PDA

View Full Version : Irony for Rangers

down-the-slope
14-11-2009, 10:41 AM
Given that the Gers have been signing for years

We are Rangers, Super Rangers
No one likes us we don't care...

Maybe they are caring a a little bit now it has so prohetically come true:greengrin

I think for next match at ER we should be signing to them.

You are Rangers, Whinging Rangers
No one likes you, We don't care

blueisthecolour
14-11-2009, 08:17 PM

We are Rangers, Super Rangers
No one likes us we don't care...

Maybe they are caring a a little bit now it has so prohetically come true:greengrin

I think for next match at ER we should be signing to them.

You are Rangers, Whinging Rangers
No one likes you, We don't care

Who's caring?

Kato
15-11-2009, 12:33 AM
Who's caring?

Your Bank Manager?

What, in your opinion, are the reasons no-one likes Rangers?

monktonharp
15-11-2009, 12:42 AM
I'd prefer : feed the Rangers,let them know it's christmas tiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiime:singing:

gilliecabbage
15-11-2009, 12:52 AM
should get loads of monopoly money for the game in december:devil:

DC_Hibs
15-11-2009, 05:55 AM

Perhaps you have stumbled across a better song with your poor spelling

"You're no signing any more"??

See kids........ it sometimes pays not to stick in at school

chorley_fm
15-11-2009, 09:03 AM
I'd prefer : feed the Rangers,let them know it's christmas tiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiime:singing:

Feed the HUNS.........

blueisthecolour
15-11-2009, 09:21 AM
Your Bank Manager?

What, in your opinion, are the reasons no-one likes Rangers?

In scotland I would say part of the reason is we a proud to be a British club, but people seem to think this means being an English club, people say look at the amount of English flags at ibrox when clearly they mean the union flag, that and we are the most successful club in the world.

Barney McGrew
15-11-2009, 09:27 AM
In scotland I would say part of the reason is we a proud to be a British club, but people seem to think this means being an English club, people say look at the amount of English flags at ibrox when clearly they mean the union flag, that and we are the most successful club in the world.

There was a period where the St George's cross could be seen in numbers at every Rangers game. Along with the Red Hand of Ulster, which equally has **** all to do with a Scottish SPL football team.

And the 'proud to be British' bit is more to do with winding up your brothers across the city than being in any way shape or form actually supporting the country you're in.

strummbo
15-11-2009, 09:29 AM
blueis..

away an have a lie down ffs!

you are dillusional...

sorry but you are...

Killiehibbie
15-11-2009, 09:29 AM
we are the most successful club in the world.

In terms of what? Winning the League in a set up tailor made to ensure the duopoly and you are desperate to leave rather than restructure to something maybe a bit more competitive. Change that to most successful in Scotland before all your European trophies are brought into it.

madhibby
15-11-2009, 09:33 AM

It seems incredible that a Rangers fans does not recognise that the reason his club us disliked is due to in the main the sectarian bile that emminates from their supporters and the club's turning a blind eye to that behaviour, or even supporting it as part of Rangers identity.

Rangers being disliked is not envy of their success or because other Scottish clubs fans dislike a British club? For what its worth I vote Labour and support the Union but it has no influence at all on my views on football and I'm sure thats the same for the vast majority of football fans. Your choice of club come in most cases long before you have decided on your political views (if you have any at all!)

Golden Bear
15-11-2009, 09:40 AM

:confused: !!

Please explain - or are you at the wind up?!

Leicester Fan
15-11-2009, 09:41 AM
It seems incredible that a Rangers fans does not recognise that the reason his club us disliked is due to in the main the sectarian bile that emminates from their supporters and the club's turning a blind eye to that behaviour, or even supporting it as part of Rangers identity.

Rangers being disliked is not envy of their success or because other Scottish clubs fans dislike a British club? For what its worth I vote Labour and support the Union but it has no influence at all on my views on football and I'm sure thats the same for the vast majority of football fans. Your choice of club come in most cases long before you have decided on your political views (if you have any at all!)

Can I just say from an English prospective, we don't really understand any of this sectarian bull5h1t. Personally I'm totally indifferent to this old firm rivalry but Celtic fans chanting IRA songs is pretty disgusting too.

Golden Bear
15-11-2009, 09:45 AM
Can I just say from an English prospective, we don't really understand any of this sectarian bull5h1t. Personally I'm totally indifferent to this old firm rivalry but Celtic fans chanting IRA songs is pretty disgusting too.

:agree:

Don't touch them with a bargepole - the Premiership clubs have got it spot on.

The gruesome twosome are as bad as each other.

monktonharp
15-11-2009, 11:47 AM
Feed the HUNS.........ooh, me bad.:wink: ok ,feed the huns buns..........let them know.....

blueisthecolour
15-11-2009, 01:25 PM
There was a period where the St George's cross could be seen in numbers at every Rangers game. Along with the Red Hand of Ulster, which equally has **** all to do with a Scottish SPL football team.

And the 'proud to be British' bit is more to do with winding up your brothers across the city than being in any way shape or form actually supporting the country you're in.

Funny enough, we get slagged for having fans outside glasgow, all over Scotland ,England N Ireland ect yet when these flags are seen at ibrox it's all down to the scots.

As for proud to be British is just to wind up them across the city, why would that be, is it something to be ashamed of to be proud of your nation? Im very proud to be Scottish but also British.

blueisthecolour
15-11-2009, 01:28 PM
In terms of what? Winning the League in a set up tailor made to ensure the duopoly and you are desperate to leave rather than restructure to something maybe a bit more competitive. Change that to most successful in Scotland before all your European trophies are brought into it.

Winning more fifa recognized trophies than any other club in the world.

blueisthecolour
15-11-2009, 01:28 PM
[/I][/B]

:confused: !!

Please explain - or are you at the wind up?!

See above.

MSK
15-11-2009, 01:33 PM
See above.See beside "quote" there is a box for "multi quote"...:wink:

Golden Bear
15-11-2009, 01:38 PM
See above.

Mmm - dubious!

I'm pretty certain that if could be bothered to look closely through the historic records of all the professional football associations then I could maybe just turn up something to counter your claim!

The gers are a big fish in an increasingly small pond which accounts for the success in the number of trophies won - it's as easy as that.

blueisthecolour
15-11-2009, 01:41 PM
See beside "quote" there is a box for "multi quote"...:wink:

Cheers never knew how to multi quote.

blueisthecolour
15-11-2009, 01:46 PM
Mmm - dubious!

I'm pretty certain that if could be bothered to look closely through the historic records of all the professional football associations then I could maybe just turn up something to counter your claim!

The gers are a big fish in an increasingly small pond which accounts for the success in the number of trophies won - it's as easy as that.

Instead of if you could be bothered, why not just do it, I will give you some help though, You will come back with Linfield, and I will reply they are not all fifa recognized tropheys:wink:

As for the second part, we may be a big fish in a small pond but at the end of the day you still got to beat what's put in front of you, only 2 teams have won the spl on of 12 but in England is it not only 4 teams that have won the EPL, it's the same situation.

Golden Bear
15-11-2009, 01:52 PM
Instead of if you could be bothered, why not just do it, I will give you some help though, You will come back with Linfield, and I will reply they are not all fifa recognized tropheys:wink:

I'll respond in about 7 weeks - my little elfs are now under contract for the xmas season so they've no time to undertake the necessary research.

:wink:

blueisthecolour
15-11-2009, 01:54 PM
I'll respond in about 7 weeks - my little elfs are now under contract for the xmas season so they've no time to undertake the necessary research.

:wink:
No probs, but save your wee elfs the bother, just take my word for it:wink:

ArabHibee
15-11-2009, 02:43 PM

Feed the HUNS.........

It's actually "Feed the Weegies............" therefore able to be sung at both Rankgers and Smeltc games.

No probs, but save your wee elfs the bother, just take my word for it:wink:

No thanks, we were brought up never to take a Huns word for anything.

And look at me - multi-quoting!! :greengrin

basehibby
15-11-2009, 02:57 PM

Same as most of us in Scotland - it's an attitude which has been outdated and irrelevant for centuries. But for your greater understanding, the Huns never even signed a catholic until the eighties and still have a large section of their support who hold onto these biggoted ideals. That's the main reason why everybody hates them.

The_Horde
15-11-2009, 03:02 PM
ooh, me bad.:wink: ok ,feed the huns buns..........let them know.....

Feed the weegies. :wink:

blueisthecolour
15-11-2009, 03:08 PM
Same as most of us in Scotland - it's an attitude which has been outdated and irrelevant for centuries. But for your greater understanding, the Huns never even signed a catholic until the eighties and still have a large section of their support who hold onto these biggoted ideals. That's the main reason why everybody hates them.

So who was this first catholic then?

Barney McGrew
15-11-2009, 03:40 PM
Funny enough, we get slagged for having fans outside glasgow, all over Scotland ,England N Ireland ect yet when these flags are seen at ibrox it's all down to the scots.

As for proud to be British is just to wind up them across the city, why would that be, is it something to be ashamed of to be proud of your nation? Im very proud to be Scottish but also British.

So the ones with the English and Red Hand flags are all from outside Scotland? Aye right then. If you believe that, then you're either at the wind up or the most naive person that's ever walked this earth.

And if it's all down to being proud about being British, then judging by the number of Union Flags being flown why is it that your support feel the need to be extra extra proud when they play Celtic?

So who was this first catholic then?

Didn't realise this had turned into Question of Sport.

It was John Spencer BTW. IIRC, he was about 14 at the time, and it was that big news that coverage of his school football match and him getting booked made the back page of the Sunday Mail.

blueisthecolour
15-11-2009, 03:48 PM
So the ones with the English and Red Hand flags are all from outside Scotland? Aye right then. If you believe that, then you're either at the wind up or the most naive person that's ever walked this earth.

And if it's all down to being proud about being British, then judging by the number of Union Flags being flown why is it that your support feel the need to be extra extra proud when they play Celtic?

I didn't say they where all from outside Scotland as im sure you will be aware all Irish tri-colours at easter rd are not held by all Irish men.

You could check the pics from some celtic games where there have been displays of st andrews flags and from the uefa cup final where there was a display of union flags, so it's not always against celtic that the union flag is brought out, also most folk take there banners and flags to the big games like parkhead and euro games, places like easter rd are not big enough for some of the banners that attend celtic park, im talking about the Shawlands bib banner and Bathgate union jack banner.

blueisthecolour
15-11-2009, 03:50 PM

Didn't realise this had turned into Question of Sport.

It was John Spencer BTW. IIRC, he was about 14 at the time, and it was that big news that coverage of his school football match and him getting booked made the back page of the Sunday Mail.

The other poster was giving facts(well what he thought where facts abouts dates catholics signed for rangers) so I asked who it was.

And btw for a bonus point we will pass to the other team to try give the correct anwser.

Barney McGrew
15-11-2009, 03:53 PM
I didn't say they where all from outside Scotland as im sure you will be aware all Irish tri-colours at easter rd are not held by all Irish men

So why would a Scot want to take either of those two flags to an SPL game? I thought it was about being proud to be British, not English or Northern Irish?

While I don't necessarily agree with people bring a tricolour to ER, at least it has relevance in that our roots are based around Ireland. Yours have nothing to do with either England or Northern Ireland.

blueisthecolour
15-11-2009, 03:57 PM
So why would a Scot want to take either of those two flags to an SPL game?

I thought it was about being proud to be British, not English or Northern Irish?

Maybe the same reason some folk take the portuguese flag or the spannish flag.

Barney McGrew
15-11-2009, 04:00 PM
Maybe the same reason some folk take the portuguese flag or the spannish flag.

What reason is that?

magpie1892
15-11-2009, 04:01 PM
There was an absolute belter on followfollow.com yesterday in a thread about Spurs supposedly being interested in Danny Wilson with one hun writing (get this):

Do these vulture bast ards allow any player to play for any length of time at Ibrox?

The irony of this statement goes off the scale. It's this sort of mindset that makes the huns and their grubby club so despicable. It's ok for the hun to (in times past, at least) cherry pick the rest of Scottish football's nascent talent but when a bigger club eyes up their starlets, they become 'vulture bast ards'.

It's the inablilty to understand their place (that is, mostly insignificant) that rubs everyone else up the wrong way. No-one likes them but, boy, do they ever care! They are even more paranoid than the Declans.

blueisthecolour
15-11-2009, 04:09 PM
What reason is that?

Well you usally see the portugese one getting waved when mendes is on the ball, the spain flag when novo is on the ball ect ect im sure you know where im coming from.

nonshinyfinish
15-11-2009, 04:21 PM
There was an absolute belter on followfollow.com yesterday in a thread about Spurs supposedly being interested in Danny Wilson with one hun writing (get this):

Do these vulture bast ards allow any player to play for any length of time at Ibrox?

The irony of this statement goes off the scale. It's this sort of mindset that makes the huns and their grubby club so despicable. It's ok for the hun to (in times past, at least) cherry pick the rest of Scottish football's nascent talent but when a bigger club eyes up their starlets, they become 'vulture bast ards'.

It's the inablilty to understand their place (that is, mostly insignificant) that rubs everyone else up the wrong way. No-one likes them but, boy, do they ever care! They are even more paranoid than the Declans.

You mean like how it's OK for us to cherry pick Falkirk's best players, yet there's an almighty *****storm when the OF eye up our starlets...

Barney McGrew
15-11-2009, 04:23 PM
Well you usally see the portugese one getting waved when mendes is on the ball, the spain flag when novo is on the ball ect ect im sure you know where im coming from.

I know exactly where you're coming from, that was the point.

What English member of your squad is it that they're bringing along the St George Cross to wave when he gets the ball?

And which member of the squad were they bringing along the Red Hand to wave at between the time Jimmy Nicholl left and Steve Davis was signed?

magpie1892
15-11-2009, 04:27 PM
You mean like how it's OK for us to cherry pick Falkirk's best players, yet there's an almighty *****storm when the OF eye up our starlets...

I think you've missed the point somewhat...

gilliecabbage
15-11-2009, 04:44 PM
[/B]
The other poster was giving facts(well what he thought where facts abouts dates catholics signed for rangers) so I asked who it was.

And btw for a bonus point we will pass to the other team to try give the correct anwser.

Pat Lafferty (1886), according to wikipedia

so basehibby was correct with the eighties!

nonshinyfinish
15-11-2009, 05:27 PM
I think you've missed the point somewhat...

So what was your point? Just that Rangers think they are more important than they are in world football? That may well be the case, but the hypocrisy on here regarding the signing of players from smaller clubs will continue to irritate.

Dr Jimmy
15-11-2009, 05:50 PM
Feed the weegies. :wink:

But that would only get at about 50% of their crowd....Glory hunters need a song as well.

blueisthecolour
15-11-2009, 06:38 PM
Pat Lafferty (1886), according to wikipedia

so basehibby was correct with the eighties!

I did ask him/her to name the player, that way we would have known what decade they where talking about, although if I was a betting man im sure Pat Lafferty would not have been their anwser.

gilliecabbage
15-11-2009, 06:44 PM
I did ask him/her to name the player, that way we would have known what decade they where talking about, although if I was a betting man im sure Pat Lafferty would not have been their anwser.

got a feeling ur correct.but im pretty sure Pat lafferty wouldnt have been your answer:hmmm:

blueisthecolour
15-11-2009, 06:51 PM
[/COLOR]

got a feeling ur correct.but im pretty sure Pat lafferty wouldnt have been your answer:hmmm:

It was actually, the subject has been covered many times on other football boards:wink:

madhibby
15-11-2009, 06:54 PM
So you think because Rangers signed a catholic in 1888 they are not a club that has a sectarian following?
Open your eyes mate and listen to your fellow Rangers fans!

magpie1892
15-11-2009, 07:01 PM
So what was your point? Just that Rangers think they are more important than they are in world football? That may well be the case, but the hypocrisy on here regarding the signing of players from smaller clubs will continue to irritate.

The hypocrisy of rangers fans, mainly. I was making a point about them in a thread with their name atop it.

blueisthecolour
15-11-2009, 07:02 PM
So you think because Rangers signed a catholic in 1888 they are not a club that has a sectarian following?
Open your eyes mate and listen to your fellow Rangers fans!

The statement was rangers didn't sign a catholic until the eighties (we are sure the poster meant the nineteen eighties) so pointing out that wasn't true, so are you only reading parts of the thread and assuming what ive been saying?

ArabHibee
15-11-2009, 08:04 PM
The statement was rangers didn't sign a catholic until the eighties (we are sure the poster meant the nineteen eighties) so pointing out that wasn't true, so are you only reading parts of the thread and assuming what ive been saying?

:yawn: You seriously bore the tits off of me.

You're team and fans are a bunch of bigots. End of discussion.

Killiehibbie
15-11-2009, 08:08 PM

I think were people get mixed up is that there wasn't a catholic signed for many years but maybe there just wasn't the talent available.
Winning trophies in this country DOES NOT allow you to call yourselves the most successful team in the world. I'm champion of everything in my house gets a bit harder when I go outside and play with the big boys.

BroxburnHibee
15-11-2009, 08:30 PM

I think you've made your feelings clear on this AH.

You not noticed the ignore function :greengrin

Hibercelona
15-11-2009, 08:34 PM
I think you've made your feelings clear on this AH.

You not noticed the ignore function :greengrin

Apparently nobody has noticed the ignore function yet.

I can still see what everyones saying. :wink:

ArabHibee
15-11-2009, 08:38 PM
Apparently nobody has noticed the ignore function yet.

I can still see what everyones saying. :wink:

Who said that? :cool2:

Hibercelona
15-11-2009, 09:21 PM
Who said that? :cool2:

:greengrin

Kato
15-11-2009, 11:29 PM
In scotland I would say part of the reason is we a proud to be a British club,

Interesting answer and I don't take exception to how Rangers, fans and club, see themselves as I don't actually care all that much. Of course as far as football is concerned there isn't such a thing as a British Club as there isn't a British Association.

Just to go a wee bit deeper into your answer though. What aspects of British-ness do Rangers fans see within their club to be proud of? On the field a cliche of "British-ness" is the Corinthian spirit of fair-play and sporting behaviour. Off the field Rangers fans do seem proud of being British, but mainly in terms of 17th and 18th Century politics and even then concerning themselves with a very narrow aspect of that era i.e. the politics of Ireland. Britain as a nation has moved away from that era as has Ireland.

I suppose what I'm asking you is, how do Rangers fans show their pride in being British and should Britain in turn be proud of the way they display that pride? Is there a Corinthian spirit on board at Rangers FC? What displays of modern Britain are shown by the fans at Ibrox?

but people seem to think this means being an English club, people say look at the amount of English flags at ibrox when clearly they mean the union flag,

Up until very recently it was seen as the English Flag both here and in
England. The St George's thing is a recent change, probably around Euro 96.

that and we are the most successful club in the world.

I'm a Hibs fan, geezer. Never been jealous of any other club in the world.

Barney McGrew
16-11-2009, 06:17 AM

What English member of your squad is it that they're bringing along the St George Cross to wave when he gets the ball?

And which member of the squad were they bringing along the Red Hand to wave at between the time Jimmy Nicholl left and Steve Davis was signed?

Still no reply to this one eh? :I'm waiti

Struggling to find an answer maybe......

Glorious
16-11-2009, 09:43 AM
He can then answer why on earth they ever put 5 stars above their badge.

Gerard
16-11-2009, 10:05 AM
Feed the HUNS.........

Or feed the Bears:devil:
Gerard

Caversham Green
16-11-2009, 10:30 AM

How many catholics did Rangers sign between 1888 and 1985? And what made the Rangers fans sing about hating John Spencer when he was a 14 year old who had signed for their club?

blackpoolhibs
16-11-2009, 10:57 AM
How many catholics did Rangers sign between 1888 and 1985? And what made the Rangers fans sing about hating John Spencer when he was a 14 year old who had signed for their club?

Also, why do they sing FTP? The list is endless, i feel they perceive britishness, a little different to the majority.

Bad Martini
16-11-2009, 11:53 AM
So rangers have signed Catholics before the 1980's and don't wave flags to wind anyone up. :thumbsup:

You couldn't make this **** up.

We all imagine this sectarian issue which isn't really an issue at all, it's all made up to pick on the poor wee huns and we're all to blame. I see, I see :greengrin

therealgavmac
16-11-2009, 12:14 PM

You should be in politics mate as a spin doctor - bull5h1t to try and get another over your ugly sisters - they've got one star on their shirt for winning the Eurpoean Cup - your mob have 5 - for what?

It's all creative accounting to me.....

blackpoolhibs
16-11-2009, 12:20 PM
You should be in politics mate as a spin doctor - bull5h1t to try and get another over your ugly sisters - they've got one star on their shirt for winning the Eurpoean Cup - your mob have 5 - for what?

It's all creative accounting to me.....

The Glasgow cup is right up there with the best trophies in the world. Pele once was heard to say, it was the one cup he failed to win, and its haunted him ever since.

Dashing Bob S
16-11-2009, 12:26 PM
The only thing ironic about this thread is the title. Irony and Rangers don't, and have never, been able to mix. The main reason is that irony requires some measure of intelligence, and that quality can never be said to coexist in the average Rangers supporter.

I'm not trying to be offensive to anyone, and yes, I'm aware of exceptions, but the vast majority of their supporters are incredibly dim. In fact, the club as an institution can be said to expressly cater for the gormless, low-life, embittered, frustrated people who have been consigned to the lowest echelons of Scottish society (whether through their own fault or someone else's). It functions as a kind of special needs social club to give those deluded headbangers some interest in life, and a kind of false status by the media taking an inordinate interest in their shabby club's affairs. That they only do this to separate them from their meagre pennies which will go on Sky subs and DR sales and replica tops, is beyond the reasoning of these unfortunates. So let's not talk about irony in connection with Rangers. Never has happened, never will.

Phil MaGlass
16-11-2009, 01:21 PM

The Union Jack IS seen as an english flag in Scotland,especially if you are a nationalist, to me its an english flag and a reminder of ....on and on and on and on......

as for yir "we are the most successful club in the world" comment, dinnae make me larf mibbe success in Scotland but not compared to the rest of Europe,you cant compete with bloo8y Romanian sides ffs,

dangermouse
16-11-2009, 02:09 PM

As for the second part, we may be a big fish in a small pond but at the end of the day you still got to beat what's put in front of you, only 2 teams have won the spl on of 12 but in England is it not only 4 teams that have won the EPL, it's the same situation.

And not the four you would expect. :wink:

therealgavmac
16-11-2009, 04:49 PM
The Glasgow cup is right up there with the best trophies in the world. Pele once was heard to say, it was the one cup he failed to win, and its haunted him ever since.

:hilarious

blueisthecolour
16-11-2009, 08:14 PM

As others have said there is an ignore button, I know it's there, you know it's there, I reckon everyone knows it's there, so go on click on it, you know you want to but won't as you await my words of wisdom on the board.:wink:

blueisthecolour
16-11-2009, 08:16 PM
I think were people get mixed up is that there wasn't a catholic signed for many years but maybe there just wasn't the talent available.
Winning trophies in this country DOES NOT allow you to call yourselves the most successful team in the world. I'm champion of everything in my house gets a bit harder when I go outside and play with the big boys.

It does it a world record, It doesn't matter who you win it against it still counts.

blueisthecolour
16-11-2009, 08:23 PM

Very rare to see the English flag at ibrox nowadays, N.Ireland players- Stephen Carson, Lee Feeney, Roy carrol, Paul Mcknight,Darren Fitzgerrald, to name a few.

blueisthecolour
16-11-2009, 08:27 PM
I don't know off hand, and what was the song that was sang against Spenny?

Baldy Foghorn
16-11-2009, 08:28 PM
Very rare to see the English flag at ibrox nowadays, N.Ireland players- Stephen Carson, Lee Feeney, Roy carrol, Paul Mcknight,Darren Fitzgerrald, to name a few.

I honestly dont understand how you can defend your fans..... Rangers fans are notoriously bigotted, and are some of the most unpleasant people i have had the misfortune to be in a stadium with......

One of the many reasons why Rangers are hated?

blueisthecolour
16-11-2009, 08:29 PM
Also, why do they sing FTP? The list is endless, i feel they perceive britishness, a little different to the majority.

You would have to ask the fans who sing it.

blueisthecolour
16-11-2009, 08:31 PM
I honestly dont understand how you can defend your fans..... Rangers fans are notoriously bigotted, and are some of the most unpleasant people i have had the misfortune to be in a stadium with......

One of the many reasons why Rangers are hated?

I wasn't defending, I was anwsering a question, im sure there is unpleasant fans in our support, but from my point of few I would say aberdeen has the most vile support from personal experiance but that doesn't make all aberdeen fans ****.

blueisthecolour
16-11-2009, 08:33 PM
The Union Jack IS seen as an english flag in Scotland,especially if you are a nationalist, to me its an english flag and a reminder of ....on and on and on and on......

as for yir "we are the most successful club in the world" comment, dinnae make me larf mibbe success in Scotland but not compared to the rest of Europe,you cant compete with bloo8y Romanian sides ffs,

That doesn't make it an England flag.

Baldy Foghorn
I wasn't defending, I was anwsering a question, im sure there is unpleasant fans in our support, but from my point of few I would say aberdeen has the most vile support from personal experiance but that doesn't make all aberdeen fans ****.

I was talking about your singing of the sash, derry walls, **** bobby sands, and I had the unpleasant time on the underground when every rangers fan to a man celebrated the death of the Pope.....

Utter and undefendable bigots

blackpoolhibs
You would have to ask the fans who sing it.

Bit difficult as its a small minority, hardly worth the effort i suppose.:faf:

blueisthecolour
16-11-2009, 08:40 PM
I was talking about your singing of the sash, derry walls, **** bobby sands, and I had the unpleasant time on the underground when every rangers fan to a man celebrated the death of the Pope.....

Utter and undefendable bigots

There is songs that get sang at Ibrox that shoundn't get sang but The songs you mention are not sectarian, the problem is the add ons, like ftp, even simply the best was droped for a while as idiots couldn't help themselfs with ftp at the end, as for bobby sands, I don't understand why he is mentioned imo that's making him a martyr(sp), but im a football fan and not interested in the going's on of BS.

Baldy Foghorn
16-11-2009, 08:45 PM
There is songs that get sang at Ibrox that shoundn't get sang but The songs you mention are not sectarian, the problem is the add ons, like ftp, even simply the best was droped for a while as idiots couldn't help themselfs with ftp at the end, as for bobby sands, I don't understand why he is mentioned imo that's making him a martyr(sp), but im a football fan and not interested in the going's on of BS.

Not sectarian you say, but absolutely no relevance to football whatsoever.....

blueisthecolour
16-11-2009, 08:54 PM
Not sectarian you say, but absolutely no relevance to football whatsoever.....

I didn't disagree.

Killiehibbie
16-11-2009, 09:33 PM
It does it a world record, It doesn't matter who you win it against it still counts.

How can you call yourself the most successful team in the world, which you did earlier, when you can hardly win a game in the CL. Twist it round anyway you want 1 trophy outwith this country is not all that successful. As i said I can beat everybody in my house I wouldn't kid on that makes me some kind of bigshot.

ArabHibee
16-11-2009, 09:55 PM

Sorry - who?

Barney McGrew
17-11-2009, 07:21 AM

:faf:

How many of said players actually turned out regularly for the first team (if at all). Do you honestly expect us to believe that your average Red Hand waving currant bun took the flag along to the game with them just on the odd chance one of said players made an appearance? Dearie me.

And as for the English flag - lets say it is rare. It's still there. So it sort of shoots down your idea that they're bringing it along to support English Rangers players, especially since you don't have any. :cool2:

The songs you mention are not sectarian, the problem is the add ons

No, the problem is that songs about a battle in another country over 300 years ago are completely irrelevant at an SPL match in 2009.

If Rangers and Celtic really wanted to stop the sectarian elements in their support, then they could do it quite easily. They sell the tickets to the games (with a few exceptions for away games) so it wouldn't be hard for them to identify and ban supporters if they had the inclination to do it.

They won't though, because maintaining it keeps the money rolling in. And they have a ready made army of people like yourself who are happy to make excuses for it and blame everyone else for the problem.

Baldy Foghorn
17-11-2009, 08:08 AM
:faf:

How many of said players actually turned out regularly for the first team (if at all). Do you honestly expect us to believe that your average Red Hand waving currant bun took the flag along to the game with them just on the odd chance one of said players made an appearance? Dearie me.

And as for the English flag - lets say it is rare. It's still there. So it sort of shoots down your idea that they're bringing it along to support English Rangers players, especially since you don't have any. :cool2:

No, the problem is that songs about a battle in another country over 300 years ago are completely irrelevant at an SPL match in 2009.

If Rangers and Celtic really wanted to stop the sectarian elements in their support, then they could do it quite easily. They sell the tickets to the games (with a few exceptions for away games) so it wouldn't be hard for them to identify and ban supporters if they had the inclination to do it.

They won't though, because maintaining it keeps the money rolling in. And they have a ready made army of people like yourself who are happy to make excuses for it and blame everyone else for the problem.

:top marks:top marks

exactly what I think but did not have the elegance to write it like Shugster

Steve20
17-11-2009, 08:20 AM
How can you call yourself the most successful team in the world, which you did earlier, when you can hardly win a game in the CL. Twist it round anyway you want 1 trophy outwith this country is not all that successful. As i said I can beat everybody in my house I wouldn't kid on that makes me some kind of bigshot.

To be fair to the hun, he has made a valid point. If you are not basing it on trophies won, then what? I don't think the guy is saying they are the best in the world. Just that they have had the most success, which is true.

Caversham Green
17-11-2009, 08:28 AM
I don't know off hand, and what was the song that was sang against Spenny?

Have a guess about the number of catholic players signed in those 97 year - see if it's similar to mine. Do it by percentage if you think that's easier.

The songs they sang about Spenny (that's not what they called him in 1985) included "If ye hate John Spencer clap yer hands" followed by wild applause of course, and "Want John Spencer, we dinnae want John Spencer".

sadtom
17-11-2009, 08:50 AM
To clear up a few points.
Britain is not a 'nation' (someone ought to till Thick Griffin) its a 'State' (in so many ways).
John Spencer is/was not a 'cafflick'. IIRC He was either un-christened or protestant who attended a catholic school. Still a 14 year old with such a tangilble link to the 'Sea of Rome' was enough for the slobbering banjopluckers to whip themselves into a frothing at the mouth frenzy and cancel nearly 30 buses to tannadice (with no condemnation from the club) as this was seen as an 'threat' to their 'traditions'.

So what are these 'traditions'? Well the huns, for their 1st 50 years or so, had no sectarian policy, they weren't even regarded as the 'natives' club or the 'club of the establishment' - it was Queens Park.
Rangers sectarian, protestant only approach came to the fore in 1922. Which coincided with partitioning in ireland and saw thousands of (particularly) fearful ulstermen of scots descent migrating to Scotland (those bloody immigrants from across the irish sea eh!:grr::greengrin) to take up jobs in the newly opened Harland and Wolff shipyard in Govan.
But hey, lets not let facts get in the way of a good old thicko bigot fest.

Celtc claim to know their history but usually get it all wrong.
I'll give der huns credit though, they dont even pretend to know ***** all about anything, even their own club!

As the song goes 'No-one likes you'. Is it because of the bigots? The small minded attitudes? The (undeserving) superiority complex? The aggressive bullying nature? Or is it because you're lumpen trailortrash. - So many choices!

Its not really just catholicism that the huns have a problem with. Its Irish caffliks in particular.
I'll believe the huns have shipped the sectarian baggage when they sign Patrick O'Flaherty, son of a long standing republican family and captain of the Eire national team and none of the ibrox mensa crew bat an eyelid.

Killiehibbie
17-11-2009, 10:40 AM
To be fair to the hun, he has made a valid point. If you are not basing it on trophies won, then what? I don't think the guy is saying they are the best in the world. Just that they have had the most success, which is true.

The point i'm making is outwith these borders they're not very successful at all. They imagine themselves as some kind of global brand that should be quoted alongside the best. They are a only the most successful in their own wee Country.

Bad Martini
17-11-2009, 11:11 AM
To clear up a few points.
Britain is not a 'nation' (someone ought to till Thick Griffin) its a 'State' (in so many ways).
John Spencer is/was not a 'cafflick'. IIRC He was either un-christened or protestant who attended a catholic school. Still a 14 year old with such a tangilble link to the 'Sea of Rome' was enough for the slobbering banjopluckers to whip themselves into a frothing at the mouth frenzy and cancel nearly 30 buses to tannadice (with no condemnation from the club) as this was seen as an 'threat' to their 'traditions'.

So what are these 'traditions'? Well the huns, for their 1st 50 years or so, had no sectarian policy, they weren't even regarded as the 'natives' club or the 'club of the establishment' - it was Queens Park.
Rangers sectarian, protestant only approach came to the fore in 1922. Which coincided with partitioning in ireland and saw thousands of (particularly) fearful ulstermen of scots descent migrating to Scotland (those bloody immigrants from across the irish sea eh!:grr::greengrin) to take up jobs in the newly opened Harland and Wolff shipyard in Govan.
But hey, lets not let facts get in the way of a good old thicko bigot fest.

Celtc claim to know their history but usually get it all wrong.
I'll give der huns credit though, they dont even pretend to know ***** all about anything, even their own club!

As the song goes 'No-one likes you'. Is it because of the bigots? The small minded attitudes? The (undeserving) superiority complex? The aggressive bullying nature? Or is it because you're lumpen trailortrash. - So many choices!

Its not really just catholicism that the huns have a problem with. Its Irish caffliks in particular.
I'll believe the huns have shipped the sectarian baggage when they sign Patrick O'Flaherty, son of a long standing republican family and captain of the Eire national team and none of the ibrox mensa crew bat an eyelid.

ENDOF :thumbsup:

in-me-pocket
17-11-2009, 11:23 AM

anyway daftie. Never mind all that guff .....

Real Madrid are THE most successful team in the world ever.

One European Cup => 50 SPL titles. This makes them about 10 times more successful than Rangers.

Seemples.

Calvin
17-11-2009, 11:32 AM

Nacional of Uruguay?