11-2009, 08:00 PM
Walter the hun should never be asked back, and the other huns that deserted the ship, should never be allowed back either. And GJP is another who should never get anywhere near the job, ever ever ever again.

I said exactly the same thing earlier on to a hun mate of mine, however they made the point that these principles would hold Scotland back as he would more than likely do a good job, same applies to the other huns.

I struggled to give a good argument back as he was probably right, however if he did come back, it just wouldn't be right after he deserted us after we saved his career.

I think Smith is a stick on to get the job though.

DrSpaceMonkey
16-11-2009, 08:12 PM
the twa jimmys :blowing

Broken Gnome
16-11-2009, 08:12 PM
Nah, we really don't. Otherwise we'd be in the playoffs getting humped royally by the Dutch.

If we had enough talent, then our domestic clubs would be faring a little bit better in Europe too because after all, they can and often do cherry pick the sweet corn from the ***** so to speak.

I think you're deluding yourself that we even have a semi decent bunch of players. The facts speak for themselves our domestic teams can't compete with domestic clubs from the Ukraine nowadays and i seriously doubt our international team will ever find the form we had after Auld Bertie ****ed off.

Most of our talent's in England though, any club comparisons are meaningless.

blackpoolhibs
16-11-2009, 08:17 PM
I said exactly the same thing earlier on to a hun mate of mine, however they made the point that these principles would hold Scotland back as he would more than likely do a good job, same applies to the other huns.

I struggled to give a good argument back as he was probably right, however if he did come back, it just wouldn't be right after he deserted us after we saved his career.

I think Smith is a stick on to get the job though.

I dont think he would do a great job now. He has lost a lot of the fans, he'd then lose more if he brought back the reptiles that deserted. We need to look forward, not back imho.

ScottB
16-11-2009, 08:31 PM

The Irish league is mince, so the state of the domestic league is an irrelevance.

We suffer because we have only one player playing at the highest club level, and only 2 or 3 at most who are or could be capable of that.

Thats the reason for our struggles, the better Scottish sides of old were all plying their trade in big leagues, even in the 90's we still had Collins and Lambert off on the big stage.

sh00byd00
16-11-2009, 09:37 PM
Most of our talent's in England though, any club comparisons are meaningless.

If we were talking about the likes Hansen, Dalglish, Souness, then i'd agree with you, but apart from Gordon and Darren Fletcher we have no real talent down South.

McFadden, Steven Fletcher and O'Connor aren't considered to be anything but average down South and aren't exactly in demand from better and greater club other than the clubs they are with. i can fully appreciate why this is the case.

Hell, take those 5 player out (3 of which i don't rate at international level) of the equation and you're left with the likes of Alexander and SPL fodder making up the numbers.

I think he does well for Hibs, but like i said previously, I'd be very, very surprised if Deek ever makes an impact outwith the SPL. In fact, I'll buy you a season ticket if he turns out better than those that are currently embarrassing us.

I dunno what other Scottish fans see differently from myself as some of them seem to think we potentially have a squad of players that should be at least on par with the likes of Sweden et al. I've yet to see this bunch of mythical players myself.

sh00byd00
16-11-2009, 09:48 PM
The Irish league is mince, so the state of the domestic league is an irrelevance.

We suffer because we have only one player playing at the highest club level, and only 2 or 3 at most who are or could be capable of that.

Thats the reason for our struggles, the better Scottish sides of old were all plying their trade in big leagues, even in the 90's we still had Collins and Lambert off on the big stage.

yeah, but our squad relies heavily on players from our own league which isn't the case with both Wales and Ireland.

Just Jimmy
16-11-2009, 10:08 PM
If we were talking about the likes Hansen, Dalglish, Souness, then i'd agree with you, but apart from Gordon and Darren Fletcher we have no real talent down South.

McFadden, Steven Fletcher and O'Connor aren't considered to be anything but average down South and aren't exactly in demand from better and greater club other than the clubs they are with. i can fully appreciate why this is the case.

Hell, take those 5 player out (3 of which i don't rate at international level) of the equation and you're left with the likes of Alexander and SPL fodder making up the numbers.

I think he does well for Hibs, but like i said previously, I'd be very, very surprised if Deek ever makes an impact outwith the SPL. In fact, I'll buy you a season ticket if he turns out better than those that are currently embarrassing us.

I dunno what other Scottish fans see differently from myself as some of them seem to think we potentially have a squad of players that should be at least on par with the likes of Sweden et al. I've yet to see this bunch of mythical players myself.

That's a fantastic post. One could argue that the likes of Riordan have never had a fair crack, however if you consider what players of a similar level have achieved then your assessment is entirely justified.

Folk are making a song and dance about our negative style. That's all we have, backs to the wall, kick the other team a bit and hope for a lucky break. Any team with some style or class will murder us. Ramsay is 18, yet pissed on us at the weekend. He plays for one of the biggest teams in Europe, and one of the top three footballing sides. He's learning football as it should be played.

There in lies the problem. Stone age methods, and stone age results. We need a complete overall from top to bottom. Until this happens we'll never see success. The answers are well discussed, they are never put into action, and the way I'm feeling about the national side right now, I can't be bothered worrying about it anymore.

Robbie1875
16-11-2009, 10:28 PM
Jedward

:faf:

sh00byd00
16-11-2009, 10:28 PM
I'd like to make it clear that I'm not slating Riordan per se, as I think he's good for Hibs and he's one of the best in the SPL, but I'm merely being realistic in my observations. You just need to compare his ability with the likes of Ramsay (like you mentioned) to see where I'm coming from.

blackpoolhibs
16-11-2009, 10:32 PM
I'd like to make it clear that I'm not slating Riordan per se, as I think he's good for Hibs and he's one of the best in the SPL, but I'm merely being realistic in my observations. You just need to compare his ability with the likes of Ramsay (like you mentioned) to see where I'm coming from.

I agree, i'm not convinced Derek has it in him to make a great international player for Scotland. What i am very sure of though, is he's a damn site better than some who have been played before him.

ScottB
16-11-2009, 10:32 PM
That's a fantastic post. One could argue that the likes of Riordan have never had a fair crack, however if you consider what players of a similar level have achieved then your assessment is entirely justified.

Folk are making a song and dance about our negative style. That's all we have, backs to the wall, kick the other team a bit and hope for a lucky break. Any team with some style or class will murder us. Ramsay is 18, yet pissed on us at the weekend. He plays for one of the biggest teams in Europe, and one of the top three footballing sides. He's learning football as it should be played.

There in lies the problem. Stone age methods, and stone age results. We need a complete overall from top to bottom. Until this happens we'll never see success. The answers are well discussed, they are never put into action, and the way I'm feeling about the national side right now, I can't be bothered worrying about it anymore.

Exactly.

There is no excuse or reason as to why we aren't producing more top players. If Wales and Ireland can produce the goods (never mind the likes of Norway, Denmark and other small nations) then so can we.

Our domestic league is almost totally reliant on homegrown players, so either it's something the clubs are doing wrong in the development phase, or more likely something is going wrong before they get to the clubs.

I do think we have some very good players in Gordon (on his day the best British keeper easily for me) Darren Fletcher obviously, Brown and Hutton have potential, McFadden has his moments. But obviously, we have little else to call upon.

Hence why I suggested that we need a Houllier style figure; someone to be given complete control over the youth development system and rebuild it from the ground up, something is fundamentally broken in this country, there is no physical reason that we can't produce a player as good as England, Ireland, Holland or whoever else, so the SFA must stop ignoring the obvious and actually try and make a difference.

Hibbie_Cameron
16-11-2009, 10:40 PM

Bang on James

The SFA have been going on about giving grassroots football an overhaul from primary school age upwards for the past 20+ years but next to nothing has been done to this day

Regina Phalange
16-11-2009, 10:51 PM
I think we need to bring a top class foreign coach in who can look at things with a fresh eye. Most Scottish coaches who come in will fall into the same trap of relying on the likes of McManus, Caldwell and Miller in the spine of the team simply because they are obvious picks; they are the guys with the most caps in their positions and are playing at a "decent" level for the Old Firm. Our next game is not until March. If we could get someone in now he could probably attend 50+ matches and watch countless others on DVD, speak to the players and their coaches and pick a fresh squad on its own merits.

The likes of Gerard Houllier, Roberto Mancini, Juande Ramos, Marco Van Basten, Luciano Spalletti and Luis Aragones are all out of work just now. We need to show a little ambition and at least make the call to these types of manager and see if we can tempt someone. Yes, we will have to pay a decent wage, but that will probably be offset by the fact that we won't have to sack them after 18 months - more likely we will have someone pay us compensation to put them in a club job.

If we have to stay Scottish I would like to see John Collins get the job. I think part of his problem at Hibs was making the mental step down from his club career in the Premiership, Ligue 1, European Competitions and internationals, to dealing with the grind of the SPL, transfer fees of a few thousand here and there, scouting in League Two and dealing with guys who would rather be getting pished than training. I was a fan of what he tried to do at Hibs and a lot of his ideas were right, and I think the Scotland job would give him a better stage to play to his strengths.

Mag7
16-11-2009, 10:56 PM
Forget Levein. He is unlikely to take the job, and even if he did it would be on a McLeish style tenure, ie only if he thought it could raise his profile to secure a better job in England. He's also a bit of a w**k.

Smith is also unlikely to return to the Scotland job where he would almost certainly blot an impressive copy book last time round given how poor the current side is. While I would like to see him back in the post, I think retirement is his next big move.

Any other vaguely attractive names will not touch the Scotland job and risk sabotaging their managerial careers, as Burley has just done.

So, the realistic Scottish contenders I'm afraid are the likes of Jefferies and Calderwood, and further afield there are bound to be a few washed-up old foreign managers whose names might be famous enough to get them in the frame.

A sorry state of affairs, but that's about the sum of it.

Oranje39
16-11-2009, 11:00 PM
My pick would be Csaba Laszlo or if we had to stay Scottish it would be John Collins.

Bishop Hibee
16-11-2009, 11:04 PM
Roy Hodgson.

Smith will actually get the job-it's a set up.

If Hodgson keeps doing well at Fulham he'll be in the running for the England job when Capello goes.

Don't know about a set up but with Smith out of contract at Christmas it's all set for his return. I can't see Levein taking the job. If they win their game in hand v the huns they're ahead of us in the league.

ScottB
16-11-2009, 11:10 PM
Forget Levein. He is unlikely to take the job, and even if he did it would be on a McLeish style tenure, ie only if he thought it could raise his profile to secure a better job in England. He's also a bit of a w**k.

Smith is also unlikely to return to the Scotland job where he would almost certainly blot an impressive copy book last time round given how poor the current side is. While I would like to see him back in the post, I think retirement is his next big move.

Any other vaguely attractive names will not touch the Scotland job and risk sabotaging their managerial careers, as Burley has just done.

So, the realistic Scottish contenders I'm afraid are the likes of Jefferies and Calderwood, and further afield there are bound to be a few washed-up old foreign managers whose names might be famous enough to get them in the frame.

I disagree, Burley looks bad because he took a team that ran Italy and France close into the mud, if the next guy fails then it's no surprise.

If we appoint any SPL manager (with maybe Levein as an exception) we might as well just give up now.

poolman
17-11-2009, 12:31 AM

I'm probably wrong but there's no way I would think Jeffries or Calderwood would ever be considered for the job

I think Mcgee was quite close the last time but he's just as big a fud as the other two, I mean he might not want our defenders to go in too hard with "robust tackles"

I agree with you saying a sorry state of affairs because that exactly what it is, not really got much of a clue myself but John Collins might not be too bad an appointment

As it's an international appointment it might mean that with not so much day to day involvement with players it could be less time to fall out with them :greengrin

jgl07
17-11-2009, 01:01 AM
Agree with that, can't for the life of me see why an SPL manager would want the job either.
Walter may want a way out of Rangers.

CalgaryHibs
17-11-2009, 01:37 AM
Gordon Strachan ?

Even though i cannae stand him he would be my vote,

CalgaryHibs
17-11-2009, 01:39 AM
Walter may want a way out of Rangers.

aye Walter could be the replacement, but we as a country are running oot of managers me thinks.....

NaeTechnoHibby
17-11-2009, 01:53 AM
Smith would be able to set up a Scotland team not to lose.
That would seem to be an improvement, but it's not what I want.

Let's get someone in who doesn't mind attacking and trying to win games. Someone who is not frightened to give youth a chance. Someone who has enough belief in his own ability to plan to bond and develop these younger players over a period of 2 or 3 years.

Not sure who this person is, but it sure isn't uncle Walter.

I'd ask Wenger if he'd like a bit of experience of International management before he takes over the French job. :greengrin

We've just sacked a man like that :rolleyes:

He got 22 months :wink:

It's not going to happen IMO :bitchy:

Iain G
17-11-2009, 01:58 AM
Stuart Baxter!!! :wink:

Seriously don't know why anyone would want this job other than if they are out of management and want to get their face in the frame for some job in England.

Can't see working for that Rangers appologist Gordon Smith being high up on any managers list!!!

Scotland job is not an attractive one, too much pressure from the Old Firm and Old Firm biased media who will be clamouring for the return of Barry and Boyd and chums, and not the chance to clear out the deadwood and develop a young team which is what should happen as there are some good young Scottish players around.

Maybe it is about time we got a joint UK team... :devil::wink:

Chuckie
17-11-2009, 04:03 AM
Shabby Lesbo..

bathhibby
17-11-2009, 04:58 AM
Fergie when he retires @ the end of the season ?

Betty Boop
17-11-2009, 07:54 AM
Five Live are reporting that Craig Brown has not ruled out a return to the job. :greengrin

bingo70
17-11-2009, 07:58 AM
Five Live are reporting that Craig Brown has not ruled out a return to the job. :greengrin

SSN reporting that Mark Mghee won't be applying for the job.

Neither will I, they're not reporting that though, not sure why :dunno:

euro Hibby
17-11-2009, 08:05 AM
Of those mentioned I would like either John collins or Craig Levine.

Collins does not have a lot of experience but I think he knows the game and
above all he will push to get the game going at youth levels.

Levine hs been around and is competent.

Septimus
17-11-2009, 08:39 AM
Of the gentlemen listed John Collins gets my vote. Does he have the strength of character to choose a team which is truly representative of the talent available in Scotland? I don't know but surely he has the footballing brain to see that picking huddies like Caldwell at center back is a recipe for disaster.

There are talented young players coming through in the Scottish League. A couple of weeks ago I watched Falkirk play Celtic and thought that Mitchell was outstanding. Needless to say the nod went to the boy in the green and white hoops who was utterly useless against a young emergent Wales who scored goals by getting to the bye line and crossing the ball low and hard into the area.

We need a break from the past, the patience to build, youngsters who will revere the dark blue shirt and who will learn against the great teams while holding their own with the lesser teams. The Tartan Army will applaude and encourage any team which they see to be trying.

Continuity should not mean filling the team with OF players and throwing a few crumbs to the teams seen by the media as also rans.

I think Collins meets these criteria and has experienced football at the top level. Whats more his definition of a six pack is not something being sold cheap at the local supermarket.

Peevemor
17-11-2009, 08:45 AM
Of the gentlemen listed John Collins gets my vote. Does he have the strength of character to choose a team which is truly representative of the talent available in Scotland? I don't know but surely he has the footballing brain to see that picking huddies like Caldwell at center back is a recipe for disaster.

He certainly knows how to spot a huddie! :agree:

I'm not convinced that JC's management style would be suited to players he sees for only a couple of days every few months.

With that said, I'm not sure it's suited to players he sees every day either. :cool2:

J-C
17-11-2009, 09:09 AM
[QUOTE=Septimus;2244001]Of the gentlemen listed John Collins gets my vote. Does he have the strength of character to choose a team which is truly representative of the talent available in Scotland? I don't know but surely he has the footballing brain to see that picking huddies like Caldwell at center back is a recipe for disaster.

QUOTE]

Oh aye, huddies like AOB, Morais, Gatteussi.:greengrin

blackpoolhibs
17-11-2009, 09:18 AM

Kevin McCann is nearly fit again.

Steve20
17-11-2009, 09:21 AM
Can't say i care, but anyone who does want Scotland to do well then Walter Smith should be the number one target. Looks like he will be leaving the Huns in January.

To the people who complain he walked out on Scotland - Big deal. The Huns are his team, so when they came calling then he would have been mad to turn it down. I know that if I was doing well as Scotland manager and Hibs wanted me as manager, I would in a second.

Betty Boop
17-11-2009, 10:13 AM
John Collins interested in the job.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/internationals/8363594.stm

Bad Martini
17-11-2009, 11:23 AM
I think it's a given that whoever gets the job can probably pick a team better than Burley. Short of McBerti's woeful ineptitude at player selection, I can think of nobody worse.....

I didn't like Pa Broon's old-firm centric teams BUT, at least we qualified....now, we dont even do that !

I note from the linked article above we've had Collins throwing his hat into the pot, Pa Broon saying he wouldn't let his country doon AND Jim Jeffries all touting for the job (but claiming they're no :greengrin)....its maybe not as unappealing as some would suggest.

And at least Souness is oot the picture. It MIGHT yet work oot....:agree:

MacBean
17-11-2009, 01:09 PM
Scotsman mentions Shabby as a possible candidate

JimBHibees
17-11-2009, 02:34 PM
2 reasons for Levein, 1) he is a decent manager and would do a good job and 2) think him leaving would weaken one of our main competitors this season.

hibee92
17-11-2009, 02:58 PM
2 reasons for Levein, 1) he is a decent manager and would do a good job and 2) think him leaving would weaken one of our main competitors this season.

:agree:

heretoday
17-11-2009, 03:03 PM
:agree:

Good thinking 92! Two birds with one stone. United out of the way, the world is ours!

Speedway
17-11-2009, 03:28 PM
Our best FIFA ranking of all time was 13th under Wally Schmidt.

McLeish kept that going for a while and Burley has undone it. Skanks like Fergushun and 'Charlie' Boyd haven't helped matters but the fact remains that we've been at our best in qualifying recently when we've had relative no marks in charge (Roxburgh and Brown) and our highest ranking came under Smith.

Looking at the candidates available and considering the best choice (SAF) wouldn't countenance it, I think it has to be the unpopular Uncle Walter with Laughing Lexo as an assistant.

However, if we're looking for a solution right out of left field with international pedigree, what about Lothar Mattheus or Didier Deschamps?

ancienthibby
17-11-2009, 03:33 PM

No prospect whatsoever!!

Stephen Thompson will place a £500,000 (at least - Levein is manager, director and shareholder!!) price tag on his head and the SFA have 'sweet fanny adam' in their petty cash tin!:greengrin

ancient hibee
17-11-2009, 03:37 PM
Hope it's Collins and then Tommy Craig can get back to working with players again and spotting potential internationalists.

blackpoolhibs
17-11-2009, 03:47 PM
Hope it's Collins and then Tommy Craig can get back to working with players again and spotting potential internationalists.

:faf::faf::top marks

Betty Boop
17-11-2009, 06:32 PM
Kenny Dalglish?

fife hfc
17-11-2009, 06:56 PM
dick Advocaat would have been my choice, but he has taken on the Belgium job. So somebody in his ilk. He has experience of international football, experience of scottish football, won honours and takes no *****. Though the call above for Roy Hodgson is a good one imho.

West Upper
17-11-2009, 07:12 PM
Craig Levein or Jim Jeffries

Onceinawhile
17-11-2009, 07:17 PM
klinsmann?

LamontHFC©
17-11-2009, 08:02 PM
Guus Hiddink or Gerard Houllier please .

If only eh. . :pray:

.Sean.
17-11-2009, 08:11 PM
Some Jambo bam at work said to me that Scotland could do worse than appoint Shabba :faf:

Burghibs
17-11-2009, 08:14 PM
I would like to see Craig levein get the job but i would also have Joe Jordan as the manager.

ScottB
17-11-2009, 09:20 PM
Our best FIFA ranking of all time was 13th under Wally Schmidt.

McLeish kept that going for a while and Burley has undone it. Skanks like Fergushun and 'Charlie' Boyd haven't helped matters but the fact remains that we've been at our best in qualifying recently when we've had relative no marks in charge (Roxburgh and Brown) and our highest ranking came under Smith.

Looking at the candidates available and considering the best choice (SAF) wouldn't countenance it, I think it has to be the unpopular Uncle Walter with Laughing Lexo as an assistant.

However, if we're looking for a solution right out of left field with international pedigree, what about Lothar Mattheus or Didier Deschamps?

I don't put much stock in the rankings, we got into the highs by beating a fading French side, a notable achievement of course, but their status earned us many ranking points.

Even beating the teams in our group (Holland aside) would have seen us slide down the rankings.

We should, saying that, be floating around the top 20 - 25 at least.

lyonhibs
17-11-2009, 10:10 PM
I'm quite prepared to give any candidate my backing and support as long as his name is NOT Graeme *****ing Souness.

Mercifully the arrogant Hun arse appears have put the kybosh on him taking the role, but you just never know with the SFA.

Dashing Bob S
17-11-2009, 10:15 PM
Sandy Clark would be the best choice.

Riordans Boots
17-11-2009, 10:27 PM
Feb 7th is D-Day to decide :grr:

Iain G
18-11-2009, 05:48 AM
Bobby Williamson would be a great fit, and Bobby Mann could finally make his long waited Scotland debut :wink:

bighairyfaeleith
18-11-2009, 08:02 AM
said on sky sports that Joe Kinnear wants the jobs!!

Speedway
18-11-2009, 08:41 AM

Dear me. Roy Kinnear would be a better bet than him.

JimBHibees
18-11-2009, 08:44 AM

:faf::faf:

JimBHibees
18-11-2009, 08:55 AM
No prospect whatsoever!!

Stephen Thompson will place a £500,000 (at least - Levein is manager, director and shareholder!!) price tag on his head and the SFA have 'sweet fanny adam' in their petty cash tin!:greengrin

I am not so sure Levein would allow such a clause to be put on his head, some compensation sure however not something that would limit him if he wanted to leave IMO.

blackpoolhibs
18-11-2009, 08:59 AM

I'd love him to get the job. He would tell the press exactly what he thought of them, and do exactly the same with the SFA. The football may not be any better, but he'd give us a laugh.:greengrin

JimBHibees
18-11-2009, 09:01 AM
I'd love him to get the job. He would tell the press exactly what he thought of them, and do exactly the same with the SFA. The football may not be any better, but he'd give us a laugh.:greengrin

Right which of you freaking ****s is Keith Jackson :greengrin

--------
18-11-2009, 09:11 AM

:top marks

Always the Joker, Bob.

--------
18-11-2009, 09:12 AM
Right which of you freaking ****s is Keith Jackson :greengrin

I'M Keith Jackson!

Peevemor
18-11-2009, 09:22 AM
I'M Keith Jackson!

I'm Keith Jackson and so's my inflatable wife.

blackpoolhibs
18-11-2009, 10:33 AM
I'm Keith Jackson and so's my inflatable wife.

:faf::faf::faf::top marks

--------
18-11-2009, 10:57 AM
:faf::faf::faf::top marks

Blackpool - no offence, mate - but that new avatar of yours's seriously scary. Those eyes follow you all round the room. :worried:

Dashing Bob S
18-11-2009, 11:27 AM
:top marks

Always the Joker, Bob.

Alas, I'm not joking, or at least only half-joking, Doddie. I think that's about the level Scotland are currently at.

I don't know what he's doing at the moment, but you could be sure that any switch to the Scotland would mean a drop in salary and prestige.

The question is: is he enough of a patriot to ignore those considerations?

Speedway
18-11-2009, 01:05 PM
You've got to look for someone who has both played and managed at the highest level. Ideally, you want somone who knows Scottish Football. Ideally, a younger manager with that pedigree is a plus and you need need him to be familiar with youth and prepared to let them come along for the ride.

That settles it - Call Graham Rix!

blackpoolhibs
18-11-2009, 01:11 PM
Blackpool - no offence, mate - but that new avatar of yours's seriously scary. Those eyes follow you all round the room. :worried:

I'm sorry Doddie, i tried to find an attractive hun, one that would appeal to everyone. I thought i had found that beauty. Sorry if it offends mate, but this one is more for the masses. :wink:

Hibs90
18-11-2009, 01:23 PM
At first I thought Levein, but I'd like to see JC get the job.

Golden Bear
19-11-2009, 10:49 AM
We have a new candidate!

Words fail me right now!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/h/heart_of_midlothian/8368005.stm

Bad Martini
19-11-2009, 10:59 AM
We have a new candidate!

Words fail me right now!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/h/heart_of_midlothian/8368005.stm

Shabba states "they havent contacted me yet" ... and he's surprised :greengrin

Wilson
19-11-2009, 11:06 AM
At first I thought Levein, but I'd like to see JC get the job.

Jimmy Calderwood? No thanks. Your first thought was better.

Lucius Apuleius
19-11-2009, 11:32 AM
A lot of people wanting the cardigan back surprises me. Why not go the whole hog and see if Scotland's most successful manager ever would be willing to give up his UEFA job and come back for his country?

Dibben
19-11-2009, 11:43 AM
Shabba states "they havent contacted me yet" ... and he's surprised :greengrin

Shabba could be a good shout!!

He's used to working with highly paid players who rarely perform
He's used to not having any money to spend
He's already got a record of scrapping 1 - 0 wins (albeit not this season)

I reckon he's only open to taking it as Nade isn't Scottish...

BH.