PDA

View Full Version : Carlo Cudicini in a bad accident

blueisthecolour
12-11-2009, 01:31 PM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1227214/Tottenham-goalkeeper-Carlo-Cudicini-rushed-hospital-motorbike-smash.html

Hibs90
12-11-2009, 01:31 PM
Link doesn't work...

GraniteCityHibs
12-11-2009, 01:34 PM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1227214/Tottenham-goalkeeper-Carlo-Cudicini-rushed-hospital-motorbike-smash.html

This one might work!

Not good news!

Hopefully he'll recover fully!

IWasThere2016
12-11-2009, 01:55 PM
"Potentially life changing injuries" (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/8357262.stm)

GieTheBaTaeReilly
12-11-2009, 02:01 PM
Yer link's duff :wink:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/8357262.stm

IWasThere2016
12-11-2009, 02:06 PM
Yer link's duff :wink:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/8357262.stm

No its no :wink:

GlesgaeHibby
12-11-2009, 02:25 PM
Poor guy. Hope he can make a good recovery, although at 36 I guess that'll be his career over.

I'll never understand why people choose to get on the death traps that are motorbikes.

Ritchie
12-11-2009, 02:33 PM
bad week for goalies..... :rolleyes:

Hibercelona
12-11-2009, 02:36 PM
Wish him a really speedy recovery. :agree:

Compared to other news we've had on here this week, this doesn't seem too bad at all.

Still a shame though. :agree:

Mag7
12-11-2009, 02:37 PM
Seems baffling that a Premiership club would allow its players to drive motorbikes, especially in a city with as much traffic as London.

hibee_nation
12-11-2009, 02:56 PM
Poor guy. Hope he can make a good recovery, although at 36 I guess that'll be his career over.

I'll never understand why people choose to get on the death traps that are motorbikes.

Aye they should ban that IOM TT too, far too dangerous. :fibber:

MacBean
12-11-2009, 03:01 PM
wish him all the best, always been an admirer of his talent especially pre-ruski period at Chelski.

Great keeper and lets hope its not too "life Changing"

Awra Best Carlo :agree:

HibeePaj
12-11-2009, 06:20 PM
Spurs reporting he has broken both his wrists, AND fractured his pelvis..

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/articles/carlocudicini121109.html

i dont think this will end his career though..

Billychaotic182
12-11-2009, 06:56 PM
Aw what!?!

Si_17
12-11-2009, 10:51 PM

Pish.:yawn:

hibeeleicester
13-11-2009, 12:05 AM
Why a professional football is riding a motorbike ill never know. He has all the time in the world after their very short careers.

GlesgaeHibby
13-11-2009, 07:59 AM
Pish.:yawn:

How is it pish? I said that I personally will never understand why people make that choice, given that they have such a poor safety record.

Why a professional footballer would use such a risky mode of transport is beyond me.

At least have something constructive to say next time, rather than a one word answer.

Rossco1875
13-11-2009, 06:21 PM
end of the day its the player choice what his prefered mode of transport is ...... hope he makes a full recovery .

MSK
13-11-2009, 06:36 PM

Seems baffling that a Premiership club would allow its players to drive motorbikes, especially in a city with as much traffic as London.

Why a professional football is riding a motorbike ill never know. He has all the time in the world after their very short careers.

How is it pish? I said that I personally will never understand why people make that choice, given that they have such a poor safety record.

Why a professional footballer would use such a risky mode of transport is beyond me.

At least have something constructive to say next time, rather than a one word answer.Cannae remember such a hoo ha when Budgie Burridge travelled from Waverley station tae Easter rd & back on his wee putt putt ... :rolleyes:

NOLA
13-11-2009, 07:17 PM
spurs are thinking of fining him as he didn't let them know he was going about on a bike:bitchy:

Jones28
13-11-2009, 08:21 PM

At least have something constructive to say next time, rather than a one word answer.

It's the riders that makes the bike dangerous.

Friend of my dads was killed in a motorbike accident trying to overtake a lorry.

Not the bikes fault, just a tragic accident :agree:

Hope he makes a full recovery, talented goalie :agree::thumbsup:

Removed
13-11-2009, 09:36 PM

You've obviously never ridden one then. Until you do, you are right you will never understand.

Why is a bike a death trap?

Pete
13-11-2009, 09:44 PM
You've obviously never ridden one then. Until you do, you are right you will never understand.

Why is a bike a death trap?

I think bikes are statistically the most dangerous form of road transport....apart from pushbikes.

I'm surprised a premiership outfit even lets players drive them while they are employees given the chances of having an accident and the injuries they might get.

They might not be "death traps" but they are a risk I wouldn't be willing to take If I was in charge of a premiership club given the amount of money that these players are worth.

Removed
13-11-2009, 09:49 PM
I think bikes are statistically the most dangerous form of road transport....apart from pushbikes.

I'm surprised a premiership outfit even lets players drive them while they are employees given the chances of having an accident and the injuries they might get.

They might not be "death traps" but they are a risk I wouldn't be willing to take If I was in charge of a premiership club given the amount of money that these players are worth.

Maybe so, but they are the most fun :greengrin and a risk I am willing to take

What about premiership footballers in supercars, bet they all drive at the speed limit and never crash :faf:

Maybe the clubs should just chauffeur the players around in cotton wool filled bubbles

Pete
13-11-2009, 11:28 PM
Maybe so, but they are the most fun :greengrin and a risk I am willing to take

What about premiership footballers in supercars, bet they all drive at the speed limit and never crash :faf:

Maybe the clubs should just chauffeur the players around in cotton wool filled bubbles

I bet these supercars are a lot safer than a superbike if some idiot was to bump into you.

It's all about insurance with these people...and their value to the club.

There's plenty of time for bikes when they've finished their careers....then they can experience the buzz.

It's all about sensible limitations.

joe breezy
15-11-2009, 07:26 AM
He didn't tell anyone at Spurs he had one Harry Redknapp said, must assume that he didn't ride it to training then?

On risks, personally not sure how safe I'd feel on one but I cycle to work some time in London. I know my life is in the hands of many of the people in cars who drive past but we take risks in life every day.

blackpoolhibs
15-11-2009, 10:47 AM
Has he broken both wrists? I ask as thats what was reported earlier on in the week, yet today they are saying he will be on crutches for a few weeks. How?:devil:

EskbankHibby
15-11-2009, 03:35 PM
Has he broken both wrists? I ask as thats what was reported earlier on in the week, yet today they are saying he will be on crutches for a few weeks. How?:devil:

You can use gutter crutches which go around the forearm area.

blackpoolhibs
15-11-2009, 04:05 PM
You can use gutter crutches which go around the forearm area.

Ahh, that will be awkward for him.

jakki
15-11-2009, 05:22 PM
A slight off topic but the wee laddie 17 year old upstairs got a motor bike and kept it under the stairs of our 4 in a block flats. One night I could smell petrol in my hallway and opened the door and he and his dad were doing work on the bike and the dad said that they had syphoned of the petrol and were working on improving the engine. My last words to them was that bike will be the death of one of us.

Sadly the next day a lorry came out of a side street infront of the bike. The wee laddie was decapitated. I could not bring myself to speak to his mum or dad after my tirade. I moved to Livingston shortly after that. I heard that his mum couldn't cope with his death and ended up at the royal edinburgh hospital. I often think of the family and say a wee prayer for them.

Baldy Foghorn
15-11-2009, 05:46 PM
A slight off topic but the wee laddie 17 year old upstairs got a motor bike and kept it under the stairs of our 4 in a block flats. One night I could smell petrol in my hallway and opened the door and he and his dad were doing work on the bike and the dad said that they had syphoned of the petrol and were working on improving the engine. My last words to them was that bike will be the death of one of us.

Sadly the next day a lorry came out of a side street infront of the bike. The wee laddie was decapitated. I could not bring myself to speak to his mum or dad after my tirade. I moved to Livingston shortly after that. I heard that his mum couldn't cope with his death and ended up at the royal edinburgh hospital. I often think of the family and say a wee prayer for them.

Marydoll, do you have any FUNNY anecdotes???:confused:

hibee
15-11-2009, 05:46 PM

Funny, when I'm on my bike going to work I look at the grumpy folk stuck on a dirty bus not moving and wonder why they do it every day as I pass with a smile on my face :greengrin

Removed
15-11-2009, 05:54 PM
Funny, when I'm on my bike going to work I look at the grumpy folk stuck on a dirty bus not moving and wonder why they do it every day as I pass with a smile on my face :greengrin

On one wheel :wink:

:thumbsup: