PDA

View Full Version : Morroco 2-0 down and out of African Cup

zlatan
14-11-2009, 04:05 PM
Benji has been subbed after starting, dunno if it was through injury or not. Did not know Paul le Guen was in charge of Cameroon now.

In other news, Bamba has started for the Ivory Coast who are currently 2-0 up at half time.

silverhibee
14-11-2009, 04:11 PM
Benji has been subbed after starting, dunno if it was through injury or not. Did not know Paul le Guen was in charge of Cameroon now.

In other news, Bamba has started for the Ivory Coast who are currently 2-0 up at half time.

Now there is a surprise that Bamba has started.:rolleyes:

millarco
14-11-2009, 04:26 PM
From a selfish point of view is that not Morocco out of the African Nations Cup? Would be disappointed for the players but IMO we're half the team without Zemmama, would be a big blow if him and Benji were missing for a month or so.

Toaods
14-11-2009, 04:35 PM

from a club point of view, a good game for him today and inclusion in the Ivorians World Cup Squad puts a lot of cash on his value.

zlatan
14-11-2009, 04:40 PM
from a club point of view, a good game for him today and inclusion in the Ivorians World Cup Squad puts a lot of cash on his value.

And I'm sure Hughes has had a word in his ear about how quickly he'd be forgotten by the IC manager if he wasn't getting a game at Hibs.

Yogi was in the paper this morning singing Bambas praises again so I'm sure this whole episode is done and dusted.

Toaods
14-11-2009, 04:43 PM
And I'm sure Hughes has had a word in his ear about how quickly he'd be forgotten by the IC manager if he wasn't getting a game at Hibs.

Yogi was in the paper this morning singing Bambas praises again so I'm sure this whole episode is done and dusted.

I'm never too drawn in to idle gossip on fall-outs.

jees, kast Saturday I expect Yogi to be in the casulaty wing at the New ERI such was the savage beating he received.

Probably find Bamba knew he would be starting and was concerned he'd miss his big chance if hurt in the Hearts game.

Controversial of course, but happens all the time.

BEEJ
14-11-2009, 05:32 PM
Probably find Bamba knew he would be starting and was concerned he'd miss his big chance if hurt in the Hearts game.
If, as alleged, he did not show on the morning of the game, that is no excuse!

hibsbollah
14-11-2009, 05:34 PM
All over, Morocco have finished bottom so we keep Zemmama and Benji for January:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/preliminaries/africa/standings/index.html

Baldy Foghorn
14-11-2009, 05:37 PM

jees, kast Saturday I expect Yogi to be in the casulaty wing at the New ERI such was the savage beating he received.

No idle gossip, Bamba told Yogi he did not want to play in derby as injured, but by miracle of miracles he is fit to play for Ivory Coast......

No player is bigger than the Club, and would be amazed if Bamba not moved on in January

Orourke73
14-11-2009, 05:41 PM
All over, Morocco have finished bottom so we keep Zemmama and Benji for January:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/preliminaries/africa/standings/index.html
Morocco haven't qualified for the World Cup in JUNE. Not sure about the African Nations in January though.

AFKA5814_Hibs
14-11-2009, 05:46 PM
Morocco haven't qualified for the World Cup in JUNE. Not sure about the African Nations in January though.

They had to win today to have any chance of qualifying for the African Nations Cup.

Toaods
14-11-2009, 05:47 PM
No idle gossip, Bamba told Yogi he did not want to play in derby as injured, but by miracle of miracles he is fit to play for Ivory Coast......

No player is bigger than the Club, and would be amazed if Bamba not moved on in January

a disagreement over fitness is not exactly the same as a sqaure-go that was being touted though.

Perhaps the back-to-fully fit Bamba will get a shock over the next couple of weeks if he is deemed not be fit by the Hibs manager...:wink:

Baldy Foghorn
14-11-2009, 05:49 PM
a disagreement over fitness is not exactl the same as a sqaure-go that was being touted though.

Perhaps the back-to-fully fit Bamba will get a shock over the next couple of weeks if he is deemed not be fit by the Hibs manager...:wink:

Never heard the rumours of a square go. I was really annoyed last Saturday to hear of Bamba's absence but I am fully behind Yogi if he wishes to drop Bamba for future games..... He has to show who the boss is........

HibbyAndy
14-11-2009, 05:51 PM
Id be staggered if Hibs let Bamba leave in January, it doesnt make sense, if Bamba gets a good world cup under his belt playing at the biggest stage in the world alongside Drogba, the two Toures, Kalou etc then the £££££ bids will come in the summer.

blackpoolhibs
14-11-2009, 05:54 PM
Id be staggered if Hibs let Bamba leave in January, it doesnt make sense, if Bamba gets a good world cup under his belt playing at the biggest stage in the world alongside Drogba, the two Toures, Kalou etc then the £££££ bids will come in the summer.

:agree:

Toaods
14-11-2009, 05:57 PM

Barcelona, Inter, Liverpool, Kaunas.....:greengrin

hibsbollah
14-11-2009, 05:57 PM

The 3rd place team in each group qualify for the ACN. Shame for the two of the them, but thats 5 SPL games that they wont now miss. Brilliant news for Hibs:thumbsup:

HibbyAndy
14-11-2009, 05:59 PM
Barcelona, Inter, Liverpool, Kaunas.....:greengrin

:greengrin

Speaking of them , pretty sure Hearts are due an influx of ugly Easterns pretty soon

:hmmm:

Sir David Gray
14-11-2009, 06:01 PM

They finished bottom of their group of four and only the top three from each group qualified for the African Nations Cup, with the top side also qualifying for the World Cup.

Winston Ingram
14-11-2009, 06:50 PM

I've no doubt Bamba shat it last weekend:boo hoo:

scoopyboy
14-11-2009, 07:38 PM

I hope the episode is done and dusted, Hughes is making the right noises to the media and hopefully Bamba will realise he has to be playing first team football to realise his ambitions.

The ones who might not be so forgiving are his team mates who were furious with his behaviour / no show. Not for the first time either.

scoopyboy
14-11-2009, 07:42 PM

Don't think it would have been Yogi in the ERI if push had came to shove. I heard fall out but no physical violence in any shape or form.

Toaods
14-11-2009, 08:50 PM
Don't think it would have been Yogi in the ERI if push had came to shove. I heard fall out but no physical violence in any shape or form.

Yogi's no youngster and the hardman image was gained on the pitch for sure.

Bottom line is you'd ken aw aboot it if Big Sol stuck one on ye'....:take that

TornadoHibby
15-11-2009, 10:55 AM

:faf::faf::faf:

:faf::faf::faf:

1. Wrong way around methinks had there actually been a "proper" fight! :wink:

2, Even if true, he is under contract at Hibs and should do what he is told to do by management especially for such a big game for the club and the Hibs fans! :agree:

Anyhow, IC have already qualified for the WC and this was a meaningless game so would be far worse if he got crocked in such a game IMO! :wink:

JimBHibees
15-11-2009, 02:48 PM
Dont really have an issue with him not playing last week if he had a knock and didnt want to risk it. Sol playing for his country will be massive to him especially in the World cup. Obviously if he has behaved badly that is another thing however wouldnt be rushing to sell him that is for sure.