PDA

View Full Version : under 19s v Sheep

oconnors_strip
12-11-2009, 03:15 PM
hibs under 19s are playing aberdeen tomorrow at east mains, kick off 1pm.

Leithenhibby
12-11-2009, 03:22 PM
For some reason I has Saturday in my head, thanks for that as my car is in getting a service I'll no make it.:grr:

best laid plans and all that...

Leithenhibby
12-11-2009, 04:02 PM
It's Saturday 14th @12:00 according to the website.

Not here tho :wink: http://www.futbol24.com/stat_main_51__U19/Scotland.html

hibee92
12-11-2009, 05:35 PM
considering going up... is it tomorrow or saturday then?

oconnors_strip
12-11-2009, 05:45 PM
It's Saturday 14th @12:00 according to the website.

if you believe everything on the official website then fool you. hibs say they are trying to encourage fans to support the youth development at the club, well if they told the fans when and where then it would happen!!! this is something that has annoyed me for years:bitchy:

definately friday 13th november kick off 1pm. this is from hibs players and spl wesbite www.scotprem.com

oconnors_strip
12-11-2009, 06:05 PM
i see its been changed on the official site now:rolleyes:

Danderhall Hibs
12-11-2009, 06:16 PM
i see its been changed on the official site now:rolleyes:

Is that not a good thing?

oconnors_strip
12-11-2009, 09:01 PM
Is that not a good thing?

yes its a good thing. but it has taken until less than 24 hours until the game to be changed:grr: not helpful for fans who might be wanting to go to it.

Brooster
13-11-2009, 03:23 PM
Hibs 3 Aberdeen 5.

PaulSmith
13-11-2009, 03:40 PM
Aberdeen went one up about 15 mins into the game. Hibs were then awarded a pen which I'm surprised that the keeper wasnt red carded for as the forwards next touch was to roll the ball into the net.

Hibs then went 2-1 up, sure it was Scott Smith header from a corner but almost immediately Aberdeen broke up the park and equalised.

Hibs never threatened in the 2nd half and lost two goals to goalie mistakes.

scoopyboy
13-11-2009, 03:51 PM
I watched the second half and would have to say Aberdeen deserved their victory, it went from 2-2 to 5-2 before we scored in injury time.

GlesgaeHibby
13-11-2009, 03:52 PM
Aberdeen went one up about 15 mins into the game. Hibs were then awarded a pen which I'm surprised that the keeper wasnt red carded for as the forwards next touch was to roll the ball into the net.

Hibs then went 2-1 up, sure it was Scott Smith header from a corner but almost immediately Aberdeen broke up the park and equalised.

:grr::grr: FFS!! What the hell is Gordon Marshall playing at?!!:devil:

scoopyboy
13-11-2009, 04:02 PM
We have been drawn at home to Falkirk in the last 16 of the cup.

PaulSmith
13-11-2009, 04:15 PM
I watched the second half and would have to say Aberdeen deserved their victory, it went from 2-2 to 5-2 before we scored in injury time.

Were you speaking/next to Gary McKay by any chance?

scoopyboy
13-11-2009, 04:17 PM
Were you speaking/next to Gary McKay by any chance?

Yes that was me.

Mikey
13-11-2009, 04:18 PM
Yes that was me.

Did you scrub yourself down after? :greengrin

PaulSmith
13-11-2009, 04:21 PM
http://www.afc.premiumtv.co.uk/articles/young-dons-turn-on-the-style-20091113_2212158_1874428?

Wee report here

scoopyboy
13-11-2009, 04:23 PM
Did you scrub yourself down after? :greengrin

Ho ho ho.

I don't mind Gary to be honest.

Knew him from the old City of Edinburgh bowling tournaments at Balgreen when his father done the bar through the Centre Spot license.

He is agent to several Hibs players and looks after them well by all accounts.

poolman
13-11-2009, 04:30 PM

Were there any "robust tackles" going in :rolleyes:

Mikey
13-11-2009, 04:30 PM

He didn't do Ian Black any favours. Imagine letting him sign for that lot :greengrin

scoopyboy
13-11-2009, 04:35 PM
He didn't do Ian Black any favours. Imagine letting him sign for that lot :greengrin

He was at East Mains and we offered him terms, nowhere near the Hearts offer.

I believe he simply signed the biggest deal that was on offer.

scoopyboy
13-11-2009, 04:37 PM
Were there any "robust tackles" going in :rolleyes:

A few tasty ones from both teams.

The ref was poor and thankfully nobody got hurt.

Mikey
13-11-2009, 04:59 PM
He was at East Mains and we offered him terms, nowhere near the Hearts offer.

I believe he simply signed the biggest deal that was on offer.

Ian Black or Liam Miller
Ian Black or Laim Miller
Ian Black or Liam Miller
Ian Black or Laim Miller
Ian Black or Liam Miller
Ian Black or Laim Miller
Ian Black or Liam Miller
Ian Black or Laim Miller

I just can't make my mind up :greengrin

Judas Iscariot
13-11-2009, 05:04 PM
Ian Black or Liam Miller
Ian Black or Laim Miller
Ian Black or Liam Miller
Ian Black or Laim Miller
Ian Black or Liam Miller
Ian Black or Laim Miller
Ian Black or Liam Miller
Ian Black or Laim Miller

Ian Black or Kevin McBride?!?

I can't decide on that one either..

:wink:

PaulSmith
13-11-2009, 05:10 PM
Ian Black or Kevin McBride?!?

I can't decide on that one either..

:wink:

Ian Black, can we just put his one to bed right now. He's no where near good enough. A horrible wee ***** bag who tries to 'do' someone in every game he plays.

That good that he couldn't get a game for the relegated ICT team last year and cannot get a run in the worst Hearts team for over 25 years.

scoopyboy
13-11-2009, 05:21 PM
Ian Black or Liam Miller
Ian Black or Laim Miller
Ian Black or Liam Miller
Ian Black or Laim Miller
Ian Black or Liam Miller
Ian Black or Laim Miller
Ian Black or Liam Miller
Ian Black or Laim Miller

I'll take the one on the RHS in all 7 instances

MSK
13-11-2009, 05:29 PM
Ian Black, can we just put his one to bed right now. He's no where near good enough. A horrible wee ***** bag who tries to 'do' someone in every game he plays.

That good that he couldn't get a game for the relegated ICT team last year and cannot get a run in the worst Hearts team for over 25 years.:top marks ..despise the little cretin...he made the right choice imo ...

Judas Iscariot
13-11-2009, 05:44 PM

That good that he couldn't get a game for the relegated ICT team last year and cannot get a run in the worst Hearts team for over 25 years.

I was being sarcastic, hope you knew that :wink:

I hate the little welt too.. :jamboak:

Infact.. :hmmm:

I've always wondered..

Is Ian Black a skag heid :confused:

http://img697.imageshack.us/img697/2949/black.png

He sure looks like one :agree:

And they have the cheek to call us junkeys :rolleyes:

oconnors_strip
13-11-2009, 05:55 PM
hibs scorers were love (penalty), bell and taggart.

I'm_cabbaged
13-11-2009, 08:24 PM

To be fair the keeper is only 16, infact could be 15.

Ho ho ho.

I don't mind Gary to be honest.

Knew him from the old City of Edinburgh bowling tournaments at Balgreen when his father done the bar through the Centre Spot license.

My twelve year old son commented on his behaviour even though he didn't know who was.

Classless and yam through and through. :agree:

scoopyboy
13-11-2009, 09:55 PM
To be fair the keeper is only 16, infact could be 15.

My twelve year old son commented on his behaviour even though he didn't know who was.

Classless and yam through and through. :agree:

Not sure what you're on about.

Are you referring to his behaviour at the 19s game today?

I'm_cabbaged
13-11-2009, 10:01 PM
Not sure what you're on about.

Are you referring to his behaviour at the 19s game today?

Aye, as a grown man would spit for no reason in front of a bairn?

scoopyboy
13-11-2009, 10:15 PM

I had no idea he spat at the game today, I would like to think he didn't spit at anyone in particular.

I must admit I have spat in the past (although never at anyone) and I have never thought it was crime of the century.

Danderhall Hibs
13-11-2009, 10:16 PM
I must admit I have spat in the past (although never at anyone) and I have never thought it was crime of the century.

Were children in the vicinity?

scoopyboy
13-11-2009, 10:19 PM
Were children in the vicinity?

No, I was thinking more of when I have a cold and getting rid of phlegm.

If you want to be pedantic players spit every weekend on Match of the Day and I'm sure children watch the show.

I'm_cabbaged
13-11-2009, 10:25 PM
I had no idea he spat at the game today, I would like to think he didn't spit at anyone in particular.

Never said it was, but when a twelve year old bairn ( not sheltered by any stretch of the imagination ) comments "that's minging" about a grown man I would call that classless.

As it happens he is racist to go with it. (just to put the boot in smiley)

I'm_cabbaged
13-11-2009, 10:28 PM

No, I was thinking more of when I have a cold and getting rid of phlegm.

If you want to be pedantic players spit every weekend on Match of the Day and I'm sure children watch the show.

Bit in bold.

scoopyboy
13-11-2009, 10:32 PM
Never said it was, but when a twelve year old bairn ( not sheltered by any stretch of the imagination ) comments "that's minging" about a grown man I would call that classless.

As it happens he is racist to go with it. (just to put the boot in smiley)

I am not defending his racist abuse of Kevin Harper or his stamping on a Hibs player at ER for which he received a red card (Pat McGinlay possibly).

I'm_cabbaged
13-11-2009, 10:38 PM
I am not defending his racist abuse of Kevin Harper or his stamping on a Hibs player at ER for which he received a red card (Pat McGinlay possibly).

I'm not having a go at you SB, just stating a fact.

Back to the game. It's the first game I've been at this season, did it look like a one off for the laddie in goals?

scoopyboy
13-11-2009, 10:51 PM

Back to the game. It's the first game I've been at this season, did it look like a one off for the laddie in goals?

It was my first look at them this season as well and as posted earlier I only saw the second half.

After last season when I saw in the region of 10 games I knew this season was going to be an anti-climax in comparison.

I wondered if Callum Booth and Scott Smith would improve further as they would have a lot more to do this season and were taken out of last seasons "comfort zone".

I didn't think either shone during the 45 minutes I witnessed but it would be unfair to draw conclusions on this short period,

Have others who have seen more than me (O'Connors Strip for example) care to comment on how the two players have performed this season?

oconnors_strip
13-11-2009, 11:46 PM

i think many ex players spit still out of habit, no defending gary, but im sure when he is aware of your son not liking this he will take note.

hibs keeper today was paul grant, the under 17 keeper. he has played the past 4 games due to regular keeper lewis graham being injured during the kilmarnock match. paul had a few good saves today but he could have done better with the 3rd and 4th goals. but its a learning curve for him.

It was my first look at them this season as well and as posted earlier I only saw the second half.

After last season when I saw in the region of 10 games I knew this season was going to be an anti-climax in comparison.

I wondered if Callum Booth and Scott Smith would improve further as they would have a lot more to do this season and were taken out of last seasons "comfort zone".

I didn't think either shone during the 45 minutes I witnessed but it would be unfair to draw conclusions on this short period,

Have others who have seen more than me (O'Connors Strip for example) care to comment on how the two players have performed this season?

as for boothy and smithy. neither had a good game today compared to their normal performences that they have week in week out. scott got injured very early into today's game, aaron chalmers went for the same ball and fell onto scott's left knee and ankle. looked a sore one but scott carried on and only got treatment at half time. thats the type of laddie he is, will play through the pain barrier no matter what.

as you say the boys are playing outwith their "comfort zone". its hard for any player to adjust playing in a new team/with different players, never mind being 17/18 years old. but i would say, and im not being biased, that callum and scott will be stand outs this season for hibs and scotland.

for the people who have seen the pair of them play before then all i can say is they are both giving that level of consistancy in their game. i hear people during and after the matches talking about them, especially smithy, and its all positive, some people are amazed at how good he is for being only 17!

the future looks bright for the under 19s again, but it wont be anywhere near last seasons successes.