PDA

View Full Version : Who is replaceable?

GC
13-11-2009, 01:42 PM
We have a decent looking squad now, a bit bare bones if injuries kicked in to challenge for the title but when all fit and healthy a good squad.

But if we were to make a major push in the next window to really improve the team, which players would we really keep where they are and build around them?

Talk of Barr and Arfield coming in means that players are going to have to drop out if the rumours become hard fact.

Who would save their place in the team no matter who signed and who is replaceable?

blackpoolhibs
13-11-2009, 01:47 PM
Two players i'd let go, would be David van zanten, and Joe Keenan. They have not even made the bench for months.

Teo10
13-11-2009, 01:48 PM
Who knows where AOB has gone...

Wage Theif:grr:

GC
13-11-2009, 01:49 PM
Two players i'd let go, would be David van zanten, and Joe Keenan. They have not even made the bench for months.

What about JJ, is he still injured?

GC
13-11-2009, 01:49 PM

:grr:

***** off man:greengrin

blackpoolhibs
13-11-2009, 01:51 PM

Just needs a bit more time, and a run in the team.:wink:

MacBean
13-11-2009, 02:00 PM
Banter a-side...

I think we are well equipped for Central Midfield roles. McBride, Miller, Cregg, Zouma, Stevenson.

we're also well covered up front/wide men Deeks, Stokes, Zouma, Benji, Nish, Galbraith, Wotherspoon (D), Byrne

Defensively! :bitchy:

Bamba is away for a month and could get injured/snapped up by someone else.
Hogg has been a bombscare this season, although he was solid against the Yams
Murray - Mr dependable! simply superb, will fill in for Bamba in the middle when goes.

we need wing backs, and i think Barr coming would solve that as Murray would stay out wide, however given his "incurable arthritis" we dont know how injury free he is going to remain throughout the season.

I still think D should be pushed more upfield, however he is starting to remind me of Whittaker.

Stronger depth in defence is what i would like to see

Malthibby
13-11-2009, 04:20 PM
My main issue with the 'Who we gonna get in the next windae?' is the potential for shutting out the youff talent coming through the ranks.
It's a thin line between not being ready & not getting the chance to prove otherwise.
GG

GC
13-11-2009, 06:59 PM
To answer my own question I think there is only a handful at Easter Road that would still find themselves in the team if we were to really try and strengthen the side.

Bamba
Murray
Wotherspoon
Zemmama
Riordan
Miller
Stokes

Other than those 7 the rest of the first team could be improved, Arfield could take the place of McBride and though being a fan of Hogg and granted he is club skipper Barr should take his place.

The rest of the first team deserve to be in the whole squad but to really make a difference build a team around those 7.

Riordans Boots
13-11-2009, 07:05 PM
What's the script with McCann these days?? Thought he had recovered from his op and was back in training :dunno:

cammy1969
13-11-2009, 07:06 PM
To answer my own question I think there is only a handful at Easter Road that would still find themselves in the team if we were to really try and strengthen the side.

Bamba
Murray
Wotherspoon
Zemmama
Riordan
Miller
Stokes

Other than those 7 the rest of the first team could be improved, Arfield could take the place of McBride and though being a fan of Hogg and granted he is club skipper Barr should take his place.

The rest of the first team deserve to be in the whole squad but to really make a difference build a team around those 7.
how would arfield take the place of mcbride apart from the fact that mcbride has been 1 of our best players if not the best so far this season 1 is a sitting midfielder the other an attacking midfielder

GC
13-11-2009, 07:18 PM
how would arfield take the place of mcbride apart from the fact that mcbride has been 1 of our best players if not the best so far this season 1 is a sitting midfielder the other an attacking midfielder

McBride has been one of our best players but if Arfield was to sign for Hibs then McBride goes before Miller.

These are all hypothetical questions and answers but the whole thread is about who is replaceable, McBride certainly out of the midfield is.

scoopyboy
13-11-2009, 09:09 PM
I think we have to remember that who will he replace in the side isn't always the point.

We have had a good run and before the trip to Tynecastle we had the same team for a few weeks on the bounce.

The bigger picture however is that players lose form, get suspended, get injured or get the urge to move on. My point is that we need a better squad and I think few could argue that Barr or Arfield would strengthen our squad.

To me its not about who is replaceable its about if x drops out do we have a y that can come and not weaken the team.

Last week was a prime example of you can't keep the same team week in, week out and I think we were found wanting to an extent with three changes.

VegasHibby
13-11-2009, 09:10 PM

Bamba
Murray
Wotherspoon
Zemmama
Riordan
Miller
Stokes

McBride has to stay. Galbraith needs a fair chance. Stack's getting more confident and i'd keep him

ronaldo7
13-11-2009, 09:19 PM

Bamba
Murray
Wotherspoon
Zemmama
Riordan
Miller
Stokes

Two completely different type of players. McBride is a holding midfielder and is doing a fantastic job since joining us.

Arfield is an attacking midfielder and seems to be doing an ok job for Falkirk at the moment.

brydekirk
13-11-2009, 09:32 PM
I think we have to remember that who will he replace in the side isn't always the point.

We have had a good run and before the trip to Tynecastle we had the same team for a few weeks on the bounce.

The bigger picture however is that players lose form, get suspended, get injured or get the urge to move on. My point is that we need a better squad and I think few could argue that Barr or Arfield would strengthen our squad.

To me its not about who is replaceable its about if x drops out do we have a y that can come and not weaken the team.

Last week was a prime example of you can't keep the same team week in, week out and I think we were found wanting to an extent with three changes.
well done, somebody is being realistic:agree:

Wotherspiniesta
13-11-2009, 09:39 PM
McBride has been one of our best players but if Arfield was to sign for Hibs then McBride goes before Miller.

These are all hypothetical questions and answers but the whole thread is about who is replaceable, McBride certainly out of the midfield is.

Really? I don't think anyone in the squad can do the same job McBride does. IMO, he is the most important player in the starting XI right now.