PDA

View Full Version : Huns accounts out (£13M loss, £31M debt, turnover down)

Moulin Yarns
12-11-2009, 12:28 PM
This (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/glasgow_and_west/8356651.stm) won't help their case :greengrin drop in the ocean compared to the EPL

Bad Martini
12-11-2009, 12:38 PM
This (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/glasgow_and_west/8356651.stm) won't help their case :greengrin drop in the ocean compared to the EPL

:faf::faf::faf:

Shame that. I'd hate to see them go under...really.

:faf::faf::faf:

:devil:

P.S. :faf::faf:

MB62
12-11-2009, 01:10 PM
Rangers new chairman Johnston said
"Clearly, costs at this level cannot be sustained without Champions League income."

So if we can finish above them this year, we could very well be responsible for the demise of Glasgow Rangers.
Now there's an incentive if ever you needed one :thumbsup:

TheEastTerrace
12-11-2009, 01:14 PM
"Clearly, costs at this level cannot be sustained without Champions League income."

So if we can finish above them this year, we could very well be responsible for the demise of Glasgow Rangers.

Christ, I would never come off cloud nine should that ever come to fruition. Unlikely as it is, it would make up for the years of sectarian hatred and bile we've been subjected to by the fans of Glesga Rangers.

Seems like they are about to take a tasty fine or more from UEFA for the other week's crowd trouble too.

Happy days indeed :greengrin

7Hero
12-11-2009, 02:07 PM
SO LET ME GET THIS RIGHT, THERE TURNOVER IS ONLY 25M AND IT DROIPPED 37%..

here was me thinking they were SOOOO much bigger than us, if our turnover is 10m roughly they are only 2.5 times our size in turnover.

With an average gate of 4 times our gate...

They are seriously scrapping away are they not, with no hope of a buyer, role on the january fire sale...

MB62
12-11-2009, 02:12 PM

And another thought that just came to mind.

What if Dundee Utd and Motherwell also finish above them and there is absolutely NO EUROPEAN FOOTBALL FOR THEM AT ALL? :thumbsup:

Oh, well, one can but dream :greengrin

Part/Time Supporter
12-11-2009, 02:38 PM

here was me thinking they were SOOOO much bigger than us, if our turnover is 10m roughly they are only 2.5 times our size in turnover.

They are seriously scrapping away are they not, with no hope of a buyer, role on the january fire sale...

Murray "outsourced" a lot of a normal football club's revenue streams, eg they sold the rights to sell Hun tops to JJB for a few million up front a few years ago (Ocean Finance style).

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/r/rangers/4788114.stm

A lot was made of the fact that the £3M annual payment was a "minimum", with incentives on top, but even when they made the UEFA Cup final and they were selling truckloads of shirts, Rangers didn't receive another penny!

MacBean
12-11-2009, 03:33 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/glasgow_and_west/8356651.stm

A loss this year! I knew they were in bad shape, but i didnt know it was as bad as that Lot!

EDIT: OOPS!! DIDNT SEE THE OTHER THREAD

Big Frank
12-11-2009, 04:00 PM

What if Dundee Utd and Motherwell also finish above them and there is absolutely NO EUROPEAN FOOTBALL FOR THEM AT ALL? :thumbsup:

Unfortunately, teams won't be "allowed" to do that to the huns.

Leithenhibby
12-11-2009, 04:05 PM

I just thought that a wee 1 year ban from UEFA, my also help our cause :devil:

Happy days indeed...OFGTF..Ooops, and now that's not even going to happen :wink:

Woody1985
12-11-2009, 04:30 PM

Their turnover was 39.something million, down 25m from a record of +65 million.

If Celtic won the league last year Rangers would have been finished. Sounds like a mad conspiracy but I don't think that Celtic wanted the league last season (at board level).

They need each other.

Barney McGrew
12-11-2009, 04:33 PM
They need each other.

:agree:

If one disappeared, the other lot would have no reason for being in existence.

Just Jimmy
12-11-2009, 04:36 PM

Makes you wonder why the other clubs don't do a 'deal' to see one of 'the rest' finish second or even top. Especially if it meant long term benefit for the other clubs and the rest of the league as a whole.

Petrie's Tache
12-11-2009, 04:43 PM
Chief executive Martin Bain said it was necessary to look for new sources of income, including talks "with other football clubs in the continent facing similar challenges

Right so EPL is out, I know lets try the european format again.:grr::grr:

jgl07
12-11-2009, 05:27 PM
There does seem to be a lot of fuss about this.

Rangers have debts of £31 million as against a turnover of £40 million.

Aberdeen have debts of £11 million against a turnover of 8.6 million.

Dundee United have debts of £5.9 million with a turnover of £5.8 million.

Killie have debts of £17.3 million and a turnover of £8.7 million.

and of course Hearts with debts probably nudging £40 million and a turnover of around £9 to £10 million.

Rangers appear to be in a better position to trade themselves out of difficulties than many of the clubs listed above.

Is there a sub-plot here? Perhaps the David Murray empire is struggling also?

Minder
12-11-2009, 06:05 PM
Listen to Sportsound, some guy just suggested fan buy out and this is a quote "100,000 fans pay £50 each" and thereafter pay an annual amount. Christ, we think the Yams are deluded. Last share issue the Huns had the take up was minimal and Murray had to stump up the rest.

Bad Martini
12-11-2009, 06:10 PM

and of course Hearts with debts probably nudging £40 million and a turnover of around £9 to £10 million.

Rangers appear to be in a better position to trade themselves out of difficulties than many of the clubs listed above.

I don't know about murrays' companies...what I do know is, the same bank is allegedly more stringent than the auld HBOS ever was......and as I understand it the organisation (including the huns) are getting skelped back in line, told not to waste money etc.

One would hope the club would have a revenue stream to counter all this eh? Like a run in europe? Err that's looking as promising as the prospects of a toilet duck....

Shame like :greengrin bwwwwhahahaha

Mixu62
12-11-2009, 06:21 PM
Murray looking to offload his controlling share? I think we should buy them! We could call it a "merger". Now, where did I get that idea from..?:devil:

Part/Time Supporter
12-11-2009, 06:43 PM

It is. Invested a ****load in property just before the credit crunch hit.

:faf:

Ozyhibby
12-11-2009, 06:49 PM

Killie debt is only £9m, Still too high and I would doubt their turnover is as high as £8.7m. That would put them on a higher turnover than Aberdeen with only half the attendances?

Lofarl
12-11-2009, 06:56 PM

Would this not seriously be a possibility if god forbid :boo hoo:rankers went into administration thereby incurring a 10 point deduction. Or would that be from next season, or would the rules be conveniently changed?

ballengeich
12-11-2009, 07:02 PM
Killie debt is only £9m, Still too high and I would doubt their turnover is as high as £8.7m. That would put them on a higher turnover than Aberdeen with only half the attendances?

Killie's turnover includes the income from their hotel and other businesses, while other clubs show football only.

NORTHERNHIBBY
12-11-2009, 07:04 PM

If Rangers " followers" decide to cause trouble again away to Sevilla then there will no European football next year no matter where they finish in the league. Somebody should point out that Seville is famous for oranges, and then they will maybe keep a lid on things.:cool2:

Nameless
12-11-2009, 07:08 PM
With Children in Need just round the corner, I'm in a giving mood. I feel that it is our duty to help the less fortunate, and with that in mind, I am starting a charity campaign. The aim of this campaign is to raise enough money to pay the wages of one Rangers player for a month. These are despreate times, so please give generously.

Many thanks.

Help A Hun Association (or HAHA for short:cool2:)

Bad Martini
12-11-2009, 07:18 PM
With Children in Need just round the corner, I'm in a giving mood. I feel that it is our duty to help the less fortunate, and with that in mind, I am starting a charity campaign. The aim of this campaign is to raise enough money to pay the wages of one Rangers player for a month. These are despreate times, so please give generously.

Many thanks.

I've had a word with the gaffer and we're willing to take their players of their hands for a nominal fee, thus reducing their wage bill. This is not, as you might think, a "fire sale" but a "fair and reasonable offer" and indeed, will mirror and reflect past offers made by our friends from Ibrox.

Furthermore, we'll pay in low installments, over a period of 62 years, with no option for a sell on clause as we'll already be doing them a significant favour any way.

Finally, if we choose to leave these players on the bench, that's up to us and if we choose to sell them on for an inflated profit (having increased their value by association with us), that's also our perogative.

We'll start these proceedings roughly 6 days before we're due to play them and we'll conclude the business just before kick off.

We feel this is very fair and should they not accept this most generous offer, we'll have no worries or concerns. Indeed, we're certain Lloyds will have no input into the deals, nor will they want ANYTHING they can get their hands on, having written off a megre 6 BILLION pounds already in debts.

JUST BECAUSE Lloyds became the first bank in the world to pay back some bailout cash to the UK Government, it doesnt mean they will want a penny from the glasgow outfit. No, quite the contrary, they will extend them yet more credit, indefintely, as this is a good working business model to follow.

ENDOF :devil::devil::devil::devil::devil:

Woody1985
12-11-2009, 07:37 PM

Many thanks.

You've mixed that up with Help the Aged surely?

Caversham Green
12-11-2009, 07:46 PM

Murray's empire is in deep doo-doo, but as you say the club itself is in a reasonable position to trade out of its own problems. On that basis I suspect an administrator/liquidator would be more likely to sell the shares as an asset rather than break up/'administrate' the club. I don't think there's a huge threat to Rangers as a going concern, but they will probably have to cut their cloth over the next 3-5 years. That's good news for us as Hibs are by far the best-placed club to benefit from a reduction in Rangers' fortunes.

As Ballengeich says, Killie also have income from their hotel - that accounted for about £2.6m of their £8.7m turnover. That still gives them a higher footballing turnover than Dundee Utd. Their net debt at 31 May 2008 was £11.4m.

jgl07
12-11-2009, 07:54 PM

Rangers turnover is way above £25 million.

It was £64 million (2008) and dropped to around £40 million (2009).

Hibercelona
12-11-2009, 08:09 PM
Murray's empire is in deep doo-doo, but as you say the club itself is in a reasonable position to trade out of its own problems. On that basis I suspect an administrator/liquidator would be more likely to sell the shares as an asset rather than break up/'administrate' the club. I don't think there's a huge threat to Rangers as a going concern, but they will probably have to cut their cloth over the next 3-5 years. That's good news for us as Hibs are by far the best-placed club to benefit from a reduction in Rangers' fortunes.

And if we can take them on for 2nd place and succeed... their problems could go on for far longer than 5 years. :thumbsup:

I think Hibs really need to use this to give them an even bigger boost, to what has been nothing short of a fantastic start to the season. :agree:

sahib
12-11-2009, 08:48 PM

And if we can take them on for 2nd place and succeed... their problems could go on for far longer than 5 years. :thumbsup:
I think Hibs really need to use this to give them an even bigger boost, to what has been nothing short of a fantastic start to the season. :agree:

Given the stakes here, I wonder if we should be allowed to further endanger Ranger's position by denying them a CL place? .

cabbageandribs1875
12-11-2009, 09:34 PM
I just thought that a wee 1 year ban from UEFA, my also help our cause :devil:

Happy days indeed...OFGTF..Ooops, and now that's not even going to happen :wink:

they only got a £18K fine from uefa http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/r/rangers/8356348.stm :boo hoo:

Rangers have been fined £18,000 by Uefa following fan violence during their Champions League match against Unirea Urziceni on 4 November in Romania.

And the Romanians have been fined £7,200 for lack of organisation at the same Group G match.

WindyMiller
12-11-2009, 09:38 PM
they only got a £18K fine from uefa http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/r/rangers/8356348.stm :boo hoo:

Rangers have been fined £18,000 by Uefa following fan violence during their Champions League match against Unirea Urziceni on 4 November in Romania.

And the Romanians have been fined £7,200 for lack of organisation at the same Group G match.

Rangers will also have to pay for repairs to the stadium

mjhibby
13-11-2009, 07:20 AM

Is killies debt really that high.If it is then they are donald ducked and im sure the dons have drastically reduced their debt.Good to see the big team are first in some competition with their cousins not far behind.In any other business hertz and killie would be declared insolvent and shut down.Great to see rangers struggling so badly and surely now every non infirm team should realise this is the time to beat them.

Ozyhibby
13-11-2009, 10:23 AM
Killie chairman says debt is down to £9m to the bank, although there maybe money owed to others.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/8355130.stm

Peevemor
13-11-2009, 10:29 AM
Killie chairman says debt is down to £9m to the bank, although there maybe money owed to others.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/8355130.stm

I haven't listened to the link, but if it's £9M just now, they still have to find money to pay wages etc. every month. Remember we're only a quarter of the way through the season and they've had all their season ticket money.

For the past couple of years, each year at the end of August, Hibs have been virtually debt free but with a full year's expenditure ahead of them and the bulk of income already in the bank.

sam armstrong
13-11-2009, 10:41 AM

Is Killie's debt not nearer £9m?

blueisthecolour
13-11-2009, 10:43 AM
Makes you wonder why the other clubs don't do a 'deal' to see one of 'the rest' finish second or even top. Especially if it meant long term benefit for the other clubs and the rest of the league as a whole.

Could you go in to this futher, what I take from it you are implying clubs cheat, but Im sure you wouldn't be saying that as cheating is wrong is it not?

jgl07
13-11-2009, 11:08 AM
Is Killie's debt not nearer £9m?
The debts and the turnover include figures for the Hotel as well as the football club.

http://www.football-finances.org.uk/spl/index.htm

basehibby
13-11-2009, 12:00 PM

I agree that the media is making a storm in a teacup out this - the Huns are NOT (unfortunately) about to go out of business. They WILL however, since Murray's business concerns are suffering, have to cut their cloth according to their abilities to honour their commitments.
So - the Huns and all their pals in the media are kicking up a fuss cos they're not going to be able to buy their way out of trouble and will therefore NOT have a virtual guarantee of success over the coming years - BIG DEAL - welcome to the real world Huns! Long may your troubles continue! :thumbsup:

Seveno
13-11-2009, 12:09 PM

As Ballengeich says, Killie also have income from their hotel - that accounted for about £2.6m of their £8.7m turnover. That still gives them a higher footballing turnover than Dundee Utd. Their net debt at 31 May 2008 was £11.4m.

I seem to recall a few years ago that Murray converted a lump of debt into long term mortages. Was this a way of getting it off the balance sheet or would these be included in the current net debt figure ?

Or is it all just wishful thinking by me ?

Lloyds Bank have just called in the Administrators on Kenmore Property. Will Murray's Premier Property ( previously bankrolled by Bank of Scotland ) be next ?

Jack
13-11-2009, 12:14 PM
Could you go in to this futher, what I take from it you are implying clubs cheat, but Im sure you wouldn't be saying that as cheating is wrong is it not?

As if the Old Firm wouldn’t be above working together to get a mutually agreeable outcome for themselves!!!

Tell us more about the rumours in Glasgow about how last seasons SPL title was won and lost. About how Celtc, knowing Rangers were financially insecure, gifted the league and automatic entry to the league stages of this years CL, to Rangers in a bid to continue the Old Firm dominance?

Funny how things work out isn’t it. I mean, if they hadn’t won the SPL, got into the CL, just how much deeper in the financial ***** would they be now?

blueisthecolour
13-11-2009, 12:32 PM
As if the Old Firm wouldn’t be above working together to get a mutually agreeable outcome for themselves!!!

Tell us more about the rumours in Glasgow about how last seasons SPL title was won and lost. About how Celtc, knowing Rangers were financially insecure, gifted the league and automatic entry to the league stages of this years CL, to Rangers in a bid to continue the Old Firm dominance?

Funny how things work out isn’t it. I mean, if they hadn’t won the SPL, got into the CL, just how much deeper in the financial ***** would they be now?

Yeah yeag celtic let us win the league:rolleyes:, lets face it they where rotten and couldn't finish us off.

Celtic gave up the chance of earning millions just for us in the champions league:yawn:

Danderhall Hibs
13-11-2009, 12:48 PM
Yeah yeag celtic let us win the league, lets face it they where rotten and couldn't finish us off.

Celtic gave up the chance of earning millions just for us in the champions league

Incredible. You two really are as thick as thieves.

JackRegan
13-11-2009, 01:00 PM
Yeah yeag celtic let us win the league:rolleyes:, lets face it they where rotten and couldn't finish us off.

Celtic gave up the chance of earning millions just for us in the champions league:yawn:

Don't mention it Billy. We owe you one for selling Gazza to make sure we stopped the 10. :wink:

Mind, the next carve up meeting is in the Knights - the Masonic is getting a coat of paint.

Yours in Glasgow

Declan

PS Say hello to Farquhar, Cameron and Gregor the next time your at the Bowlong Club. :greengrin

MB62
13-11-2009, 01:05 PM

Short term sustainable loss for long term gain.
Both clubs survive because of each other, one goes and it wouldn't be long before the other was on the slippery slope too.

TrinityHibs
13-11-2009, 01:09 PM
The Huns have a debt to the bank of £30M. They are in no danger of going down although they will need to cut back on wages, sell players and suffer the indignity of being humped regularly at a half empty Greyskull as the Loyal Gloryhunters will be off following Chelsea. Wattie has confirmed that the Bank are running the club.

The Huns are part of the Murray empire which is now wholly controlled by Lloyds as debts are greater than assets. Maniacal investment in commercial property at the top of the market and the downturn in demand for steel means Davyboy is up to his neck in the unpleasant brown stuff and I predict there will be quite a bit of surrendering going on. At £30M the Huns have a value greater than the debt so some daftie will probably pick them up. Any surplus will go to Lloyds. The balance of the Empire sits in a toxic ooze which tradiionally is green. Nae luck.

Murray being found out and Hertz dire predicament are the only two good things to come out of the recession. :agree:

blueisthecolour
13-11-2009, 01:17 PM
Don't mention it Billy. We owe you one for selling Gazza to make sure we stopped the 10. :wink:

Mind, the next carve up meeting is in the Knights - the Masonic is getting a coat of paint.

Yours in Glasgow

Declan

PS Say hello to Farquhar, Cameron and Gregor the next time your at the Bowlong Club. :greengrin

Nice to meet you Jack,

We could join forces and take over this board.

At least we have something in common, Half the poster on here hate us:faf:

JackRegan
13-11-2009, 01:19 PM
Nice to meet you Jack,

:greengrin

Tomsk
13-11-2009, 01:22 PM
Nice to meet you Jack,

I seriously cannot believe this. I cannot see me being around for much longer if this keeps up.

Jack
13-11-2009, 01:48 PM
Yeah yeag celtic let us win the league, lets face it they where rotten and couldn't finish us off.

Celtic gave up the chance of earning millions just for us in the champions league

Don't mention it Billy. We owe you one for selling Gazza to make sure we stopped the 10.

Yours in Glasgow

Declan

Celtc had a stronger squad and yet Rangers won the league. :agree:

Having won the league Rangers get automatic to the Champions League, league stages. :agree:

With the stronger squad, and typical arrogance :agree: :agree:, Celtc are better positioned and expect to qualify for the league stages. :bitchy: :faf:

There was no anticipated chance of them both not making CL millions. :greengrin

What's on paper doesn’t always translate to what happens on grass (particularly with Agent Tony’s :spammy:teams), Celtc were put out but Rangers were saved to fight all over Europe / another day.

Why do you think they are called the Old Firm?

How is when the smaller clubs are ganged up on by the OF it’s a joint announcement? – 5% levy being charged for selling away tickets for example.

How come when the OF have a transfer target, particularly from the other SPL clubs, there is hardly ever a real auction? One just about always bows out when it starts getting serious.

The only rivalry is between the dim witted majority of supporters, who are too busy filling themselves with hatred for the other, while the money makers work together to make sure nothing upsets the apple cart.

Brooster
13-11-2009, 01:56 PM
Nice to meet you Jack,

I hate you both, couple of tits.

Caversham Green
13-11-2009, 04:22 PM
Nice to meet you Jack,

Here's a better idea. You could both join some English club's website and carry on your comedy double act there. They all really really want you to join* and you'd do really well there.

We'd miss you of course, and wouldn't know what to do without you, but we'd just have to soldier on.

*Just don't pick Reading. For some reason they think you're all a bunch of bigoted tosspots down here.

scoopyboy
13-11-2009, 04:30 PM
I hate you both, couple of tits.

A blue tit and a green tit.

You are turning this thread into an ornithologists dream.

Just Jimmy
13-11-2009, 05:15 PM

Nope, I'm pondering why clubs, knowing how donald ducked you Huns are, don't reach some kind of conclusion which would see you desimated further.

I'm not suggesting cheating, but then would one or two season's of it really be that bad if it levelled the playing field properly?

In the long run it would be better for Scottish football and the other clubs specifically.

I'm not suggesting we should, I was more wondering that given how open corruption in sport is becoming (gambling etc), why, considering the money at stake, other clubs don't have a vested interest in seeing you lot struggle even more.

If you went tits up, or even just ended up on the same level as the rest, then surely they'd see gates rise. This would be due to the fact it was more competitive. However, I'd also reckon your gate would drop by about 10k at least. Any major problems you lot had would also reflect on Celtic since you feed from each other.

...WentToMowAnSPL
13-11-2009, 05:20 PM
[FONT=Verdana]How come when the OF have a transfer target, particularly from the other SPL clubs, there is hardly ever a real auction?

Too true :agree: this is hardly ever talked about