View Full Version : The Huns v The Hun.. (merged)

13-11-2009, 09:28 AM
With Rangers being fined £18,000 for running amok in Romania, and Sir Fergie being fined £20,000 for calling a referee fat :rolleyes:

I'm I missing something :confused:

Can't help but think that The Huns got off lightly, talk about a slap on the back of the hand. :bitchy:

13-11-2009, 10:19 AM
With Rangers being fined £18,000 for running amok in Romania, and Sir Fergie being fined £20,000 for calling a referee fat :rolleyes:

I'm I missing something :confused:

Can't help but think that The Huns got off lightly, talk about a slap on the back of the hand. :bitchy:

TBF, football hooliganism is practically compulsory in some parts of Eastern Europe, so the behaviour of Der Hun didn't register much on the Hooligan Scale.

13-11-2009, 10:48 AM
TBF, football hooliganism is practically compulsory in some parts of Eastern Europe, so the behaviour of Der Hun didn't register much on the Hooligan Scale.

Just lost in translation, me thinks :wink: Don't make much sense to me. :cool2:

But then I'm not the judge, I'd shoot the Fokker's :greengrin

13-11-2009, 11:29 AM
Just lost in translation, me thinks :wink: Don't make much sense to me. :cool2:

But then I'm not the judge, I'd shoot the Fokker's :greengrin

Maybe I should have added a 'tongue in cheek' smiley, as I wasn't being 100% serious.

13-11-2009, 11:59 AM
Just been looking at the 2 fines that have been given out. Not sure how they come to these figures but it seems strange that ferguson is fined 20K for criticising a ref yet Rangers are fined less for their fans rioting. . . . again.

I know its hard to control fans, but it seems they may have got off lightly considering fergusons fine.

Thoughts?

13-11-2009, 12:05 PM
Totally fair. Ferguson admitted his guilt, had only himself to blame, etc.

The over-boisterous fans who got Rongers into trouble, on the other hand, were Chelsea, Celtc, etc, fans stirring it up for them.

Rougier45
13-11-2009, 12:08 PM
Rangers should have been thrown out of Euro there fans are the worst in Europe and probably the reason that the EPL does not deire the OF

13-11-2009, 12:09 PM

The over-boisterous fans who got Rongers into trouble, on the other hand, were Chelsea, Celtc, etc, fans stirring it up for them.

Sorry, am I missing something here? Do you mean it was Celtic and Chelsea fans causing bother?

13-11-2009, 12:11 PM

The over-boisterous fans who got Rangers into trouble,:devil:.

It just doesn't make sense, does it?

I was thinking before that a fan ban for the next two/three games in Europe would have been more likely, to get this fine is just a joke in my eyes :agree:

13-11-2009, 12:44 PM
Honestly people :confused:

A stewward tells me to get out of the stadium as my "fenian jack" (hypothetically btw, I don't possess one) is deemed "unaacceptable", I've paid quite a bit for the tickets and travellede abroad to see Hibs play. "Naw, wtf??" is my reply. I'm suddenly pepper sprayed..........

What would you do?

Personally, cards on the table here, you hit me or try to pepper spray me for nothing I'm going to fight you.

On the other hand if I see my mate being chucked out of a european game aftering travelling all the way fae Scotland for nothing and being pepper sprayed, whatever, I'm going to stick up for him/her by any means possible.

I think that soem people need to take off thier green tinted glassess for a moment and put yourself in the Rangers fans position.

OK, they have a dismal Euro record for violence. Manchester was a ****ing disgrace. But Ossasuna and Urhiera gonhorriea (or whatever they're called :faf:) were a completely different kettle of fish.

To be perfectly honest, if I had to pee in a hole in the ground at a "Champions League" match i'd be disgruntled anyway. Being attacked by the steward would be the cherry, on the icing, on top of the cake for me.

13-11-2009, 01:10 PM
Honestly people :confused:

A stewward tells me to get out of the stadium as my "fenian jack" (hypothetically btw, I don't possess one) is deemed "unaacceptable", I've paid quite a bit for the tickets and travellede abroad to see Hibs play. "Naw, wtf??" is my reply. I'm suddenly pepper sprayed..........

What would you do?

Personally, cards on the table here, you hit me or try to pepper spray me for nothing I'm going to fight you.

On the other hand if I see my mate being chucked out of a european game aftering travelling all the way fae Scotland for nothing and being pepper sprayed, whatever, I'm going to stick up for him/her by any means possible.

I think that soem people need to take off thier green tinted glassess for a moment and put yourself in the Rangers fans position.

OK, they have a dismal Euro record for violence. Manchester was a ****ing disgrace. But Ossasuna and Urhiera gonhorriea (or whatever they're called :faf:) were a completely different kettle of fish.

To be perfectly honest, if I had to pee in a hole in the ground at a "Champions League" match i'd be disgruntled anyway. Being attacked by the steward would be the cherry, on the icing, on top of the cake for me.

Not even going to try and justify my OP, as your eyes haven't recovered from the pepper spray yet. :greengrin

I was just saying how Sir Fergie get 20k for verbal slagging of a ref and The Huns get 18k for running amok...justice indeed. :bitchy:

13-11-2009, 01:18 PM
I was just saying how Sir Fergie get 20k for verbal slagging of a ref and The Huns get 18k for running amok...justice indeed. :bitchy:

Correct. Actual fighting/assaults etc are less worthy of a punishment than Ferguson slagging a ref.

The world has gone radge.

hibbyak
13-11-2009, 01:33 PM
If only he'd ripped up some seats and started a riot.....could have saved himself a couple of grand!

13-11-2009, 01:40 PM
Correct. Actual fighting/assaults etc are less worthy of a punishment than Ferguson slagging a ref.

The world has gone radge.

Maybe they took account of the fact that Sir Fergie has a lot more money in the bank than Glasgow Rangers right now?

13-11-2009, 07:23 PM
Maybe they took account of the fact that Sir Fergie has a lot more money in the bank than Glasgow Rangers right now?

Well going by that logic Doddie...

Shouldn't have Rangers got awarded 18,000?

They are in the minus figures after all. :wink:

Horse
13-11-2009, 09:43 PM
If only he'd ripped up some seats and started a riot.....could have saved himself a couple of grand!

...and saved himself a 4 match ban!

16-11-2009, 12:25 PM
Not even going to try and justify my OP, as your eyes haven't recovered from the pepper spray yet. :greengrin

Aye well in perspective when you measure the fines for fighting against Fergusson's fine for swearing, it isn't justice as you've said.

But all in all I'm getting pretty fed up of heavy handed foreign officials. Look at Man United against Roma a year and a half ago. The other fans try to start a riot and it's the manc's that get battered to pieces by the very people who are supposed to be trying to keep the peace. There wasn't one riot personnel at the Roma end. The video on the news of the bald Man U fan trying to get away from the violence then is smashed over the head with a police batten several times sticks in my mind.

Also was the Urrienha (think I'm simply going to stop trying to spell it!) stadium not littered with broken, ripped up seats before the riot. The stadium and officials need badly revised before they are ever let back into Europe imo.

As for Rangers, I despise what the club stands for and many of their fans, but for once I don't think that they are to blame for heavy handed stewards picking fights.

16-11-2009, 12:37 PM
Aye well in perspective when you measure the fines for fighting against Fergusson's fine for swearing, it isn't justice as you've said.

But all in all I'm getting pretty fed up of heavy handed foreign officials. Look at Man United against Roma a year and a half ago. The other fans try to start a riot and it's the manc's that get battered to pieces by the very people who are supposed to be trying to keep the peace. There wasn't one riot personnel at the Roma end. The video on the news of the bald Man U fan trying to get away from the violence then is smashed over the head with a police batten several times sticks in my mind.

Also was the Urrienha (think I'm simply going to stop trying to spell it!) stadium not littered with broken, ripped up seats before the riot. The stadium and officials need badly revised before they are ever let back into Europe imo.

As for Rangers, I despise what the club stands for and many of their fans, but for once I don't think that they are to blame for heavy handed stewards picking fights.

I take your point but at the end of the day we are talking about what happened in Romania, I saw fans surging forward and wanting to go ahead :take that

Guilty as charged in my opinion, and to be fined 18k for such an offence is a joke, footage clearly shows the fans wanting to go fighting...

16-11-2009, 12:46 PM
I take your point but at the end of the day we are talking about what happened in Romania, I saw fans surging forward and wanting to go ahead :take that

Guilty as charged in my opinion, and to be fined 18k for such an offence is a joke, footage clearly shows the fans wanting to go fighting...

Fair enough, I've not seen much footage of the incident. I am more up-to-date with how it all started.

Guilty as charged if they were surging forward to fight but in all fairness shouldn't the club be fined for having it's stewards provoke a crowd with, lets face it, a very unfriendly reputation.....