PDA

View Full Version : Senior Citizen Criteria

PaulSmith
14-11-2009, 07:28 AM
Can anyone tell me what Hibs class as a senior citizen, is it over 60 or 65?

Keith_M
14-11-2009, 07:33 AM
Can anyone tell me what Hibs class as a senior citizen, is it over 60 or 65?

You just need to be an ex-Casual and they automatically assume you're old enough.

Just you go in wi' a Hugo Boss 1980's T-Shirt and odd coloured Adidas trainers and it'll be a scoosh :wink:

Jim44
14-11-2009, 08:51 AM
You just need to be an ex-Casual and they automatically assume you're old enough.

Just you go in wi' a Hugo Boss 1980's T-Shirt and odd coloured Adidas trainers and it'll be a scoosh :wink:

Hibs 'senior citizen' status is 65. Quite a few, eg. Motherwell, accept 60.

WindyMiller
14-11-2009, 01:24 PM
Hibs 'senior citizen' status is 65. Quite a few, eg. Motherwell, accept 60.

If you've lived for 60 years in Motherwell you deserve it.

Rossco1875
14-11-2009, 02:29 PM

:thumbsup:

Danderhall Hibs
14-11-2009, 03:13 PM

You'd also be defying medical science.

monktonharp
15-11-2009, 01:29 AM
You'd also be defying medical science.and probably have 2 heids

Speedy
15-11-2009, 01:34 AM
Do you need ID or can you just say you are over 65? And no I'm not thinking of trying it :greengrin

WindyMiller
15-11-2009, 10:36 AM
Do you need ID or can you just say you are over 65? And no I'm not thinking of trying it :greengrin

Petrie checks you out personally.:agree:

Aubenas
15-11-2009, 10:40 AM
Judith Ireland asks you what you think of the current Hibs squad.

If you say: Not a patch on the Famous Five......

you get your OAP ticket.
:agree:

mim
15-11-2009, 01:02 PM
I think it's pretty disgraceful that a female pensioner of between 60 and 65 is not treated as a pensioner by Hibs.

I know this is all to do with equality of the sexes, but if you're a pensioner you should be entitled to a concessionary season ticket.

We will not be losing 100's of season tickets because of this, but we will be losing some.

Some other clubs treat everyone over 60, male and female, as concessions and I'm sure sell a good number of season tickets that they otherwise wouldn't. This is just a different way of implementing 'equality'.

Hibs would sell 100's of extra season tickets by adopting the over 60 rule. They would include me and a mate from Buckhaven, but I suppose, God willing, I can wait until the 2011/12 season.

ancient hibee
15-11-2009, 02:20 PM
If you renew a season ticket the month before your 65th birthday(as I did)you can have the pleasure of paying full whack for another year.

FranckSuzy
15-11-2009, 02:23 PM
Whenever my uncle (who's 62) has been at a home game, he just asks for a concession, shows his bus pass and is charged the OAP rate. No-one has ever questioned whether he's over 65 or not. Not sure about the season ticket criteria tho'.

PaulSmith
15-11-2009, 04:25 PM
I think it's pretty disgraceful that a female pensioner of between 60 and 65 is not treated as a pensioner by Hibs.

I know this is all to do with equality of the sexes, but if you're a pensioner you should be entitled to a concessionary season ticket.

We will not be losing 100's of season tickets because of this, but we will be losing some.

Some other clubs treat everyone over 60, male and female, as concessions and I'm sure sell a good number of season tickets that they otherwise wouldn't. This is just a different way of implementing 'equality'.

Hibs would sell 100's of extra season tickets by adopting the over 60 rule. They would include me and a mate from Buckhaven, but I suppose, God willing, I can wait until the 2011/12 season.

I think that there's actually something in trying to encourage the more generous in years brigade. No other Scottish Club has went into that community and pro-actively tried to entice guys back that are now 60+.

mim
15-11-2009, 05:12 PM
I think that there's actually something in trying to encourage the more generous in years brigade. No other Scottish Club has went into that community and pro-actively tried to entice guys back that are now 60+.

Exactly and, in Hibs case, over 60's were reared with stories of, or seeing, The Famous Five. They would have been regulars during the Turnbulls Tornadoes era and will be easily enticed back, if Hibs are playing football with style. :agree:

jakki
15-11-2009, 07:13 PM
I am an OAP but denied an OAP ticket because I am female'

What really gets on my goat is when its not a special ocassion where I can afford the £60+ taxi fare to and from the ground. I am not registered with the government as being disabled (I am still fighting them) and as such cannot get a wheelchair bay even paying full price. I could get to most games with the Disability bus but might have to be dropped off anytime between 12.00 and kick off. Thats no problem as I could meet up with old friends at the supporters club and scoot round in my mobility scooter for kick off but thats another problem. I could walk from the concourse to a low seat in the South Stand but have to leave my scooter in the concourse if allowed. I have asked them twice, the last time was collecting my wheelchair bay ticket for Bolton and was reassured that they would look into my problem. They took my phone no and email address but again still not a dicky bird.

My nextdoor neighbour who is registered as disabled (and can even run for a bus whereas I cannot even walk to the bus stop ) has suggested that I use her details to get registered with Hibs, but I couldn't lie to my football team, I'll just have to wait until the stupid a...holes in the government accept my disabilities.:grr:

Jim44
16-11-2009, 11:18 AM
It's ridiculous that females between 60 and 65 do not get concessions at ER. If they're pushing the OAP line, they should accept that anyone receiving the State Pension, is eligible. From a selfish point of view, I still think that men over 60, if retired, should also qualify. I would certainly go much more regularly if that were the case. :dunno:

Danderhall Hibs
16-11-2009, 11:39 AM

The state retirement age is increasing to age 65 for women – why should they get their OAP season tickets 5 years early?

Equal opportunities for everyone – including men. :agree:

:stirrer:

Golden Bear
16-11-2009, 11:43 AM
The state retirement age is increasing to age 65 for women – why should they get their OAP season tickets 5 years early?

Equal opportunities for everyone – including men. :agree:

:stirrer:

I'd agree with that. They should lower the concession age to 60 for men rather than raise it to 65 for women.

Danderhall Hibs
16-11-2009, 11:47 AM
I'd agree with that. They should lower the concession age to 60 for men rather than raise it to 65 for women.

If the State age is 65 why would the club lower it? If you’re working ‘till 65 then you can pay full price.

In fact as all OAPs are minted I’d charge then the full shebang all the time.

Golden Bear
16-11-2009, 11:53 AM
If the State age is 65 why would the club lower it? If you’re working ‘till 65 then you can pay full price.

Controversial - tin hat time!

::smokin

Gingertosser
16-11-2009, 12:01 PM
I believe they should do something for those approaching 65 during a season.

A freind of mine will be 65 in December and had asked if they could work out a deal with his season ticket where he would pay full rate for 50% of the season and concession rate for the other 50%

This was rejected out of hand and he decided not to renew and wait until the half seasons were released.

So its lose, lose for hibs as they have missed out on some money and (althought this isn't the case) he could have found he didn't miss it as much as he might have thought, and not bothered going back.

In the end he just blagged season tickets off others when they couldn't make games i.e. on holiday, working etc

Maybe its an area they should look into :confused:

Jim44
16-11-2009, 12:01 PM

Controversial - tin hat time!

::smokin

Controversial? Nah..............just misguided youth.:greengrin I was the same myself when I was in my prime. The older you get,the more sensible you get. :stirrer::worms::offski:

Danderhall Hibs
16-11-2009, 12:03 PM
Controversial? Nah..............just misguided youth.:greengrin I was the same myself when I was in my prime. The older you get,the more sensible you get. :stirrer::worms::offski:

:agree: If and when I’m of pension age I will also want everything for nothing.

IWasThere2016
16-11-2009, 12:27 PM

Gi'e the smokes and the Becks a rest and you'll see 2041/42 season* :cool2:

* Disclaimer - TQM cannot guarantee the Scottish Cup before this date :boo hoo:

sleeping giant
16-11-2009, 12:56 PM
:agree: If and when I’m of pension age I will also want everything for nothing.

:faf:

capi
16-11-2009, 04:12 PM
I think all over 60's should get the concessional price, but they should be made to work for it.
Keep them back after the match to clean up the stadium. To make sure they do this, get them to hand over their dentures before the game and they only get them back when the stands are sparkling.:wink:

Peevemor
16-11-2009, 04:14 PM
I think all over 60's should get the concessional price, but they should be made to work for it.
Keep them back after the match to clean up the stadium. To make sure they do this, get them to hand over their dentures before the game and they only get them back when the stands are sparkling.:wink:

How are they going to get the chuggie off the seats? :confused:

capi
16-11-2009, 04:16 PM
How are they going to get the chuggie off the seats? :confused:

Gum suction??

MountcastleHibs
16-11-2009, 07:48 PM
It's ridiculous that females between 60 and 65 do not get concessions at ER. If they're pushing the OAP line, they should accept that anyone receiving the State Pension, is eligible. From a selfish point of view, I still think that men over 60, if retired, should also qualify. I would certainly go much more regularly if that were the case. :dunno:

I assume it's about equality. The club can't have one rule for men and one rule for women like anything in life nowadays.. it's illegal under the EU's equality laws. Also, women will soon be in line with men and be classed as OAPs at 65 so...

The other solution is putting men down to 60 whilst women are classed as OAPs at 60, but I imagine the club fears losing out on the money generated from the 60-65 age range however small that is... Sad but true imo.