PDA

View Full Version : Power to the (paying) people!

1two
14-11-2009, 11:13 AM
I've been reading a lot of the stuff regarding the Old firm to EPL etc and recently read the Bill Leckie article which, regardless of being in a red top paper, seems to highlight the big problems in scottish football relating to the Old Firm as well as Lack of competition at the top and bottom of our league setup.

I was thinking about the possiblity of starting some sort of petition which could include all fans of every club in the Scottish League, from Hibs, Hearts, Aberdeen down to Elgin & Forfar etc, highlighting exactly how we feel about the current sad state of scottish football and the need for a major shake up. ie. A 2 league system, with play offs etc. and a fairer share of Money generate via TV etc.

It could just be a single page letter which could be posted on fans forums and a page that could be printed off to collect as many signatures as possible from pubs etc before games. Give it a couple of weeks and gather a few thousand signatures, collect them altogether and send tothe chiefs at the top. (SPL, SFA and League bosses.)

Especially after them getting knocked back this week from down south, NOW is the time for change.

Whats everyones thoughts?

I'm not the best at wording letters but I would give it a go and get help from here to word it better?