PDA

View Full Version : george burley (Merged)

sauzee
14-11-2009, 02:31 PM
can't believe if deek is fit he isn't starting this game,he should tell him to ram it,why are we looking to an englishman to play left back when to be quite honest,ian murray or lee wallace are every bit as good if not better,i'm sick and tired of watching kenny (no end product) miller running about like a headless chicken,it's the end for me,i wont be supporting the side as long as this" jambo reject " is running our national team

sauzee
14-11-2009, 02:37 PM
go now ya jambo fud:grr::grr:

Andy74
That is all.

givescotlandfreedom
Hope he takes that prick Smith with him!

silverhibee
14-11-2009, 02:38 PM
He should be sacked straight after the game.

Danderhall Hibs
14-11-2009, 02:39 PM
He should be sacked straight after the game.

A real man would walk. What an embarrassment - he's got half the team selection wrong again.

It's like the Mixu situation all over again.

Rossco1875
14-11-2009, 02:41 PM
burley doesnt have a clue :grr: this is shocking we losing 3-0 now time to get the young lads on give em a run out

Judas Iscariot
14-11-2009, 02:43 PM
:faf:

Good work George :bye:

Mikeystewart
14-11-2009, 02:49 PM
This is assuming we lose the game :devil:

David_D
14-11-2009, 02:53 PM
as much as I want him to go I dont think he will quit and the SFA dont have the guts to sack him (hope im wrong tho)

Franck is God
14-11-2009, 02:53 PM
can't believe with all the good players that Scotland have he can't pick and set up a side good enough to compete with with Wales.

As long as we have a manager that is so blinkered he can't look beyond Old Firm players then this is what we will get. Again players out of position and out of form yet get picked before others performing well.

woody47
14-11-2009, 02:55 PM
Burley GTF now. don't even come out for the 2nd half.

Barney McGrew
14-11-2009, 02:57 PM
If Smith and the rest of his cronies at the SFA had any balls, they'd have punted him before now.

It's embarassing to see that squad that did so well under McLeish and Smith having fallen so far backwards in such a short period of time.

I don't doubt Burley's passion for the national team, but he doesn't have the ability to manage at that level.

AugustaHibs
14-11-2009, 02:58 PM
Even if we win, *Fingers Crossed in a way* he should still go either way.

The Voice Of Reason
14-11-2009, 02:59 PM
He won't be sacked and he won't resign......therefore he will stay :boo hoo:

woody47
14-11-2009, 03:00 PM
I voted stays only because he wont walk/stagger and the SFA are clueless. What is needed is for us to lose heavily over the next few games and then the dicks at the SFA will have to sack him.
We would then need to bring in an overseas manager who wont bow to the inbreds through in the west and actually play players who are playing well and not just because they are part of the bigot bros and their sidekicks.

bobbyhibs1983
as much as I want him to go I dont think he will quit and the SFA dont have the guts to sack him (hope im wrong tho)

agree 100%

Hiber-nation
To play 3 Celtic defenders after the way their defence has been performing lately, plus persisting with Kenny Miller, whose performances are actually laughable is surely a sackable offence.

sauzee
14-11-2009, 03:06 PM
If Smith and the rest of his cronies at the SFA had any balls, they'd have punted him before now.

It's embarassing to see that squad that did so well under McLeish and Smith having fallen so far backwards in such a short period of time.

I don't doubt Burley's passion for the national team, but he doesn't have the ability to manage at that level.

NICE TO SEE GORDON SMITH ENJOYING HIMSELF AND HAVING A RIGHT GOOD GIGGLE AT HALF TIME:grr::grr:

'Mon the Hibs
14-11-2009, 03:08 PM
Total joke.

I've said it before- I think John Collins would do a good job as Sotland manager.

Naismith and Miller have been rank.

PISTOL1875
14-11-2009, 03:12 PM
Total joke.

I've said it before- I think John Collins would do a good job as Sotland manager.

Naismith and Miller have been rank.

They haven't been as bad as McManus.. He is torture....

Rossco1875
14-11-2009, 03:13 PM
he clearly is not the man for the job tbh wales have got a good side but its not a squad we should be getting beat 3-0 off in the first half

Barney McGrew
14-11-2009, 03:14 PM
They haven't been as bad as McManus.. He is torture....

:agree:

Can't believe he's started with three of the four defenders that gave away three goals to the bottom team in the SPL last weekend.

Joke.

sauzee
14-11-2009, 03:16 PM
To play 3 Celtic defenders after the way their defence has been performing lately, plus persisting with Kenny Miller, whose performances are actually laughable is surely a sackable offence.

thank **** they've taken miller off,got to be the worst scotland striker ever :agree::agree::agree:

Frazerbob
14-11-2009, 03:20 PM
One way or another, he better go! :grr:

PISTOL1875
14-11-2009, 03:36 PM

Can't believe he's started with three of the four defenders that gave away three goals to the bottom team in the SPL last weekend.

Joke.

I also can't believe that Naismith started on the left ahead of Barry Robson and Fox started ahead of Lee Wallace...

Rossco1875
14-11-2009, 03:38 PM
I also can't believe that Naismith started on the left ahead of Barry Robson and Fox started ahead of Lee Wallace...

1 lee wallace is a better player
2 he is scottish no english if i was wallace i would tell burley to get to :grr:

sairheid
14-11-2009, 03:50 PM
Burley surely has no option but to resign now.

Can't believe two established Premeiership players like Hutton and Darren Fletcher can play so badly. Hutton's distribution was appalling all game and Fletcher (of whom I'm a big fan) looked totally disinterested in the first half.

ceecee
14-11-2009, 03:52 PM
It's all about management and leadership. Very little to do with coaching at this level.

Greenblood70
14-11-2009, 04:03 PM
Burley GTF ya jakey Hertz bassa.:grr:

sauzee
14-11-2009, 04:07 PM
Burley surely has no option but to resign now.

Can't believe two established Premeiership players like Hutton and Darren Fletcher can play so badly. Hutton's distribution was appalling all game and Fletcher (of whom I'm a big fan) looked totally disinterested in the first half.

that's why spurs will take the hit and punt hutton to anybody that'll buy him for a lot less than they paid for him,he's jank!

Www1875hfc
14-11-2009, 04:08 PM
Burley needs to go...and so does the collar and tie brigade, nothing but a bunch of freeloaders.
Said it before and i will say it again, scottish football is rotten to the core.
Time for change,and start from the top.:agree:

Jim44
14-11-2009, 04:14 PM
Burley needs to go...and so does the collar and tie brigade, nothing but a bunch of freeloaders.
Said it before and i will say it again, scottish football is rotten to the core.
Time for change,and start from the top.:agree:

I was just about to post the same. Burley is just the monkey. We should be getting rid of Smith the organ grinder.

ceecee
14-11-2009, 04:16 PM
I was just about to post the same. Burley is just the monkey. We should be getting rid of Smith the organ grinder.

I actually think Smith wants to influence change. It is the old boys brigade that resists it. Not sure how you change it.

SidBurns
14-11-2009, 04:21 PM
that's why spurs will take the hit and punt hutton to anybody that'll buy him for a lot less than they paid for him,he's jank!

What a lot of Tom Kite! Hutton has had NO match practice, Scotland and that's it!?! He is a cracking talent, just needs a new team.

As for Fletcher, if he doesn't have 'great' players beside him, he is mince!

Bad Martini
14-11-2009, 04:30 PM
Burley has lost the dressing room and the plot.

Just get tae **** george and take half those unspirited ********s you call a team with you.

National embarassment

ENDOF

sauzee
14-11-2009, 04:50 PM
What a lot of Tom Kite! Hutton has had NO match practice, Scotland and that's it!?! He is a cracking talent, just needs a new team.

As for Fletcher, if he doesn't have 'great' players beside him, he is mince!

i watch spurs regular,and believe me,he's had more playing time than he's deserved,ramos didn't rate him,redknapp dont rate him :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Toaods
14-11-2009, 04:54 PM
i watch spurs regular,and believe me,he's had more playing time than he's deserved,ramos didn't rate him,redknapp dont rate him :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

it's Ok though, he rates himself very highly...:wink:

hibee92
14-11-2009, 04:56 PM

The Green Goblin
14-11-2009, 04:56 PM
No excuses left as to why this man is dragging us down further and further and no-one has had the guts to punt him. Should walk today, if he had any sense of shame.

GG

Crab apple
14-11-2009, 05:00 PM
Should have gone after the very disappinting world cup qualifying campaign. Many examples of poor decision making and imho we definitely underperformed.

Brando7
14-11-2009, 05:02 PM
He won't be sacked and he won't resign......therefore he will stay :boo hoo:

Dashing Bob S
14-11-2009, 05:14 PM
He either walks after this, or there is absolutely no point of us even bothering to contest the European Championship qualifiers. Are the SFA gambling on the 2016 World Cup?

Scotthibs1875
14-11-2009, 05:18 PM
alot of you want Burley to get tae but who could do a good job for Scotland?
Its not like its an appealing job.
Don't get me wrong i think that performance was embarrasing and he got his players,tactics etc. wrong but who would do a job for scotland?

Scorrie
14-11-2009, 05:18 PM
thought in the post match interview Burley had lost the players. openly critical. time to go I'm afraid.

The_Horde
14-11-2009, 05:19 PM
He needs to be sacked.

Otherwise he won't get on the dole.

Mag7
14-11-2009, 05:23 PM
it was baffling that he didn't go after the failed World Cup campaign. Now the SFA are in a right mess having handed him a vote of confidence only to see him oversee his side's most embarrassing display yet.

Toaods
14-11-2009, 05:27 PM
Burley is mince & the SFA do pander to the Old Firm.

Should we target him when Petrie moves on into the premiership?

:tumble:

Scorrie
14-11-2009, 05:50 PM
Just remembered that Wattie's contract at the huns is up in January. SFA to punt Burley and appoint Smith? :rolleyes:

HibbyAndy
14-11-2009, 05:56 PM
Burley is mince & the SFA do pander to the Old Firm.

Should we target him when Petrie moves on into the premiership?

:tumble:

Seen wee Toaods and mummy Toaods on the 47 today getting on the bus at Mortonhallish and getting of at Cameron toll abot 3pm, take it you sent them oot for piece and quiet tae watch the fitba ? :greengrin

Toaods
14-11-2009, 05:59 PM
Seen wee Toaods and mummy Toaods on the 47 today getting on the bus at Mortonhallish and getting of at Cameron toll abot 3pm, take it you sent them oot for piece and quiet tae watch the fitba ? :greengrin

correctamundo.........should have joined you down there, would have been completely depressing but far better than watching Burley's efforts.

HibbyAndy
14-11-2009, 06:01 PM
correctamundo.........should have joined you down there, would have been completely depressing but far better than watching Burley's efforts.

Honked off a Wales youth team.

Toaods
14-11-2009, 06:02 PM
Just remembered that Wattie's contract at the huns is up in January. SFA to punt Burley and appoint Smith? :rolleyes:

january.......you mean the month before Boyd wants to play for Scotland again and Whittaker, Thomson, etc all find a new level of fitness.:cool2:

brydekirk
14-11-2009, 06:20 PM

:agree::agree::agree::agree::agree::agree::agree:: agree::agree: totally

Hibee_Rab
14-11-2009, 06:38 PM
A real man would walk. What an embarrassment - he's got half the team selection wrong again.

Mixu was and he did :agree:

Winston Ingram
14-11-2009, 06:47 PM

No quite that bad. At least Burley plays recognised formations and he isn't limited to hoofball.

I think it is clear as day that the players want him binned:agree:

Winston Ingram
14-11-2009, 06:48 PM

No, Mixu was emptied.:agree:

heretoday
14-11-2009, 07:49 PM
I'm fed up with these numpty friendly internationals.

People in England are feeling the same way - especially Chelsea fans after Terry and Lamps injuries.

Burley never seems to have his best squad available. The Wales team was missing some top boys too. Yet everyone is calling for Burley's head tonight.

Who's going to do the job any better, given the paucity of talent to pick from? Is there a man out there with some new vision?

Maybe we should have a coaching "team" of SPL managers, all shouldering the responsibility for the performance of the national side. Spread the blame in other words.

At any rate, we'd better be careful. Yogi might suddenly feel that being manager of his country is a calling that is hard to resist!

Part/Time Supporter
14-11-2009, 08:01 PM
No quite that bad. At least Burley plays recognised formations and he isn't limited to hoofball.

I think it is clear as day that the players want him binned:agree:

Mixu at least nicked a few halfway decent results - the two wins against Hertz and upsetting the OF applecart - by playing very negative hoofball; picking a defensive back four protected by two defensive types in the middle. In fact, you could kind of equate some of Hibs' better results under Mixu with Walter Smith's Scotland tenure. Pity about all the mince - particularly against Inverness and Killie - that surrounded it.

Burley hasn't even done that FFS, he's naively kept picking an attacking team in the vain hope that it will magically fall into place. How the **** is that going to happen when you pick two centres whose confidence is shot, flank them with two attacking full backs with no defensive midfield protection? Even Brazil, with usually the best squad in international football, don't play that openly. They always have a Gilberto Silva or a Dunga in the midfield, who makes a third defender when the full backs push on.

--------
14-11-2009, 08:04 PM

Mixu may not have been the manager we were looking for, but he's head and shoulders above Burley.

People see Capello in the stands and ask, "Who's he looking at today?"

People see George in the stands and ask, "Is he sober? Is he upright? Does he know he's here?" :devil:

Toaods
14-11-2009, 08:53 PM
I think we need to recall the crab....:duck:

Onceinawhile
14-11-2009, 09:22 PM
It has become obvious that the performance vs Holland was in spite of Burley, not because of him

woody47
14-11-2009, 09:32 PM

People in England are feeling the same way - especially Chelsea fans after Terry and Lamps injuries.

Burley never seems to have his best squad available. The Wales team was missing some top boys too. Yet everyone is calling for Burley's head tonight.

Who's going to do the job any better, given the paucity of talent to pick from? Is there a man out there with some new vision?

Maybe we should have a coaching "team" of SPL managers, all shouldering the responsibility for the performance of the national side. Spread the blame in other words.

At any rate, we'd better be careful. Yogi might suddenly feel that being manager of his country is a calling that is hard to resist!

Wouldn't make any difference. Just look at today. He plays ferking Kenny Miller who couldn't score to save himself and leaves Deek and Fletch on the bench, both who are scoring at present. He fields the smeltic back three who let the bottom of the league score 3 against.
Sorry but Burley is a waste of fresh air and IMO should never have been there in the first place no matter keeping his job aftrer another disastrous campaign.
I just do not believe there is no one better out there.

Hibbie_Cameron
14-11-2009, 09:33 PM

I disagree. Wales were missing 6 first teamers this afternoon. Their team picked itself due to call offs. Scotland were missing Brown and Gordon, two starters yes but Marshall is decent and covering for 1 outfield player should be pretty easy imo. Shocking selection, shocking tactics. The players dont want him, its plain to see.

Anybody could do a half decent job with Scotland if they play to our strengths, which is counter attacking football with a solid backline. This is the way Walter Smith and Alex McLeish had Scotland playing, yes it was not always pretty but imo its the only way Scotland can compete with the best. Noone was complaining about the style of play when we were challenging Italy, beating France twice and thumping Ukraine.

Bringing in a manager who can atleast organise a team tactically would stand half a chance imo

hibernia_inn
14-11-2009, 09:33 PM
I think we need to recall the crab....:duck:

I Can remember Ray Wilkins playing for Hibs but not for Scotland. :greengrin

Ed De Gramo
14-11-2009, 10:37 PM
Burley GTF :agree:

Mind and clear the vodka, whisky, disaronno & Gin out your drawer...:bye::bye::bye:

monktonharp
15-11-2009, 12:58 AM
had to listen 2 my 2 grandbairns fi Wales singing 3 nil 3 nil to me on the phone,put up to it by their mother nae doot :boo hoo:

The_Horde
15-11-2009, 02:51 AM
I'm more of a Scotland fan but i was born in Wales, so not overly gutted. :greengrin

Steve-O
15-11-2009, 04:50 AM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/internationals/8360936.stm

What does this buffoon have to do to actually be under some pressure then? :confused:

aussie_hibee
15-11-2009, 06:23 AM
disgraceful. Should've been emptied after failing to qualify along with a fair few players and most of the sfa.

euro Hibby
15-11-2009, 08:51 AM
We need to change the manager but more importantly I think we need to make changes at the SFA. All the articles I read today talk about how we don't have rescources yet smaller countries , Wales for one, Slovenia and a few others compete better than we do. Scotland were crap yesterday, beaten by a team which looked good. George set himself up for this waxing lyrical before the game that his central defences were types you would want with you in the trenches and how everyone had a job to do. We are limted for footballers right now so why set up a team which was so open ?? Why use players who we know are past the sell by date in a friendly ?
I stopped getting upset about Scotland years ago. Maybe thats because I am a Hibby and have had so many bad days that in the end you adopt a more healthy approach to watching a game of football. Right now, Scotland as a football nation must be down around no 80 in the world. The Application needed to be successful is not the same as once upon a time when yes we did have more quality players and maybe also better managers.
The answer is not easy but if we want to improve we will need to look again at how we approach the game in our country. We have some talent. Naismith could be regarded as a talent by some, but for me at International level he has not got what it takes because he does not have a football brain !

euro Hibby
15-11-2009, 08:53 AM
I likes the Welsh team yesterday because it was a mix of young and old players. Anyway enough said, I am sure we get the gist. Good to be a Hibby always...........