PDA

View Full Version : NHC Tevez considering retirement at 25

Coco Bryce
13-11-2009, 09:59 PM
Lazy so and so (http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premier_league/manchester_city/article6916474.ece)

He's becoming fed up and tired of playing football :bitchy:

Hibbyradge
13-11-2009, 10:01 PM
I've been considering retiring since I was 16! :greengrin

Bostonhibby
13-11-2009, 10:03 PM
maybe he is going to get a job?

Danderhall Hibs
13-11-2009, 10:08 PM
Lazy so and so (http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premier_league/manchester_city/article6916474.ece)

He's becoming fed up and tired of playing football :bitchy:

I don't think that's what he's said. His problem is obviously lack of motivation.

Hibercelona
13-11-2009, 10:14 PM
Just another poor example of a player who only played to become rich and nothing more. :yawn:

joe breezy
13-11-2009, 10:14 PM
If I was getting millions I would retire fairly sharpish too...

Danderhall Hibs
13-11-2009, 10:16 PM
Just another poor example of a player who only played to become rich and nothing more. :yawn:

He's talking about walking away from a £35m contract!

Killiehibbie
13-11-2009, 10:21 PM
Maybe he feels as though he'd be short changing his employers and the fans if he's not motivated and giving 100%? Or more likely he's made enough and thought **** it who cares i'm off.

Hibercelona
13-11-2009, 10:22 PM
He's talking about walking away from a £35m contract!

As if 35m is going to make any difference to him.

No footballer should be aiming to retire this early. Players of his quality can go on and play into their mid 30's.

He has the chance to go on and make an even bigger name for himself... But instead would just happily take the money he's got and walk away.

Poor show IMO.

Removed
13-11-2009, 10:25 PM

No footballer should be aiming to retire this early. Players of his quality can go on and play into their mid 30's.

He has the chance to go on and make an even bigger name for himself... But instead would just happily take the money he's got and walk away.

Poor show IMO.

His choice, his life. Who are we to criticise.

Lucky ******* :agree:

gringojoe
13-11-2009, 10:26 PM
Must have had a huge paper round look more like 45 than 25.

Danderhall Hibs
13-11-2009, 10:27 PM

Poor show IMO.

I don't think he ever said it was him aim to retire this early - it's just how he's feeling at the moment. If anything it's honourable to walk early and not take the cash he could for going through the motions.

Hibercelona
13-11-2009, 10:35 PM
I don't think he ever said it was him aim to retire this early - it's just how he's feeling at the moment. If anything it's honourable to walk early and not take the cash he could for going through the motions.

I do see where you're coming from.

But players of his quality should never allow themselves to feel unmotivated.

Thats what splits the class players from the "not so class" players.

Class players have the ability to keep themselves motivated, regardless of personal matters.

I just can't help feeling that his comments about being "unmotivated" are just an excuse to take the easy option out.

It's just my take on it.

Wotherspiniesta
13-11-2009, 10:36 PM
Runs about a lot, scores a goal once every 7 or so games. You could say he is the Argentinian Kenny Miller :greengrin

Danderhall Hibs
13-11-2009, 10:39 PM
But players of his quality should never allow themselves to feel unmotivated.

Thats what splits the class players from the "not so class" players.

Class players have the ability to keep themselves motivated, regardless of personal matters.

:agree: Giggs is a great example - he had made his dough early doors but still wants to carry on winning things.

Everyone's different though.

Hibercelona
13-11-2009, 10:42 PM
:agree: Giggs is a great example - he had made his dough early doors but still wants to carry on winning things.

Everyone's different though.

True. :agree:

It's just a shame if he does finish early.

He certainly isn't the most prolific goal scorer. But he does have a touch of magic about him.

Hibbyradge
13-11-2009, 10:51 PM

Sorry, wee Hibee, but that's funny.

:faf:

Hibercelona
13-11-2009, 10:54 PM
Sorry, wee Hibee, but that's funny.

:faf:

Why?

He's probably got enough money in his bank to last 10 more life times.

Why would any more matter to him? :confused:

Hibbyradge
13-11-2009, 11:01 PM
Why?

He's probably got enough money in his bank to last 10 more life times.

Why would any more matter to him? :confused:

Aye ok.

£35m is small beer to a 25 year old. :rolleyes:

Hibercelona
13-11-2009, 11:07 PM
Aye ok.

£35m is small beer to a 25 year old. :rolleyes:

A 25 year old thats played for arguably the biggest club in the world. :wink:

Hibbyradge
13-11-2009, 11:18 PM
A 25 year old thats played for arguably the biggest club in the world. :wink:

2 years at Man U.

How much do you think he got paid if £35m is of no consequence to him now?

How much money would you have to have invested for £35m to make no difference?

£1m? £10m? £35m? £250m? £500m? :dunno:

Hibercelona
13-11-2009, 11:21 PM
2 years at Man U.

How much do you think he got paid if £35m is of no consequence to him now?

How much money would you have to have invested for £35m to make no difference?

£1m? £10m? £35m? £250m? £500m? :dunno:

I'm not saying that 35 million isn't a lot to him.

But it's not as if its any use to him now.

He's got all he needs to live a high luxury life. Adding 35 million isn't going to up his quality of life anymore. :rolleyes:

Hibbyradge
13-11-2009, 11:25 PM
I'm not saying that 35 million isn't a lot to him.

But it's not as if its any use to him now.

He's got all he needs to live a high luxury life. Adding 35 million isn't going to up his quality of life anymore. :rolleyes:

Oh come on.

He could buy a private jet.

Or a right barry yacht.

Or loads of coke.

Stop yer slavering, ya bam. :wink:

Hibercelona
13-11-2009, 11:30 PM
Oh come on.

Or a right barry yacht.

Or loads of coke.

Maybe he has a fear of heights or gets extreme sea sickness. :devil: :greengrin

PC Stamp
13-11-2009, 11:33 PM
Maybe he has a fear of heights or gets extreme sea sickness. :devil: :greengrin

Or fizzy drinks :agree: :greengrin

Steve-O
13-11-2009, 11:35 PM
I can't believe he still can't speak any English!

Hibercelona
13-11-2009, 11:38 PM

:agree:

He may be gutted that he can only buy 10,000,000 cans of cola instead of the 30,000,000 he could have bought with that additional cash. :greengrin

Hibbyradge
13-11-2009, 11:40 PM

:thumbsup: :faf:

Aye, he was once served a right dodgy lemonade in the Tynie Arms.

:greengrin

Hibercelona
13-11-2009, 11:40 PM
:thumbsup: :faf:

Aye, he was once served a right dodgy lemonade in the Tynie Arms.

Andy Bee
13-11-2009, 11:43 PM
Oh come on.

Or a right barry yacht.

Or loads of coke.

He could clear Rangers debt but sadly would need to do another year to balance the Yams books :agree:

surreyhibbie
13-11-2009, 11:50 PM
Oh come on.

Or a right barry yacht.

Or loads of coke.

Or Hibs! :greengrin

Hibbyradge
14-11-2009, 12:05 AM
Or Hibs! :greengrin

Good point.

I now agree with Wee Hibee.

Tevez wouldn't be interested in that £35m. :wink:

Big Ed
14-11-2009, 12:25 AM
Depression? Robert Enke anyone?

Speedy
14-11-2009, 03:58 AM
People are sort of slating him but he may just want to spend time with his family. He can obviously afford to live off his previous earnings and spend time with his kids(assuming he has some). I don't have a family i.e. kids etc. but I can see why someone in his position may want to pack in football in favour of family.

Harpandcastle
14-11-2009, 08:07 AM
Going from United to City is a massive drop of status in the football world, one which the increased money is obviously not making up for. To be fair I can understand how it would be hard to motivate yourself at a club like City after 2 years of success at Manchester United.

Riquelme talked his way out of a contract at Villareal when he wanted to get back to Boca, knowing full well Boca could never have afforded a straight forward transfer for him, it appears Adriano did the same at Inter and is now happy and doing the business for Flamengo in Brazil. Tevez has repeatedly said he would be back at Boca and that it would be before he was over the hill, this could well be the start of him talking his way out a contract to make that move happen.

hibsbollah
14-11-2009, 08:32 AM
Going from United to City is a massive drop of status in the football world, one which the increased money is obviously not making up for. To be fair I can understand how it would be hard to motivate yourself at a club like City after 2 years of success at Manchester United.

Riquelme talked his way out of a contract at Villareal when he wanted to get back to Boca, knowing full well Boca could never have afforded a straight forward transfer for him, it appears Adriano did the same at Inter and is now happy and doing the business for Flamengo in Brazil. Tevez has repeatedly said he would be back at Boca and that it would be before he was over the hill, this could well be the start of him talking his way out a contract to make that move happen.

Good point:agree: It may just be a tactic to move back home. He may also have looked at JS Veron, whose career has gone from strength to strength since he went back to Argentina.

Woody1985
14-11-2009, 09:00 AM
Tevez will be sued to **** by Man City for the transfer fee they paid for him and probably the remainded of his contract.

He can't afford to retire.

Leith Green
14-11-2009, 11:50 AM
Having watched Manchester City quite a bit this season, I have to say that his body language made him look unhappy and as if he couldnt be ersed..
Only game he actually looked as if he applied himself 100 per cent was at Old Trafford.

If this is true then he is a complete phannie!

Rossco1875
14-11-2009, 11:59 AM
i bet yogi could could sprinkle some of the gold dust make carlos feel better :thumbsup:

Come to the hibees Carlos you know its Right:agree:

Danderhall Hibs
14-11-2009, 01:56 PM
I reckon he was asked the question "what would you do if Argentina won the world cup?" and answered "I'd probably retire"