down-the-slope
14-11-2009, 01:39 PM
No Lee Wallace :grr:

Haymaker
14-11-2009, 01:39 PM
Deeks?

Hainan Hibs
14-11-2009, 01:42 PM
Burley can get tae **** with the decision to yet again play Kenny ****ing Miller.

0 goals in an entire qualification campaign. Yet he still gets picked.

And now I just noticed Danny Fox is getting a game over Lee Wallace. **** off Burley.

NOLA
14-11-2009, 01:47 PM
what burley sees in both millers beggars belief:bitchy:

down-the-slope
14-11-2009, 01:48 PM
No fletch no deeks no wallace :bitchy:

As I said earlier in the week, if we are serious about making future tourneys then we should be restricting team to U25's to get a idea of where we really are. Yes we will need older players but if we don't reduce the age of the team on the pitch then when we get to the next vital stage we will again have over age duds taking up space

Betty Boop
14-11-2009, 01:48 PM
Who is Don Cowie?

down-the-slope
14-11-2009, 01:49 PM
Was at ICT - to be fair he was good in Japan match so worth another run out to see if it was a flash in the pan.

Hiber-nation
14-11-2009, 01:50 PM
Who is Don Cowie?

Ex-Inverness, now with Watford.

jakedance
14-11-2009, 01:57 PM
Another baffling team selection from Burley.

I'm as patient as the next man when it comes to managers but Burley has tried and failed at this level.

What did Lee Wallace need to do to keep his place? What does Kenny Miller have to do to lose his? What do Deek and Fletcher need to do to get a look in? At least the diving prick Lee Miller didn't get in. How he warranted most of the game in Japan is completely beyond me.

The Green Goblin
14-11-2009, 02:08 PM
Another mystifying team selection.

GG

suavegav
14-11-2009, 02:09 PM
Have to agree with all the posts so far. Burley said he would be starting fresh, rangers and celtic have the worst teams in living memory, yet no players outside the old firm in Scotland are in the starting 11. Disgrace Burley.:grr:

Danderhall Hibs
14-11-2009, 02:11 PM
Other than:

Wallace for Fox,
Berra for McManus,
Barr for Caldwell and
Fletcher for Miller

what other changes would you make?

OstKurve Hibs
14-11-2009, 02:16 PM

As I said earlier in the week, if we are serious about making future tourneys then we should be restricting team to U25's to get a idea of where we really are. Yes we will need older players but if we don't reduce the age of the team on the pitch then when we get to the next vital stage we will again have over age duds taking up space

Deek wouldn't get a game then, he is 26!

Franck is God
14-11-2009, 02:17 PM
looking at the squad available in Wales I would have gone with

Marshall

Hutton----Caldwell----Berra----Wallace

D Fletcher--Robson

Dorrans----McFadden----Riordan

Fletch

Burley is a fud!

Wotherspiniesta
14-11-2009, 02:37 PM

This is the nail on the head.
I watched Burley talking about the future of Scottish football the other week on Goals On Sunday. He was saying how bright the future is and how important future development is. How must players like Steven Fletcher (22), feel when they are in good form for a premiership team and have to look on as Kenny Miller (29) huffs and puffs his way about, pestering defenders but contributing absolutely nothing. And Lee Wallace (22), who was brilliant against Japan but has to make way for Danny Fox who is constantly caught out of position and seems to have no pace at all.

Who's pulling the strings in this game? an 18 year old.

I never thought I'd say this but I'm glad we are getting beat. Get this idiot out. :grr: