PDA

View Full Version : Stevenson

hibeeleicester
13-11-2009, 10:14 AM
Sorry if there is already a thread but i have just noticed he has got a call up for the under 21's. To those who said he was pish against the yams...up yours :wink:

He has ability , passion and drive. And for someone not to be featured alot this season, then chucked in at the deep end against THEM and holding IM posistion , i think hes done alright. And his performance has been rewarded.
:thumbsup::thumbsup:

NORTHERNHIBBY
13-11-2009, 10:59 AM
A few points that need to be made though. He is a midfielder not a left back, he is not a left back but a midfielder, and he is better used in the midfield than at the back. Think that is everything covered.

Joe's ice cream
13-11-2009, 11:03 AM
Don't rate him at all as a left back, and can only see him being a squad player this season

steve75
13-11-2009, 11:09 AM
I think he's fine at left back, but yes, better in the middle. However I feel he's very underated but the fans. Just because he hasn't come through and looked like he was going to get a move to the ugly sisters or the prem doesn't make him not hibs class. He is an SPL standard player and I am very happy to have around the squad.

Ritchie
13-11-2009, 11:17 AM
A few points that need to be made though. He is a midfielder not a left back, he is not a left back but a midfielder, and he is better used in the midfield than at the back. Think that is everything covered.

i agree with 2 of the 3 points you have made. :agree:

TrinityHibs
13-11-2009, 11:22 AM
Don't rate him at all as a left back, and can only see him being a squad player this season

All players are squad players just some play more often than others.There are others who feature more regularly that add less to the team than Louis. If there is a disappointment its that he has not fulfilled the potential that he showed in the cup final where he was outstanding. He still has time as he is young and I would be confident that the would not let us down whether he played full back or midfield.

aberhibsfc
13-11-2009, 11:32 AM
Sorry if there is already a thread but i have just noticed he has got a call up for the under 21's. To those who said he was pish against the yams...up yours :wink:

He has ability , passion and drive. And for someone not to be featured alot this season, then chucked in at the deep end against THEM and holding IM , i think hes done alright. And his performance has been rewarded.
:thumbsup::thumbsup:

:top marks

Lewis is better than a lot of people give him credit for. It may be difficult to force a starting slot but the left hand side of midfield can certainly be challenged for.

PS, I am impressed that you can use a pc at such a young age, but I don't think up yours is appropriate language for a 4 year old. :greengrin

Riordans Boots
13-11-2009, 01:14 PM
Wortherspoon and Hanlon as well :thumbsup:

http://www.hibs.net/message/showthread.php?t=165733&highlight=Scotland+U21s

down the slope
13-11-2009, 03:20 PM
I thought he looked a different player against the yams last week, maybe yogis coaching is paying off as i don't think he missed to many tackles or let anyone get to the byline for the early cross.

Scotthibs1875
13-11-2009, 05:59 PM
:top marks

Lewis is better than a lot of people give him credit for. It may be difficult to force a starting slot but the left hand side of midfield can certainly be challenged for.

PS, I am impressed that you can use a pc at such a young age, but I don't think up yours is appropriate language for a 4 year old. :greengrin

I don't think he has the attacking style to play there at all mate and
tbh i think he is a very limitedplayer. It hurts may to say this because i thought he was magic when he first came through:boo hoo:

Joe's ice cream
13-11-2009, 06:20 PM
All players are squad players just some play more often than others.There are others who feature more regularly that add less to the team than Louis. If there is a disappointment its that he has not fulfilled the potential that he showed in the cup final where he was outstanding. He still has time as he is young and I would be confident that the would not let us down whether he played full back or midfield.

I don't disagree with your point, i think that he may struggle at left back, and just get the impression that he won't be first choice all that often.
Its just my opinion, i may be wrong.....................ask anyone near me in the West stand and they will confirm that i've been wrong many times before!!:agree: