PDA

View Full Version : Would Riordan be justified in refusing to play for Scotland again?

hibsbollah
14-11-2009, 06:15 PM
Usually Ive got no time for players who go in a strop with their national team. But in Deeks case its just getting ridiculous now, with Burley's snide comments in the media and his refusal to play him for any more than 15 minutes per match when he does get picked, it must be crossing Deeks mind to tell Burley to GTF. I'd completely support him if he did. Thoughts?

500miles
14-11-2009, 06:21 PM
No. It shouldn't be about ego.

jakedance
14-11-2009, 06:22 PM
No. We've had too much of this kind of business already with players taking the huff. Deek should represent his country when called upon.

Edit: I should add that I think Deek hasn't been given a fair chance over the two recent friendlies. He should have been given at least a half in one of the games to show what he can do. Little more than ten minutes in each game isn't giving him a fair chance to get involved and Burley is a complete clown. Deek has every reason to be pissed off but he needs to just keep the heed and work on improving.

Removed
14-11-2009, 06:24 PM
No. It shouldn't be about ego.

If he did tell Burley to gtf it wouldn't be about ego imo, it would be because Burley doesn't have a clue what he is doing.

Even if Deeks wanted to, he should keep it shut just now. Burley has been found out big style, it's only a matter of time before he is exited, then Deeks should get a chance.If he opens his mouth now he'll probably be finished at international level.

Toaods
14-11-2009, 06:27 PM
burley will not likely be in charge of our next game. If he is I'd find it hard to believe many will buy a ticket.

They are crap and he is 'tactically inept' <--- not used that since Mixu was the manager.

HibbyAndy
14-11-2009, 06:30 PM
burley will not likely be in charge of our next game. If he is I'd find it hard to believe many will buy a ticket.

They are crap and he is 'tactically inept' <--- not used that since Mixu was the manager.

Correct.

greenlex
14-11-2009, 06:30 PM

he just needs Vlad to pick the team. I wish they got on better. :agree:

500miles
14-11-2009, 06:32 PM
If he did tell Burley to gtf it wouldn't be about ego imo, it would be because Burley doesn't have a clue what he is doing.

To my mind that = It's not worth my time playing for you = ego.

givescotlandfreedom
14-11-2009, 06:32 PM
What snidey remarks did the jambo jakey make about Riordan?

Danderhall Hibs
14-11-2009, 06:33 PM
What snidey remarks did the jambo jakey make about Riordan?

All I know that he said was prior to the Japan game: "it's his last chance" or something along those lines.

Sir David Gray
14-11-2009, 06:34 PM
Whilst I personally wouldn't make that decision, I think it would be completely understandable if he told Burley where to go. It's an absolute joke that he has now been taken to Japan and Wales and has been involved for a combined total of under 30 minutes.

I understood why Boyd did what he did and I would feel the same with Riordan, even if I wouldn't go down that road if I was in that position.

Removed
14-11-2009, 06:47 PM
To my mind that = It's not worth my time playing for you = ego.

:confused: But it is worth his time, except that the yam fud is not playing him.

I would tell him to GTF if I saw him but if I was in Deeks position I'd keep my gob shut.

PeterboroHibee
14-11-2009, 06:50 PM
Why should Riordan be guaranteed a start, or more than just a sub appearance at the end?

Since he has only managed to get back into the international team he is still down a bit in the pecking order, and I dont see the problem with him getting sub appearances until he has proven himself by scoring; can argue that he maybe needs a whole game to do this but this is totally different to club football and he will need to snatch whatever chance he can get.

What I dont agree with is Miller getting started over the likes of Fletcher! He is the worst player in the Scotland squad, I feel embarrassed when he plays for Scotland, and the sooner he is punted the better; how can a manager show faith in a player who cant score?

frazeHFC
14-11-2009, 06:50 PM
Burley will be gone soon hopefulyl so the new manager will see sense that Miller is crap and Deeks should be in.

Why play Miller, we should play McCormack and Fletcher because they will be our key strikers for the Euro's campaign, Miller is old and won't be in Scotland that long, get the new generation in :agree:

Winston Ingram
14-11-2009, 06:52 PM
Reason: Ridiculous question

J-C
14-11-2009, 06:54 PM
No, don't stoop to Burley's level and go in the huff like cry baby Boyd, stick at it and hopefully when Burley's gone his successor will give him more time.

ScottB
14-11-2009, 07:03 PM
Uh no, he should be the bigger man.

Would you support him telling Yogi to do one if he stopped playing him?

hibsbollah
14-11-2009, 07:15 PM
Reason: Ridiculous question

I apologise unreservedly:faf:

Part/Time Supporter
14-11-2009, 07:33 PM
Never mind now, Riordan should have done it after the Japan game, because Burley's treatment of him before and during that game was absurd. Burley built him up before the game, then picked in him in an apparently weak squad. That squad was weakened further by several call-offs, which necessitated the addition of several players (including Lee Miller and Craig Conway). Yet come the match itself, some of the players who hadn't even been selected in the original squad were picked to start the game.

Burley is worse than Berti.

blackpoolhibs
14-11-2009, 07:38 PM
Refusing to play for your country is the hun way, leave them to make ***** of themselves.

DirtyDeeds
14-11-2009, 07:41 PM
Crazy, blinkered Green-biased thinking to suggest he should chuck it. Its an honour to get the call, regardless of how gash we are. Was it not Scot Gemmill who got called into 50/60-odd squads yet earned about 20 caps? Thats the attitude we miss around our squad. Its getting painful seeing Kenny Miller continually getting the number 9 jersey game after game, its unfortunate he isnt one of the guys who likes to get a 'niggle' around friendly time. Your time is over Kenny, please walk away.

Mibbes Aye
14-11-2009, 07:43 PM
Burley seems to be pretty pish. Nevertheless players don't pick teams. I would love to see Deek at the heart (or rather, drifting in from the left) of a Scotland team but if the manager, whomsoever that maybe, doesn't want him then that's that. Any player who deselects as a consequence of not being picked needs a word with themselves and doesn't probably deserve a selection.

Having said all that, I'm a fan of scrapping international football anyway.

Hibbyradge
14-11-2009, 07:55 PM
I wonder how Olly Solskjaer would vote.

Hibbyradge
14-11-2009, 07:56 PM
Are folk on here suggesting that Kris Boyd was right to turn his back on Scotland cos he didn't get picked?

--------
14-11-2009, 07:59 PM
Burley seems to be pretty pish. Nevertheless players don't pick teams. I would love to see Deek at the heart (or rather, drifting in from the left) of a Scotland team but if the manager, whomsoever that maybe, doesn't want him then that's that. Any player who deselects as a consequence of not being picked needs a word with themselves and doesn't probably deserve a selection.

Having said all that, I'm a fan of scrapping international football anyway.

I don't have a lot of time for international football either. That's probably because right now the Scotland team's very poor - if we had qualified for South Africa I might very well feel differently.

I agree totally that Deek shouldn't say or do anything to alienate himself from the Scotland team. He makes himself available when called up, and plays when he's told to by whoever's the manager at the time. That's just being professional, IMO, and Deek's been showing a much higher level of professionalism this season than hitherto - because of this, he's now a much more valuable player for Hibs than he was first time round. Lie low, say nothing, take it a day at a time, and it'll come good, IMO. He has the talent.

Same goes for Ian Murray, IMO - a sensible manager will pick both Deek and Ian eventually.

No country's FA can afford to sustain a situation where the fans, the reporters and the players see their manager and ask themselves, "Is he sober? Drunk? Out of it?"

Burley's a twonk and needs launching immediately.

marinello59
14-11-2009, 08:04 PM
I don't have a lot of time for international football either. That's probably because right now the Scotland team's very poor - if we had qualified for South Africa I might very well feel differently.

I wouldn't. I never used to miss a Hampden International. Now I think International fitba is a busted flush. If I want to see the best players and teams in the world play to the best of their ability then its the Champions League that I will tune to.

--------
14-11-2009, 08:07 PM
I wouldn't. I never used to miss a Hampden International. Now I think International fitba is a busted flush. If I want to see the best players and teams in the world play to the best of their ability then its the Champions League that I will tune to.

You may be right. I'll watch the Ivory Coast's games - for Sol the Bam's sake. If the Republic of Ireland get there, I'll watch them, for Miller, Stokes, and Stack if they're picked. I'd have watched Morocco too if they'd qualified - for Benji and Zouma.

Part/Time Supporter
14-11-2009, 08:22 PM
Are folk on here suggesting that Kris Boyd was right to turn his back on Scotland cos he didn't get picked?

Yes. There was no rational justification for selecting Iwelumo ahead of him.

Judas Iscariot
14-11-2009, 08:31 PM

Even if Deeks wanted to, he should keep it shut just now. Burley has been found out big style, it's only a matter of time before he is exited, then Deeks should get a chance.If he opens his mouth now he'll probably be finished at international level.

:agree:

Spot on!

Lee Miller, Kenny Miller, Naismith, Kyle and Don *****in Cowie have all had more game time than Derek in the last 2 games..

Pathetic behaviour from the Jakey Jambo Jism stain, STILL trying to get one over Riordan and Hibs..

GTF Burley you alcoholic Herts Phanny..

Toaods
14-11-2009, 08:34 PM

different types of players and Iwelumo wants to do it for Scotland even if he did miss a sitter. In terms of leading the line on the larger sized International pitches.

Boyd's a lazy git and generally a non team man, apart from the fact he's a whining tosser...ask Walter, McLeish, Bertie Vogts, Burley in fact almost every manager he's had apart from Jumbo Jim.

millarco
14-11-2009, 08:34 PM

IIRC Iwelumo was in good form playing regularly for Wolves. He also provided more than Boyd would have in terms of build-up play and creating chances, playing in the target-man role. His selection would have worked perfectly if it hadn't been for that freakish miss, which could just as easily have happened to Boyd had he been on.

Regardless, just because you don't agree with the managers decision doesn't justify turning your back on your country. Boyd doesn't do it when Smith drops him for the big games, and if Riordan went in the huff if Hughes dropped him for whatever reason I'd be raging with him.

Removed
14-11-2009, 08:36 PM
Jakey Jambo Jism stain

:faf:

hibee_girl
14-11-2009, 08:47 PM
No. Getting picked for a Scotland squad is a massive honour and not one that should be given up in a huff imo

VegasHibby
14-11-2009, 08:58 PM
Usually Ive got no time for players who go in a strop with their national team. But in Deeks case its just getting ridiculous now, with Burley's snide comments in the media and his refusal to play him for any more than 15 minutes per match when he does get picked, it must be crossing Deeks mind to tell Burley to GTF. I'd completely support him if he did. Thoughts?

Absolutely not. This is part of the problem with the state of Scottish football. It doesn't seem to be an honour anymore to be picked and/or play for your country.

With that said,Burley please leave now !

FranckSuzy
14-11-2009, 09:01 PM
IMHO, I think George is taking the pee out of Deek and goading him somewhat. He knows how desperate Deek is to make amends/atone for his misdeamours but to me it looks like he's taking great delight in showing him who's boss. Bully-boy behaviour me thinks.

Jones28
14-11-2009, 09:07 PM
No - stooping to that low life Kris Boyds' level :agree:

WindyMiller
14-11-2009, 09:30 PM
No. Stick in there Deek and there will soon be a new manager.

OP. Why do the NO's need to give a reason but not the YES's?

hibsbollah
14-11-2009, 09:40 PM
No. Stick in there Deek and there will soon be a new manager.

OP. Why do the NO's need to give a reason but not the YES's?

This is the last time I do a poll:grr: Its like the Spanish Inquisition:chop:

WindyMiller
14-11-2009, 09:45 PM
This is the last time I do a poll:grr: Its like the Spanish Inquisition:chop:

No-one every expects the Spanish Inquisition. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHGOl-j***0

:hnet:

AFKA5814_Hibs
14-11-2009, 09:52 PM
Deek just needs to bid his time, Burley's time will be up soon enough and he'll get his chance ahead of the heidless chicken Kenny Miller.

Bloody hell, we got £2m for that guy after half a good season, best piece of business Hibs ever done.

Ed De Gramo
14-11-2009, 09:55 PM

Aye, Deeks should tell Burley to GTF....when ****** like Kevin "huddy" Kyle gets on ahead of you it's a sign that perhaps it's time to concentrate on domestic fitba :agree:

He'd be better of staying at ER and training with players he plays with week in week out than being dragged miles away to get 10 minutes at the end...

3-0 down at HT and no subs....if Deeks was brought on then he could have made an impact :agree:

Hibbyradge
14-11-2009, 09:58 PM
Should the players in the squad who didn't make the bench turn their back on Scotland too?

Players can't say that they'll only make themselves available for the National team as long as they are guaranteed X number of minutes.

Utter nonsense.

I'd have liked Deek to have had more time on the pitch, but suggesting he should take his ball away would be detrimental to him and to Hibs.

Also, he'd become a laughing stock, ffs.

erin go bragh
14-11-2009, 10:00 PM
defo no.[deeks was on 10 mins and unlucky not to score]
bide his time and burley[and they fin maroon tops]will be emptied soon.
:grr:

Ed De Gramo
14-11-2009, 10:02 PM
Should the players in the squad who didn't make the bench turn their back on Scotland too?

Players can't say that they'll only make themselves available for the National team as long as they are guaranteed X number of minutes.

Utter nonsense.

I'd have liked Deek to have had more time on the pitch, but suggesting he should take his ball away would be detrimental to him and to Hibs.

Also, he'd become a laughing stock, ffs.

How many chances is Burley gonna give Miller? A parking cone would put in a better shift than him :agree:

Deek is probably the best Scottish forward in the SPL at the moment and he's overlooked for a huddy that couldn't score in a barrel of phannies (special thanks to Desperate Dan for that :greengrin)

Hibbyradge
14-11-2009, 10:08 PM
How many chances is Burley gonna give Miller? A parking cone would put in a better shift than him :agree:

Deek is probably the best Scottish forward in the SPL at the moment and he's overlooked for a huddy that couldn't score in a barrel of phannies (special thanks to Desperate Dan for that :greengrin)

It depends what you want from your forwards.

However, if that is the case, Deek should keep playing well and prove it.

Withdrawing from the squad would just ensure even more caps for those players you don't rate and less pressure on the manager to do anything about it.

PS You must have seen some pretty nifty parking cones. What a bizarre analogy. :hilarious

Ed De Gramo
14-11-2009, 10:21 PM
It depends what you want from your forwards.

However, if that is the case, Deek should keep playing well and prove it.

Withdrawing from the squad would just ensure even more caps for those players you don't rate and less pressure on the manager to do anything about it.

PS You must have seen some pretty nifty parking cones. What a bizarre analogy. :hilarious

1st thing that came into my head :greengrin

Their 1st touch is superb :cool2:

Doesn't matter though...cause Burley heading for the door soon....cannae be many Burley fans left

Judas Iscariot
14-11-2009, 10:24 PM
I actually agree with everything you've said Gramo :agree:

Is that a good thing :confused:

:wink:

Ed De Gramo
14-11-2009, 10:29 PM
I actually agree with everything you've said Gramo :agree:

Is that a good thing :confused:

:wink:

:greengrin

The world's extinction has been brought forward from 2012 to 00:01 15th November 2009...:cool2:

P.S. Whose that Gramo lad....it's Garmo/Hamrag/Gorma/Groma/Gomar/Margo/Morag :wink:

Judas Iscariot
14-11-2009, 10:38 PM
:greengrin

The world's extinction has been brought forward from 2012 to 00:01 15th November 2009...:cool2:

P.S. Whose that Gramo lad....it's Garmo/Hamrag/Gorma/Groma/Gomar/Margo/Morag :wink:

Woah..

Steady the buffs there :agree:

Don't make me delete/edit the previous post :wink:

poolman
14-11-2009, 10:44 PM
Why should Riordan be guaranteed a start, or more than just a sub appearance at the end?

Since he has only managed to get back into the international team he is still down a bit in the pecking order, and I dont see the problem with him getting sub appearances until he has proven himself by scoring; can argue that he maybe needs a whole game to do this but this is totally different to club football and he will need to snatch whatever chance he can get.

What I dont agree with is Miller getting started over the likes of Fletcher! He is the worst player in the Scotland squad, I feel embarrassed when he plays for Scotland, and the sooner he is punted the better; how can a manager show faith in a player who cant score?

Aye but, whats the point in having friendlies if your gonna play the same keek as you would in a competitive match

Shirley give guys on the fringe of the team a start in games like these

Anyway, Burleys a grade A fud :agree:

blueisthecolour
14-11-2009, 10:55 PM
The easy way to anwser this honestly is what did you think when Boyd said he wouldn't play again, if you thought Boyd was a disgrace for doing so then I think you must think the same for Riorden, If you thought Boyd was within his rights to do what he did then the same could be said for Riorden.

Is there anyone who thinks Boyd was a disgrace but also thinks DR should quit?

Steve-O
14-11-2009, 10:57 PM
I'm beginning to wonder if Kris Boyd was actually right after.

Burley has proven once again that he hasn't a clue. He is the new Bertie. Hammered by Wales again? Embarrassing.

Steve20
14-11-2009, 10:59 PM
I said all along Boyd was right.

Deeks should tell Scotland to shove it.

Hibbyradge
14-11-2009, 11:00 PM
The easy way to anwser this honestly is what did you think when Boyd said he wouldn't play again, if you thought Boyd was a disgrace for doing so then I think you must think the same for Riorden, If you thought Boyd was within his rights to do what he did then the same could be said for Riorden.

Not me. I think Boyd is a traitor.

Every professional footballer should be prepared to do whatever is asked of him for his country, when ever it is asked. However much that may be.

On another note, Burley has given Deek 2 caps. The next manager may give him none.

Steve-O
14-11-2009, 11:04 PM
It's all this talk of Riordan's 'last chance' that pisses me off. How much can he do if he doesn't even start the game ahead of d!cks I have not even heard of!! :grr:

Hibbyradge
14-11-2009, 11:05 PM
I'm beginning to wonder if Kris Boyd was actually right after.

Burley has proven once again that he hasn't a clue. He is the new Bertie. Hammered by Wales again? Embarrassing.

I said all along Boyd was right.

Deeks should tell Scotland to shove it.

I guess you must have supported the Hibs players who revolted against John Collins cos they thought he was useless too?

You'll be fully behind Sol Bamba if he's had a spat with Yogi?

Should all players be allowed to decide if and when they play for their team's manager or does this just apply to Scotland?

Don't bother answering. Your sense of honour, responsibility and patriotism is different to mine. :wink:

Glass half full
14-11-2009, 11:06 PM
Rarely post but this question has me flabbergasted.

After just getting back into the Scotland squad, why would he want to stop playing for his country?

After watching the performances this season, I think that his call up is more due to a lack of alternatives rather than a stand out start for us. Granted he has scored some goals and has been playing in a wider position but is he better than McFadden?

I feel that there has to be a touch of realism. Only 11 players can get on the pitch at any one time. Should Galbreith ask to leave Hibs as he is getting little game time, or Cregg question why he signed?

Players should behave as adults must and accept that sometimes things go in your favour and at other times you just need to keep your head down and keep working hard!

Hibbyradge
14-11-2009, 11:09 PM

After just getting back into the Scotland squad, why would he want to stop playing for his country?

After watching the performances this season, I think that his call up is more due to a lack of alternatives rather than a stand out start for us. Granted he has scored some goals and has been playing in a wider position but is he better than McFadden?

I feel that there has to be a touch of realism. Only 11 players can get on the pitch at any one time. Should Galbreith ask to leave Hibs as he is getting little game time, or Cregg question why he signed?

Players should behave as adults most and accept that sometimes things go in your favour and at other times you just need to keep your head down and keep working hard!

http://artwork.datpiff.com/m9d69ccc/Reality_A_Dose_Of_Reality-front-large.jpg

Steve-O
14-11-2009, 11:11 PM
I guess you must have supported the Hibs players who revolted against John Collins cos they thought he was useless too?

You'll be fully behind Sol Bamba if he's had a spat with Yogi?

Should all players be allowed to decide if and when they play for their team's manager or does this just apply to Scotland?

Don't bother answering. Your sense of honour, responsibility and patriotism is different to mine. :wink:

If I thought that both Collins and Yogi didn't have a bloody clue what they were doing, then yes I probably would support the players involved.

If Burley was actually doing a single thing right as manager then maybe your point would stand.

blueisthecolour
14-11-2009, 11:11 PM
Not me. I think Boyd is a traitor.

Every professional footballer should be prepared to do whatever is asked of him for his country, when ever it is asked. However much that may be.

On another note, Burley has given Deek 2 caps. The next manager may give him none.

That's fine, that's your opinion and from what I see you would think the same of DR if he choose to turn his back on Scotland.

What is the point of selecting players that you have no intention of playing?

Hibbyradge
14-11-2009, 11:17 PM
If I thought that both Collins and Yogi didn't have a bloody clue what they were doing, then yes I probably would support the players involved.

If Burley was actually doing a single thing right as manager then maybe your point would stand.

If players don't rate their manager, you think they should have the right not to play for them.

Amazing.

hibb1
14-11-2009, 11:19 PM
No---He should sit tight and keep banging goals in his time will come,Its an honour to play for your country even if the manager is a jakey trumpet he'll no be there forever but we will :thumbsup:
Leave the throwing of toys out the pram to the bams from the darkside.

Steve-O
14-11-2009, 11:22 PM
If players don't rate their manager, you think they should have the right not to play for them.

Amazing.

Er, players do have the right not to play for Scotland.

Hibbyradge
14-11-2009, 11:22 PM
That's fine, that's your opinion and from what I see you would think the same of DR if he choose to turn his back on Scotland.

What is the point of selecting players that you have no intention of playing?

Derek Riordan would not turn his back on Scotland. If he did, I'd think of him exactly the same as traitor Boyd.

However, Deek isn't as arrogant as the hun Boyd and wouldn't do anything so crass.

On your second point, you well know the answer to that.

Why are there 7 players on the bench at SPL games?

Hibbyradge
14-11-2009, 11:23 PM
Er, players do have the right not to play for Scotland.

Er, you just said that would have supported the players against Collins and Yogi too.

sleeping giant
14-11-2009, 11:25 PM
Deek needs to bang them in for us and then see what the future holds regarding Scotland.

Every player should be regarding playing for their country an honour and i am sure Deek feels the same.

Lets leave the "Opting out" of the Scotland set up to the mankies.
The more Hibs players capped for Scotland , the better.

Mon the Hibs

sleeping giant
14-11-2009, 11:26 PM
No---He should sit tight and keep banging goals in his time will come,Its an honour to play for your country even if the manager is a jakey trumpet he'll no be there forever but we will :thumbsup:
Leave the throwing of toys out the pram to the bams from the darkside.

Peach:thumbsup:
Nearly word for word:greengrin

Steve-O
14-11-2009, 11:27 PM
Er, you just said that would have supported the players against Collins and Yogi too.

I said I would support them in being unhappy with things if the manager was a complete eejit - WTF is wrong with that? As usual you changed what I actually said into "I would support them if they chose not to play" which isn't even what I said.

I've never even said that Riordan should pull out of future squads.

sleeping giant
14-11-2009, 11:28 PM
I said I would support them in being unhappy with things if the manager was a complete eejit - WTF is wrong with that? As usual you changed what I actually said into "I would support them if they chose not to play" which isn't even what I said.

I've never even said that Riordan should pull out of future squads.

So what did you say then Steve :greengrin

blueisthecolour
14-11-2009, 11:29 PM
Derek Riordan would not turn his back on Scotland. If he did, I'd think of him exactly the same as traitor Boyd.

However, Deek isn't as arrogant as the hun Boyd and wouldn't do anything so crass.

On your second point, you well know the answer to that.

Why are there 7 players on the bench at SPL games?

That's fine but will you remember it wasn't me who indicated he would/should, Im just going with the thread.

Im sure you know what im getting at, if you have say 20 mins left in a game who do you bring on looking for a goal, a guy who has no great scoring record or the top goalscorer for the last 3/4 years, I know who I would choose who would you choose?

Steve-O
14-11-2009, 11:33 PM
So what did you say then Steve :greengrin

I said I was beginning to wonder if Boyd was right. Different from "Boyd was right and Riordan should do the same".

I wouldn't be happy if players chose not to actually play for Hibs, but if it was known that they were unhappy and the manager was a stupid erse who didn't know his erse from his elbow, then I'd be on the side of the player. I wouldn't say they should refuse to play though as it would hurt Hibs more.

That said, if they never got a game anyway, what would be the difference?

Dashing Bob S
14-11-2009, 11:47 PM
I think anybody with a bit of self-respect should tell the Jambo Jakey and his equally objectionable masters at the SFA to GTF.

blackpoolhibs
14-11-2009, 11:49 PM
I wouldn't piss on Boyd if he had flames shooting out every orifice in his body.

blueisthecolour
14-11-2009, 11:52 PM
I wouldn't piss on Boyd if he had flames shooting out every orifice in his body.

What does that add to this discussion?:yawn:

blackpoolhibs
14-11-2009, 11:54 PM
What does that add to this discussion?:yawn:

If you dont like it, **** off hun.

blueisthecolour
15-11-2009, 12:03 AM
If you dont like it, **** off hun.

Again:boo hoo::yawn:

hibee62
15-11-2009, 12:43 AM
That's fine but will you remember it wasn't me who indicated he would/should, Im just going with the thread.

Im sure you know what im getting at, if you have say 20 mins left in a game who do you bring on looking for a goal, a guy who has no great scoring record or the top goalscorer for the last 3/4 years, I know who I would choose who would you choose?

Personally, I'd go for the guy who had 20 odd goals at the higher level in half a season??:dunno:

Whatever you think of Burley, no player is bigger than any team and as such they should respect whoever their manager is and do what he tells them. If he is doing such a bad job he wll be gone soon enough but the next manager will respect you so much more than if you threw your toys out the pram.

What manager wants a player in his team who will turn his back on him if things arent going well?

HONG KONG PHOOEY
15-11-2009, 12:59 AM
Voted for Deeks to bide his time. Burley is a cock and should be sacked. But Deeks waited through the Smeltic rubbish and now should be in the National Team. WHEN we get a new manager, that knows how to set up a team, then MAYBE we will see Fletch and Deeks up front.

AlanRuff
15-11-2009, 01:14 AM
No, he should hope a better manager comes in soon and gives him the chance he deserves. Burley is clearly a fud and wouldnt know a decent team if they colectively ran up and kicked him in his drink-sodden ar$e. Burley, naismith, miller, caldwell, mcmanus please GTF, you are embarassing our proud nation.:grr::grr:

Lucius Apuleius
15-11-2009, 05:55 AM
Two totally different scenarios. At the time the fat buckyswiller was not even getting a game for the hun (how embarassing must that have been!!!!) so there is no way he should have been picked for Scotland. The travelling cardigan did not think he was good enough so why the hell should the national manager. Let him rot as he would never play for me again that is for sure. Deek is different, he is performing week in and week out and deserves a decent chance although I do see the argument that he is coming back into international football so has to break his way in, however some of the dicks being played before him are without a doubt an embarassment as well. Stick in son, it will come.

Part/Time Supporter
15-11-2009, 07:00 AM

Players should behave as adults must and accept that sometimes things go in your favour and at other times you just need to keep your head down and keep working hard!

There is no comparison between club and country. The club is a player's employer, therefore the player has an obligation to provide his services. The international team is a voluntary setup, so the player has no such obligation. The key role of an international manager is to organise and motivate his group of players to provide their best; Walter Smith and Alex McLeish did this, Berti Vogts and Berti Burley haven't.

Part/Time Supporter
15-11-2009, 07:03 AM
different types of players and Iwelumo wants to do it for Scotland even if he did miss a sitter. In terms of leading the line on the larger sized International pitches.

Boyd's a lazy git and generally a non team man, apart from the fact he's a whining tosser...ask Walter, McLeish, Bertie Vogts, Burley in fact almost every manager he's had apart from Jumbo Jim.

IIRC Iwelumo was in good form playing regularly for Wolves. He also provided more than Boyd would have in terms of build-up play and creating chances, playing in the target-man role. His selection would have worked perfectly if it hadn't been for that freakish miss, which could just as easily have happened to Boyd had he been on.

Regardless, just because you don't agree with the managers decision doesn't justify turning your back on your country. Boyd doesn't do it when Smith drops him for the big games, and if Riordan went in the huff if Hughes dropped him for whatever reason I'd be raging with him.

:blah:

Personally speaking, I'd rather go with the guy who is going to become the top goalscorer in SPL history and had scored 7 goals in 15 internationals over a 30 year old journeyman who had one short spell of decent form in his career.

col02
15-11-2009, 07:32 AM
Riordan has to keep knocking at the door and when his chance comes take it with both hands. Better players than him imho are not guaranteed a start with Scotland even though we are poor as a team at the moment.

hibsbollah
15-11-2009, 07:48 AM
Two totally different scenarios. At the time the fat buckyswiller was not even getting a game for the hun (how embarassing must that have been!!!!) so there is no way he should have been picked for Scotland. The travelling cardigan did not think he was good enough so why the hell should the national manager. Let him rot as he would never play for me again that is for sure. Deek is different, he is performing week in and week out and deserves a decent chance although I do see the argument that he is coming back into international football so has to break his way in, however some of the dicks being played before him are without a doubt an embarassment as well. Stick in son, it will come.

That would be my take on it as well. Boyd and Riordan isnt a useful comparison, Riordan would have more justification for taking the hump than Boyd did.

Golden Bear
15-11-2009, 08:32 AM
What on earth would be the point in telling Burley to stuff it? He would only be cutting off his nose to spite his face.

In years to come when Derek looks back on his career, then one of the measurements of his success as a player will be the number of international caps he won for his country. The more caps he earns then the more proud he'll be and his bragging rights will increase immeasurably!

And in any case, Burley won't be around for much longer.

millarco
15-11-2009, 09:43 AM
There is no comparison between club and country. The club is a player's employer, therefore the player has an obligation to provide his services. The international team is a voluntary setup, so the player has no such obligation. The key role of an international manager is to organise and motivate his group of players to provide their best; Walter Smith and Alex McLeish did this, Berti Vogts and Berti Burley haven't.

I could be wrong but is there not some rule that forces players to turn up for international duty? I think it's very rarely used, but IIRC France threatened to apply it to Claude Makelele when he wanted to retire from international duty, enforcing a 3 or 4 match club ban.

Regardless, it's a shame when international duty has to come down to whether a player is oblliged to play. There should still be a bit of honour and pride about being selected for the squad. I don't see a great difference between the Boyd and Riordan situations, other than the fact that one is a Hibs player and the other isn't. Both would be turning their back on their country, which for me is shocking.

Personally speaking, I'd rather go with the guy who is going to become the top goalscorer in SPL history and had scored 7 goals in 15 internationals over a 30 year old journeyman who had one short spell of decent form in his career.

I would have started the game with Boyd, think we played McFadden in the lone striker role or something daft like that. However there was still some justification for bringing Iwelumo on instead.

Dr Jimmy
15-11-2009, 10:18 AM
I didn't see the game yesterday or even the team, but I have been thinking for some time that we should be playing Riordan on the left and allow him to link up with Fletcher. I also think we have reached the end of the road with guys like Miller, Maloney, McManus and even McFadden should be an impact player now.

Although the main problem is Burley, Scotland are a poor shadow of what they could be (average(ish)!) If we had a manager that inspires and unites and gets the players playing a system they understand and believe in.
If the problem is we cant afford to pay off Burley then if he was a true scotsman with the best interests of the country at heart he should do the honourable thing and resign.

soupy
15-11-2009, 10:27 AM
Burley said before the game, Danny Fox was starting before Lee Wallace because he wanted to see what he could do for Scotland, fair enough, so surely he should have done the same with Deeks, had him starting in front of regulars Miller or Mcfadden for the same reason.

Burley GTF:wink:

Hibbyradge
15-11-2009, 10:36 AM
Should Stokes withdraw from the Ireland squad?

They lost and he didn't even make the bench.

blackpoolhibs
15-11-2009, 10:40 AM
Burley said before the game, Danny Fox was starting before Lee Wallace because he wanted to see what he could do for Scotland, fair enough, so surely he should have done the same with Deeks, had him starting in front of regulars Miller or Mcfadden for the same reason.

Burley GTF:wink:

Burleys actions just dont add up. He wouldnt know a decent player if one knicked his whisky bottle. I agree, he should go now, he's useless.:bitchy:

Holmesdale Hibs
15-11-2009, 11:00 AM
No. I slated Kris Boyd for doing it so can't have different rules for Riordan just because he's a hibee. It should be an honour to play for your country and too many players see it as their right.

I do agree that he should have had more of a chance though and should have started the Japan game ahead of the guys brought in at the last minute.

Part/Time Supporter
15-11-2009, 11:07 AM
Should Stokes withdraw from the Ireland squad?

They lost and he didn't even make the bench.

No, because their manager never gave the impression that he would play. Stokes was only selected as cover because one of their other forwards who has been a squad regular is presently injured (Noel Hunt).

Malthibby
15-11-2009, 11:08 AM
I would hate to see Riordan behaving in the same fashion as Boyd. If your country calls, you go, as the goalie, an unused sub or a goalpost.
I personally hope we never see Boyd in a Scotland strip again, & that Riordan sticks at it. His time will come, even if it is under another manager.
GG

Dashing Bob S
15-11-2009, 11:09 AM
On reflection, if i was Riordan i'd be annoyed that I got 13 minutes. Every second on that park in the company of those spineless incompetents and the slavering jakey who 'manages' them must have felt like purgatory.

stubru59
15-11-2009, 11:31 AM
What is tempting is not always wise.

hibiedude
15-11-2009, 11:57 AM
Deeks should keep doing what he dose best playing football the highest level' forget Burley he's on his way out that clown couldn't spot a good player if his life depended on it.

Why Miller gets a game before R01RDN dosen't make sence to me Because Kenny couldn't score for scotland even if the opposition played without a goalkeeper. :bitchy:

--------
15-11-2009, 12:29 PM

He's RIORDAN. :tsk tsk:

Not getting at you particularly - a lot of our guys do it too, and it's annoying.

Boyd gives me the impression of being a huffy type. Also were there not other Rangers players at the time (McCulloch's name comes to mind?) who had announced they weren't prepared to play for Scotland? Between that and Boozegate it did seem as if the Rangers players were out to get Burley....

That said, I've never thought that Burley was the man for the job. He should go now, or be sacked.

Bad Martini
15-11-2009, 12:29 PM
Im the most vehement believer in players telling their country to GTF should thereafter be told to GTF themselves.

HOWEVER - Im thinking given Burleys stupid team selection and the fact he is a walking bawbag, there may be some justice in this. Riordan is one of Scotlands best scorers.

I hate rangers and I hate Boyd BUT, he is also one of Scotlands top scorers. And we've got none of them in the team, mainly down to Burley. Boyd told Burley to GTF and I ripped him to bits at the time. Maybe, I Was not quite right with that.

The root of all our problems is Burley and maybe it'll take half the fricking squad to tell him to GTF so we can get rid of Burley? Id support that there ye are. I follow Scotland but right now Burley is making a big laughing stock out of us so mcuh so Id even go as far as to support players telling HIM to GTF and being given the chance to get back into the team under a new manager.

GEORGE - do us all a favour and **** off anywhere but hte national team. You are NOT wanted, you are no good and youre a waste of space.

END ****ING OFF

blueisthecolour
15-11-2009, 12:46 PM

He was on the bench and when we needed a goal he was brought on with 20 mins if he was lucky an on most occasions got the goal we needed to win us the game, the same situation that burley found himself in.

No matter what anyone thinks of Boyd he is the best goalscorer that Scotland has.

blueisthecolour
15-11-2009, 12:48 PM

100% agree

Phil D. Rolls
15-11-2009, 01:02 PM
No-one every expects the Spanish Inquisition. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHGOl-j***0

:hnet:

We've even got a smiley for it now. :greengrin:hnetinq:

ancient hibee
15-11-2009, 01:12 PM
Riordan will be there longer than Burley.

Minder
15-11-2009, 01:45 PM
No, no player should turn down their country.

blackpoolhibs
15-11-2009, 01:58 PM
No, no player should turn down their country.

:top marks And if they do, they should know they will never be able to return, no matter who is in charge in the future.

blueisthecolour
15-11-2009, 02:12 PM
:top marks And if they do, they should know they will never be able to return, no matter who is in charge in the future.
Surely that would be the new managers decision.

Woody1985
15-11-2009, 02:12 PM
Not read any comments here but if we got a new manager then he shouldn't have a black mark against him for not playing for a previous manager.

That attitude might say that the player may do that to you, why take the risk being undermined by someone who has proven to do it in the past.

Burley GTF.

Toaods
15-11-2009, 02:45 PM

the reason Boyd will manage that at some point is that nobody at a higher level than SPL thinks he can cut the mustard there.

How many goals did Super Ally manage in Engerlund?

blueisthecolour
15-11-2009, 02:56 PM
the reason Boyd will manage that at some point is that nobody at a higher level than SPL thinks he can cut the mustard there.

You can only score against what is put in front of you, and Boyd does that.

8 but you don't become a golden boot winner(twice) if you can't score goals.

hibiedude
15-11-2009, 03:11 PM
The root of all our problems is Burley and maybe we should forget the ...I hate Boyd or Rangers replies on this topic to another day because what's that to do with the posters original question.

R01rdan is a class act and right now he's playing the best football of his career that's why it dosen't make sence to pick Kenny millar time and time again to play for scotland when we all know his form is rank rotten I thought it was all about picking players on present form who get a call up for the national team. :confused:

Bad Martini
15-11-2009, 03:15 PM
No matter what anyone thinks of Boyd he is the best goalscorer that Scotland has.

Actually he isny. He should be in the squad as I said in my last psot but he is definitely not the best goalscorer Scotland has.

blackpoolhibs
15-11-2009, 03:18 PM
Surely that would be the new managers decision.

Nah, hes a hun who turned his back on his country, just like your poxy team would like to do. Tell him to **** off, let him keep scoring goals against killie and hamilton, thats his standard.:idiot:

blueisthecolour
15-11-2009, 03:23 PM
Actually he isny. He should be in the squad as I said in my last psot but he is definitely not the best goalscorer Scotland has.

The goalscoring charts would say different I think, but go on who is?

Minder
15-11-2009, 05:20 PM

:agree:

Alicky Ranks
16-11-2009, 09:20 AM
If Burley were to stay in the job then Riordan should definitely tell him to GTF. Burley's decision to stick a striker on for just the last 11 minutes is mind boggling. IMHO Kris Boyd was right to chuck it under Burley and Riordan should do the same. In fact, it seems to me the hun players who have fallen out with Burley were maybe in the right after all.

NORTHERNHIBBY
16-11-2009, 09:40 AM
I said that after the Japan debacle that I thought that Burley was trying to get this response from Deeks because I don't think that he rates him at all but at the same time he can't ignore the fact that DR is meeting the citeria to get a shirt. I would not recall Boyd when Burley goes. He has said that he does not want to play for Scotland. That should be the end of it. Deeks should keep his head down. The next boss may see him as a first pick.

Part/Time Supporter
16-11-2009, 09:54 AM

The Huns have accepted offers from Turkey, Germany and Birmingham for him but he wouldn't move.

number 27
16-11-2009, 10:18 AM
The goalscoring charts would say different I think, but go on who is?

This thread is not about Boyd. Perhaps if you wish to constantly discuss Rangers players and matters relating to Rangers then there are more suitable sites than this one :dunno:

ballengeich
16-11-2009, 10:54 AM
No. Deek should concentrate on improving his performance to a level where he becomes a first choice for Scotland regardless of who the manager is. A win for him and a win for Hibs.

bighairyfaeleith
16-11-2009, 03:18 PM
you never turn your back on your country.

so no from me

MrRobot
16-11-2009, 03:22 PM
No. It would not benefit him at all to refuse to play again.
Why would he want to end his international career before he got the chance to show what he can do at international level. :confused:

Hibbyradge
16-11-2009, 03:56 PM
Burley: Derek, I'd like you to come on as an impact player for the last 15 minutes or so against Wales and try to get us a goal. You'll get more time when it really matters in the Euro qualifiers.

Deek: ????????????

aberhibsfc
16-11-2009, 04:01 PM
Don't think he'll have to worry about it, I think Burley is ready for the Ruud Gullit.

If however Burley had a stay of execution, Riordan stating this would surely put even more pressure on Burley.

Riordan's on his way back and re-building a promising career, think he should just keep his cool and not get involved in the Scotland fiasco.

Mag7
16-11-2009, 05:33 PM
you never turn your back on your country.

so no from me

Why not? What would be the big deal in doing so? We're not talking taking up arms against the country of your birth, just refusing to play football for a clueless manager.

Phil MaGlass
17-11-2009, 11:34 AM
No cos Burley :greengrinresigned

Dashing Bob S
17-11-2009, 12:04 PM
Let's hope the new manager picks Deeks again. It would be embarrassing to say that 66% of your caps were won under Burley. As devalued a currency as the famous Vogtscaps, methinks.

--------
17-11-2009, 12:19 PM
Let's hope the new manager picks Deeks again. It would be embarrassing to say that 66% of your caps were won under Burley. As devalued a currency as the famous Vogtscaps, methinks.

:singing:

:music:Berticaps and Burleycaps, and Gordon is a plonker;
Peat's an auld plonker too - toodle-ooo.... :music:

What was it Georgie said about Deek - he was on his last chance for Scotland, and for Hibs? :faf:

:devil:

Part/Time Supporter
17-11-2009, 04:33 PM

Berti Burley picked over 50 players in his time.

ie he picked nearly 5 different teams in just 14 games

:dizzy: